Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:13:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Verus (VRSC) - zk-SNARK privacy, CPU-mining, 50/50 POW/POS, fair launch  (Read 48716 times)
VerusCoin (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:21:45 PM

as of now is this CPU only?

Not only is it CPU-only, we just enhanced the hashing about a week ago to be, by far, the fastest CPU-mineable algorithm in the world. Many CPUs get over 100 MH/s. There is a 1 BTC bounty out for anyone who can beat CPUs using a GPU, and we are talking to people working on a GPU miner. So far, the GPU miner in progress that we know of isn't yet close to CPU performance, but it isn't finished. Indications are that if they do get close to CPUs, or by some unexpected optimization leap, beat them, they will not be so fast as to prevent CPU mining. The effort is open, so the community will be able to see as well.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Young Alyssa

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:36:46 PM

Looks very absorbing. Riveting website, unprejudiced activity!  Good luck guys!
lilaj4de

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 12:11:37 AM

Will mining be possible by installing the wallet? If I want to mining with AMD GPU or NVidia it will not be possible? For my doubt and referring to this line posted in ANN:

Mining instructions:
     Install and run the Verus-enhanced Agama wallet with mining support
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:32:02 AM

Will mining be possible by installing the wallet? If I want to mining with AMD GPU or NVidia it will not be possible? For my doubt and referring to this line posted in ANN:

Mining instructions:

The wallet has CPU mining built in, which is currently the fastest, and in fact only way to mine. There is a bounty offered and work being done on a GPU miner, but so far, it looks like when it is done that it may not be too competitive with CPUs. Some CPUs are getting over 500 MH/s, and we have yet to see any GPU getting even 100 MH/s on test hashing.
mk111

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 06:32:07 AM

768 Immature VRSC for sale @2USD per 1VRSC.
DM me.
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:13:39 AM

DM me.

This is not against mk111. I don't know who he/she is or anything negative or positive about them. I would like us to have a safe community, and we don't recommend buying or accepting immature coins unless you REALLY know and trust the seller.

I would want anyone who would buy immature coins to realize that in doing so, the only current way to "transfer" ownership is not through a block chain transaction, but an off-chain agreement with the risk that the seller keeps a copy of the private key for later use. When the coins become mature, which may be months or over a year in the future, is when a buyer may discover that they did not have the only copy of the key, because that is when the coins can be spent or transferred by the first person with that key who does so.
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:00:48 AM

Mining instructions:

The wallet has CPU mining built in, which is currently the fastest, and in fact only way to mine. There is a bounty offered and work being done on a GPU miner, but so far, it looks like when it is done that it may not be too competitive with CPUs. Some CPUs are getting over 500 MH/s, and we have yet to see any GPU getting even 100 MH/s on test hashing.

It would be nice to have a standalone CPU miner also, I'm guessing some people might already be working on that and also on optimization.
mk111

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:56:01 AM

DM me.

This is not against mk111. I don't know who he/she is or anything negative or positive about them. I would like us to have a safe community, and we don't recommend buying or accepting immature coins unless you REALLY know and trust the seller.

I would want anyone who would buy immature coins to realize that in doing so, the only current way to "transfer" ownership is not through a block chain transaction, but an off-chain agreement with the risk that the seller keeps a copy of the private key for later use. When the coins become mature, which may be months or over a year in the future, is when a buyer may discover that they did not have the only copy of the key, because that is when the coins can be spent or transferred by the first person with that key who does so.

I agree with you to always be careful and only to do this kind of sale when you trust the other person.
My VRSC is still up for sale if someone is interested.
Gema

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:05:36 AM

I want to buy my first Veruscoins. Is someone here who wants to sell for a fair price?

Buy on https://digitalprice.io/order?url=vrsc-btc
bishopcrypto

Activity: 139
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 12:55:14 PM

Interesting, innovative project. What's the staking rate?

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️FULLYREKT.COM☀️
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:16:42 AM
Last edit: July 10, 2018, 07:33:40 AM by VerusCoin

Interesting, innovative project. What's the staking rate?

50% PoW, 50% PoS.

Right now, there are about 485,000 max available coins. The rest are time locked. There are about 720 staked blocks a day, and staking probability is proportional to the number of coins being actively staked on the network relative to your amount of stake. Still large coinbases without time locks (96 VRSC / block) will be emitted in about 19 days.
Railrain

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:17:09 AM

Hi, VerusCoin team!
I hope for a little improvement.
After receiving the PoW reward, I did not find this address in the output of the "Wallet.dat keys" tab. Save "WIF" is possible only through "</> CLI" dumpprivkey.
I believe many miners will be strained by this situation ...
Best Regards!
miketout

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:42:58 PM

Hi, VerusCoin team!
I hope for a little improvement.
After receiving the PoW reward, I did not find this address in the output of the "Wallet.dat keys" tab. Save "WIF" is possible only through "</> CLI" dumpprivkey.
I believe many miners will be strained by this situation ...
Best Regards!

This is default mining behavior on the wallet for all coins, not just Verus. We haven't changed it, but we will look at improving it going forward in a later version. Thank you for the feedback, and I am glad you did get it solved. There is a bounty on the discord for explanations of these kinds of things in the #faq-draft channel, if it hasn't already been posted there.
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:01:58 AM

Agame wallet says ; CLI response:
Error reading configuration file: Missing komodo.conf

A file is missing.. maybe waiting till wallet is synced in native mode?

Hi, that message should not come from trying to use the Verus wallet from veruscoin.io, or if it does, indicates that an incorrect selection may have been made in choosing the coin to activate. We don’t use komodo.conf. I’m going to be offload be for a while, but there are a lot of other helpful community members that should be able to help before I’m back on the discord in the #community-support channel.
Anonimasu13

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:32:10 PM

installed the new 0.3.9 agama wallet and my hashrate exploded from 3.1 MH/s to 170 MH/s Shocked Shocked Shocked Was there a change in the algorithm itsself that i now have a 55x improved hashrate?

Thanks. I have 656 MH/S.
Which processor are you using?

I am using AMD Ryzen 1950x 16-core. It's still ok to use it for mining VRSC at the moment. As difficulty consistent going up soon it will be obsolete.

I don't know that it will become obsolete anytime soon. Right now, there is work ongoing on a GPU miner, and the last I heard, GPUs are looking like they are likely to be competitive with CPUs, but probably not better when comparing similar cost/power usage.

I have been mining for 6days at 200mh/s and haven't received a single coin.... so I'd say it's probably already obsolete... :/ or people GPU mining and you just dont know yet... not a single coin!
Anonimasu13

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:08:57 PM

installed the new 0.3.9 agama wallet and my hashrate exploded from 3.1 MH/s to 170 MH/s Shocked Shocked Shocked Was there a change in the algorithm itsself that i now have a 55x improved hashrate?

Thanks. I have 656 MH/S.
Which processor are you using?

I am using AMD Ryzen 1950x 16-core. It's still ok to use it for mining VRSC at the moment. As difficulty consistent going up soon it will be obsolete.

I don't know that it will become obsolete anytime soon. Right now, there is work ongoing on a GPU miner, and the last I heard, GPUs are looking like they are likely to be competitive with CPUs, but probably not better when comparing similar cost/power usage.

I have been mining for 6days at 200mh/s and haven't received a single coin.... so I'd say it's probably already obsolete... :/ or people GPU mining and you just dont know yet... not a single coin!

Nevermind. FOUND THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS COIN IN EARLIER POSTS AFTER GOIN BACK AND ACTUALLY READIN THROUGH.

**PREMINED SCAM COIN DO NOT BUY OR MINE!!!!****

SSHADDDY

IF YOU BELIEVE THAT STORY ABOUT LOST KEYS UR A FOOL!!
Anonimasu13

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:10:31 PM

How is a "fair" launch??? Please EXPLAIN YOUR idea of "fair". You launched with 0 notice to the public while you had hundreds of thousands of dollars of mining equipment powered up right away... when you realized how quick hash power went up from public and you only had "100 000" coins (which is a fucking lie we know it's much more)... so then you hardfork and double your shit.. so you can "afford to fund a fair project" while continuing to run a centralized mining op on YOUR OWN FAIR LAUNCH? 

** SCAM PREMINED SHADY BULLSHIT ENJOY!!

After a couple weeks you realized hundreds of thousands of dollars couldnt mine coins fairly... so you made a change to benefit yourselves the centralized creators of this coins while making zero changes to help the public who you knew were spending 1000s to get no coins because you guys owned such a large chunk of the hash size due to the FAIR WAY u launched using 100s of thousands of $$ to give people without thousands a fair chance to mine right??? BULLLLSHITTTT
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:06:07 AM

How is a "fair" launch??? Please EXPLAIN YOUR idea of "fair". You launched with 0 notice to the public while you had hundreds of thousands of dollars of mining equipment powered up right away... when you realized how quick hash power went up from public and you only had "100 000" coins (which is a fucking lie we know it's much more)... so then you hardfork and double your shit.. so you can "afford to fund a fair project" while continuing to run a centralized mining op on YOUR OWN FAIR LAUNCH?  

** SCAM PREMINED SHADY BULLSHIT ENJOY!!

After a couple weeks you realized hundreds of thousands of dollars couldnt mine coins fairly... so you made a change to benefit yourselves the centralized creators of this coins while making zero changes to help the public who you knew were spending 1000s to get no coins because you guys owned such a large chunk of the hash size due to the FAIR WAY u launched using 100s of thousands of $$ to give people without thousands a fair chance to mine right??? BULLLLSHITTTT

Totally false accusation. Big red letters don't change that you are slandering us with false accusations. If you make such a claim, back it up please. You won't be able to because you're falsely accusing, and ALL the people who aren't us and mined from the beginning know quite well. Are you trying to buy coins cheaply, or is this some form of competition feeling threatened?

It's really not too hard to calculate the cost of early mining based on the hashrate, and though you clearly didn't do any math to figure that out, even if we had such funds and used them, which we didn't, your claim that it was unfair would be about us spending a lot of money to mine coins that we released with 15 minutes notice and a slow start for everyone to mine together?Huh Really?Huh
aknataga

Activity: 387
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:10:43 AM
Merited by VerusCoin (1)

Mining works fine. I find blocks every day or every 2 days, on all my PCs.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Anonimasu13

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:07:49 PM

Only people defending this coin are the bag holders and those who started mining it at start and also had their coins dumped for free. Just another scam coin. If you try and defend a developer who says " we didnt anticipate for our 100s of thousands of $$ of servers to be useless mining so fast.. so were forking to dupe our coins. In order to not lose support you will also all have yot coins duped, congrats on your scam shit.
Most coins scams. Look at bitcoin cash..
 Revealed Wth Proof today 98% centralized....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: