Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:34:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin part of the coming mark of the beast?  (Read 7465 times)
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:58:59 AM

Religion = what came and went was just an illusion

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Griegura

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:04:53 AM

Yeap... and this is how someone can have a serious conversation about bitcoin and the devil.  Grin
"Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God."

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱  MAY 1st   [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████    FACEBOOK       TWITTER       LINKEDIN       MEDIUM       TELEGRAM    ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:34:19 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 04:46:00 AM by Augusto Croppo

That are not numbers in case you do not know anything about bar codes. That are bars without any numeric value to allow the scanner determine the geometric coherence of the bar code. Therefore, the image you post is presenting a wrong interpretation of what that means in a bar code.

http://www.adams1.com/upccode.html

The two six-digit patterns are surrounded by left, center and right guard patterns. The left six digits use odd parity encodation while the right six digits use even parity encodation.

(...)

A typical UPC Version A symbol has center guard bars in the center of the symbol which are longer than the other bars. This divides the symbol into a right and left half. This division allows the symbol to scan in any orientation. The moving beam laser bar code reader in grocery stores produces orthogonal scanning beams either in a cross, starburst, or figure-eight. At least one beam will then pass through each half of the symbol, since the symbol's height is at least equal to half of the length of the symbol.

http://www.barcoding.com/upc/

Ooops. Look like not all number 6 use the same pattern...
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:44:03 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 05:06:41 AM by BitChick

That are not numbers in case you do not know anything about bar codes. That are bars without any numeric value to allow the scanner determine the geometric coherence of the bar code. Therefore, the image you post is presenting a wrong interpretation of what that means in a bar code.

The two six-digit patterns are surrounded by left, center and right guard patterns. The left six digits use odd parity encodation while the right six digits use even parity encodation.

(...)

A typical UPC Version A symbol has center guard bars in the center of the symbol which are longer than the other bars. This divides the symbol into a right and left half. This division allows the symbol to scan in any orientation. The moving beam laser bar code reader in grocery stores produces orthogonal scanning beams either in a cross, starburst, or figure-eight. At least one beam will then pass through each half of the symbol, since the symbol's height is at least equal to half of the length of the symbol.

Sure you can say "It is not actually numbers.  Those lines don't mean anything" and so on.  But I personally think it is pretty crazy that when John wrote the book of Revelation and foretold that there would be a number that needed to be "calculated" that had man's number 666 in it to buy and sell that we actually do use a mark that has a number that could be "calculated" that has what looks like 666 embedded in it.  Call it random chance if you want.  You have the free will to do that.  I think that perhaps it is something that takes Spiritual insight to see anyways.  There will even be some people that call themselves "Christians" that will have absolutely no problem taking a bar code on their hand or forehead because it is "just a barcode" and there is no 666 on it they will say, but it is foolish to think that everyone will walk around with an obvious and large 666 on their hands.  That makes no sense.  

Here is the verse in Revelation 13 for reference:

16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e] That number is 666.

And I am aware that the pattern for the 6 in the first half of the bar-code is different than the 6 in the second half.  But there are still three unaccounted lines without numbers on barcodes.  You can justify this however you want.  I personally think it is pretty cool that the Bible foretells that there will be a number of any kind used to buy and sell.  This would have been beyond anyone's understanding back then.  Only God could have know this.  

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 04:55:11 AM

(...)

Sshh this is a conspiracy theory

solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:56:55 AM

But there are still three unaccounted lines without numbers on barcodes.

Those three double-bars are registration marks (finder symbols), just as QR codes have three squares. They are so readers can locate the image properly. They do not have any numeric value.

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:57:34 AM

(...)

Who's conspiracy theory? Satan's?

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:01:25 AM

Those three double-bars are registration marks, just as QR codes have three squares. They are so readers can locate the image properly. They do not have any numeric value.

Sure.  There is no "numeric value."  However, are the lines there?  Those lines are the one thing that is uniform on all of the barcodes in the world. If we hold several barcodes next to each other and ask the question, "What is the one thing these all have in common?"  What would the answer be?  There would be a distinct pattern.  There would be two lines in the front, middle and the end that are identical.  If every person had to put one of these on their hands or foreheads to buy or sell what would be the one thing that they all had in common?  It would be this pattern.  Call it random if you want.  Pretend that the lines do not match the "6" in the second half of barcodes if you want.  You have that right but like the saying goes, I think if it "looks like a duck, walks like a duck, acts like a duck.  It is a duck."

Also, Revelation says that the number needs to be "calculated."  This implies it will not be obvious but it is more of a puzzle to be deciphered.  All the more reason that it is not obvious sixes but just hidden ones in the form of "spacers."

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:06:59 AM

Sure you can say "It is not actually numbers.  Those lines don't mean anything" and so on.  But I personally think it is pretty crazy that when John wrote the book of Revelation and foretold that there would be a number that needed to be "calculated" that had man's number 666 in it to buy and sell that we actually do use a mark that has a number that could be "calculated" that has 666 embedded in it.  Call it random chance if you want.  You have the free will to do that.  I think that perhaps it is something that takes Spiritual insight to see anyways.

There is no number there to be "calculated". How many times I have to repeat this to you understand that? That bars are not there by "random chance", they are there because it was designed to be there! Without that bars it would be impossible to use the bar code without a high rate of reading errors.

Also, Revelation says that the number needs to be "calculated."  This implies it will not be obvious but it is more of a puzzle to be deciphered.  All the more reason that it is not obvious sixes but just hidden ones in the form of "spacers."

A bar code is not a puzzle and any calculation involved in the scanning process is just there to validate the code. There is not hidden number there because that bars do not represent numbers. Let me repeat to you. THAT BARS DO NOT REPRESENT ANY NUMBER!

Please, stop to spread misinformation.
solex
Legendary

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:09:20 AM

Those three double-bars are registration marks, just as QR codes have three squares. They are so readers can locate the image properly. They do not have any numeric value.

Sure.  There is no "numeric value."  However, are the lines there?  Those lines are the one thing that is uniform on all of the barcodes in the world. ...  Call it random if you want. ...

Of course they are common to all bar codes - they are so that readers can find the bar codes! All QR codes have 3-squares. So they can be found. Did I say random? I am saying the exact opposite. The bars are designed to be read in all conditions, on a pack of frozen peas, whatever.

Anyway, the double bar registration marks are more like "3" than anything else (or maybe a "7", or maybe "8").

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:10:43 AM

Right hand or forehead?  BTC symbol?

Lol!  So much for the plan to stop drinking, eh?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
CryptoWA

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:12:47 AM

Maybe the person designing the barcode did it just to mess with Christian-nutjobs small brains.

Excellent troll..
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:13:28 AM

Sure you can say "It is not actually numbers.  Those lines don't mean anything" and so on.  But I personally think it is pretty crazy that when John wrote the book of Revelation and foretold that there would be a number that needed to be "calculated" that had man's number 666 in it to buy and sell that we actually do use a mark that has a number that could be "calculated" that has 666 embedded in it.  Call it random chance if you want.  You have the free will to do that.  I think that perhaps it is something that takes Spiritual insight to see anyways.

There is no number there to be "calculated". How many times I have to repeat this to you understand that? That bars are not there by "random chance", they are there because it was designed to be there! Without that bars it would be impossible to use the bar code without a high rate of reading errors.

From Revelation: "This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast."

Wisdom and insight?  This is something only God can give.

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:21:17 AM

I guess for clarification:

Are barcodes used to buy and sell?

Do they have a distinct pattern with numbers that appear to "by chance" match the 6 that appears in the second half of all barcodes?

Then do all barcodes have a pattern of 6,6,6 on them? 

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:21:51 AM

And I am aware that the pattern for the 6 in the first half of the bar-code is different than the 6 in the second half.  But there are still three unaccounted lines without numbers on barcodes.  You can justify this however you want.

I am not justifying anything. I am stating facts and demonstrating that your belief is based on a wrong interpretation of how the bar code works. I have already show what is the purpose of  "three unaccounted lines without numbers". Your incredulity is not going to change how the bar codes works.

I personally think it is pretty cool that the Bible foretells that there will be a number of any kind used to buy and sell.  This would have been beyond anyone's understanding back then.  Only God could have know this.

It seems is still beyond your understanding right now...

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:25:47 AM

No, it is called Universal Product Code or UPC barcode and was developed in 1973.
solex
Legendary

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:30:14 AM

I guess for clarification:

Are barcodes used to buy and sell?

Do they have a distinct pattern with numbers that appear to "by chance" match the 6 that appears in the second half of all barcodes?

Then do all barcodes have a pattern of 6,6,6 on them?  

Yes. No. No.

However, today you have given me a revelation!  It is a revelation to me that anyone could infer 2,000 year old mysticism from something as harmless as a product bar code, and worse, allow that belief to affect their life. Amazing.

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:35:55 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 05:52:21 AM by BitChick

And I am aware that the pattern for the 6 in the first half of the bar-code is different than the 6 in the second half.  But there are still three unaccounted lines without numbers on barcodes.  You can justify this however you want.

I am not justifying anything. I am stating facts and demonstrating that your belief is based on a wrong interpretation of how the bar code works. I have already show what is the purpose of  "three unaccounted lines without numbers". Your incredulity is not going to change how the bar codes works.

I personally think it is pretty cool that the Bible foretells that there will be a number of any kind used to buy and sell.  This would have been beyond anyone's understanding back then.  Only God could have know this.

It seems is still beyond your understanding right now...

The book of Revelation was written around AD 95.  How would someone in that time period describe a mark on our hands to buy and sell?  I guess what the "number" is on the mark is pretty irrelevant anyways.  As a Christian I will not take a mark on my hand or forehead regardless of what it looks like to buy and sell.  I fear God too much to do that.  But I just find it really fascinating that the Bible foretells this and I personally think that it will be barcodes.  All countries on earth are set up to scan them already.  There is some evidence of each bar code having what could be interpreted as a 6 6 6 on it with the lines. I would think it is enough to validate what is written in Revelation anyways, that the number takes wisdom to see.  That shows that it won't be obvious, which this is not.

I know that many people think Christians are crazy.  I suppose it looks that way to most people.  I can see that.  But Jesus has changed my life, as trite as it sounds.  I often see so many people afraid of so many things but thanks to Him I don't have to fear, whatever may come, be it a new-world order that actually kills Christians for not taking a mark.  Christians will have to suffer greatly at the hands of men according to Revelation.  Fortunately in the end Jesus wins so it is but a fleeting time of sorrows.

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:39:13 AM

However, are the lines there?

Yes, the lines are there.

Those lines are the one thing that is uniform on all of the barcodes in the world. If we hold several barcodes next to each other and ask the question, "What is the one thing these all have in common?"  What would the answer be?

Lines and spaces.

There would be a distinct pattern.  There would be two lines in the front, middle and the end that are identical.

Nope.

If every person had to put one of these on their hands or foreheads to buy or sell what would be the one thing that they all had in common?

Stupidity?

It would be this pattern.  Call it random if you want.

No one called random and no will call random because it is NOT RANDOM!

Pretend that the lines do not match the "6" in the second half of barcodes if you want.

It is not a pretension, it is an invariable fact.

You have that right but like the saying goes, I think if it "looks like a duck, walks like a duck, acts like a duck.  It is a duck."

Worst line of argumentation presented so far... What mere straight lines in a bar code has anything to do with the concept of decimal numbers?

Also, Revelation says that the number needs to be "calculated."  This implies it will not be obvious but it is more of a puzzle to be deciphered.  All the more reason that it is not obvious sixes but just hidden ones in the form of "spacers."

Right... Please, explain how your misinterpretation of lines in a bar code represents any calculation whatsoever? 1 line plus 1 space plus 1 line is equal to six?

Roll Eyes
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:43:41 AM

Maybe the person designing the barcode did it just to mess with Christian-nutjobs small brains.

Excellent troll..

ROFL!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: