Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:17:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $42,000 dollars to buy Bitcoin and Litecoin - Time to buy?  (Read 12472 times)
thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:07:54 PM

50:50 is a good idea. If you have bitcoin, you must have litecoin too. Its the silver of the cryptoworld!
It will remain thus for as long as enough people keep believing it Smiley  I'm not convinced a pretty metaphor is enough in the longer term.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:07:58 PM

50:50 is a good idea. If you have bitcoin, you must have litecoin too. Its the silver of the cryptoworld!
It offers no advantages. So, why?

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
armodilloben

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 01:25:49 PM

My personal opinion: wait maybe one month or so, but do not wait too long Smiley and I personally would invest 80:20  BTC:LTC, because Bitcoin is likely to grow more than LTC in my eyes

pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:31:17 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 02:42:41 PM by pungopete468

Because it is currently selling for around $25 per coin and is in a position to expand rapidly this year. A jump from $25 to $50 would be the same as BTC going to $2,000.

Look at Coinbase; they just signed Overstock.com and are currently viewed as the largest American exchange service. They will likely continue this growth as more large mainstream companies get into BTC. These companies will align themselves with only the most reputable exchange service.

The inventor of Litecoin is working at Coinbase and it's a safe bet to assume that Litecoin will find a place on Coinbase sometime in the future. Litecoin isn't going anywhere people. You can mine it reasonably with your GPU. The grassroots of Bitcoin is supporting Litecoin and it's expanding rapidly.

Think about the impact of being able to spend Litecoin at Overstock, Netflix, Amazon and any other mainstream company that realizes the immense business opportunity with accepting Bitcoin and aligns themselves with Coinbase or another exchange service who later adds Litecoin support.

If you own a company who accepts Bitcoin to instantly sell for USD then you would accept Litecoin without thinking twice about it. Especially when your "merchant service" allows it with a lower rate than conventional payment processing. I can't see it going any other way. Litecoin is about to hit the sky.

If anything I consider Litecoin a more attractive opportunity than Bitcoin right now because of the price point. Going from $25 to $50 each will double your buying power and I can easily see $300 to $500 or more before the end of this year.

To put it in perspective: if LTC were to go on direct exchange for USD and the market volume brought the price to $400 that would be the equivalent of BTC going to $16,000.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:45:34 PM

Because it is currently selling for around $25 per coin and is in a position to expand rapidly this year. A jump from $25 to $50 would be the same as BTC going to $2,000.

Look at Coinbase; they just signed Overstock.com and are currently viewed as the largest American exchange service. They will likely continue this growth as more large mainstream companies get into BTC. These companies will align themselves with only the most reputable exchange service.

The inventor of Litecoin is working at Coinbase and it's a safe bet to assume that Litecoin will find a place on Coinbase sometime in the future. Litecoin isn't going anywhere people. You can mine it reasonably with your GPU. The grassroots of Bitcoin is supporting Litecoin and it's expanding rapidly.

Think about the impact of being able to spend Litecoin at Overstock, Netflix, Amazon and any other mainstream company that realizes the immense business opportunity with accepting Bitcoin and aligns themselves with Coinbase or another exchange service who later adds Litecoin support.

If you own a company who accepts Bitcoin to instantly sell for USD then you would accept Litecoin without thinking twice about it. Especially when your "merchant service" allows it with a lower rate than conventional payment processing. I can't see it going any other way. Litecoin is about to hit the sky.

If anything I consider Litecoin a more attractive opportunity than Bitcoin right now because of the price point. Going from $25 to $50 each will double your buying power and I can easily see $300 to $500 or more before the end of this year.

To put it in perspective: if LTC were to go on direct exchange for USD and the market volume brought the price to $400 that would be the equivalent of BTC going to $16,000.
For speculative purposes, that makes sense. I was more wondering about the functionality of the coin itself.

pungopete468

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:50:31 PM

For speculative purposes, that makes sense. I was more wondering about the functionality of the coin itself.

Gotcha, there is no real functionality difference between them. The differences are too subtle for any normal end user to realize.

I guess if you want to look at the single major difference it would be the total number of people mining. Even though Bitcoin has a larger hash rate I would say Litecoin is easily more diverse and widespread simply because more regular people have a decent GPU and mine than own an ASIC.

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Lewis2

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:29:13 PM

Co-sign, Litecoin is much more volatile as well. Your username also implies you are a bit biased.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:25:56 PM

LTC going to $400 is a huge stretch from where we are at now, and this is coming from a big LTC supporter.   I think BTC has a far better likelihood of reaching 16k before LTC hits $400
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:37:44 PM

sorry mate, I'd say don't do it. BTC is coming in for a rough ride this year, and I can't see previous high being attained within the next couple of years. I am seeing BTC prices become more and more stable though, could drop to $600, possibly settling back around the $950 mark.

OIL however, is down at the moment. but again, stocks and shares, they all do the same thing, and they are only worth anything to someone who doesn't mind losing, as well as winning. It's all gambling at the end of the day.

What I might advise is use that $42k for a quick up. By all means buy BTC with it, but don't hold it for too long. take your quick profit and move on, or reinvest again, and do the same.

BUT... Today I am mainly being a total hypocrite, LOL. I'm still buying, but i'm an intro-venal BTC addict, and my share-dealing spread can afford me to play with BTC stocks, as a hobby, most days i make a 3-figure profit on BTC, depending on whether I short or buy... and my decision to short or buy is usually taken, depending on daily prices, tick-trends, political news and how reckless I feel when I wake up in the morning.

I do wish you the very best of luck. You could do a lot worse than buying BTC.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:40:56 PM

LTC going to $400 is a huge stretch from where we are at now, and this is coming from a big LTC supporter.   I think BTC has a far better likelihood of reaching 16k before LTC hits $400

LTC/BTC ratio has been "fairly" steady for awhile now with slight variations here and there.  What makes you think that might change going forward?  If BTC does go to $16k, why wouldn't LTC go to $400?  As a background, I own only BTC for various reasons.  But LTC rides on the coattails of BTC, if BTC rises, genereally so does LTC.  But of course the reverse is also very true!
pungopete468

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:42:12 PM

While I agree that Litecoin going to $400 right now without changing any variables would be more than a stretch. It wouldn't happen...

I'm talking about Litecoin being in a position to go to $400 or more with only a minor push in that direction. That push I feel is inevitable and soon.

To use a metaphor; Bitcoin had to fight an uphill battle in a head wind. Litecoin is riding in Bitcoins draft and could be right on Bitcoin's tail with little effort.

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
pungopete468

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:50:13 PM

LTC/BTC ratio has been "fairly" steady for awhile now with slight variations here and there.  What makes you think that might change going forward?  If BTC does go to $16k, why wouldn't LTC go to $400?  As a background, I own only BTC for various reasons.  But LTC rides on the coattails of BTC, if BTC rises, genereally so does LTC.  But of course the reverse is also very true!

Change is unavoidable. The reason Litecoin will be offered for direct exchange is because it has a more attractive price point to the average consumer and will further drive the overall cause. It can also be used to soften the blow to the BTC market from all the large "sell" orders created by an increasing number of large companies getting on board who instantly convert to fiat. It's going to change. I feel certain of it.

There is a fortune to be made yet in Litecoin and it's not hard to see. You can't assume the exchange ratio will remain constant when you change the whole equation.

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:21:35 PM

I think Litecoin's story this year will be more fascinating than Bitcoin's.

Bitcoin will become more entrenched in the minds of the public. Whether that causes LTC to fall away a little or whether more people are attracted to it because of its lower entry point is where things will be interesting.

It's unwise to underestimate the price point and the increasing feeling newcomers will have that they missed the boat. Many may jump straight to Litecoin.

As more Bitcoin infrastructure is created it may make those players more reluctant to incorporate Litecoin to avoid dilution. Perhaps there'll be a largely separate ecosystem created by others.

I've bought a few. I may grab a few more just to see what happens.
thoughtfan

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:26:42 PM

First apologies to the OP for turning this into a Bitcoin v. Litecoin battle. It was not my intention though I knew it likely once I recommended a much lower ratio of your investment be put to Litecoin.

The reason Litecoin will be offered for direct exchange is because it has a more attractive price point to the average consumer...
By 'price point' do you mean they are cheaper per unit even though the 'units' themselves bear no relation to those of Bitcoin making a direct comparison of value almost impossible?  I'm not saying people don't buy for this reason - especially having talked to a reasonably intelligent-sounding man with a pretty responsible job who said he'd bought Litecoins for his son because by now Bitcoins were too expensive (per unit).

So I accept it is reasonable to expect Litecoins to continue to be bought 'because they're cheaper' and if so will have a positive influence on its price.  Yet my confidence in Bitcoins is based on people seeing real value in it as a groundbreaking technology with huge promise whereas if I went with the above I'd be basing my confidence in Litecoins on people's stupidity!

...It's going to change. I feel certain of it.

OP, and everyone else; I would also be wary of any advice given where the reason given by the advice giver for their confidence is 'feeling certain' or that they can 'feel it in their blood' or 'in their bones' etc.  It is not a rational way of investing for oneself, let alone to part with money on the basis of someone else's 'inklings'!
pungopete468

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:44:39 PM

First apologies to the OP for turning this into a Bitcoin v. Litecoin battle. It was not my intention though I knew it likely once I recommended a much lower ratio of your investment be put to Litecoin.

The reason Litecoin will be offered for direct exchange is because it has a more attractive price point to the average consumer...
By 'price point' do you mean they are cheaper per unit even though the 'units' themselves bear no relation to those of Bitcoin making a direct comparison of value almost impossible?  I'm not saying people don't buy for this reason - especially having talked to a reasonably intelligent-sounding man with a pretty responsible job who said he'd bought Litecoins for his son because by now Bitcoins were too expensive (per unit).

So I accept it is reasonable to expect Litecoins to continue to be bought 'because they're cheaper' and if so will have a positive influence on its price.  Yet my confidence in Bitcoins is based on people seeing real value in it as a groundbreaking technology with huge promise whereas if I went with the above I'd be basing my confidence in Litecoins on people's stupidity!

...It's going to change. I feel certain of it.

OP, and everyone else; I would also be wary of any advice given where the reason given by the advice giver for their confidence is 'feeling certain' or that they can 'feel it in their blood' or 'in their bones' etc.  It is not a rational way of investing for oneself, let alone to part with money on the basis of someone else's 'inklings'!

If I wrote an informative piece about the refraction of light and said, "The sky is blue but I feel certain it will turn red." Would you feel that I was basing my entire thesis on nothing more than a feeling even after I went further to identify my reasons being the angle of the sun in relation to the thickness of the atmosphere. Would you discount my future opinions based on the inclusion of the simple statement, "I have a feeling?"

If all you take from what I said above was "I have a feeling." Then by all means ignore my advice... But don't ignore the content of what I've written and then tell people to be wary of taking my advice.

I see you tend to agree with me about the perception of affordability being a huge benefit of Litecoin over Bitcoin even if it's really nothing more than a perception. People can ignore that fact or they can understand it and in turn profit from it.

Businesses are here to make money and people want to buy Litecoin. I'm sure most can do the math. The mainstream is getting involved. That day when Litecoin is exchanged directly for USD it will be a result of mainstream demand.

This is not a debate on which is better. I already stated that the differences between the two coins were too subtle for a normal end user to appreciate.

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
thoughtfan

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:26:46 PM

I see you tend to agree with me about the perception of affordability being a huge benefit of Litecoin over Bitcoin even if it's really nothing more than a perception. People can ignore that fact or they can understand it and in turn profit from it.
I most certainly did not agree that at all.  I see no benefit of Litecoin over Bitcoin.  What I see is value perpetuated by a misunderstanding, even, one could say, a delusion.  The problem for me with delusions is I can't be confident people won't get a light bulb moment and go 'Doh!  How come I didn't see that before' and they are deluded no more.  And in this day and age it only takes an effective meme for that to spread.  Then of what value is Litecoin?

If I wrote an informative piece about the refraction of light and said, "The sky is blue but I feel certain it will turn red." Would you feel that I was basing my entire thesis on nothing more than a feeling even after I went further to identify my reasons being the angle of the sun in relation to the thickness of the atmosphere. Would you discount my future opinions based on the inclusion of the simple statement, "I have a feeling?"
Sorry if it came across that way.  I was failing to see something substantive.  Now I see you believe people's 'persceptions' irrespective of whether they have a basis in reason is a basis on which to invest.  We'll have to agree to disagree on that one I'm afraid.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:59:28 PM

Maybe a word about litecoin... If you speculate little bit. Ltc/Btc is 0.029 right now, which is really low if you ask me. Normal ratio was 0.037 and it was allready over 0.05. Of course it can go also down.
So, if you buy some litecoins now and wait for a few months or a year, you can grow your btc stash without trading... just converse them to btc anytime you want at bigger ratio.
And I need to say that I'm 70% btc/ 30% ltc... In case anyone thinks I'm just trolling about ltc  Wink
Anywhere with good charts on this?

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:27:38 PM

Litecoin isn't going anywhere.

Litecoin IS mined by a more miners and is therefore less centralized in terms of mining, making it more stable against a 51% attack.

People are always going to want an alternative. Right now, litecoin transactions confirm faster - I don't see that changing, it was designed to be that way. Faster TX times has value to a lot of people.

Why people spread FUD about litecoin is beyond me. The price of bitcoin is going to the moon either way. But to think that an amazing new invention like cryptocurrencies is going to be limited to one brand is just totally stupid. I can only guess they are statists since those types of people see the world upside-down and think damn near everything should be monopolized/centralized.

I'm grumpy!!
pungopete468

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:20:20 AM

I most certainly did not agree that at all.  I see no benefit of Litecoin over Bitcoin.  What I see is value perpetuated by a misunderstanding, even, one could say, a delusion.  The problem for me with delusions is I can't be confident people won't get a light bulb moment and go 'Doh!  How come I didn't see that before' and they are deluded no more.  And in this day and age it only takes an effective meme for that to spread.  Then of what value is Litecoin?

Sorry if it came across that way.  I was failing to see something substantive.  Now I see you believe people's 'persceptions' irrespective of whether they have a basis in reason is a basis on which to invest.  We'll have to agree to disagree on that one I'm afraid.

We can agree to disagree.

I do believe that the perception by the masses is a major market price driver regardless of the reasoning behind it or the accuracy of the perception. Value in anything be it platinum, oil, Bitcoin, or Litecoin is based by nothing more than a mass perception of value given by the people who desire to buy it and sell it. The market won't distinguish between Bitcoin and Litecoin overall because not enough of the population will care about or even understand the small differences between them. Both coins accomplish the same goal and both coins are a "strange and new" concept to them.

Litecoin might not have the "first mover" status but the same exchanges who provide merchants with the ability to safely accept Bitcoin will soon allow those merchants to accept Litecoin too. Litecoin has a large enough following to make an exchange service profitable. Basic laws of economics provide that if money exists to be made by offering a service then it's only a matter of time before somebody capitalizes...

I guess time will tell.

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████