Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:57:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Verus (VRSC) - zk-SNARK privacy, CPU-mining, 50/50 POW/POS, fair launch  (Read 48716 times)
toogoody

Activity: 588
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 08:06:54 PM

List of Verus mining pools with live stats & hashrate distribution

https://miningpoolstats.stream/veruscoin
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VerusCoin (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:09:49 PM

List of Verus mining pools with live stats & hashrate distribution

https://miningpoolstats.stream/veruscoin

Nice! Thanks!

Not sure if you're affiliated, but it seems to be missing: http://vrsc.jeepool.com/
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:41:41 AM

Morning! Just to be sure, I should ask:
can I keep using Komodo Agama wallet or rather the seed and wifkey for my VERUSCOIN exported with Agama?
the reason why I ask is that Ihave not quite yet understood whether VERUS is a full Komodo clone that will at some point diverge from Komodo or whether it will remain in the same scope of keyspaces... 
and how does the wallet on VRS website:
Agama-linux-x64-v0.4.0a.tar.gz
relate to Agama 43c?
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 10:26:59 AM

Morning! Just to be sure, I should ask:
can I keep using Komodo Agama wallet or rather the seed and wifkey for my VERUSCOIN exported with Agama?
the reason why I ask is that Ihave not quite yet understood whether VERUS is a full Komodo clone that will at some point diverge from Komodo or whether it will remain in the same scope of keyspaces... 
and how does the wallet on VRS website:
Agama-linux-x64-v0.4.0a.tar.gz
relate to Agama 43c?

You can still use the same seed and WIF key for both wallets and all Komodo family coins. Verus is not really a clone as much as a friendly fork with its own technology and features. At the same time, we intend to remain compatible with Komodo as an ecosystem coin, meaning we intend to remain compatible with formats and share technologies. Sapling keys, for example are not supported yet in Komodo, but when they are, they will be compatible, as we will work with Komodo to integrate compatible changes. We have our own work on Verus Enhanced Agama, and though we expect a lot of our changes to be picked up by Komodo's Agama, they are also making changes, so there is not 100% overlap. We do pick up changes from them and vice versa. We will either converge changes more regularly or rebrand our version of the GUI wallet at some point with attribution. Until then, you should consider them generally compatible with feature differences, and you will need the Verus enhanced wallet to run Verus.

We are working on a Verus Branded, React Native mobile wallet as well, which will also be compatible with the same seeds and WIF keys. Until that is released, we recommend using the Agama or Pungo wallet on mobile.
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:40:56 AM
Merited by Roman_P (1)

Sapling activates at block 227520 - Pre-Sapling activation version, including Stake Guard, Cheat Catcher, and better Multi-coin support in Agama, including Bitcoin, Litecoin, Zcash, and Dash by default, as well as most Komodo ecosystem coins. We were not able to get Pirate support into this release, but we will be sure to add support for it in in the Verus enhanced Agama in coming updates.

In addition to basic Sapling support, included in all versions from 0.4.0 on, the 0.4.0c GUI includes support for Sapling compatible, lite mode transactions. 0x03.services, has deployed our updated Electrum servers with Sapling support, as well as helped ensure that all know Verus Pools are ready for the transition, so this update includes ecosystem rollouts for seamless support of lite mode wallets and mining through the transition. For lite mode usage on the Verus Coin or Zcash networks, you will need this version of the wallet.
In addition to Sapling and support for Stake Guard transactions, 0.4.0c also includes a powerful “Cheat Catcher” that can earn you extra Verus by catching cheaters, whenever you are mining or staking. This “Cheat Catcher” identifies stakers who are claiming rewards on more than one version of the blockchain with the same coins, and once found, allows the miner or staker who caught the cheater to spend the cheater’s actual reward if they have won one with that approach. This also means YOU SHOULD NOT STAKE ON THE SAME WALLET WITH MULTIPLE COMPUTERS UNLESS YOU ARE SURE THEY WILL REMAIN COMPLETELY IN SYNC. The new “Cheat Catcher” support requires a Sapling z-address, either passed in to the CLI wallet with the “-cheatcatcher=zaddress” option, or added in the Settings->App config of the enhanced Agama GUI.
Once your cheat catcher address has been set, your full node wallet that is mining OR staking, will also be looking for any forks where the same winning coins may be posted on different forks, signed by the same private key. If you discover such a fork, your wallet will hold the cryptographic proof, and when the coinbase for that staking transaction becomes mature, your wallet will create a transaction with the evidence and use Stake Guard to spend that coinbase to your Sapling address, before the cheater has a chance to spend it.
That means that while staking or mining, anyone who has a Sapling cheat catcher address set, may periodically find an additional shielded coinbase or two in their cheat catching address. Earning cheat catching rewards does not new create coins, but actually takes them from cheaters, so DON’T CHEAT :smiley: ! Earning a cheat catching reward can also occur whether or not you earn a block reward and is available equally across the network to all miners and stakers, not weighted by staking or mining power, but more dependent on who actually sees the fork with cheating on it.
*Version 0.4.0c also fixes the following issues reported in prior versions:
*Some non-Latin usernames cause failure to load
*Wallet balance can get out of sync with blockchain when staking - IF YOUR WALLET IS OUT OF SYNC, YOU CAN RESCAN TO FIX THE PROBLEM.
    For CLI:
        simply add the parameter “-rescan” when starting the daemon.
    For GUI:
        close, wait for the GUI to close, then restart the GUI
        when restarting, select “Activate Coin”, not a dropdown shortcut
        on the “Activate Coin” screen, select “Verus” and select “Native mode”
        choose the “daemon param: rescan” option
        click “Activate Coin”
As usual, all releases are available on the website: https://veruscoin.io/
You can get also get source code from the Verus Coin github at: https://github.com/veruscoin
super55

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 02:37:12 AM

After i installed the new wallet 0.4.0c, when i click "setting" in the new wallet it goes blank.
There nothing in the "setting" when i click it, it just empty blank, it that normal?

By the way, i'm on Windows 10

VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 02:55:54 AM

After i installed the new wallet 0.4.0c, when i click "setting" in the new wallet it goes blank.
There nothing in the "setting" when i click it, it just empty blank, it that normal?

Please try:
1. Close Agama
2. Delete %AppData%\Roaming\Agama\*.* (only the contents of that folder)
3. Restart Agama

super55

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:25:09 AM

Please try:
1. Close Agama
2. Delete %AppData%\Roaming\Agama\*.* (only the contents of that folder)
3. Restart Agama

Thank you, it work  Grin

VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:16:03 AM

All systems are active and online!
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:55:33 PM

How to backup wallet in Agama app? Is it enough to store only wallet.dat file somewhere? Or there should be also seed or something like that?
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 07:10:03 PM

How to backup wallet in Agama app? Is it enough to store only wallet.dat file somewhere? Or there should be also seed or something like that?

Storing the wallet.dat somewhere is the best way. The HD seed only applies to Sapling addresses, so you'll want to save the whole wallet.
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:38:02 PM

You can now trade VRSC on STEX.com at https://app.stex.com/en/trade/pair/BTC/VRSC/1D!

Details on the STEX.com listing here: https://medium.com/@EthAdvisor/b8738c755a5e
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:54:17 AM

The release we've been waiting for is here  Smiley Version 0.4.0f addresses all known issues with easy shielding of coinbases to any z-address, including Sapling, adds logic to handle staking during forks or reorgs more effectively, has a much nicer transaction display that shows stake transactions in a much more aesthetically pleasing way (thanks @michaeltoutjr !), enables setting your own maximum transparent and private transaction limits in Agama App config (careful, it can slow down to the point of being unusable with over a couple thousand). With this version, we hope and believe that we will all enjoy mining, staking, and catching cheaters on the Verus Coin Network more than with any previous release.
As mentioned before, this newer Verus Enhanced Agama wallet now also supports lite mode Bitcoin, Zcash (with Sapling), Litecoin, and Dash, as well as Komodo and most Komodo family coins by default as well. We have not yet integrated support for Pirate, which we intend to do in an upcoming version.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this release and the Sapling transition smooth for the network and community! Whether you were testing, sometimes through the night, helping people in the community, which let the devs focus more on development when necessary, making connections to exchanges or the media, voting for Verus online, working on writing, design, spreading the word, developing, or testing by using Verus Coin, we appreciate everyone who helped make this release what it is. Other developers and I could not have done it without you!
As usual, the latest builds of CLI and GUI are available from the website or our github repositories:
https://veruscoin.io/
https://github.com/veruscoin
mk111

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:03:33 PM

The release we've been waiting for is here  Smiley Version 0.4.0f addresses all known issues with easy shielding of coinbases to any z-address, including Sapling, adds logic to handle staking during forks or reorgs more effectively, has a much nicer transaction display that shows stake transactions in a much more aesthetically pleasing way (thanks @michaeltoutjr !), enables setting your own maximum transparent and private transaction limits in Agama App config (careful, it can slow down to the point of being unusable with over a couple thousand). With this version, we hope and believe that we will all enjoy mining, staking, and catching cheaters on the Verus Coin Network more than with any previous release.
As mentioned before, this newer Verus Enhanced Agama wallet now also supports lite mode Bitcoin, Zcash (with Sapling), Litecoin, and Dash, as well as Komodo and most Komodo family coins by default as well. We have not yet integrated support for Pirate, which we intend to do in an upcoming version.
Thanks to everyone who helped make this release and the Sapling transition smooth for the network and community! Whether you were testing, sometimes through the night, helping people in the community, which let the devs focus more on development when necessary, making connections to exchanges or the media, voting for Verus online, working on writing, design, spreading the word, developing, or testing by using Verus Coin, we appreciate everyone who helped make this release what it is. Other developers and I could not have done it without you!
As usual, the latest builds of CLI and GUI are available from the website or our github repositories:
https://veruscoin.io/
https://github.com/veruscoin

Great update guys!
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2018, 02:39:58 AM

Thanks for the feedback Smiley
Deepiefface10

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 05:14:26 PM

When will it be listed on cryptopia.co.nz?

█ BSHA3 █
Bitcoin Codebase Using SHA3-256 Algorithm
▬▬ The first sha3d crypto ▬▬
https://bsha3.com
Deepiefface10

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 12:11:35 AM

This VRSC wallet download that Z-cashParams is too big to have 1.57G, and synchronization is too slow, 12 hours to synchronize 0.058%, and only four nodes, dev, what else can synchronize faster?

█ BSHA3 █
Bitcoin Codebase Using SHA3-256 Algorithm
▬▬ The first sha3d crypto ▬▬
https://bsha3.com
tedngls

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2018, 02:09:36 AM

https://bootstrap.0x03.services/veruscoin/VRSC.html
you can download this to syn
kroshedu

Activity: 72
Merit: 4

user

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:18:10 PM

Hey. I wanted to try Staking. I uploaded Agama Wallet from site veruscoin.io

I chose Native Mode. I synchronized the blockchain.
100% | 247711 / 247711 | Connections: 4

I put about 1100 VRSC on my wallet.

It all works on Amazon VPS.

Mining Status:   False
Staking Status:  True

After 24 hours of operation, the balance of the wallet has not changed.

What am I doing wrong???

ขอเลียเธอได้ไหม: 谁不会放弃利润
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 08:01:35 PM

this trades on Stex right?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: