Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:28:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We need to find out where Stevenbucks lives.  (Read 6887 times)
Anonymous

March 05, 2011, 04:08:00 AM

Most likely he will be back under a different username. And he will rip off more people.

What do we do to prevent THAT ?

Use clearcoin?

Seriously, use your brain and don't trust users with no reputation too much. Don't just loan bitcoin nilly willy without doing a credit history check.

Isn't it too much to ask people to take basic precaution in economic exchange over the internet?
I agree with you.

...but vengeance can be a novel pleasure sometimes. The novel doesn't have to be rationalized.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

March 05, 2011, 04:10:07 AM

Most likely he will be back under a different username. And he will rip off more people.

Use clearcoin?

Seriously, use your brain and don't trust users with no reputation too much.

Don't just loan bitcoin nilly willy without doing a credit history check.

You just lost 99% of consumers.

Anonymous

March 05, 2011, 04:11:05 AM

Use clearcoin?

...but we're not in the 99%. At least we can embrace the reality.
Anonymous

March 05, 2011, 04:12:56 AM

Use clearcoin?

Doesnt mean we should be preyed on by humans with no ethics. Consequences = modified behaviour.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 04:15:12 AM

Doesnt mean we should be preyed on by humans with no ethics. Consequences = modified behaviour.

I views these actions as necessary cost of doing business. That's the downside of dealing with anonymous individuals.

Anonymous

March 05, 2011, 04:17:11 AM

Use clearcoin?

You're talking with a man who goes by no concept of objective ethics but by only a certain strain of subjective preferences you may call morality. I have very little influence over who may prey upon me and others in the scheme of things, considering freewill, chaos theory and all. Heck, I wonder even if this perception of reality is worth a damn. All I can do is manage my own individual risk. That's what I go by and probably Kiba goes by.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 06:13:56 AM

Using Google Voice (yeah, yeah, i know, Google is the big brother etc etc) you won't pay anything to call him if you got his landline number.

Who knows, might have been just a filling mishap and he will mail you another one of that thing you tried buying from him at no cost.

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
wb3

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

^Check Out^ Isle 3

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 06:41:33 AM

This is a funny thread,

Let me see if I got this all down,

Atlas ordered a Zip from Stevenbucks by paying him 40 BTC, Stevebucks doesn't send the product, Atlas gets pissed and starts this thread titled: We need to find where Stevenbucks lives. Kind of a scary thread title, sort of sounded like a hit order going out to the gang.

The Hit order would have been cool, but alas; just going to sue him for 40 BTC  

I feel for you Atlas, you have been ripped off. May I ask, did you actually pay for your BTC with USD.  

I wonder how many BTC it would take for the Hit Order.  

How about instead of suing him, we put a Hit Order (just use paintballs) out on him. Have it video taped and posted.

I bet you would get a lot of takers for say: 500 BTC  and it would be so much better than suing him, wouldn't ya agree.

Net Worth = 0.10    Hah, "Net" worth Smiley
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 09:15:27 AM

If people think bitcoins are only used to scam people they will avoid it .
Exactly. So as a community we should build ways of transacting that minimise the risk of scams, rather than building a culture that says "yeah you're likely to get scammed with bitcoin, but you can always try to get it back through the courts, good luck with that".

The way Bitcoin works is very different to what people are used to when they transact with credit cards. It's also very different from making a cash purchase in a shop where you get a receipt, and the same shop is likely to be in the same place if you want to find it again to sort out a problem. So different ways of transacting are needed.

ClearCoin is a great step in the right direction, although I haven't used it yet myself because neither party has wanted to carry the cost. But it's free under 100 BTC, so it's ideal for things like Atlas's purchases.
nster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 11:36:31 AM

If people think bitcoins are only used to scam people they will avoid it .
Exactly. So as a community we should build ways of transacting that minimise the risk of scams, rather than building a culture that says "yeah you're likely to get scammed with bitcoin, but you can always try to get it back through the courts, good luck with that".

The way Bitcoin works is very different to what people are used to when they transact with credit cards. It's also very different from making a cash purchase in a shop where you get a receipt, and the same shop is likely to be in the same place if you want to find it again to sort out a problem. So different ways of transacting are needed.

ClearCoin is a great step in the right direction, although I haven't used it yet myself because neither party has wanted to carry the cost. But it's free under 100 BTC, so it's ideal for things like Atlas's purchases.
Can't you scam the seller by not releasing the bitcoins?

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 01:02:56 PM

Yes, you can get away with this once, but then your action can be displayed for all to see.

Nothing in the world is totally scam-proof. Even the state court system is manipulated for private gain sometimes (e.g. Lord Archer's case).
JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 02:00:48 PM

As for stevenbucks karma will be a bitch. I have a feeling he has a very unfortunate life and still lives in his mom's basement.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Anonymous

March 05, 2011, 02:12:22 PM

As for stevenbucks karma will be a bitch. I have a feeling he has a very unfortunate life and still lives in his mom's basement.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I sleep very well at night Smiley

Drifter

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 02:32:06 PM

EDIT: Read the whole thread. You didn't loan the money. Carry on  Grin

BitLex

Activity: 532
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 03:20:47 PM

If dishwara's information is correct, then he runs those two skeezy "cash for completing offers" sites, plus one more not listed, and maybe more beyond that.

This is the info from the domain registrations:

Art, Greg  gregart@bellsouth.net
      1322 Briarwood Drive
      Rockledge, Florida 32955
      United States
      +1.3214035822      Fax --

Excellent, excellent. Thank you.

Small claims court, here we come.

i wouldn't be to sure that you're chasing the right guy, he seems to use different identities for several domains.
info i gathered so far:
Code:
bitcoin-forum -user:sabbers/stevenbucks
bitcoin -bca:1J7GXaJt8Fj68Z4C8nT7zNg7wPgxxFK29U
-bca:16izFWKyu2AY6ycMu453NNYkhvk9Cw9w68
-bca:1BXfygBCKXb7AUpwXLYBw376Ftc2xeQmFw
SecondLife  -avatar:StevenB Admiral -key:296045f9-8592-4183-b092-d8aced67a292
     -avatar:StevenB Bizet   -key:e388effe-b012-4cea-922d-6146624e6705
Yahoo      -name:Geosters
domains
grainpay.com
registrant-firstname:Steven
registrant-lastname:Barranco
registrant-street1:51 Fingerboard Rd
registrant-pcode:10305
registrant-state:NY
registrant-city:Staten Island
registrant-ccode:US
registrant-phone:+1.3473307900
registrant-email:sabconnect@mail.com

v-co.in
bit-co.in
Registrant Name:Steven Barranco
Registrant Organization:N/A
Registrant Street1:51 fingerboard rd
Registrant City:staten island
Registrant State/Province:New York
Registrant Postal Code:10305
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+347.4209638
Registrant Email:sabbers@myself.com

happy hunting.

semyazza

Activity: 339

View Profile
March 05, 2011, 04:20:39 PM

Enjoy your idealism. I want my 40 BTC back. It's not my fault the state has a monopoly on civil force.

Idealism?  Huh

I am spooked by your actions.
That I would take somebody to court to reclaim my property?

I'm sorry but I highly doubt you will get anything, first I don't know where you live but unless you can show your state has jurisdiction over him you will most likely have to travel to Florida.  When you get there if he shows up you'll have a hell of a time convincing a judge that he owes you any money at all, along with how much.  If he doesn't show up you MIGHT get a default judgement.  Even if you somehow convince the judge that they are worth $1 each you get a judgement for $40 you pay a filing fee of maybe $25.  After you get the judgement good luck getting the $40 as well it could take a LONG time and money to find a way to get your money from the $40 judgement.

To throw my .02BTC in this is golden advice. For 40BTC it's not worth it even if it's more than that it usually isn't worth the time, money, and aggravation. Also, some small claims have a dollar amount floor that is required before you can file suit. To throw one more wrench into the equation even if you do prove you have jurisdiction over him in court(by saying he was offering business services in your state) and file suit in your state, Florida does not usually recognize out of state default judgements as a matter of policy which is why those with lots of credit problems usually hide out there and wait.
Anonymous

March 05, 2011, 04:30:38 PM

If dishwara's information is correct, then he runs those two skeezy "cash for completing offers" sites, plus one more not listed, and maybe more beyond that.

This is the info from the domain registrations:

Art, Greg  gregart@bellsouth.net
      1322 Briarwood Drive
      Rockledge, Florida 32955
      United States
      +1.3214035822      Fax --

Excellent, excellent. Thank you.

Small claims court, here we come.

i wouldn't be to sure that you're chasing the right guy, he seems to use different identities for several domains.
info i gathered so far:
Code:
bitcoin-forum -user:sabbers/stevenbucks
bitcoin -bca:1J7GXaJt8Fj68Z4C8nT7zNg7wPgxxFK29U
-bca:16izFWKyu2AY6ycMu453NNYkhvk9Cw9w68
-bca:1BXfygBCKXb7AUpwXLYBw376Ftc2xeQmFw
SecondLife  -avatar:StevenB Admiral -key:296045f9-8592-4183-b092-d8aced67a292
     -avatar:StevenB Bizet   -key:e388effe-b012-4cea-922d-6146624e6705
Yahoo      -name:Geosters
domains
grainpay.com
registrant-firstname:Steven
registrant-lastname:Barranco
registrant-street1:51 Fingerboard Rd
registrant-pcode:10305
registrant-state:NY
registrant-city:Staten Island
registrant-ccode:US
registrant-phone:+1.3473307900
registrant-email:sabconnect@mail.com

v-co.in
bit-co.in
Registrant Name:Steven Barranco
Registrant Organization:N/A
Registrant Street1:51 fingerboard rd
Registrant City:staten island
Registrant State/Province:New York
Registrant Postal Code:10305
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+347.4209638
Registrant Email:sabbers@myself.com

happy hunting.

Thats the correct info.
 Cool

Is this him ?

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1032197040
Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2011, 07:39:05 PM

Clearcoin now supports sending unreleased coins to a charity instead of refunding them, which gives both buyer and seller the same incentives.

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: