Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 02:50:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinRPG! A Bitcoin RPG Game!  (Read 35809 times)
kuroato (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:26:15 PM

does the registration save your data now?
good project, though
congratz, keep going wiht this Smiley

when you finalise it I might keep playing it Cheesy

btw
for some reason I can't run the game, anyone knows why?

No it will Not save your Registration or Data until I have announced that the Game is Officially Ready and out of Development Stage. Technically it may  always be in development to keep on improving it over time, but we should be reaching a state where we can say it's officially complete and playable with most features. Probably in 1-2 Months... But if you follow this thread, you'll be able to watch the game grow and develop within that time as i post new updates and features added.

btw

The Unity web player is only supported on some platforms (Windows and MacOS). If you're running Linux (like I do) you're out of luck.
Apparently the mechanism on the coinrpg site which should detect whether the web player is installed does not work properly.

Onkel Paul

I wonder what you are getting on Linux when you try to load the Page, I think I can probably Build a Linux Download Version of the Game. If your interested to help me test it out on Linux please contact me at kuro@kuroato.com   Thanks.

I run Windows (7, 64bit) and I'v downloaded the player, don't know what's wrong  Undecided

EDIT:
Now it loaded, guess it needed some time to configure Cheesy

I like the game Smiley
Also make a donation page so you have more funds for the prizes Cheesy

Thanks for the Donation Page Idea! Yes that may be helpful, but not sure how many will want to donate their winnings lol!

Love the game so far.

A few things though, when someone trys to register and their email is long. The space doesnt allow a certain amount of length, it gets cut off.

eg: ilovesushi@gmail.com as example.

Thanks for that feedback I will look into that. = )

Will check it out, sounds like it could be fun.

Thanks for Support! = )

I'll keep an eye on this.

Yes, Please do more to come! = )

OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:28:49 PM

btw

The Unity web player is only supported on some platforms (Windows and MacOS). If you're running Linux (like I do) you're out of luck.
Apparently the mechanism on the coinrpg site which should detect whether the web player is installed does not work properly.

Onkel Paul

I wonder what you are getting on Linux when you try to load the Page, I think I can probably Build a Linux Download Version of the Game. If your interested to help me test it out on Linux please contact me at kuro@kuroato.com   Thanks.

What I get when I load the "play" page is not much. From reading the source I see that there should be either a unity3d missing or broken image with the option of installing the player. Neither of these is visible, but I did not try to understand what the UnityObject2 stuff is actually doing there.
Too bad, I have too little time at the moment and must take care that I don't start more spare time projects, so I can't really be of much help there...

Onkel Paul

Deslock Darkstar

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 03:21:19 PM

This looks awesome! I was just talking on a Facebook post about using minor alt coins as treasure that PCs would find in a table-top D&D game ("Ok, Warrior... you open the chest and find....." *DM sends 200 DOGE to the wallet allocated for Warrior*). When I did a Google search for "RPGcoin", this post came up. Watching the thread and I will go try the game out. Good work!

http://christopherleedavis.com · https://www.facebook.com/IllicitUnderground
BTC: 1MeAZefdSQNX3soHUx4iSjAtERvvrxGCVj - LTC: LLpEVtvTZ3g9nqM7CK7EdT6ydAL6RhkRy3
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:38:15 PM

Thanks for the Donation Page Idea! Yes that may be helpful, but not sure how many will want to donate their winnings lol!

well, it doesn't  cost you anything Cheesy

you can also put alt coin adresses to accept donations, someone might have some extra coins he's willing to spare for a website he likes Smiley

Sylon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 12:10:25 AM

Seems funny. I will test it right now.
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 02:20:50 PM

Check out a better Preview of CoinRPG World!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gBKkg3biz0

Also this is now playable! so check it out at: http://coinrpg.com/
Kiki112

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 03:07:48 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2014, 04:03:20 PM by Kiki112

wow
this is much better then before, but I can walk on water Cheesy
and I'm not Jesus Cheesy

btw

did you post this in the Project Development section?

you can get some funds over there Smiley

kuroato (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:58:51 PM

wow
and I'm not Jesus Cheesy

btw

haha, thats just a bug walk on water, that will probably change later.

hmm i never thought of putting this under Project Development, but your probably right. Who is an Admin?
Maybe they can help move this thread over, rather than people thinking im spamming the forum with a new thread
of same project.
FlyForFun

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:14:37 PM

Wow really nice, the server would be full if there is competition so you will need a bigger map..

kuroato (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:23:44 PM

Wow really nice, the server would be full if there is competition so you will need a bigger map..

Thanks Fly! actually for now this Map will do just fine as the World will be limited to about 8 Players Per World, in other words once one Server Instance / World is full of 8 Players, another Server Instance / World can be created.  Players will be able to Fight Monsters for Coins, and Find the Coins in the World without other players being online so the Contest will always be possible without alot of players in Server Instance / World that you join. So it'll be fun either way.  Grin 
Kiki112

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:15:15 PM

wow
and I'm not Jesus Cheesy

btw

haha, thats just a bug walk on water, that will probably change later.

hmm i never thought of putting this under Project Development, but your probably right. Who is an Admin?
Maybe they can help move this thread over, rather than people thinking im spamming the forum with a new thread
of same project.

Yeah, I don't know Cheesy

when you see one, just send him a PM regarding this Smiley

kuroato (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:04:02 PM

Latest Update!

Check out the Early Preview Gameplay footage of CoinRPG! A Bitcoin RPG Game, on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCrYELv9Iig
unite

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:08:37 PM

sounds interesting!
Kiki112

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:28:09 PM

so anything new here?
I see no updates and no one is posting Sad

kuroato (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:07:15 AM

so anything new here?

Hi Kiki, Game Development takes time... adding features to a game is not something you complete overnight or in a week or two...

well maybe some updates can be but probably would be crappy for me to post those updates, so if you want quality, then that takes time.   Wink

just follow the thread and you will be updated when there is something new for sure... still work-in-progress
Kiki112

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:17:42 AM

so anything new here?

Hi Kiki, Game Development takes time... adding features to a game is not something you complete overnight or in a week or two...

well maybe some updates can be but probably would be crappy for me to post those updates, so if you want quality, then that takes time.   Wink

just follow the thread and you will be updated when there is something new for sure... still work-in-progress

okay Smiley

just keep going, we have faith Cheesy

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 09:23:39 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 12:18:30 PM by Lethn

Lots of people have no idea how long it takes to even code a simple RPG like this Cheesy there's a reason games companies don't have one guy coding the whole game but several people on sections of it instead.

p.s. here's the source code for a basic SFML game engine that I'm trying to learn: https://github.com/LaurentGomila/SFML-Game-Development-Book

This is just for an absolutely basic space shooter that has a scrolling screen! Once you start trying to add particle effects and more advanced A.I along with different powerups etc. things become way more complicated, on top of this I also have to make sure I understand basic C++ functions to even have a hope of understanding the SFML library.
Kiki112

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:57:11 PM

I know that it takes long, I was just asking for updates Wink

miketonic

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:01:34 PM

This is an interesting idea  Cheesy
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:09:52 PM

Does this get updated regular or is it just one game and doesn't get any updates?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: