Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:42:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Miners Boycot Ghash.io !  (Read 3957 times)
rammy2k2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:13:13 PM

Move your miners to other pools than ghash.io , or we will go downhill !
Ghash is abt to get 51% of the network!

More details here:
http://bitcoinboard.net/miners-boycot-ghash-io-as-the-pool-approaches-51-of-network-hashrate/
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jakedeez

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:43:56 PM

Why don't we just petition cex.io to split ghah.io into two separate pools?  Would that not solve the problem?
turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 03:16:42 PM

Why don't we just petition cex.io to split ghah.io into two separate pools?  Would that not solve the problem?

What problem would that solve exactly?

kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:25:10 PM

The only way that would solve the problem is if both pools were operated completely independently and didn't take orders from cex.io.
jakedeez

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:52:37 PM

The only way that would solve the problem is if both pools were operated completely independently and didn't take orders from cex.io.

Right - but I don't think we are assuming that cex.io is a bad actor here... In fact, it doesn't seem to be in their best interest to damage the ecosystem.
FeedbackLoop

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:57:45 PM

Right - but I don't think we are assuming that cex.io is a bad actor here... In fact, it doesn't seem to be in their best interest to damage the ecosystem.

...just like one would assume that all the hordes joining ghash.io would know better....

jakedeez

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:02:26 PM

...just like one would assume that all the hordes joining ghash.io would know better....

Fair, but there is a difference between assuming that the miners would know better and that cex.io will act in a way to preserve their own business. 
de_ixie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:27:33 PM

Good call - this is serious

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)
FeedbackLoop

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:43:33 PM

Fair, but there is a difference between assuming that the miners would know better and that cex.io will act in a way to preserve their own business. 

Why lose profit today for potential profit tomorrow?

jakedeez

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:58:38 PM

Because the discount rate is so low?   Wink
turtle83

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 09:15:48 PM

Because they have done it in the past https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327767.0

Even if their claim is legit, that the bad actor was a staff whose been fired... the only way to stop this from hapening is by not putting anyone in a position to be able to make this happen. If your pool gets > 30% switch to another pool before its too late... simple...

turtle83

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 09:46:05 PM

Are there actually significant numbers of private miners there?

Id say yes... I used to mine there until a month or so ago... miners like larger pools cause of lower variance while unknowingly putting the whole network at risk...

its a pool where they run their cloud scam plus a relatively stable pool for private miners... with merged mining (not many pools do that i thinks)

rammy2k2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:45:02 AM

Are there actually significant numbers of private miners there?

I thought it was bitfury's private pool plus the cloud scam operations?

Maybe you should be screaming "Stop buying bitfury hardware or investing in cloud hashing!"

there are tons of miners there, i was one of them too , people joining there because of the zero fees and merged mining. however, eligius offers the same, so i moved there, we have to protect the network
mpattison

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:19:14 AM

I remember the good ole' days where Deepbit was awesome and feasible.

It's really hard to jump pools in this market.
jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:45:00 AM

GHS prices have been going up lately. Maybe cex themselves are trying to regulate it? We all know they have been manipulating the prices. Why the sudden up trend after months of down trend? Difficulty going up, btc price going up, GHS price should be going DOWN, not up. Makes no sense.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:51:26 PM

Bitparking has merged mining and zero fees.  DGM payment method might scare people but payouts are better than any pool I have ever mined and I have mined most of the big ones at one time or another.  What's cool about DGM is even with pool luck variance, if it takes a long time for the pool to find a block, your payout is larger so the variance looks smaller than the pool luck would otherwise make it look.  So even though bitparking is a small pool you wouldn't know it so much from your payouts.  If anyone is looking to leave ghash.io check it out.
sanos51ck

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:04:13 AM

These guys say that a 25% pool is enough for an attack.

Were they proved wrong?
turtle83

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 09:09:33 AM

These guys say that a 25% pool is enough for an attack.

Were they proved wrong?

Those guys assume the 25% pool is extremely lucky during the attack...

Foysal

Activity: 66

Zazzles, cuz, well you know, he's Zazzy...

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 01:14:36 AM

Move your miners to other pools than ghash.io , or we will go downhill !
Ghash is abt to get 51% of the network!

More details here:
http://bitcoinboard.net/miners-boycot-ghash-io-as-the-pool-approaches-51-of-network-hashrate/

I doubt miners are going to move from cexio/ghash for another reason including the 0% pool fee, for me it is the single reason for staying with cexio and that's the equipment being maintained by them, buying equipment is very expensive now and you don't see an ROI for a long time, by which time the difficulty is always increasing.

~Foyz

BTC: 1H8SMAxJE54SRXNZVtThWurc88KQFCeNC5
ETH: 0xe91f113f1d4Cd2910CacA6748c9D4CcD902D9014
Cryptocurrency has opened my eyes. If I've been helpful, you know what to do *points up*
Foysal

Activity: 66

Zazzles, cuz, well you know, he's Zazzy...

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 01:21:31 AM

GHS prices have been going up lately. Maybe cex themselves are trying to regulate it? We all know they have been manipulating the prices. Why the sudden up trend after months of down trend? Difficulty going up, btc price going up, GHS price should be going DOWN, not up. Makes no sense.

Prices on cexio may be manipulated, I don't know about that, don't know anything about its origins...

There is a valid reason why the gig price on cexio is going up in spite of the difficulty increase, and that is simple exchange economics, which has no baring on mining and its difficulty at all.

A commodity, be it the bitcoin itself or the gig being traded, is only worth the maximum someone is willing to pay for it.

~Foyz

BTC: 1H8SMAxJE54SRXNZVtThWurc88KQFCeNC5
ETH: 0xe91f113f1d4Cd2910CacA6748c9D4CcD902D9014
Cryptocurrency has opened my eyes. If I've been helpful, you know what to do *points up*
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: