Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 07:28:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of dying altcoins  (Read 1916 times)
placebo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:32:14 AM

I've created this post to show potential new coin owner that it is not easy money. First you need to get on a exchange, and even when you get on it the volumes are so low that it cost you more to create your coin then that you will earn.

List of already dying altcoins (this is my personal view)

Crapcoin - only 1 pool available anymore with a Poo Hash Rate of 1.6MH/s and difficulty 0.059193
Dubstepcoin - only 1 pool available anymore with a Pool Hash Rate of 0.601MH/s and difficulty is0.06865424
Xmascoin - X-mass is past, so this make sense Smiley No available pool found.
Turbocoin - 2 pools available with no workers.

So before launching a coin make sure that you have something to add in altcoin world else go back to what you were doing before. Please list all other dying coins too, so that we have a nice full list to show the kids that it is not just launching a coin but really working for it, to make it a success.

peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:33:40 AM

Any of those worth saving?

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
roozifus

Activity: 249

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:33:58 AM

Dubstepcoin - only 1 pool available anymore with a Pool Hash Rate of 0.601MH/s and difficulty is0.06865424

If only dubstep would die with it Tongue
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:39:28 AM

Nybble. Some retarded pumped the coin on Cryptsy so it got hit with an insane amount of hashing power. Now its stuck in high diff hell with like 2mhash mining it. It will take months to retarget.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:39:44 AM

I've created this post to show potential new coin owner that it is not easy money. First you need to get on a exchange, and even when you get on it the volumes are so low that it cost you more to create your coin then that you will earn.

Crapcoin - only 1 pool available anymore with a Poo Hash Rate of 1.6MH/s and difficulty 0.059193

So before launching a coin make sure that you have something to add in altcoin world else go back to what you were doing before. Please list all other dying coins too, so that we have a nice full list to show the kids that it is not just launching a coin but really working for it, to make it a success.

Most of the new wave of clones  will die, maybe 5 or 6 of the biggest will last. Most smart hash is on the big ones or LTC. The rest are burning electricity for nothing.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:41:00 AM

Nybble. Some retarded pumped the coin on Cryptsy so it got hit with an insane amount of hashing power. Now its stuck in high diff hell with like 2mhash mining it. It will take months to retarget.

those old coin designs are dead now,  it will need have the diff retarget fixed or just die i guess. CNC was fixed so was ftc. So it's possible.....

placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:44:42 AM

Any of those worth saving?

I don't think so, where are the developers, the owners of the coins, did you see them post something?

If you don't know what to mine you can mine at OGC

http://ogc.steadymining.com/index.php

We are working to get some games ready, but we lost some miners because of too much new coins, the positive thing is that the difficulty is still low, and that there is a team behind the coin.

or you can mine at ESM then that is also ok, as i know that there is also a team working hard to get things resolved.

http://esports.luckyminers.com/

placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:46:43 AM

Same story with UFOcoin, it was at difficulty 6, a lot of miners left, and now 2 guys are mining at difficulty 1.5 and then it will drop to 0.30, and at that moment miners will return, so that is why i didn't put UFOcoin in the list, but infact honestly it should be there too, sad thing Sad
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:50:20 AM

smart devs will make their coins retarget every block.
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:51:22 AM

Most of the new wave of clones  will die, maybe 5 or 6 of the biggest will last. Most smart hash is on the big ones or LTC. The rest are burning electricity for nothing.

Those new coin owner all think LETS MAKE SOME BIG MONEY!!! But without working for your coin you will receive nothing. And it also destroy good small coins that have problems to stay active. For example i know that eSportMoney (ESM) is really working hard but have problems to find hashrate, because it is not premined and difficult to promote. OnlineGamingCoin (OGC) was just bad marketing, and a few mistakes in the beginning but are now also getting their brains together.

I just want that new coins will stop!!! New even newbies are launching a coin....
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:53:09 AM

smart devs will make their coins retarget every block.

Do we have smart devs? I think lately we are having children around that want to earn big money , at least that is what they are thinking. The time of releasing a coin and become rich is over!!! You have to work for it!!
Scribbles646

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 05:52:07 AM

I tryed to get Orbitcoin going, its quite broken.
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:26:25 AM

Are you the owner or so? I've also invested a big amount of money in that one Smiley But Orbitcoin is already trading on cryptsy, yes... so you already have the biggest market. The problem with Orbit is the premined coins. You can motivate people buy give them extra coins when they are mining with you. Also tell the people what you want to sell, what you achieve, what the plans are. Marketing is key in this kind of business, look at coinyee west, new coin, a lot of hype and nothing to offer. Small coins like ESM (eSportMoney) and OGC (OnlineGamingCoin) have a lot more to offer, but having problems with marketing. Now i'm putting some effort in OGC (OnlineGamingCoin) to let them grow again, as it was almost dying, but at least something is happening now on the marketing side.
Mylo

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

%insert your text% soon!

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:40:55 AM

I'll add up:

NoodlyAppendageCoin
GiftCoin
Mr.V

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:45:58 AM

you should add all coins from coingen to this list because they have absolutely no dev or community support

BTC:1NwEE7C2hVLSNGwSrFvsYgTrKddCvfhRwY
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:52:00 AM

List of dying altcoins:
-All of them.
chrissibel

Activity: 336

Got Crypto?

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:06:02 PM

Alt coins shouldn't rush to get on crypsty. It can kill a coin. Let some mining get done before doing that. my 2 cents
Scribbles646

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:00:50 PM

Are you the owner or so? I've also invested a big amount of money in that one Smiley But Orbitcoin is already trading on cryptsy, yes... so you already have the biggest market. The problem with Orbit is the premined coins. You can motivate people buy give them extra coins when they are mining with you. Also tell the people what you want to sell, what you achieve, what the plans are. Marketing is key in this kind of business, look at coinyee west, new coin, a lot of hype and nothing to offer. Small coins like ESM (eSportMoney) and OGC (OnlineGamingCoin) have a lot more to offer, but having problems with marketing. Now i'm putting some effort in OGC (OnlineGamingCoin) to let them grow again, as it was almost dying, but at least something is happening now on the marketing side.

I'm not the dev for orbit, but there are definite block chain issues and its not even possible to mine atm.
JohnDorien

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:08:08 PM

List of dying altcoins:
-All of them.

pretty close ^^

not totally true but at least 90%+ of the BS released since christmas '13 is either dead or dying or only kept alive with giveaways and one or two miners
placebo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:12:12 PM

List of dying altcoins:
-All of them.

pretty close ^^

not totally true but at least 90%+ of the BS released since christmas '13 is either dead or dying or only kept alive with giveaways and one or two miners

But honestly, there are some good coins too, but they are too technical and do no anything about marketing. For example ESM, they are really hard, but are really bad in communicating this to the miners, and of course big miners are jumping from one coin to another one. Me too infact, like aliencoin will be released and i will mine it for a few hours. Batcoin was released and i mine it for a few hours. XIV is another coin, people are working hard for this coin but ....declining,declining, declining. Without any pumps or dumps your coin will die, and it is very important to get in the coinmarketcap list, this give your coin really a boost. Like LOT, EAC and MOON will not die, i'm sure of this.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: