Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:23:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I wish I could rent a time machine.  (Read 5107 times)
phoenixsilverbird (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:30:57 PM

Travel back to 2011, buy £1500 in BTC and exchange it back in modern day.

Millionaire!

Scyntech

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:39:42 PM

If I had a time machine, I'd go back to 1985. I heard trouble was a brew'in back then.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
battlescars

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:43:35 PM

Ditto. if everyone had those types of machines , time wouldnt exist..what a dumb thread though.
Bitcoin will still rise is still considered early in its stage...if you bought at 400. you would have made a nice profit now. thats was only 2 weeks ago.

ixne

Activity: 211

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:18:12 PM

Funny that you wouldn't just go back to 2010 when they were trading for fractions of a penny. Or just forget the 1500 pounds and go back to 2009 with a cheap Asicminer USB and computer, rent a datacenter and just let it hash away for a few years.  Of course, that would leave evidence in the blockchain and you'd probably be disintegrated by the time police.  I think that's how time travel works, right?

In any case, hindsight is 20/20 but I think you underestimate what the situation was like in 2011. No one, I mean no one had heard of bitcoin. Buying bitcoin seemed a little like investing in magic beans. This forum was, if anything, split as to whether bitcoin was worth anything and there were plenty of people here who were anti-bitcoin and begged people not to get caught up in the "Ponzi scheme" (haven't seen many of those types since late 2012). Even the most ardent supporters tended to admit that it had a good chance of failing.  Many of the same things people talk about today - hard forks, government intervention, ASICs and the centralization of mining, whatever - were talked about then, but practically none of it had happened yet so it was anyone's guess how it would turn out. People would talk about $1000 bitcoins occasionally but rarely seriously.

In short: Bitcoin, where it currently stands, is just about the best possible outcome any reasonable person could have wished for in 2011.
motatoys

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 01:18:47 PM

IF ONLY we could go back 3 years.... cmon god it's only 3 years!
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 01:49:21 PM

I think better way to think is what value can I create now given that you cant go back in time and make money. There are thousands of ways to make money in this new crypto economy I plan to start a few new businesses and make money that way. You can also invest some across a few of the promising coins and store value there. I think #1 way now is create something people with coins will want of value and profit from providing it, that in my opinion is the best way.

Good luck and bfree!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
SilverandBitcoins

Activity: 187

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:03:00 PM

If there aren't many good online wallets now...and you currently have to worry about your client wallets crashing or being hacked, can you imagine how hard it was to hold coins a few years ago?  Not to mention all of your friends or relatives laughing and telling you what a complete fool you were for buying, or mining magic beans.

Cause, I aint proud - BTC: 1DyXSR8nsB56yhTUhR5HMKLzB6UpytiWnK
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:10:10 PM

If I had a time machine last thing I would do is think of BTC investment. I would just simply change my life and the lives of people I know. As for the money wouldn't it be easier to just write down the lotery numbers?Cheesy You'd win few milion instantly and could forget about BTC or any other investment.

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:34:45 PM

Time travel is possible and will be feasible in the near future.  Though you don't need a machine to do it.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
fastlane7

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:37:36 PM

I think everyone would like to do that.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:39:46 PM

Time travel is possible and will be feasible in the near future.  Though you don't need a machine to do it.

What will you need? Quality genetically modified weed?
MrMoth

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:41:08 PM

What will you need? Quality genetically modified weed?

It certainly wouldn't hurt.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 08:31:34 PM

Time travel is possible and will be feasible in the near future.  Though you don't need a machine to do it.

You can time travel simply by closing your eyes and imagining.  And it can be done right now!   Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:52:08 PM

Millionaire!

Really? I wish that I could just have a few thousand BTC to hold in my bag. Mind, I'd probably somehow lose it all.

Imagine how that bloke who threw his hard drive away must be feeling. I bet he's well-iLivid.

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:08:22 PM

Time travel is possible and will be feasible in the near future.  Though you don't need a machine to do it.

You can time travel simply by closing your eyes and imagining.  And it can be done right now!   Smiley
You couldn't be more correct vod, thank you for speaking positively. Smiley

Though, after singularity, you will be able to physically revisit any time, at any place, at your will.  All it takes is belief that you can do so.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:11:54 PM

It will never be posible I think the reason if it was lets say in 100 years then we would see people coming back to this time

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:14:42 PM

Millionaire!

Really? I wish that I could just have a few thousand BTC to hold in my bag. Mind, I'd probably somehow lose it all.

Imagine how that bloke who threw his hard drive away must be feeling. I bet he's well-iLivid.

I doubt he even had any coins to begin with. That whole story smelt fishy to me.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 09:22:03 PM

Though, after singularity, you will be able to physically revisit any time, at any place, at your will.  All it takes is belief that you can do so.

Sorry Dank, that's your psychosis talking.

The one limitation about closing your eyes and imagining yourself in different times is that it is imagination.  (i.e. Your body can't come with you).   Wink

But you keep dreaming - nothing wrong with that.   Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:24:02 PM

I doubt he even had any coins to begin with. That whole story smelt fishy to me.

Were you reading the story near a fish market by any chance?

Yeah I suppose that anybody could come up with that cock and bull story for the media attention. Did you see the forum post (don't think that it was here) supposedly by the person who supposedly threw away this supposed hard drive, he was trying to raise funds to find the hard drive.

IIRC it was something along the lines of:

Give me 1 BTC and you will get 25 BTC back in return when I find the hard drive.

ScamCity or what haha.

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:39:48 PM

It will never be posible I think the reason if it was lets say in 100 years then we would see people coming back to this time
Doesn't quite work like that.  Time is not linear, we only live in the present.  Hence, why I said revisit the past.  There are infinite dimensions so you can relive any moment you wish, and even change the course of that moment but it will effect that dimension rather than the one we currently live in.

But I understand where you're coming from, that was my perspective on time travel too before I grasped the concept.

Sorry Dank, that's your psychosis talking.

The one limitation about closing your eyes and imagining yourself in different times is that it is imagination.  (i.e. Your body can't come with you).   Wink

But you keep dreaming - nothing wrong with that.   Smiley
Have you ever had a dream?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: