Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:04:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Miners Boycot Ghash.io !  (Read 3957 times)
darkphantom934

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:57:05 AM

The reason ghash.io is so popular is because it's a damn good pool. I don't even have any GHS on cex.io, but instead of everyone whining about cex.io, let's all make an initiative to match or beat ghash. That's all it takes. I mean, come on, cex has:

-Merged mining (NMC, IXC, DVC)
-0% fee.....
-amazing stats
-very even payouts

It's hard to match.
Foysal

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Zazzles, cuz, well you know, he's Zazzy...

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 02:30:04 AM

The reason ghash.io is so popular is because it's a damn good pool. I don't even have any GHS on cex.io, but instead of everyone whining about cex.io, let's all make an initiative to match or beat ghash. That's all it takes. I mean, come on, cex has:

-0% fee.....
-amazing stats
-very even payouts

It's hard to match.

I agree, someone should create a better pool. The tie in with the GHS trading platform is a stroke of genius though and shouldn't be dismissed, and I would love to see a similar setup either state side or in the UK!!

It's definitely needed!!

~Foyz

BTC: 1H8SMAxJE54SRXNZVtThWurc88KQFCeNC5
ETH: 0xe91f113f1d4Cd2910CacA6748c9D4CcD902D9014
Cryptocurrency has opened my eyes. If I've been helpful, you know what to do *points up*
G K G

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:28:10 AM

Move your miners to other pools than ghash.io , or we will go downhill !
Ghash is abt to get 51% of the network!

More details here:
http://bitcoinboard.net/miners-boycot-ghash-io-as-the-pool-approaches-51-of-network-hashrate/

+1 don't use BTCguild too. try other small pools.I use bitminter

frank754

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:25:39 AM

I've been using the Eclipse Mining Consortium for a while now and have no complaints.
turtle83

Activity: 322

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 06:03:06 AM

for me it is the single reason for staying with cexio and that's the equipment being maintained by them, buying equipment is very expensive now and you don't see an ROI for a long time, by which time the difficulty is always increasing.

Are you saying that if you use equipment maintained by them, the difficulty rise wont affect you?

I dont understand on what basis do people buy GH/s on cex.io. 1 GH/s bought today at cex.io will make a total of ~0.01 BTC in its lifetime (assuming 30% difficulty jumps) and from mid may will actually start costing more in maintenance fee than it would mine.

I have a feeling that they artificially inflate prices to make people think that their GH/s is actually worth something. One day when people get better at math, it'll come crashing down. Hope you aren't still holding your GH/s on that day.

Foysal

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 11:47:28 AM

for me it is the single reason for staying with cexio and that's the equipment being maintained by them, buying equipment is very expensive now and you don't see an ROI for a long time, by which time the difficulty is always increasing.

Are you saying that if you use equipment maintained by them, the difficulty rise wont affect you?

I dont understand on what basis do people buy GH/s on cex.io. 1 GH/s bought today at cex.io will make a total of ~0.01 BTC in its lifetime (assuming 30% difficulty jumps) and from mid may will actually start costing more in maintenance fee than it would mine.

I have a feeling that they artificially inflate prices to make people think that their GH/s is actually worth something. One day when people get better at math, it'll come crashing down. Hope you aren't still holding your GH/s on that day.

First of all, it depends in what way you take to profit using cexio\ghashio - I get the feeling a lot of people don't quite understand the concept.

There are 3 ways you do this.

1. Buy gig and sell gig, just as you would buy and sell coins on an exchange.
2. Buy gig and use that to mine.
3. Do both

With number 1. the price is determined by what someone is willing to pay for a gig, exactly the same as what influences the price of a bitcoin. It has nothing to do with mining or difficulty.

I am already ahead of my initial outlay, and I've only been doing this for 2 months now, but since this whole experience moves ever so fast, I am keeping a close eye on the profit drop per block on a daily basis.

~Foyz

Cryptocurrency has opened my eyes. If I've been helpful, you know what to do *points up*
hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:09:00 PM

-0% fee.....
-amazing stats
-very even payouts

It's hard to match.

Lets just assume they won't do 51% attack, problem solved Smiley

Foysal

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 02:22:50 PM

-0% fee.....
-amazing stats
-very even payouts

It's hard to match.

Sound like a plan?

https://ghash.io/ghashio_press_release.pdf

rammy2k2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:10:11 AM

-0% fee.....
-amazing stats
-very even payouts

It's hard to match.

Sound like a plan?

i wouldnt just sleep on that ...
Foysal

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 12:14:07 PM

-0% fee.....
-amazing stats
-very even payouts

It's hard to match.

Sound like a plan?

i wouldnt just sleep on that ...

Like I said, the reason people stay there is because it is quite convenient and as someone else pointed out, 0 fees.

I don't intend to sleep on it, as it would be silly to just take someones word for it, so I plan to move on if it doesn't fit my end goal anymore.

It's all well and good asking people to move from there. How about setting up a similar pool and exchange platform in direct competition, I'd be more than happy to help set it up? I have a web hosting company based in the UK and software development studio at my disposal.

With the success of cex.io it wouldn't be hard to get miners on board.

~Foyz

PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:22:32 PM

Wow! Where did this come from?
https://blockchain.info/pools?timespan=24hrs
Stopped mining btc a long time ago, when slush was like 20 to 30% of the pie.

Why the sudden growth?

EDIT: 0 fees? like - even no withdraw fees?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
Foysal

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 03:07:45 PM

Wow! Where did this come from?
https://blockchain.info/pools?timespan=24hrs
Stopped mining btc a long time ago, when slush was like 20 to 30% of the pie.

Why the sudden growth?

EDIT: 0 fees? like - even no withdraw fees?

No, there is always a withdraw fee, that's the bitcoin network, not cex.io

The 0% fees is that they do not take percentage fee for you mining at their pool like other pools do, they do charge a very very small amount like 0.00000700 per block for upkeep though.

~Foyz

wwwin

Activity: 447

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:51:54 AM

Why don't we just petition cex.io to split ghah.io into two separate pools?  Would that not solve the problem?

There no problem, 55% of what is reported as Ghash.io is not their hardware, but individual miners pointing their hardware to ghash. So they only have about 17% hashing power
wwwin

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:00:44 AM

For the same reason that people buy antminers etc etc is about the same amount per GHS
turtle83

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 08:13:19 AM

Why don't we just petition cex.io to split ghah.io into two separate pools?  Would that not solve the problem?

There no problem, 55% of what is reported as Ghash.io is not their hardware, but individual miners pointing their hardware to ghash. So they only have about 17% hashing power

Does not matter whose hardware provides the hash. The problem is that a single entity controls the hashrate. By mining at a pool, the pool operator controls the hashrate. The miners would mine whatever work the pool sends them to.

turtle83

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 08:16:15 AM

For the same reason that people buy antminers etc etc is about the same amount per GHS

Are you telling me 0.012 is "about the same amount" as 0.046 ?

In fact even the current antminer price is also way expensive in ROI terms...

sanos51ck

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:58:35 AM

Who believes in ROI?

Mining must be seen as an hobby unless btc prices skyrocket...

It's a smart move.

You don't kill a cash cow.
wwwin

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:52:12 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 03:24:17 AM by wwwin

Are you telling me 0.012 is "about the same amount" as 0.046 ?

You can't compare the price of ghs per ghs of Antminer S1 180 ghs machine to the price you pay to buy a single ghs unit. You got it all wrong. If you want to compare 1 ghs to antminer you have to compare it to the Antminer U1 1.6 ghs USB stick, not to a 180 ghs machine. CEX is not for people that want to buy 200 ghs, unless you are great at trading, it's for people that want to buy a few from them without the hassle of equipment, software, reselling a physical product that its almost worthless in 3 months, etc. etc. It is also for people to point their miners at ghash..
and if you are smart, you can actually mine for free at cex...the price has not moved much in 3 weeks...that is 3 weeks of free mining as in Zero cost.
 Cheesy
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 11:34:50 AM

With the coming multi-million dollar Bitcoin mines, there will be a big offset soon enough.

krampus

Activity: 98

Village Idiot

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:16:41 PM

You can't compare the price of ghs per ghs of Antminer S1 180 ghs machine to the price you pay to buy a single ghs unit. You got it all wrong. If you want to compare 1 ghs to antminer you have to compare it to the Antminer U1 1.6 ghs USB stick, not to a 180 ghs machine. CEX is not for people that want to buy 200 ghs, unless you are great at trading, it's for people that want to buy a few from them without the hassle of equipment, software, reselling a physical product that its almost worthless in 3 months retarded greedbags who can't do math and don't mind losing BTC in an epic scam, etc. etc. It is also for people to point their miners at ghash..
and if you are smart, you can actually mine for free at cex...the price has not moved much in 3 weeks...that is 3 weeks of free mining as in Zero cost.

Fixed that for you.

I pledge never to use this space for sleazy referrals, gambling spam, or to beg for handouts.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: