Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:05:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Here are the Top #4 ASIC Companies according to the polls?
At number # 1 Kncminer - 15 (21.4%)
At number # 2 Bitmain/Antminer - 11 (15.7%)
At number # 3 Cointerra - 3 (4.3%)
At number # 4 Black Arrow - 8 (11.4%)
Just buy BTC and sit on them (why take the risk) - 33 (47.1%)
Total Voters: 70

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [*Newbies* I Need YOUR HELP!] Top 4 ASIC Company To Invest IN ???  (Read 1306 times)
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:51:51 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 05:29:48 PM by LittleD

Alright! Here they are Top 4 ASIC Companies   Shocked

Please vote again and HELP me decide what to buy Smiley A couple friend and I are looking to purchase a ASIC miner and would like your feedback on what to buy, since you guys are the experts I believe you will make the right choice.  What would you buy if you were in my Love Handles Huh  Wink

* If you do vote please let me know why you think this ASIC company is the right pick for YOU.
*Please lets stay on topic and lets help each other in making the right decisions for the future :!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
According to your votes/polls:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=403921.0

Shocked Cool Wink
At NUMERO UNO:Kncminer
https://www.kncminer.com/categories/miners

At number 2: Bitmain
https://www.bitmaintech.com/product.htm

At number 3: Cointerra
http://cointerra.com/faq/

At number 4: BlackArrow
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/minion.html

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:15:47 PM

Please tell me why I should Just buy BTC and sit on them (why take the risk) Huh

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
eiliant

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:40:56 PM

Please tell me why I should Just buy BTC and sit on them (why take the risk) Huh
More likely than not you won't mine more than you paid in BTC.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:44:32 PM

More likely than not you won't mine more than you paid in BTC.

I see but don't you think mining to just mining BTC is a good investment for the future, if that makes any sense Huh

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:57:33 PM

I see but don't you think mining to just mining BTC is a good investment for the future, if that makes any sense Huh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diminishing_returns
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:17:47 PM

none of the above any more now.

unless bitmain come right down in price.

keep your eyes peeled for T/hs or maybe 400G/hs ghastly Avalon clones coming out of China in next 2 weeks. then don't buy them either

Easy2Mine

Activity: 854

einc.io

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:33:27 AM

Best company to invest is KnC.
They are the most honest asic company till now.
No BFL for me anymore.

sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:39:30 PM

Look, I've bought a KnC jupiter batch1 when 1BTC was equal to 108$. It cost me 7500$ (jup+psu+delivery) ~= 70 BTC.

Since I've received the miner I started to mining for a total of 52BTC as of now. I could have mined more, but you know, theory and real life are quite different: my miner wasn't fully working in the beginning (die 0 issue solved at some point), initial fw releases were sub-optimal, psu failures, pools downtime etc etc.

To that, add maintenance cost, energy cost.

As last point, I really don't know if I will be able to mine another 18 BTC before running my jup will cost me more in terms of electricity than the btc it will produce.

In retrospect I should have bought BTC without any doubts.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Aexcu

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:46:13 PM

Possibly, though in all honesty it's good to also acknowledge that you might not have held to your BTCs after they'd have rosen significantly in value. With a miner, you're (somewhat) stuck to it.

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:03:18 PM

Look, I've bought a KnC jupiter batch1 when 1BTC was equal to 108$. It cost me 7500$ (jup+psu+delivery) ~= 70 BTC.

Since I've received the miner I started to mining for a total of 52BTC as of now. I could have mined more, but you know, theory and real life are quite different: my miner wasn't fully working in the beginning (die 0 issue solved at some point), initial fw releases were sub-optimal, psu failures, pools downtime etc etc.

To that, add maintenance cost, energy cost.

As last point, I really don't know if I will be able to mine another 18 BTC before running my jup will cost me more in terms of electricity than the btc it will produce.

Thanks everyone for your input Smiley BIG HELP and i think I've made my choice. Going to buy BTC and HOLD on to them until something better comes out Smiley

sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:13:13 PM

Possibly, though in all honesty it's good to also acknowledge that you might not have held to your BTCs after they'd have rosen significantly in value. With a miner, you're (somewhat) stuck to it.

Sure you're right.

With a miner your BTCs will be "released" slowly, solved block after solved block, and you will not be able to sell all your "potential" BTCs all at once under the influence of your emotions.

Though, I wonder how high it would be the price someone is willing to pay to get this "safety" measure in place. Mine, at the end of the road, will be somewhat between 8 to 10 BTCs plus the cost of the miner (7500$), definitely a high price to pay.

Taken into account tha I've not even considered energy and maintenance costs in my back-of-the-envelope calculation.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 01:54:47 AM

If you bought bitcoins for $1000 and the price drops to $900 and never gets back up to $1k then you've just lost money.  On the other hand, if you buy a miner when btc is $1k and the price goes back down you can still potentially make money if you paid less for your mining equipment then what you're able to mine out of it, before you start to make less then what you have to pay in electrical costs to run it.

If bitcoin just sits and floats around $800-1000 for a while you won't really make any money just buying bitcoins.  Back when bitcoin was $100, and certainly when it was around $10 it made a lot of sense to buy bitcoin.

The big problem is that a lot of shady companies came out of the woodwork to rip people off, so people who ordered from Hashfast paid what would be worth $50k or so for a babyjet that will probably never mine that much, because it was delayed to such an extreme degree.

Anyway, I'm obviously biased since I'm actually selling some hardware (in hand, not a pre-order) right now.

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:47:08 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 08:21:49 PM by LittleD

If bitcoin just sits and floats around $800-1000 for a while you won't really make any money just buying bitcoins.  Back when bitcoin was $100, and certainly when it was around $10 it made a lot of sense to buy bitcoin.

But this is the same thing people where saying when BTC was $100   Undecided  WE have all made bad decisions and are learning how to invest our hard earned CASH $$$. But what IF BTC goes up to $2000 per BTC... what then? is mining still profitable  Huh

We need to be real with each other and acknowledge that the real people that are making money  are the ASIC Companies... NOW?... are we willing to give them our hard earn BTC (for a 3 to 5 month delay) or should we make some noise and let ever one know to STOP buying ASIC Mining rigs till the ASIC companies start delivering on TIME!!!
WE the BTC miners can Control and also make Noise and Demand for our produce to be deliver on time or we will STOP buying from them!!! BUT... we are so stupide and as the bible says "All we like sheep have gone astray"  We let the BIG BAD wolf (like Butterfly Labs, HashFast, and others) deceive us and we cry and go running to mommy because Butterfly Labs LIED to us again and again! Tongue

YOU have to remember... "MINERS" we also have POWER and Control over ASIC companies! STOP Crying and STOP BUYING from these companies!!!

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:14:22 PM

Great thread to read

"If you're thinking buying mining hardware, read this first"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6566.0

Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 09:22:06 PM

Great thread to read

"If you're thinking buying mining hardware, read this first"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6566.0

That's from April 11th, 2011.  If you'd bought mining equipment at that point in time and kept it running for a couple years you'd be a millionaire. Same thing is true if you'd bought bitcoins at the time too, they cost about $0.80-$1 Either way, you would have made a shitton of money.  Assuming you kept the bitcoins.

On the other hand, the price of bitcoin spiked up to about $37 before dropping back down to $2-3.  You would have been far better off buying GPUs at that point then spending $5, or $10 on bitcoin in that timeframe. $1000 would probably be enough to mine about 400 bitcoins or so over the next few years, but only pay for 100-200 bitcoins.

The other problem with the "just buy bitcoins" thing is, buy them with what?  If you've been mining for a long time, most of your wealth may already be in bitcoins.  You can't just "buy bitcoins" if all you have are bitcoins. 

LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:47:40 PM

Here are the Top #4 ASIC Companies according to the polls?

At number # 1 Kncminer - 13 (22.4%)
At number # 2 Bitmain/Antminer - 8 (13.8%)
At number # 3 Cointerra - 3 (5.2%)
At number # 4 Black Arrow - 6 (10.3%)
Just buy BTC and sit on them (why take the risk) - 28 (48.3%)

Thanks for the votes! I hope this helps any one out there thinking/praying about where to invest their hard earned cash/BTC BTC.

jermwerty

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:42:05 AM

Thanks for the votes! I hope this helps any one out there thinking/praying about where to invest their hard earned cash/BTC BTC.

You are getting BITMINE.CH mixed up with BITMAIN/ANTMiner

BITMINE.CH has 28nm 1TH+ preorder boxes shipping... "soon"

BITMAIN/ANTMiner have 55nm 180-200GH units shipping NOW

Very different companies...

But I digress:

ANYONE doing the math needs to seriously consider how many days from now they can get whatever order in hand.  Immediacy trumps soft dates any day.  Think about it this way:  1TH of ANTMINERs is $10K today.  How can you compare that to pretty much all of the 28nm products where if you pay today you will not get it until SUMMER?

The only people who have a chance at 28nm being good ROI is *pehaps* those who bet on the right horse and got a cheap price on a first day order.  Buying 28nm today?  Get in line buddy - the BACK of it!  Thus why in stock miners (*cough* ANT, Avalon Gen2) do have some major pull, as they will be paid off the time a 1TH+ miner even ships in the first place.
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:55:45 AM

This. Those are different companies !
Change poll or links.

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
LittleD (OP)

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:30:42 PM

This. Those are different companies !
Change poll or links.

BITMINE.CH has 28nm 1TH+ preorder boxes shipping... "soon"

BITMAIN/ANTMiner have 55nm 180-200GH units shipping NOW

Very different companies...

But I digress:

ANYONE doing the math needs to seriously consider how many days from now they can get whatever order in hand.  Immediacy trumps soft dates any day.  Think about it this way:  1TH of ANTMINERs is $10K today.  How can you compare that to pretty much all of the 28nm products where if you pay today you will not get it until SUMMER?

The only people who have a chance at 28nm being good ROI is *pehaps* those who bet on the right horse and got a cheap price on a first day order.  Buying 28nm today?  Get in line buddy - the BACK of it!  Thus why in stock miners (*cough* ANT, Avalon Gen2) do have some major pull, as they will be paid off the time a 1TH+ miner even ships in the first place.

Sorry about the mix-up ~ I changed the web link.
Thanks Grin Cool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: