Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:10:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Verus (VRSC) - zk-SNARK privacy, CPU-mining, 50/50 POW/POS, fair launch  (Read 48958 times)
VerusCoin (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:38:45 PM

Can't find block in more than 24 hours.
My hashrate is ~6000000.

One of my machines is 2.2 MH/s, so a third of yours, and I've gotten 1 block on that in 4 days. My wife has gotten zero on her notebook with 800KH/s in 4 days, but I'm suggesting to my family to mine. These current blocks are much bigger than they will be in the coming years, and the opening time is pseudo-random, so you can even get lucky on that.
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:40:49 PM

Any chance the SSL on the block explorer could be fixed?

Yes. We will fix that soon. Just working on the post-launch update and then will focus on that. I believe someone may roll off of their work on launch today and have a little time to look. Thanks.
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:50:49 PM

Hi,

this morning two lines appeared in my wallet transactions list, but they're still immature after more than 700 confirmations. Destination adresses don't seem to be mine, and the addresses have a different format, beginning with letter "b". What are them?

I'm having the same problem.

https://imgur.com/a/N5isvCz

I think it's because all these 'b' transcation was locked, for details, read some reply above, and you will see why, it's not a mistake or bug

Sorry I missed that in the first post - thanks for clarifying!

Quoting portion of OP's post here for others to reference as well:

Reward:           1 week smooth linear ramp from 0 to 384, then halving every month (43,200 blks)
                        for the following 5 months and every 2 years thereafter. All rewards over 192 Verus
                        are time locked to mature at a random block between 129,600 and 1,181,520

OK! So, the number next to immature must be the block that line will be released to the wallet.

So all coins that we will get for POW mining will be locked?
What's the point of mining if I can't use my coins 2 years?

kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:19:50 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2018, 08:30:47 AM by kaicrypzen

Could be three months if you are lucky Cheesy, but yeah, that could qualify as a valid concern. Also, if I understand correctly, since they won't be spendable, they won't be available for staking, will they?

BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:26:17 PM

[/quote]

I just found one block and kind of like the idea of need to hold it for a long time. It's a feature to keep people from dumping into the market for sure.

Just keep mining and hold it.
miketout

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 10:45:43 PM

Hi,

this morning two lines appeared in my wallet transactions list, but they're still immature after more than 700 confirmations. Destination adresses don't seem to be mine, and the addresses have a different format, beginning with letter "b". What are them?

https://i.imgur.com/60p8FPz.png

I think it's because all these 'b' transcation was locked, for details, read some reply above, and you will see why, it's not a mistake or bug

Reward:           1 week smooth linear ramp from 0 to 384, then halving every month (43,200 blks)
                        for the following 5 months and every 2 years thereafter. All rewards over 192 Verus

OK! So, the number next to immature must be the block that line will be released to the wallet.

It won't be to get rich quick for any of us, but the blocks right now are time locked because they are so large. I'm not worried about the time locks, and I have to deal with them the same as you. With them, early participants will be rewarded for participating, but there will never be a flood of supply that overruns the potential for miners or stakers to reap rewards from their immediate work. The time locks now are in exchange for the larger, early rewards. You can also wait until rewards are 96 coins per block, and there won't be time locks at that time. You also might get lucky and get one that opens in 3 months.
aknataga

Activity: 387
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:08:45 AM

My hashrate is ~6000000.

One of my machines is 2.2 MH/s, so a third of yours, and I've gotten 1 block on that in 4 days. My wife has gotten zero on her notebook with 800KH/s in 4 days, but I'm suggesting to my family to mine. These current blocks are much bigger than they will be in the coming years, and the opening time is pseudo-random, so you can even get lucky on that.

Where can i check my hashrate?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:12:15 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2018, 07:39:01 AM by VerusCoin

My hashrate is ~6000000.

Where can i check my hashrate?

Go to the same place </> CLI in settings in the wallet as you did for setgenerate, select VRSC native, and on the next line, enter "getmininginfo", then press execute. localhashps is the number for your hashrate.
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:50:42 AM

Any update on when you will fix the https://veruscoin.io and  https://explorer.veruscoin.io server's certification?
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:56:02 AM

Yes after the failure the funds are still visible in the z-address, I only shielded my mined funds to the z-address.

Did you leave room for the fee by subtracting 0.0001 from the total, or send much less than the amount?

Tested it with all possible amounts, even with only 1 VRSC it shows this error message.

Can you try the following:
1. Close the wallet software
2. Backup your wallet - on Windows, it is in \Users\<username>\AppData\Komodo\VRSC\ as a file named wallet.dat, on linux ~/.komodo/VRSC/ .
3. Delete everything in that VRSC directory, except VRSC.conf and wallet.dat (it should be fine, just good to backup before deleting anything in that directory)
4. Reload the wallet and wait until sync
5. Confirm your balances

It's likely that will solve the problem, and if so, you had some corruption in your local chain state.

I have done the needed steps but I can not send even 1 VRSC, screenshot: https://snag.gy/eYXw2V.jpg

Please help

Anybody? Verus? Btw i can transfer funds beteeen z addresses but cant transfer to transparent one

Hi,
I may know what the problem is and if so, there is a fix in the coming wallet. Do you only have money in z-addresses and not t? If so, that will be fixed shortly. I will PM you with something to try.

Thx for your reply. Yes, only on z addresses now. Thanks!

Hi, I can't PM you. We have intermediate builds that are likely to fix the issue, but they are not considered released. You can try one from my google drive:

I hope this helps.

Thanks! It's work!

I've deleted these links above. Please do so in your post as well, so no one continues to use these. This was an intermediate build, and it will fork at block 10080. We will release a critical update tomorrow, and you should replace this one with that. It also has all of these improvements in it, but will wait until Tuesday to activate it's fixes, so people have time. I will announce shortly.
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:11:27 AM
Last edit: May 27, 2018, 10:01:20 PM by VerusCoin

IMPORTANT: CRITICAL WALLET UPDATE PLANNED FOR SUNDAY -- ACTIVATION TUESDAY
We are releasing a critical wallet update with issues fixed that we learned about from launch. We will post more details and the release later today, but this is a critical update, and if you do not update before Tuesday, your wallet will lose connection with the main Verus chain.
sLEl

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:19:43 AM

I have a question about staking: I have VRSC in a transparent wallet (sent to Private address then sent to a transparent one) but It's not increasing. It's about ~20 hours from now. Can somebody explain how does the staking exactly work? Thank you in advance!
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:40:15 AM

Hi,

It won't be to get rich quick for any of us, but the blocks right now are time locked because they are so large. I'm not worried about the time locks, and I have to deal with them the same as you. With them, early participants will be rewarded for participating, but there will never be a flood of supply that overruns the potential for miners or stakers to reap rewards from their immediate work. The time locks now are in exchange for the larger, early rewards. You can also wait until rewards are 96 coins per block, and there won't be time locks at that time. You also might get lucky and get one that opens in 3 months.
So how the new coins will appear in the network now if all of them will be locked for 3 month - 2 years?
elvinsophus

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:14:23 PM

Will immature coins go to my wallet after they're unlocked? How do I know which wallet they'll go to?
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:39:45 PM

Will immature coins go to my wallet after they're unlocked? How do I know which wallet they'll go to?

The coins you mine now will become mature at the indicated block like any other coins, and they will go to whatever address you send them to, first z, then t. You have control over those coins when they become mature, no one else. Just don't lose your wallet.dat file Smiley
sLEl

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:45:15 PM

I have a question about staking: I have VRSC in a transparent wallet (sent to Private address then sent to a transparent one) but It's not increasing. It's about ~20 hours from now. Can somebody explain how does the staking exactly work? Thank you in advance!

Anybody, please explain, thanks!
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 07:12:05 PM

Anybody, please explain, thanks!

Staking is like mining. You get a block and process it for the network, or you don't. If you have coins and are mining (or even have "setgenerate true 0"), you are staking. If you get a block, it will be all at once, and it may take some time.
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:10:03 PM

Any update on when you will fix the https://veruscoin.io and  https://explorer.veruscoin.io server's certification?

As soon as we get through this critical update and it's tested and released, we will look at that and get a target time. I don't believe it will take long, but right now, we really have to finish this update. We opted to have that cert rather than none, and that site takes no data about visitors. We realized it would be a pain at first, but we made the decision to respect everyone's privacy. We will fix it asap as soon as we finish this. I appreciate your continued reminder Smiley Really.
jackbtc1

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 04:08:54 AM

Another successful trade made in the discord channel, price was 9$ for 1 VRSC coin.
tortellino

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:13:44 AM

i would sell 144 VRSC (matured and transferable) for a price of $8 each. Payments just in BTC, LTC, ETH or DOGE to current exchange rate. If anybody is interested please PM me with the suggestion how to exchange coins.

▄█████████████████▄▄▄
███████████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████  ▄▄▄▄
█████              ▀█████████▀
█████                ██████▀
█████             ▄██████▀
█████         ▄▄██████▓▀   
█████      ▄▄███████▀   ▄▓██
█████   ▄▄███████▓▀   ▄▓████
█████▄█████████▀   ▄▓██████▌
████████████▓▀   ▄▓████████
██████████▀   ▄▓██████████
████████▀   ▄███████████▀
 ▀███▓▀   ▄▓███████▀▀▀┘
.DEVAULT.     
  ●   

.COMMUNITYE
.GOVERNANCE.
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
  .ICOEE
PREMINE
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: