Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:58:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which altcoins will become as popular as bitcoins?  (Read 1436 times)
skingston (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:20:15 AM

Hi,

I'm new here and would like to get people's opinion on which altcoin(s) will be the next big thing. I'm sure bitcoins will continue going strong for some time but eventually I think something new will take over. It usually works that way - the original idea works for while before someone discovers its weak points and builds something better. I've been doing my own research and testing out a few of them, but I would like to hear some (hopefully) unbiased opinions from other forum members.
zemario

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:26:02 AM

Hi,

I'm new here and would like to get people's opinion on which altcoin(s) will be the next big thing. I'm sure bitcoins will continue going strong for some time but eventually I think something new will take over. It usually works that way - the original idea works for while before someone discovers its weak points and builds something better. I've been doing my own research and testing out a few of them, but I would like to hear some (hopefully) unbiased opinions from other forum members.

None.

They are cheap copycats, "launching a coin" is the mid 2010's version of "creating an IRC channel".
sniksen

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:43:55 AM

I agree with you OP, BTC was first, but will not turn out to be the best in the long run. AOL is not the best anymore, nor is MySpace.. However, we can change the BTC protocol and I do not think the coin of the future is launched yet. Try to look for coins that actually brings something new to the market, i.e. innovative. For example, DTC battles censorship with it's data storage and Gridcoin helps in medical research. As the situation is today I trade most my altcoins into BTC, it is the safest bet.
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:48:00 AM

It should be Litecoin, Primecoin, Namecoin.
deepwex

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:12:14 AM

a few, but too early to say who yet Smiley
jonanon

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:15:38 AM

'Gridcoin' - come on, you shouldn't be promoting ridiculous unheard of coins!

It's simple stick to BTC!!! if you must dabble in alts go for LTC, PPC and ANC.

Angry
deepwex

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:19:50 AM

Angry

Agreeing on the altcoins!
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:08:16 AM

Angry

Agreeing on the altcoins!

Namecoins will be the most useful of the altcoins, Litecoins will be the most popular.
sgtstedanko

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Hai!

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:20:26 AM

The coin de jours are good for trading up to ltc/btc if you dont have the hashrate.
AxTeHOM95

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:23:24 AM

Pretty sure LTC will explode at some point.  Not in the near future but down the line once SHA-256 is cracked.
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 05:25:13 AM

Hi,

WDC, DGC, MEC, LOT

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
bctmasterer

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:22:48 AM

Bitbar has moved alot more then i would have ever thought.  Makes we wonder how far it can go now..
djarot

Activity: 350
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:23:58 AM

LTC and PPC
sniksen

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:47:55 AM

Angry

If you read my post you will see that I used it as an example of something innovative, not promoting it. When you read a text you shouldn't think of something to write, you do that after you done reading. just a tip.. And if you haven't heard of Gridcoin you are still very new to this.
julobaco

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:52:04 AM

LTC, XPM.
cryptic4000

Activity: 451

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:53:54 AM

LTC

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:50:29 AM

None

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
ukeden

Activity: 172

If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:54:04 AM

interesting i was wondering the same thing with new coins daily its hard to chose a one earthcoin is one i like  Smiley
zemario

Activity: 194

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:06:31 PM

Pretty sure LTC will explode at some point.  Not in the near future but down the line once SHA-256 is cracked.
I couldn't find a facepalm pic of appropriate magnitude for this comment.
pickaxe.cc

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 12:06:46 PM

In my opinion, Dogecoin is more popular than Litecoin. Probably bitcoin will stay the most popular, but it has a 4 year head start.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: