Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:14:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICN] iCoin - On Swisscex, C-Cex, Bittrex exchange  (Read 162052 times)
stevenb

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:03:23 AM

Sihgle: stop begging for the coin you don't have. Only you mining on wrong blockchain with extremely low diff and low nethash so you easily got 40k coin. But on the real blockchain it's impossible to mine that amount with same hash and time. Be realistic and grow up kid!

buddynuno

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:04:08 AM

To sighle:  Look bro I stayed up late last night making sure everything was going to be perfect for difficulty reset.  I had my miners directed towards the miningpool.co site and everything was going well.  I expected to wake up this morning with a freakin ton of icoin in my wallet, but instead, I discovered the pool had disconnected all workers and was having issues.  So i jumped on a p2pool asap and sucked it up!  Yeah I missed the boat but shit happens.  Count your losses and move forward.  I know it sucked ass thinking you had 40k of a coin with 100 coins per block, but go cry about it somewhere else.  It's spilt milk whipe it up and move on.

Don't think that I am being petty. With the flood of altcoins recently, for us to NOT be hard on the ones that have terrible releases, lazy development and massive problems right out of the gate, serves only to discredit altcoins as a whole.

If iCoin, who already had a botched release, then botched it again is allowed to succeed even a little, it sets an unacceptable standard and lowers the bar for all future releases.

I know I'm not the only one that got burned on this shite release. I know that the likelihood of the developer reimbursing me for 40k of lost coins out of their 5 million premine is extremely low.

We, as a community, need to stand up and not allow this crap to happen. It is unacceptable. And I am doing my part to make it known that this coin has a useless development team that can't even spare a single day of testing their OWN coin before they attempt a release.

If I created a coin and severely botched it, I would probably give some kind of concession to the people that were burned by my lazy developing(if they could prove it). However, since the dev of this coin has largely ignored my grievances in this thread and has given little indication of their intent with their massive premine, I don't think it's unfair to assume that this is a pump/dump by a greedy developer with no experience.

Edit: And you need more than a good logo to make a legitimate coin.

+1000 Holy Moly, dude you are my friend form this day forth! If people think that some artwork on a logo and website is what values a cryptocurrency, then everyone can to be rich in cryptoland!!! I can pay 200 bucks for the best artwork and instant website aswell a coingen coin for a ROI of hundreds of BITCOINS dumping my premined coins on a market! Geez Roll Eyes

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
sighle

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:06:43 AM

Sihgle: stop begging for the coin you don't have. Only you mining on wrong blockchain with extremely low diff and low nethash so you easily got 40k coin. But on the real blockchain it's impossible to mine that amount with same hash and time. Be realistic and grow up kid!

I've seen you around the forums stevenb.

Let's just say that I'm not surprised that my true motive has gone right over your head.

[DOGE]: D6EBXikfCaPqcEJULsR2qzrLWyGBdYEwGv
[LTC]: LbPrmVGKnVhn6G8FFGFdthPyP1tjFucZHu
BTC: 1JpJ4tTM2ZCCLQf1jAnTmQbKMq7LGbrmQG
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:23:36 AM

Let's just say that I'm not surprised that my true motive has gone right over your head.

Ok, so you obviously had some negative opinions about this coin from its previous failures.  Yet, you spend your precious time configuring your miners for this coin so that you can mine as soon as the difficulty drops and fill your virtual wallet with a coin you already thought was crap?  This seems highly illogical...

Everyone else had the exact same issue with wallet 1.2, yet they somehow managed to follow the simple instructions provided in the thread to correct the issue.  Did you not check your debug window for the block count and realize that you also needed to apply the simple fix?

There's one thing i can't stand in this world more than anything else:  People not being accountable for their own actions.  Be accountable for YOUR successes and YOUR failures.  YOU clearly failed at something as simple as deleting some files, adding some nodes, and downloading the correct database.

It's time to take your right index finger and stop pointing at anyone but yourself. YOU own this failure.  There are countless other individuals that applied the fix and mined right at the fork.

So your motive is very clear:  trash talk the coin as much as possible so that the coin never goes anywhere because you had a bad experience
However, considering what's been said, this motive is highly illogical and even juvenile.

I've had a good experience with the coin, and others have too.
It's almost like you read the first page of an instruction manual for a kit car, and decided that you could put the whole thing together without it because you have a good deal of experience in the area.  But then, it's the manufacturer's fault when your shit falls apart.  Guess what?  Should have read the whole instruction manual!

You're like kanye west.  Just shut the fuck up no one cares.
digitsmith

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:39:35 AM

I would also like to see iCoin succeed but what really concerns me is that,

1 the team doesn't seem to be learning from previous mistakes

2 they don't seem to get the basics right
(thoroughly testing your code before going live is as basic as you get)

They do have a lot going for them, and all the issues seems to be tech related - but hey, this is a tech game and without a good dev team you don't stand a chance to succeed (and that should be obvious from day 1 when planning a new coin).

And not having your dev available when launching? Come on guys…

Will keep my eye on iCoin and I really hope you get your tech act together.
sighle

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:52:55 AM

Ok, so you obviously had some negative opinions about this coin from its previous failures.  Yet, you spend your precious time configuring your miners for this coin so that you can mine as soon as the difficulty drops and fill your virtual wallet with a coin you already thought was crap?  This seems highly illogical...

Everyone else had the exact same issue with wallet 1.2, yet they somehow managed to follow the simple instructions provided in the thread to correct the issue.  Did you not check your debug window for the block count and realize that you also needed to apply the simple fix?

There's one thing i can't stand in this world more than anything else:  People not being accountable for their own actions.  Be accountable for YOUR successes and YOUR failures.  YOU clearly failed at something as simple as deleting some files, adding some nodes, and downloading the correct database.

It's time to take your right index finger and stop pointing at anyone but yourself. YOU own this failure.  There are countless other individuals that applied the fix and mined right at the fork.

So your motive is very clear:  trash talk the coin as much as possible so that the coin never goes anywhere because you had a bad experience
However, considering what's been said, this motive is highly illogical and even juvenile.

It's almost like you read the first page of an instruction manual for a kit car, and decided that you could put the whole thing together without it because you have a good deal of experience in the area.  But then, it's the manufacturer's fault when your shit falls apart.  Guess what?  Should have read the whole instruction manual!

Look, I'ma let you finish, but is it so much that I expect someone who develops a coin to get their SECOND release right? And now it's somehow MY fault that the chain forked and I was mining the wrong one? That's laughable.

I stopped mining this coin the second I had any indication that I was on the wrong blockchain. I currently have 0 iCoin and I intend to keep it that way. I will not buy, support or otherwise help this coin succeed in any way.

I followed the original thread instructions exactly as they were written, I downloaded wallet 1.2 and that's what I used to mine. The only people that succeeded in mining were the people mining on specific pools.

Noone cares? Hmm... there's a couple people here trying to defend this steaming pile of shit so apparently I ruffled a couple feathers.

If you want to throw your hashes at this pitiful excuse for a coin, be my guest. But let me say this; If they didn't have some fancy looking logo and someone mediocre at photoshop posting images every other day, you wouldn't give this coin a second look.

CryptoGuy

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:10:05 AM

It basically boils down to this: Those who were mining on the correct chain got massively rewarded with a low difficulty. Meanwhile, the rest of us who were on the wrong chain wasted electricity and time for nothing. Those who have their coins will have an "oh well" position and the dev has the 5% premine so he gets paid either way. Take it for what it's worth I guess.

<Insert favorite coin here>
stevenb

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:19:40 AM

Look, I'ma let you finish, but is it so much that I expect someone who develops a coin to get their SECOND release right? And now it's somehow MY fault that the chain forked and I was mining the wrong one? That's laughable.

I stopped mining this coin the second I had any indication that I was on the wrong blockchain. I currently have 0 iCoin and I intend to keep it that way. I will not buy, support or otherwise help this coin succeed in any way.

I followed the original thread instructions exactly as they were written, I downloaded wallet 1.2 and that's what I used to mine. The only people that succeeded in mining were the people mining on specific pools.

Noone cares? Hmm... there's a couple people here trying to defend this steaming pile of shit so apparently I ruffled a couple feathers.

If you want to throw your hashes at this pitiful excuse for a coin, be my guest. But let me say this; If they didn't have some fancy looking logo and someone mediocre at photoshop posting images every other day, you wouldn't give this coin a second look.

Stop begging and stay out of this thread if you don't like. No one cares about you!

sighle

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:22:32 AM

Stop begging and stay out of this thread if you don't like. No one cares about you!

'Smatter stevenb? Can't read? You're cute for a bag holder.

TeamICoiN (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:38:20 AM

Everything is working fine. We need more pools.

First 3 PPLNS / PROP pools will get 30,000-20,000-10,000 ICN bounty.

Forgot to mention that iCoin has a faucet, try your luck at http://faucet.impy.me/

Logo design reward are being sent! If you haven't sent us your address, please do! Thanks.
thefatman82

Activity: 166

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:42:37 AM

Everything is working fine. We need more pools.

First 3 PPLNS / PROP pools will get 30,000-20,000-10,000 ICN bounty.

Forgot to mention that iCoin has a faucet, try your luck at http://faucet.impy.me/

Logo design reward are being sent! If you haven't sent us your address, please do! Thanks.

Ive left icon. Didn't want too, but hash too low for solo or p2pool. I would love to come back if you get a solid stable pool.
Viperbass

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:19:49 AM

Hi All,

I will be posting a new thread today explaining what occurred at launch and why the problems were delayed in being sorted out.

As you can see when our dev returned the issues were rectified fairly quickly.

To Sum up though our dev thought he had more time before block 5200 would be reached while our marketing guy was promoting the coin bringing on extra
network hash which reduced the block resolve times by a lot, if any of you have ever worked in a dev house you will know marketing and dev guys have very
different ways of approaching things but without each other it will never work.

We have already had a team meeting to discuss the launch.

NB. Please let us know if you still experiencing any issues.

We going to let things settle for 24 hrs, get some pools added before we being promoting the coin further.

Thanks
iCoin Team

Viperbass

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:50:50 AM

It basically boils down to this: Those who were mining on the correct chain got massively rewarded with a low difficulty. Meanwhile, the rest of us who were on the wrong chain wasted electricity and time for nothing. Those who have their coins will have an "oh well" position and the dev has the 5% premine so he gets paid either way. Take it for what it's worth I guess.

Hey Crypto ,

Just to clarify it was a 1% premine and if you search for iCoin you can see the many promos/giveaways we have had already. These promos will keep changing depending on the stages we are with
iCoin.

I am also mining the coin myself with the +- 1650KH/s I have and to be fair I only made about 3500 coins so far on the p2pool since the change over and this will slow down dramatically today.

Remember the Diff will increase until a 3 minute block time is acquired, in reality though it does not work like this so the diff will fluctuate often depending how quickly the resolves occur.

We did it like this to protect the coin from multipool abuse, remember this is a value coin, if you want to see 10000 Coins a hour pop into your wallet there is plenty other
currencies that offer this.

sighle

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:08:26 AM

Nobody cares. Let it die.

TeamICoiN (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:24:23 AM

Nobody cares. Let it die.

I remember those blizzard patch days back in the day for world of warcraft and 90% of the time there would be major issues and the forums would blow up
with negativity and total anger. Some people I know that still play the game said every patch since cataclysm has gone smooth.

We know we screwed up this launch, we also know we human and bound to make mistakes but we can only improve on things from here on out.

As long as people still care about the coin we here to fight for it and get it ahead in a saturated market.

Unfortunately words do mean nothing, only actions and I hope we can change your mind about iCoin in the future.

luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:48:58 AM

http://ic.mepool.cc/index.php

does this pool work again or it's still stuck on wrong blockchain ? cause i see miners back on.

Edit : apparently not, wrong block and diff displayed.

hope you get decent stratum pools soon, i lost so much time on this because of stupid errors i made in the rush...
Viperbass

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:53:17 AM

http://ic.mepool.cc/index.php

does this pool work again or it's still stuck on wrong blockchain ? cause i see miners back on.

Edit : apparently not, wrong block and diff displayed.

hope you get decent stratum pools soon, i lost so much time on this because of stupid errors i made...

I have replied to the pool admin to explain above as he mailed me to say it was updated. Won't add the pool as a option until we sure it's on the right chain.
Viperbass

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:58:27 AM

We have a SEO company that will be accepting iCoins soon as payment. Will update later on.

Once again please let us know if your having any issues with your wallet and receiving coins.
FamousRocky

Activity: 224

RTFM ;D

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:10:10 AM

No problems.... i got my coins with the wallet 1.2 and they are still there in wallet 1.3  Wink

i´m on  block:

{
"blocks" : 7766,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 2.21249964,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 5174,
"networkhashps" : 62658038,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}
dima_a123

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:19:23 AM

new wallet every day...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: