Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:25:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 [1642] 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058327 times)
Two4D2

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:11:13 PM

When is the rebranding thing going to happen?

It was planned for this week, but seen nothing happens...

Yeh thats why Im asking..
CryptoLuv

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:29:35 PM

Hi peeps,

I've been reading up a lot on digibyte lately. I think it's undervalued but to understand the market proposition better, I would like to ask you, the community this. What is the unique selling point of digibyte?

It is by far the fastest coin that I have personally used. Transactions and confirmations happen within a few seconds. I also feel more secure while using it. Very simple to work with.

It is abled to be mined on 5 different algos as well, which sets it aside from others as well.

There's still much to be done, but I have believed for years that Digibyte can get to a great place. It just takes some effort from the community to get it out there and make it the best it can be.

My ultimate goal is to be able to buy a house with DGB directly. I want to see it become a valid, stable currency. I believe it can.
CryptoLuv

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:51:14 PM

The Funeral march is being played for Digibyte right now  Cry  ...

Doesn't fix the android app block explorer link or get the app dev to do it.

Yes , i know it´s a fast coin .... but every time i put my money on it price drops faster !!!!

Its time to buy you mean?

The bad behaviour of the crypto dev is the reason crypto is find it hard to gain traction and respect! We take 2 steps forward and 10 steps backward. Who in his right sense will put his life savings and hard work on shitcoin for christ sake?

What are you on about?

What bad behaviour are you talking about? anything more specific?

Just because you are losing money doesnt mean that the project is shit, it means u need to learn more about trading Smiley It's called "school money" where I come from.

A small thing like the block explorer link in the android app taking us to www.cryptominingpool.com and hasn't been fixed for weeks . Because somebody doesn't own the website anymore or whatnot.
It's a small issue , but doesn't get fixed!! So it seems no Dev really gives a fuck ! Or maybe I should post somewhere else about that small issue.

Dude Jared allready made a fortune a doesn't care anymore!? He's a satoshi wannabe but nothing like him!

I believe Jared still cares about Digibyte, as he's spent years working with it. It's time to take the pressure off of them. It's a lot of work for a few people to do. Anyone who would like to help in this community effort I'm working on, it would be much appreciated!

Current things I'm getting set up and could use help on:

- Getting local businesses in Pontiac, MI to accept both Bitcoin and Digibyte. It would be great to have the whole city using these two coins. I believe this will take a relatively small effort to do with my connections there. Would create a great economic model to show the rest of the world that cryptocurrency works and will be the future. The hope is that other communities would follow along.

- Finding a group of coders/ graphic designers. Planning a few different apps/sites, and I am currently just as a beginner coder, so I know that these code projects are out of my league for the time being. I have a few routes to take here, but it would be great to get people from our community to help with this if possible.

- Either getting Digibyte accepted onto a payment platform or creating one specifically for Digibyte.

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to fund all this. It would be great to get some help with funding, but I do not know a way to put a large fund together in a way that would ensure people didn't feel worried about their funds. If anyone can figure out an effective, safe, and easy way we can fund things as a community, please share. Otherwise, I will work to figure out how to pay for it myself. It's worth it for this coin!

I'll be providing updates in the coming days as I meet with business owners in town, and post the store names/locations that will accept Bitcoin and Digibyte. It will be difficult without an easy payment system, but I can possibly convince a few

Sounds good.

Yea I'm sure he still cares about digibyte . His Twitter is very active and it seems digibyte was/is his baby.

I got hyped over the citi compitition and when it didn't go to plan it was a bummer and people got sour including me. There is a digibyte market place but it's down has been since??

Apparently there will be some awards still to come from the citi compitition 2nd September .maybe something to look forward too.

At least it's a good time to buy some more digibyte.

I keep seeing digibyte $1 and then all the rwplys saying :never that would make market cap 80 billion .
I think it could be $1 one day but only if it becomes anonymous coin and is usable to buy physical  things .
Get rid of sha256 algorithm aswell .

Don't count too much on the Citi awards. It would be great to win those, but there are so many large contenders that it is a very slim chance. That doesn't mean that they Digibyte wasn't liked (or else it wouldn't be in the finals), but there are only so many awards and opportunities at once. It is great PR though.

I've heard the same thing about the market cap. From my understanding:

Market cap would be around 8 Billion, as there are around that number of DGB in circulation (by my last check not too long ago and will be 21 Billion coins in circulation. However, that is not an absurd number. Market cap is merely the total cost of all coins/shares in circulation. If people believe it is worth one dollar and are willing to purchase it at that price, then that is the value, regardless of how high the cap is. It is a weird correlation between Market Cap, value, and demand.
CryptoLuv

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:00:28 PM

Scrolling through Jared's Twitter gives me confidence about digibyte .

People just need to notice this coin.

I'd love some stickers that I can put all over my town with a QR code that links to the digibyte.co website.

I wouldn't mind giving out some free coins to people for support  of DGB either. I hate waiting for BTC transaction to confirm .

Never wait for DGB it's pretty much instant .

I was thinking we could put together a very nice, clean looking, welcoming DGB faucet. Just so people can get a tiny amount to start with. I'm not sure if this would be a good idea for the image of the coin or not, though
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:19:06 PM

I'd love some stickers that I can put all over my town with a QR code that links to the digibyte.co website.

I wouldn't mind giving out some free coins to people for support  of DGB either. I hate waiting for BTC transaction to confirm .

I was thinking we could put together a very nice, clean looking, welcoming DGB faucet. Just so people can get a tiny amount to start with. I'm not sure if this would be a good idea for the image of the coin or not, though

Giving something for free sometimes gives people a false sense of entitlement if things go wrong, such as the faucet running out of DGB (just look at how people moaned about getting free DGB from DigiByte Gaming). Plus with a faucet people generally have to know about DGB to begin with.

I think increasing awareness is the way to go, something like Deansss's idea of plastering DigiByte stickers with QR code all over the place. In the right area such as at a university or similar, where ppl interested or already aware of crypto might be interesting & cheap. Someone used to sell crypto stickers (also DGB ones) but with QR code would be so much better.
saiscoin

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

The Alt Whisperer

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:30:26 PM

I had 800k at one point , i think this might catch on next year. Still too early for this.

Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:40:43 PM

I had 800k at one point , i think this might catch on next year. Still too early for this.

I am still confident it will recover next month or if not then before December. Maybe Digibyte should also be introduced in foreign markets like Japan, Korea and China. I heard rumors before that many Koreans are expecting Digibyte to get listed on their local exchange.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
CryptoLuv

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:22:47 PM

Giving something for free sometimes gives people a false sense of entitlement if things go wrong, such as the faucet running out of DGB (just look at how people moaned about getting free DGB from DigiByte Gaming). Plus with a faucet people generally have to know about DGB to begin with.

I think increasing awareness is the way to go, something like Deansss's idea of plastering DigiByte stickers with QR code all over the place. In the right area such as at a university or similar, where ppl interested or already aware of crypto might be interesting & cheap. Someone used to sell crypto stickers (also DGB ones) but with QR code would be so much better.

That's pretty much what I was worried about with that as well. We will keep that off the table

As for the stickers, it is a great idea. I'm going to get in contact with a friend of mine to see if he could make a good sticker design. I'll update you all when I hear back.
Deansss

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:04:41 PM

I'm pretty sure satoshi used to send small amounts constantly from wallet to wallet and back , possibly automatically, to make sure there was always transactions being made on the network .

Maybe this isn't really important and it's cheating in a way but there are alot of blocks that have only 1 transaction ,the block reward . The ammount of transactions must be a factor in the importance of the coin if nobody's using it other than in the exchanges ....

Deansss

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:05:59 PM

That's pretty much what I was worried about with that as well. We will keep that off the table

As for the stickers, it is a great idea. I'm going to get in contact with a friend of mine to see if he could make a good sticker design. I'll update you all when I hear back.

If the digibyte market gets up and running again you could offer them there for digibytes
Deltadollar

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:59:54 AM

My prediction is the rebrand will be digusign. This has been there focus. The new logo for the coin will represent the digusign brand. If digusign can replace docusign I can see the market cap close to or above neo roughly 12$ a dgs.
CryptoLuv

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:50:45 AM

My prediction is the rebrand will be digusign. This has been there focus. The new logo for the coin will represent the digusign brand. If digusign can replace docusign I can see the market cap close to or above neo roughly 12$ a dgs.

I don't think this kind of immense speculation is a good image to convey. Yes, I hope it gets to that point, but we need to focus on it becoming a strong currency. Making extreme assesments like that at the moment might rub people the wrong way. It makes it sound more like a "get rich quick" idea and less like the great currency that it is.

I get your point though. Digusign may be really good.
CryptoLuv

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:56:50 AM

If the digibyte market gets up and running again you could offer them there for digibytes

I don't know if a centralized digibyte market was the best idea. I think the best thing to do is get a to have merchants accepting it on their own terms.
terms.
Also, I will sell the stickers at cost, which should be VERY low. I need to find a good company that produces and ships stickers first
FermatMX

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

Working for a better world

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 04:20:08 AM

The week ends and we still with any news about the rebranding..

Juan Manuel Cancino
IoP Deputy Community Leader
HLX team
siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:32:57 AM

I don't think this kind of immense speculation is a good image to convey. Yes, I hope it gets to that point, but we need to focus on it becoming a strong currency. Making extreme assesments like that at the moment might rub people the wrong way. It makes it sound more like a "get rich quick" idea and less like the great currency that it is.

I agree. I would like to see a clear roadmap for the future along with steady progress and development of the coin. I would like to see the price and value grow over time, rather than just get pumped up and then crash again. That is not good for the coin and community as a whole.

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
TheSmithKing

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:21:49 AM

Was something announced? Because the price of DigiByte is rocketing!
aqzu

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:27:19 AM

Was something announced? Because the price of DigiByte is rocketing!

i think the rebranding is announced. CMIIW
abdulaziz07

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:29:22 AM

The good thing is that DGB would be able to process more transaction every second every year
 DGB is the future!
Tortoise75

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:53:35 AM

I don't know if a centralized digibyte market was the best idea. I think the best thing to do is get a to have merchants accepting it on their own terms.
terms.
Also, I will sell the stickers at cost, which should be VERY low. I need to find a good company that produces and ships stickers first
Yes, unless the devs want to switch the branch and become merchants a central market isn't the thing to do. Trouble is the usual egg hen problem, to get acceptance it needs to be present in shops, to be present in shops it needs to be accepted. But only a properly run and useful webshop would be a real tech showcase advertising DigiByte. Anyway, if DigiByte wants to become a payment solution and not only a token for Digusign it needs ready to use tools that are at least as easy to built into websites and webshops as PayPal is. The other thing would be easy to use and not too expensive direct dgb fiat exchange offers, but that's something even BTC just starts to manage in certain countries. Can't hurt to contact whoever runs those services like the one installing those ATMs in Ukraine or bitpanda that's now selling euro vouchers that can be converted to crypto on their website through Austrian post offices.

But for now lets see the rebranding and with it the chosen path for the near future.
CryptoLuv

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:23:40 AM

I agree. I would like to see a clear roadmap for the future along with steady progress and development of the coin. I would like to see the price and value grow over time, rather than just get pumped up and then crash again. That is not good for the coin and community as a whole.

Read my long post on the previous page, it has the roadmap of the first things I'm planning to work on. Any ideas and help would be welcome!
Pages: « 1 ... 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 [1642] 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: