Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:37:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We need to change our mindset  (Read 502 times)
pkmoney (OP)

Activity: 205
Merit: 29

Love yourself.

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 04:39:41 AM

After watching a lot of threads, I think we specially the newbies should have clear idea about bitcointalk.org, that's why I'm trying to pointing out those which may change your mindset and help you to be an asset of the forum.

A common issue on the forum is "merit and rank up".

Most of us are too disappointed with the new merit system because it seems too hard (though it is not hard enough)
An example- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4104852.0

So, what is bitcointalk?
It is a forum, we all know. And what it means actually?
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

It's a place where we can share our ideas. We can have discussion on some specific subject.
So, being a member of bitcointalk indicates that you have joined here for having some knowledge about cryptocurrency.
Are we really doing that? Most of us are here for having a "Passive Income"

I was new here on bitcointalk in december 2017 after a friend told me to register. All was going well I was reading a lot in this forum and I had my activity points and was a Junior member. I earned 5$ a week because of my signature but I think in January they begun with this merit system and suddenly my account could not get no upgrade anymore. But if this is not worse enough there are "scam hunters" they accused me with cheating, trading merits, alt account and posting only shit.
They screwed me because these people are working together and accusing other people with scam but they do the most biggest scams on this forum. Because they are trading crossly merits with each other they have much power and much merits, the only thing they want to do is not to share the money they can earn.
Now I am only once in a month maybe on this forum because I do not like this kind of shit, and accuses, it is really sad and I  hope this forum will not lose all his popularity because of this kind of people who think they are smart because they have the power and earned much easy points before and now are trading themself with merits

It is an example only, there are a lot of threads related to it.
You are joining a forum for earning only? Make sense? You don't actually deserve a place here on the forum.

We need to change our mindset, we should take bitcointalk as a place of gathering knowledge, sharing your views, not a place of earning only.

Thanks

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theyoungmillionaire

Activity: 375
Merit: 1021

Just in case no one loves you, I love you 3000.

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:09:22 AM
Last edit: May 22, 2018, 09:48:50 AM by theyoungmillionaire
Merited by TMAN (5), mprep (1), vlad230 (1)

You are joining a forum for earning only? Make sense? You don't actually deserve a place here on the forum.
we should take bitcointalk as a place of gathering knowledge, sharing your views, not a place of earning only.

Thanks

Hi, pkmoney,
I am glad to hear that after 4years and 6months of your membership here in bitcointalk you finally realized to change your mindset. However, upon checking your latest post(s), I was a bit disappointed to see some:

I have an account with 5000+ followers woth 95% audit score. Can you please offer your price per retweet?
Hope to have a good deal.
Thanks.

I love to join airdrop. Don't miss any of them. You know it's the best way to earn some free money without doing almost nothing.

Let us face the reality that most people are here to earn money; you can also admit it to yourself. We cannot help them by changing their mindsets, different people with dissimilar reason(s). I need knowledge to earn money, so earning is the core why we are here. We just need to shift things on how we will gain our earnings. Bitcoin is a decentralized technology, which is freedom. Spammers will just go away soon, because of "merit and rank up".

Nice to know you, mate. See you around.

Happy Pizza Day!
Here is the blockchain transaction:  
https://blockchain.info/tx/a1075db55d416d3ca199f55b6084e2115b9345e16c5cf302fc80e9d5fbf5d48d

pkmoney (OP)

Love yourself.

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:30:03 AM

we should take bitcointalk as a place of gathering knowledge, sharing your views, not a place of earning only.

Thanks

Hi, pkmoney,
I am glad to hear that after 4years and 6months of your membership here in bitcointalk you finally realized to change your mindset. However, upon checking your latest post(s), I was a bit disappointed to see some:

I have an account with 5000+ followers woth 95% audit score. Can you please offer your price per retweet?
Hope to have a good deal.
Thanks.

I love to join airdrop. Don't miss any of them. You know it's the best way to earn some free money without doing almost nothing.

Let us face the reality that most people are here to earn money; you can also admit it to yourself. We cannot help them by changing their mindsets, different people with dissimilar reason(s). I need knowledge to earn money, so earning is the core why we are here. We just need to shift things on how we will gain our earnings. Bitcoin is a decentralized technology, which is freedom. Spammers will just go away soon because of "merit and rank up".

Nice to know you, mate. See you around.

Happy Pizza Day!
Here is the blockchain transaction:  
https://blockchain.info/tx/a1075db55d416d3ca199f55b6084e2115b9345e16c5cf302fc80e9d5fbf5d48d

Thanks for having a look at my posts. Of course, I'm also here for money but this thread is about change the mindset, I mean we shouldn't only focus on earning money rather we need to cooperate people.

Edit- Learning or cooperating is not secondary. It is the core purpose of a forum.
Earning is the secondary.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
jassicaket

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:57:50 AM

After watching a lot of threads, I think we specially the newbies should have clear idea about bitcointalk.org, that's why I'm trying to pointing out those which may change your mindset and help you to be an asset of the forum.

Most of us are too disappointed with the new merit system because it seems too hard (though it is not hard enough)

So, what is bitcointalk?
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

It's a place where we can share our ideas. We can have discussion on some specific subject.
So, being a member of bitcointalk indicates that you have joined here for having some knowledge about cryptocurrency.

I was new here on bitcointalk in december 2017 after a friend told me to register. All was going well I was reading a lot in this forum and I had my activity points and was a Junior member. I earned 5$ a week because of my signature but I think in January they begun with this merit system and suddenly my account could not get no upgrade anymore. But if this is not worse enough there are "scam hunters" they accused me with cheating, trading merits, alt account and posting only shit.
They screwed me because these people are working together and accusing other people with scam but they do the most biggest scams on this forum. Because they are trading crossly merits with each other they have much power and much merits, the only thing they want to do is not to share the money they can earn.
Now I am only once in a month maybe on this forum because I do not like this kind of shit, and accuses, it is really sad and I  hope this forum will not lose all his popularity because of this kind of people who think they are smart because they have the power and earned much easy points before and now are trading themself with merits

We need to change our mindset, we should take bitcointalk as a place of gathering knowledge, sharing your views, not a place of earning only.

Thanks
yes need to change our mind/thinking, not only joining & earning money this bitcointalk base forum, many people join bitcointalk only for earning some money, many people are very lazy They are do not try to learn and help others people, very sad this thinking  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 09:37:28 AM

I agree with what you are saying but if you are asking for others to change their mindset? I don't think it will happen in an instant or even in 1 -2 months. Lets admit it that more people are coming here on the forum for the purpose of earning instead of learning.

In my opinion, I don't think that we should encourage others to change their mindsets because it will be useless. Even though you have posted this, nothing will happen. There are some people who are joining in the campaigns and at the same time, posting good posts while there are others who are just posting their links on the bounty campaign, social media reports in particular. Let them be Smiley

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jassicaket

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:40:43 AM

In my opinion, I don't think that we should encourage others to change their mindsets because it will be useless. Even though you have posted this, nothing will happen. There are some people who are joining in the campaigns and at the same time, posting good posts while there are others who are just posting their links on the bounty campaign, social media reports in particular. Let them be Smiley

I agree with your opinion, some people do not stop it because it is big problem this time I am not sure but if everyone wanted to solve this problem so I think one-day solved possibly.
Alone055

Activity: 1050
Merit: 204

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 12:19:37 PM

Yet another failed attempt of getting Merits by showing concern about the forum and its purpose.
I'm really tired of them now.

P.S: Change yourself first, and don't ask others to not do something that you are doing yourself. It makes you look bad, not good.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 02:43:29 PM
Merited by TMAN (2)

Its because shitposters coming from some specific countries are spending time on this forum doing some bounties and other other methods of begging for shittoken airdrops in order to get paid. They dont want to educated themselves to get a real job.

Actually merit is hard to gather for the newbies and shitposters. But even though it may seem "easy" for established older members, it is not easy at all. The main problem with merit is that it tries to address a problem (of spam and shitposts) by another system which is susceptible to abuse via merit trades.

Thanks
The shitposters will never change their mindset. For them this is "free money" and in my time spend on this forum I have often come across this phrase from shitposters : "who does not like free money" - How do you expect such scumbags to improve their mindset?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:08:59 PM

It's normal to see people want to earn money from different way but yeah , the way they do are ignore post quality which made the forum's quality down.
But in other side, forum traffic increase and for who spend their money to advertise on this forum do not stupid ,right ? Becayse they see forum in different way !
dumedoiiph

Activity: 97
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:22:13 AM

You might be wrong at some extent!
Shitposters don't not only contribute to dump the general quality of forum threads, but also massively create common dissapointed feelings from users (both old ones and newcomers).
No one want to see their shitshows everywhere in the forum, which in turn make readers really hard to find informative threads for their needs.
It's normal to see people want to earn money from different way but yeah , the way they do are ignore post quality which made the forum's quality down.

In my opinion, the correlations between forum traffic, shitposters, and forum threads' quality are mututal ones.
But in other side, forum traffic increase and for who spend their money to advertise on this forum do not stupid ,right ? Becayse they see forum in different way !

betchay22

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:12:11 PM

So, what is bitcointalk?

Thanks

People's first motive why they join bitcoin is to earn money.  They don't came here to learn.  Let's face it.  But as they go along the way, they began to learn more and they acquire knowledge pertaining to bitcoin.  They also learn how to improve their english skills as it is needed here.  They keep on exploring and studying about bitcoin so they can relate it to the forum.  With regards to changing mindset,  it is their choice.  They have their own perspective and priority.  For me, it goes together.  You learn at the same time you earn.

GLOBEX SCI   [ $250 Billion Scientific Knowledge Available to EVERYONE ]
     JOIN PRE-ICO   ────  February 7th  ─────
ummart66

Activity: 93
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:30:22 PM

Honestly, I only joined this forum to make money. Unfortunately I don't think this is the best place to actually learn about crypto, due to the fact that the majority of posts here are just people trying to earn money.

I much rather learn about crypto on other forums, and group messaging apps because these places don't directly pay out it's members for posting, so I feel like most posts are more-or-less genuine. Of course, you will still have people shilling their coins because they've bought in and need the price to rise, but that will occur everywhere. I just feel that in other places you're not really 'required' to post to gain activity or merits, so the posts that you do read are written by people truly passionate about what they are writing.

Here, unfortunately you have a quota to fill- you need to post to increase your activity number, you need a certain number of posts to stay active in bounties, you need good posts to gain merit. There's just too much 'forced activity' in my opinion, and this definitely results in the quality of posts being diluted.

For example, if I encountered the original post on a different site I'd quickly read through it, and say to myself "yeah, you know... He's right about this, but I don't agree with everything". I'd maybe thumb up or like the post, then move on, I definitely wouldn't think anyone would need to or care enough to hear my opinion on the matter. Here, I read the post and thought to myself "hey, I have an opinion on this matter, I can share it and increase my activity rating!".

Don't get me wrong, I do like being able to talk/read about crypto and gain crypto for doing so, but I also understand that basically every other post I read is from someone also trying to increase their activity/merit rating.

The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6832

Cashback 15%

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:35:47 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2), TMAN (2)

Honestly, I only joined this forum to make money. Unfortunately I don't think this is the best place to actually learn about crypto, due to the fact that the majority of posts here are just people trying to earn money.
Great, you're part of the shitposting posse responsible for ruining the level of discussion.  You realize the problem and admitted you're part of it--so take a hike.

OP is obviously using the sophisticated merit begging technique we've seen so many times, and his post is fairly poorly-written as well.  Telling other people to vaguely change their attitude whilst attempting to conceal his true purpose of earning merit is aggravating.  Just go away.

I am glad to hear that after 4years and 6months of your membership here in bitcointalk
Hmmm...I'll have to take a look at his post history.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 04:19:38 PM

I think the fact that mindset is in the singular in the title is indicative of something. I don't think that the members of Bitcoin Talk have a single mindset, but that there is a rich variety of experience and knowledge here. Unfortunately the new members do hve a single mindset, and this is why I think their posting abilities should be restricted until the forum feels that they can be trusted to post on the main boards.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
pandaki85

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:33:33 PM

In my opinion, they're reflecting to other posts (maybe yours). This is not a fresh issue. If you wanted to solve this problem, please start with yours. Post some good threads then we will see. It would be reflected like a mirror.

Having a passive income, why not? Love to earning while learning. We need to see in a different way, that's how mindset would be changed I guess. Stay cool!  Cool
Mariksa

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:51:15 PM

Yet another failed attempt of getting Merits by showing concern about the forum and its purpose.

P.S: Change yourself first, and don't ask others to not do something that you are doing yourself. It makes you look bad, not good.

Why do you think he is trying to get merits this way? He is just concerned about what is happening to this forum. Yes, many people are here just to earn money. We must ensure that this does not become our only purpose of being on this forum. And as many here already said, we have to change ourselves first.
nakamura12

Activity: 2268
Merit: 669

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:57:25 PM

No matter what people set their mindset like learning/gaining information to earn merit and after that it will be set again to earning money after gaining enough useful information that is meritable, after all we are discussing cryptocurrency which is why bitcointalk is created base on bitcoin which is cryptocurrency as we know it.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:01:26 PM

It's necessary for every new member to have a look around the forum first and not just having money at the fore front. When I fist joined I got here because all my friends were here and with time I learnt I could earn money but before then I was a bit conversant with the forum and for that I am always grateful. For knowledge acquired from here and money as well
motienvolam

Activity: 291
Merit: 20

I love my wife and my little girl

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:38:48 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2019, 06:11:39 AM by motienvolam

They should learn about the forum structures, functions, basic rules, helpful topics on essential stuffs, like those ones:
[Tips] Guide for forum search
Unofficial rules of bitcointalk forum
and  a lot more topics, which you should find them by yourself and for your interests.
It's necessary for every new member to have a look around the forum first
pkmoney (OP)

Love yourself.

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:56:30 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2018, 04:16:48 AM by pkmoney

Hmmm...I'll have to take a look at his post history.
If you are looking for any specific info, just mention. I will tell you here or PM you. I don't want people like you wasting time  Grin

Hello, seems you can read people's mind. Not bad.
You were active before the merit system. Do you know you have created 4 threads till now, 3 of those are this kind of.

Hello There!

Recently, I have noticed that the majority of newbies right after joining the forum, or making some posts somewhere else, come here and open a thread for just saying "Hi, I'm new here" or "Hello, I'm new to this forum" etc. Which is totally not needed. I mean, I can understand how you feel (as I have been where you are right now), but the forum is for you to read, understand and learn about Bitcoin, or any other cryptocurrency that exists. The purpose of this forum is not to introduce people to one another, but to share information with each other, which is what our aim should be, right from the start. We should not think of ourselves that "I'm just a newbie, what can I provide for others?", "I don't even understand how the things work yet.", but we should think why not? We have all the resources to learn the things that experts have. They don't/didn't travel to other worlds to learn the things, but they did it from where we are. So why can't we do that? Why don't we do that too? Instead of showing others that we know nothing, why don't we show them that we can also know what they know? Of course anyone can do that! with just a little efforts put in on something. All you got to do is to read, and read, and read, and understand. If you are here (in the forum) to learn something, then please, do that with honesty.

Okay, so what my point is, that if you are new, whether in Bitcoin or in this forum, don't just come here and post "Hi, welcome me! I'm new here", but instead, invest some of your time in reading some useful threads around the forum that you won't find difficult to get if you really look for them, and believe me, you will be interacting with others in the same way how the users with higher ranks do. But only if you be honest in doing so.

It is never about being new or old, it is all about understanding level of someone. If you can understand the things, you won't need to be an old user to know the things.

Try it! You won't regret.
Regards.

The thread is excessively over-flooded with useless posts. There are no proper discussions going on in that thread, nor there is any need of a discussion in there I guess. The first post of the thread carries the information that a user needs to know about the system, other than that, there is nothing useful in there. The thread has become a place for people to post utterly useless posts like "I need merits", "Merit is good", "Explain merit to me" etcetra.
Thus, I think, it would be better to just lock the thread and pin it there. So that anyone willing to know about the system can open it and read the OP and just leave without leaving his not-needed feedback in there too.

Hi everyone.

I know it might not sound a really good idea, or may no one agree with me, but I think it can (at least to some extent) reduce the spam threads popping up every day in every section/board of the forum.

We all know, of course because we see it all the time, that every new and useless thread carrying a thought/question that makes no sense at all is created by someone within the ranks of Brand New and Jr. member. Such threads give other people around them a chance to start spamming it with their useless replies. Thus, a thread started with a baseless argument ends up receiving over 100 pages of shit. And we are not talking about just one, but they are in hundreds, increasing everyday with a quite good pace. The users get tired of reporting, and the mods get tired of deleting them. So why not stop this all at once?

So, the basic idea that I propose to stop all this, is to restrict accounts below "Member" rank from creating new threads in most of the sections/boards, excluding a few like "Beginners & Help" or some other where they can freely post anything they wish as these boards are made specially for noobs and to help them. Doing so will absolutely reduce a very large number of useless threads started in almost every single thread of this forum.
It can obviously be implemented with changes, but I just wanted to propose the basic idea.

Suggestions/arguments are welcome.

Thanks for making me understood that both of us did attempt to gain merit but failed  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: