Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:21:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Obligatory I'm not dead or running post  (Read 40483 times)
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 02:03:35 PM

I can tell you all the difference between real life and Bitcoinland. In real life a powerful entity like a government presides over insurance and business with rules and has the might to enforce those rules. In Bitcoinland libertarian fantasy elves believe they can give millions of dollars to complete strangers and have them be honest without any enforcement might or insurance.

Does Neo & Bee ring any bells for anyone? Lots of people knew who good ol Danny was. How about Trendon Shavers? There's a picture with some of the key players in Bitcoinland sitting around a table in Vegas talking with Trendon in person long before he fucked everyone. Now about Nefario? He was a mod here. GLBSE ring any bells?

In Bitcoinland when people get fucked over the libertarian fantasy elves scurry into the forest while real life law enforcement is contacted to solve the issue. The problem is that law enforcement has a problem finding jurisdiction that covers forest elves.

When someone with a real conscience like John the Dong (sorry John I like your old name better lol) decides to be upstanding even when faced with a personal crisis you people still want to bitch. I applaude you John for being the upstanding person Bitcoin needs more of in-mass. Maybe you can help lead the other elves out of the forest and into the light.

Sounds like bitcoinland is more real than "real life". Your "real life" sounds like a sterilised utopia where stupidity doesn't hurt. Your real life has such wonderful things like Bernie Madoff, Obama, W. Bush, Janet Yellen, Stalin, Justin Bieber, Castro, Chavez, Maduro, TheIRS, Piers Morgan, Kim Jong-un, Courtney Love, Billary Clinton, Pol Pot, Mao Zedong, Idi Amin, and John Boehner. I've lost a whopping 3% of my BTC to scammers. I've lost 30% of my USD to scammers. The difference is, I had a option who I opened myself up to being scammed by with BTC. In "real life" my options are get scammed, or go to jail. I'll take bitcoinland.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 08:31:08 PM

PS: If you or anyone checks the addresses involved, they'll notice that the funds are never moved nor touched during my hiatus. TBH, if I really wanted to do anything malignant, I wouldn't do it using the 100 or so BTC's remaining with me when I was on hiatus. My personal BTC funds amount to far more than that, and I have been in control in a lot more of other users' funds before that as I averaged about 2-3k BTC that belonged with others before that. It simply doesn't make sense for me to abscond with that meagre amount when I could theoretically run with more. My personal investments with some parties in this forums amount to more than that, for example, and my permanent departure would cost me more.

Well, this would be my last explanation/attempt to defend myself anyway. It is my fault for disappearing without leaving a message for almost 3 months and I'm not going to dodge that.
*John shuts down computer and goes back to sleep*

Right... So? Let's try again: what exactly kept you away from this forum while holding people's money? Which part of this crucial question you did not understand? Some people are not interested about your supposedly personal investments, but why you just vanished.

...and yes! It is your fault, indeed. You assumed certain duties as escrow agent. In the real world you would have to pay heavy interest for what you did here.
server
Legendary

Activity: 892

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:06:41 PM

PS: If you or anyone checks the addresses involved, they'll notice that the funds are never moved nor touched during my hiatus. TBH, if I really wanted to do anything malignant, I wouldn't do it using the 100 or so BTC's remaining with me when I was on hiatus. My personal BTC funds amount to far more than that, and I have been in control in a lot more of other users' funds before that as I averaged about 2-3k BTC that belonged with others before that. It simply doesn't make sense for me to abscond with that meagre amount when I could theoretically run with more. My personal investments with some parties in this forums amount to more than that, for example, and my permanent departure would cost me more.

Well, this would be my last explanation/attempt to defend myself anyway. It is my fault for disappearing without leaving a message for almost 3 months and I'm not going to dodge that.

Right... So? Let's try again: what exactly kept you away from this forum while holding people's money? Which part of this crucial question you did not understand? Some people are not interested about your supposedly personal investments, but why you just vanished.

...and yes! It is your fault, indeed. You assumed certain duties as escrow agent. In the real world you would have to pay heavy interest for what you did here.

Again? mannn... what part of "RL issues" and "The hospital one was kinda correct" did you miss?

You can't expect more detail on this subject on a public forum.

Polycoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:53:39 AM

Yea grow up Augusto! I'm not sticking up for him, but the money/BTC was never moved or touched. He has emergency hospital issue, gives you no right to ask him questions like that....

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:15:20 PM

I can tell you all the difference between real life and Bitcoinland. In real life a powerful entity like a government presides over insurance and business with rules and has the might to enforce those rules. In Bitcoinland libertarian fantasy elves believe they can give millions of dollars to complete strangers and have them be honest without any enforcement might or insurance.

Does Neo & Bee ring any bells for anyone? Lots of people knew who good ol Danny was. How about Trendon Shavers? There's a picture with some of the key players in Bitcoinland sitting around a table in Vegas talking with Trendon in person long before he fucked everyone. Now about Nefario? He was a mod here. GLBSE ring any bells?

In Bitcoinland when people get fucked over the libertarian fantasy elves scurry into the forest while real life law enforcement is contacted to solve the issue. The problem is that law enforcement has a problem finding jurisdiction that covers forest elves.

When someone with a real conscience like John the Dong (sorry John I like your old name better lol) decides to be upstanding even when faced with a personal crisis you people still want to bitch. I applaude you John for being the upstanding person Bitcoin needs more of in-mass. Maybe you can help lead the other elves out of the forest and into the light.

Sounds like bitcoinland is more real than "real life". Your "real life" sounds like a sterilised utopia where stupidity doesn't hurt. Your real life has such wonderful things like Bernie Madoff, Obama, W. Bush, Janet Yellen, Stalin, Justin Bieber, Castro, Chavez, Maduro, TheIRS, Piers Morgan, Kim Jong-un, Courtney Love, Billary Clinton, Pol Pot, Mao, Idi Amin, and John Boehner. I've lost a whopping 3% of my BTC to scammers. I've lost 30% of my USD to scammers. The difference is, I had a option who I opened myself up to being scammed by with BTC. In "real life" my options are get scammed, or go to jail. I'll take bitcoinland.

First, your examples are complete nonsense. You're using political leaders as examples. Bitcoin is not a country it's a payment processing system that's regulated by countries.

Second, even if you believe Bitcoin is a tiny economy just like government fiat. It's so small in comparison it's like a flea on an elephants ass. Also, because of its size you can't compare Bitcoin to fiat economies unless you adjust percentages based on the size of the money supply, volume and velocity of the economy. The circulation of Bitcoin compared to say the US Dollar is so small that some individual banks dealing with dollars handle more transactions in a day than happen in Bitcoinland in a month.

Finally, if you adjust based on the above criterion you realize that Bitcoinland is a den of thieves in comparison. Clearly 7-10% of all Bitcoins in existence over a short 4 year period have been stolen. Remember, that's a 4 year period not the several hundred years that a single countries fiat has existed.

Sell it on the road homie. John is still one in a thousand (not one in a million because Bitcoinland isn't that large) and should be praised for returning the funds even if he had no personal crises happening.

twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:54:33 PM

Hi John K. Okay, there goes my escrow. LOL.

Pretty sure you'll still have a pretty solid escrow customer base, Dabs. As much as John seems like a genuine guy, and many are glad that he's returned, prolonged unannounced absences are bad for business in this line of work.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:19:15 AM

Yea grow up Augusto! I'm not sticking up for him, but the money/BTC was never moved or touched. He has emergency hospital issue, gives you no right to ask him questions like that....

That is just an assumption and people like you are the reason why Bitcoin will never achieve wide acceptance. You believe in any claim that some random forum account tell you without require the necessary evidence. That is why "cryptocurrency" is becoming more like a joke as everyday goes.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 09:24:55 AM

Pretty sure you'll still have a pretty solid escrow customer base, Dabs. As much as John seems like a genuine guy, and many are glad that he's returned, prolonged unannounced absences are bad for business in this line of work.

Oh, I think it's sort of a running joke between me and him (actually, between him and everyone else). I've got a handful right now, but nowhere near 100 BTC.

John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 05:30:13 PM

Oh, I think it's sort of a running joke between me and him (actually, between him and everyone else). I've got a handful right now, but nowhere near 100 BTC.

Yep, I welcome competition (especially when I'm still on hiatus mode right now) seeing that my original and current intention of being an escrow is to facilitate trade and to boost bitcoin in overall and not to turn a profit. When bitcoin eventually hits higher highs that'll be my best reward/profit.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:50:28 AM

Yep, I welcome competition (especially when I'm still on hiatus mode right now) seeing that my original and current intention of being an escrow is to facilitate trade and to boost bitcoin in overall and not to turn a profit. When bitcoin eventually hits higher highs that'll be my best reward/profit.

Is competition still welcome when you're back? (Just kidding!) It's quite hard to really turn a profit on 1% to 2% when we don't have the volume of your typical gambling / dice site and everything is done manually.

CoinDiver

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:48:38 PM

Sounds like bitcoinland is more real than "real life". Your "real life" sounds like a sterilised utopia where stupidity doesn't hurt. Your real life has such wonderful things like Bernie Madoff, Obama, W. Bush, Janet Yellen, Stalin, Justin Bieber, Castro, Chavez, Maduro, TheIRS, Piers Morgan, Kim Jong-un, Courtney Love, Billary Clinton, Pol Pot, Mao, Idi Amin, and John Boehner. I've lost a whopping 3% of my BTC to scammers. I've lost 30% of my USD to scammers. The difference is, I had a option who I opened myself up to being scammed by with BTC. In "real life" my options are get scammed, or go to jail. I'll take bitcoinland.

First, your examples are complete nonsense. You're using political leaders as examples. Bitcoin is not a country it's a payment processing system that's regulated by countries.

Second, even if you believe Bitcoin is a tiny economy just like government fiat. It's so small in comparison it's like a flea on an elephants ass. Also, because of its size you can't compare Bitcoin to fiat economies unless you adjust percentages based on the size of the money supply, volume and velocity of the economy. The circulation of Bitcoin compared to say the US Dollar is so small that some individual banks dealing with dollars handle more transactions in a day than happen in Bitcoinland in a month.

Finally, if you adjust based on the above criterion you realize that Bitcoinland is a den of thieves in comparison. Clearly 7-10% of all Bitcoins in existence over a short 4 year period have been stolen. Remember, that's a 4 year period not the several hundred years that a single countries fiat has existed.

Sell it on the road homie. John is still one in a thousand (not one in a million because Bitcoinland isn't that large) and should be praised for returning the funds even if he had no personal crises happening.

Countries PRETEND to regulate bitcoin. There is no functional external regulation exerted on bitcoin itself. Only internal (the protocol).

Should we compare the growth rate of the USD economy vs the BTC economy? Comparing the absolute size is intellectually dishonest.

Fiat is a government sponsored den of thieves. Over 100% of all USD has been stolen in the form of tax. Each and every dollar ('cept the shiney new ones the FED is printing... which are stolen value simply in their creation) has likely been stolen over and over and over. That is the purpose of fiat currency. You gotta be a kool aid drinker to not see that. (see, I can logical fallacy too, homie)

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:19:04 PM

Countries PRETEND to regulate bitcoin. There is no functional external regulation exerted on bitcoin itself. Only internal (the protocol).

Should we compare the growth rate of the USD economy vs the BTC economy? Comparing the absolute size is intellectually dishonest.

Fiat is a government sponsored den of thieves. Over 100% of all USD has been stolen in the form of tax. Each and every dollar ('cept the shiney new ones the FED is printing... which are stolen value simply in their creation) has likely been stolen over and over and over. That is the purpose of fiat currency. You gotta be a kool aid drinker to not see that. (see, I can logical fallacy too, homie)

Again, comparing apples and oranges. You can't compare Bitcoin (a payment processing system) with a government tax authority.

You want to compare Bitcoin to something equivalent? Try comparing Bitcoin to Amazon Payments. Do you really think Amazon Payments would still be in business if 10% of its customer funds had been stolen in the past four years? I doubt it.

You libertarian nutters always want to compare government flaws to Bitcoin like it's a country. Where exactly is the country of Bitcoin located on a map?

CoinDiver

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:00:46 PM

Again, comparing apples and oranges. You can't compare Bitcoin (a payment processing system) with a government tax authority.

You want to compare Bitcoin to something equivalent? Try comparing Bitcoin to Amazon Payments. Do you really think Amazon Payments would still be in business if 10% of its customer funds had been stolen in the past four years? I doubt it.

You libertarian nutters always want to compare government flaws to Bitcoin like it's a country. Where exactly is the country of Bitcoin located on a map?

How is comparing the USD economy to the BTC economy exactly THAT different?

If you'll take a minute to read through the noob section, you'll see how a protocol differs from a privately run service.

You statist stockholmers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome) always want to excuse your masters. Show me where exactly on the ground those map lines naturally occur?

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:07:37 PM

How is comparing the USD economy to the BTC economy exactly THAT different?

If you'll take a minute to read through the noob section, you'll see how a protocol differs from a privately run service.

You statist stockholmers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome) always want to excuse your masters. Show me where exactly on the ground those map lines naturally occur?

Sorry but this conversation is over. I don't think there are enough words to make you understand the difference between private enterprise and public enterprise.

I don't excuse government faults. I have a long history of protesting against them but when I protest I do it in front of the capital building not in front of Burger King.

CoinDiver

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 08:40:15 PM

I don't think
Again, please take yourself over to the noob section until you understand bitcoin well enough to have an intelligent conversation.

It's good to see how all that whining at the feet of your master is going for you.

"I don't excuse my masters faults, I know he's got my best interest at heart when he whips me" --ObeyAuthority

Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2948

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:50:02 PM

Hey John, glad to see you're well and back Smiley.
Welcome back buddy!

hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 2609

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:28:29 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0

I guess the note next to John's name can be modified now or maybe him removed all together if he's not performing escrows any more?

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
MoneyGod

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:36:00 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108716.0

I guess the note next to John's name can be modified now or maybe him removed all together if he's not performing escrows any more?
Now john is back and coming daily online so need to lock this thread  Wink

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:48:21 AM

Well it is John's thread so he can lock it whenever he feels like it

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:27:25 AM

I just wanted to welcome John K back.  Good to see things getting back to normal around here haha.  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: