Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:27:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin part of the coming mark of the beast?  (Read 7454 times)
cobragt427

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:17:42 AM

Whatever is the case. No one can deny that it is now technologically feasible to satisfy revelations 13:17.  Where before we could use cash to avoid such a law, in a bitcoin protocol world, every single transaction can be tracked.

I suspect that control won't come from the protocol itself. The control will come from laws that implement scanners which require a private key plus ID proof (maybe fingerprint but eventually DNA). One reason for this could be to "prevent terrorism".

We are many years from that day but no one can deny that the technology exists today. Already I note that people are producing encrypted private keys using the grain of wood as the encoding mechanism. Soon it will be fingerprints then the next step is to use DNA.

your assuming that all other currencies are rejected worldwide and bitcoin emerges the dominant and sole means of currency with that.... which i really dont think is that likely as long as there is real and solid GOLD SILVER AND OTHER PRECIOUS METALS available on the planet.
[/quote]
I agree which is why the government will ONCE AGAIN STEAL everyone's precious metals and "pay a fair price for it". This is not a theory but history repeating itself. I believe it was Roosevelt who last confiscated all the gold. What makes you think they wouldn't do it again?
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 05:34:24 AM

I've thought about this. There are two characteristics that the biblical currency needs to have: 1. Controlled (like the dollar) and 2. Globally accepted (where bitcoin is going). So far no currencies qualify.

I got some bad news for you.

The US Dollar is probably the most universally accepted currency on the planet.

Why not take your primitive, bronze age superstitous crap elsewhere?

My $.02.

Sad

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:10:33 AM

your assuming that all other currencies are rejected worldwide and bitcoin emerges the dominant and sole means of currency with that.... which i really dont think is that likely as long as there is real and solid GOLD SILVER AND OTHER PRECIOUS METALS available on the planet.
This is true.  But it will be something like this: "Sir, please scan your right forearm here so we can buy that gold from you."

It is not inconceivable that every baby will have its DNA stored on a decentralised protocol for id purposes.  The justifications are; the protocol is decentralised so no one controls it, it will be pseudonymous or even private, it will ensure that the person transacting is the right person. 

So for a transaction to occur, you would need your private key plus your dna signature. 
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:37:28 AM

This is true.  But it will be something like this: "Sir, please scan your right forearm here so we can buy that gold from you."

It is not inconceivable that every baby will have its DNA stored on a decentralised protocol for id purposes.  The justifications are; the protocol is decentralised so no one controls it, it will be pseudonymous or even private, it will ensure that the person transacting is the right person. 

So for a transaction to occur, you would need your private key plus your dna signature. 

In theory it should not be particularly impossible to recognize individuals by their genetics then all kinds of interesting things become possible.  Among them, designing something like a 100% mortality illness to which only a specific individual was susceptible.  In that case it would be fairly straightforward to issue and execute capital punishment order without the hassle of trying to round someone up.

A slight modification would be to have a cure for the otherwise terminal illness in which case anyone who was wanted by the authorities would be pretty likely to turn himself/herself in.  Should they still refuse to do so the problem will solve itself.

Of course what we'll need is a fairly complete catalog of every individual's genetic material and a reasonable mapping...I'm sure nobody is working on that.

(Oh ya...best not to be an identical twin if it can be avoided...)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Lloydie

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:45:49 AM

In theory it should not be particularly impossible to recognize individuals by their genetics then all kinds of interesting things become possible.  Among them, designing something like a 100% mortality illness to which only a specific individual was susceptible.  In that case it would be fairly straightforward to issue and execute capital punishment order without the hassle of trying to round someone up.

A slight modification would be to have a cure for the otherwise terminal illness in which case anyone who was wanted by the authorities would be pretty likely to turn himself/herself in.  Should they still refuse to do so the problem will solve itself.

Of course what we'll need is a fairly complete catalog of every individual's genetic material and a reasonable mapping...I'm sure nobody is working on that.

(Oh ya...best not to be an identical twin if it can be avoided...)

Whoa... I'll counter that with genetic engineering via gene doping. 
wb5hvh

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 01:16:40 PM

But there are still three unaccounted lines without numbers on barcodes.

Those three double-bars are registration marks (finder symbols), just as QR codes have three squares. They are so readers can locate the image properly. They do not have any numeric value.

http://www.barcodeart.com/artwork/collages/diagram/diagram.gif

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/2-d-barcode-diagram-a-gif.gif

Every dark line in a UPC code represents a 1 and every space represents a 0.  Thicker dark lines represent 2 or more 1's and wider spaces represent 2 or more 0's.  The three guard patterns are 101 in binary.  They not only do what has been previously mentioned but they set the timing for the scan giving the reader the width of a 1.  101 is 5 in decimal but we are using binary here and so we count from zero.  101 is the 6th digit in binary.  These guard patterns of 101 are the only thing that never change in a UPC mark.  Even on the abbreviated 1/2 UPC, they are read three times, left, center (end), then left again.  Always 6th, 6th, 6th.
sawani

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:18:59 PM

Yeap... and this is how someone can have a serious conversation about bitcoin and the devil.  Grin
"Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God."
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:44:29 AM

What is the mark of beast? Sorry Grin
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:55:36 PM

The number "666", although even 555 will do when you are looking really hard for it.

101 is 5 in decimal but we are using binary here and so we count from zero.  101 is the 6th digit in binary.  These guard patterns of 101 are the only thing that never change in a UPC mark.  Even on the abbreviated 1/2 UPC, they are read three times, left, center (end), then left again.  Always 6th, 6th, 6th.

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 07:43:17 PM

Good question, sounds like some psycho talk.

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
DanielVG

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 09:14:05 PM

Something religious, satanic. i think.
I'm not an expert in religiousness.

The only thing i know is that a guy named jebus ate some shrooms couple of thousand years ago, the feds busted him and he died.
the end.

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 11:08:53 PM

Probably trolling but hey, here is some info: http://christianity.about.com/od/endtimestopicalstudy/a/Mark-Of-The-Beast.htm

It is certainly something everyone should think about, regardless of your beliefs. Maybe right now you think it is crazy but when the start putting marks on people's hands or foreheads hopefully this will make us all pause and reflect before actually allowing a mark to be put on us. 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:51:22 PM

Probably trolling but hey, here is some info: http://christianity.about.com/od/endtimestopicalstudy/a/Mark-Of-The-Beast.htm

It is certainly something everyone should think about, regardless of your beliefs. Maybe right now you think it is crazy but when the start putting marks on people's hands or foreheads hopefully this will make us all pause and reflect before actually allowing a mark to be put on us. 
The what? Who will start? Green people from space? Wtf did I just read  Huh

██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Booboo

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:17:49 PM

For sure.
AlfaONE

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:40:12 AM

not going anywhere.......

"Together we stand for a fairness and truth"
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 08:37:33 PM

The what? Who will start? Green people from space? Wtf did I just read  Huh

Typo of course.  I meant to say, "When they start."  However, it could be a single entity.  At some point down the line governments will not like the fact that the power is in the hands of the people.  If banks have no control over how money is spent and the governments are no longer able to control the banks, or vice versa, something will happen to change that.  Putting a mark to buy or sell on people seems like a plausible solution doesn't it?  Even if you don't agree with what the Bible says it should at least raise some eyebrows.  It seems very profound to me that when John was given the book of Revelation something like this was even foreseen so long ago.  

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:13:39 PM

Typo of course.  I meant to say, "When they start."  However, it could be a single entity.  At some point down the line governments will not like the fact that the power is in the hands of the people.  If banks have no control over how money is spent and the governments are no longer able to control the banks, or vice versa, something will happen to change that.  Putting a mark to buy or sell on people seems like a plausible solution doesn't it?  Even if you don't agree with what the Bible says it should at least raise some eyebrows.  It seems very profound to me that when John was given the book of Revelation something like this was even foreseen so long ago.  

I don't find this profound.  People managing animal herds have marked individuals to help with various kinds of tracking and make rational decisions about how to cull the herd and so forth.  Slavery was common in John's time and slaves were often marked.  I think it a fair statement that many people in the higher positions of authority see 'the masses' as being more akin to livestock to be managed (and often enough, exploited) than to 'peers' in a traditional sense.  Having them 'marked' makes sense to anyone who has been involved with or considered the mechanics of herd management.  One of the authors of the bible was careful to stipulate 'free-men and bonds-men' as I recall (not a bible scholar) which I though was notable.

Every individual born (except identical twins) comes with their own high quality markers built in in the form of DNA and the various manifestations of it (e.g., fingerprints, retina patterns, facial features, etc.)  A more convenient interface (a mark or chip) would be nice but not necessary.  One of the Manning documents referenced a directive for state department officials to obtain genetic material samples from foreigners with positions in their respective governments.  That was something like a decade ago.  That there were robust efforts to develop a worldwide database of DNA samples at that time is pretty interesting.  Interesting mostly that the effort and technology existed, but secondarily interesting since obtaining biometric evidence is typically something that intelligence personal would be charged with and it is risky for non-intelligence personal to engage in such activity.  So, it must have been considered a very high value operation.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: