Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:29:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Constant accusations of scam, eMunie public IPO cancelled.  (Read 10550 times)
panonym

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Help and Love one another ♥

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:04:26 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 03:15:45 PM by panonym

Losing too much time answering to scam accusation is indeed unproductive.
But expressing yourself to the community(-to-be) is important.
Your not only the dev, you're the project leader.

Maybe your private betatester understand where your project is heading.
But 'seem to me they are the only one.

Delegate work, but official centralized information will need to be officially confirmed - if not posted - by you.

1. development/ideas
2. communication/information (organized + quality)
3. investment
There is priorities, but you cannot skip any of the 3.
Number 2 quality is lacking big time.

Closed source, closed betatester? 'fine but only with video for the public of concert working example, or something.

'feel like I'm losing my time...
Hope my advice weren't vain. Delay.
Best of luck, but a successful project isn't only code.
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:12:28 PM

OK let me share some info about how out of hand this is getting:

https://i.imgur.com/kyaWMfK.png

Also people purporting to blackmail me with this FUD (I'm guessing in an attempt to extract some of the investments from me)

https://i.imgur.com/hoBihIf.png

There is more, much more, and much worse.

This isn't your usual set of trolls, these are people with much more sinister agendas in hand.

You need to address this promptly. These people can potentially face criminal prosecution if you know who they are. Internet does not guarantee you are above such actions, and all digital footprints are traceable.

Don't cancel your public pre sale for this. Meet them head on. Find out who they are. Deal with them legitimately and promptly.

Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 03:16:24 PM

I will be trying to track them down yes, and prosecute as far as the law will allow me to.

CarbonAssassin

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:19:35 PM

This disadvantage of trying to do anything on the internet i suppose :/ Anyway can scream and shout from behind there computer and not give a crap because its not in the real world. Good luck with your project and i would certainly try to just ignore the nay sayers!
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:26:33 PM

Wait.. were people already buying presell emu???  I signed up to be notifed and wanted to get in on it. iveeven got big plans on running a powerful hatcher. Geez man
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:31:08 PM

Also people purporting to blackmail me with this FUD (I'm guessing in an attempt to extract some of the investments from me)

This isn't your usual set of trolls, these are people with much more sinister agendas in hand.

I don't know why this would cause you to decide to cancel the IPO unless they did go ahead and blackmail you somehow.  If they had no way to blackmail you then presumably you would ignore them, if they did have a way to blackmail you then you might react the way you are doing, giving credence to their claims.  I was ready to invest in eMunie but now it looks like I'll just have to wait to see what happens.  I hope things go more smoothly from here.
Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 03:37:33 PM

It wasn't the only factor in play, there were many that led to this decision.

Lets weigh up the options with regard to the blackmail

1)  Fight it constantly, never get to where you want to be
2)  Pay them off to "keep the peace" and dig a bigger hole
3)  Remove the ammo from the gun and deal with them in a legal manner

I chose 3, regardless of claims accuracy, as would any sensible individual.

Apraksin

Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:38:12 PM

Wait.. were people already buying presell emu???  I signed up to be notifed and wanted to get in on it. iveeven got big plans on running a powerful hatcher. Geez man

Relax. Things will cool down and you'll get your chance one way or the other. Point is all this time spent answering FUD is taking time away from finishing the client. The only ones who's been able to invest at this point are beta-testers and founders. That information has been in the open all along.
Honeypot

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:38:55 PM

I will be trying to track them down yes, and prosecute as far as the law will allow me to.

Just a few other suggestions - some of the things they dug up DOES raise questions, such as your employment history or supposed 'scam'. Not everyone will go through the threads and read the rebuttals. I think it would be best if you hired someone or asked someone you trust to write up a rebuttal and complete debunking without really revealing anything you won't be responsible for legally.

This will allow you to win over the questionable things in your record (assuming you have any) while giving you plenty of time to work as a dev, not as a public relations manager.

Also, if they are trying to blackmail you, ffs don't EVER let them receive a thing - negotiating with blackmailers is failure step 1 in the first place.

I think it would be wise to allow someone you trust to clear the air without revealing anything you don't have to. Right now, there are some things with what they dug up that, whether legitimate or not, does raise serious questions about you as a person and your activities - unless they know you personally. Don't take it personally - from where other people are standing, you can start to look suspicious even if you are not given how much they have dug up about you. That's the current picture, and one way or another you will have to provide something that assures investors you are not a scammer.

I am sure you can manage this. I hope for the best of e munie, and possible reinstatement of pre-sale.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 03:40:42 PM

I only see 15-30 post supporters, must be sockpuppets / clones.

We have seen enough scams over here, remember JohnCar / Iamatrix? / PhenixCoin / PhenixEx? Even I fell for it... My scam-radar was somehow disabled by greed...
panonym

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:46:50 PM

Proof of burn is pretty much the only way to disable my scam-radar now Wink
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:49:39 PM

I only see 15-30 post supporters, must be sockpuppets / clones.

We have seen enough scams over here, remember JohnCar / Iamatrix? / PhenixCoin / PhenixEx? Even I fell for it... My scam-radar was somehow disabled by greed...

Only 15-30 post supporters. MUST be sockpuppets. Are you for real
pre-sale is cancelled (you cannot lose money)
beta investors can get their btc back if they wish
MUST be a scam
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 03:53:22 PM

It's quite ironic that the recent scam accusations, and the rigorous defending of eMunie by its dev has actually made the IPO seem a lot more legitimate.

You didn't need you to cancel the IPO. All you needed to do was defend it with evidence and show that, contrary to what people think, it is a legitimate IPO.

In the long run I think cancelling the public IPO will do more harm than good, but I agree that the scam accusations are also harmful. In that case, I would perhaps suggest just creating a thread with a detailed outline of what eMunie has done, and is doing so far. Present the evidence, then lock the thread. Any time someone cries scam, you can point them in the direction of said thread and allow them to make an informed decision.

I wouldn't take it personally. If you're looking for someone to blame for this, then blame the IPO scammers. This sea of paranoia was created by them. It's not an attack on eMunue. It's an attack on all IPOs.

Yes, you shouldn't need to spend every other minute defending it, however it you do it once, in a single place, then it's just a matter of copy/pasting a URL. Nobody would expect you to respond to every single accusations, especially if they're all the same accusation. The problem here is that people are uninformed, and with more visibility, so people can be informed, the scam accusations should decrease.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
etlase3

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:01:29 PM

It wasn't the only factor in play, there were many that led to this decision.

Lets weigh up the options with regard to the blackmail

1)  Fight it constantly, never get to where you want to be
2)  Pay them off to "keep the peace" and dig a bigger hole
3)  Remove the ammo from the gun and deal with them in a legal manner

I chose 3, regardless of claims accuracy, as would any sensible individual.

Or you could, god forbid, ignore some trolls on the internet...
panonym

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:08:39 PM

& make it clear somewhere-easy-to-find the % already reserved for dev and betatester...

Your project of latter on adding or reducing coin to stabilize the price also seem difficult(impossible?) to achieve without central control.
If EMU is centralized, I out + free to stop thinking about getting in.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:19:03 PM

Can we have an independent audit of the code (with NDA of coz)? If everything is legit then u could just ignore the trolls and stick to the plan. Everyone would be happy (except the trolls but who cares)...
maxidoge

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 04:22:05 PM

So?
What kind of info they have to blackmail you?
What kind of info can destroy emunie?

Just ignore them.

Or you want to tell us THERE IS an info they can use to blackmail you and to destroy emunie?
So if it is true and they know "something" - how cancelled presale can stop them from doing it?
Or you want to cancel emunie?  

What the hell. if i am honest man i don't give any fuck to haters, their blackmails etc.
Its impossible to blackmail honest man or destroy REAL and not scam currency.

People will buy it on presale just because they waited this for so long time and they believe in it.
New people will buy it just because it wasn't "1 day currency" as other scam currencys, it was in developing for so long.
And wasn't exploded after "nxt" boom.

Your fear about blackmail and broken hope of your followers that were waiting this presale will damage emunie much harder than all haters on the world.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 04:43:07 PM

Log the IP of that guy Maet/Cossakman on your forum and report him to the authorities for extortion. He pm'd me asking if I wanted to help blackmail you because he thinks eMunie is a scam.

http://coinmotors.com/maet.png

Fuserleer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 04:47:22 PM

Log the IP of that guy Maet/Cossakman on your forum and report him to the authorities for extortion. He pm'd me asking if I wanted to help blackmail you because he thinks eMunie is a scam.

http://coinmotors.com/maet.png

You have a BHW tab in your browser, he'll label you a scammer and attempt to blackmail you next. Smiley

Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 04:48:51 PM

You have a BHW tab in your browser, he'll label you a scammer and attempt to blackmail you next. Smiley

BHW is the best forum out there. Taught me everything I know about internet marketing, and web design. And I told him to quit insulting BHW.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: