Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:35:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Confirmed Bad News Sources Thread - No FUD, Just Facts!!!1  (Read 43548 times)
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:08:12 AM

I think at the end of the day the real lesson to be learned is; always make sure that your sources are confirmed.
right proudhon?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:33:00 AM

I think at the end of the day the real lesson to be learned is; always make sure that your sources are confirmed.
right proudhon?
Proudhon needs to reconfirm his confirmed sources.  Cheesy
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:50:14 AM

Both Proudhon and Bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc have been recognised by international media as confirmed spokespeople for Bitcoin community:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/chinese-new-year-bitcoin-ban-end-days-or-empty-threat-1434495

This is a confirmed fact.

Warning! First double-spend attack! By protocol, you are required to read previous confirmed posts before posting new confirmed newses. Humanitee posted this yesterday:

i am satoshi
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:03:22 PM

They're having bad dreams over in the Wall Observer thread:

Look at the chart - It's almost time for the next FUD. What'll it be?

More Gox FUD.

Tiger Direct drops bitcoin.

Someone says they have cracked SHA 256.

A US Senator brings a private members bill to make possession of bitcoin a felony.

The Bitcoin Foundation website gets hacked.

Lots of ideas for more FUD. 

rumors (confirmed) about btce closing due to russian laws.

btcchina drops bank deposits again.

Someone says they have cracked EC.

Someone claims someone has exploited the 'vulnerability' mentioned in the other thread.

Updates on FBI coin dumping.

A bunch of coins move or 'days destroyed' on the blockchain.

Someone else is arrested.

News from the hearing about excessive regulation which will discourage small business or consumer usage of bitcoin.

PBOC says something about corporate bank accounts and bitcoin (this is the big one).

Something happens to BitPay.

China banking defaults

Time to run some of these up the falg poel and see who confrims them.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:27:12 PM

Winklevoss ETF will not get launched this year.

However, Moriarty isn’t optimistic about the proposal, even with the as-yet unannounced revisions. She told Bloomberg that she believes it is unlikely to pass in 2014.

http://www.coindesk.com/winklevoss-to-submit-revised-bitcoin-etf-sec/

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
proudhon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:06:52 PM

Both Proudhon and Bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc have been recognised by international media as confirmed spokespeople for Bitcoin community:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/chinese-new-year-bitcoin-ban-end-days-or-empty-threat-1434495

I can't believe what I'm reading:

Meanwhile, members of the BitcoinTalk forum have expressed fear over the potential closure of Chinese exchanges, with hundreds of posts gaining tens of thousands of views from the crypto-currency community.

One forum member, using the name 'Bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc' said that after 31 January, "Chinese can no longer do anything related to bitcoins. They can not withdraw money from Chinese exchanges. So the bitcoins they have on Chinese exchanges are 'dead'. They can not trade those bitcoins in for real money, or withdraw that money. It's like that money doesn't exist anymore."

This doomsday scenario was echoed by another used called 'Proudhon', who has contributed to the forum for three years. The user said bitcoin's fall from $1,200 to its current level of around $900 will "continue until bitcoins are worth $0."

Much of Proudhon's comments from "confirmed sources" have been dismissed by other forum users, but the sense of unknowing shared across the community is hard to ignore.

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!
IT'S CONFIRMED!!
Proudhon is in the news Im so proud of you Proudhon!
This makes me question the accuracy of mainstream media - oh no wait - it doesn't.

I almost feel we should close this thread now, for what a fine way to end!

You start a parody thread to make fun of how the media/forum-trolls spreads FUD without doing due diligence, you post links to articles in Russian and Chinese that have nothing to do with bitcoin, blow everything completely out of proportion, inspire forum members to generate fake documents and conspiracy theories, and in general just act so stupid that your mind blown that anyone could take this thread seriously....

...and then still--despite all of that--have the MSM report Proudhon's sources as "confirmed."

This really made my day guys.  Cheers to everyone who's contributed to the many good sources of bad news!

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:13:54 PM

This is just too hilarious.  Also, I loved the way so many bitcoin n00bs who either unknowingly took Bitcoinlitecoinbtcltc and Proudhon seriously (and thus added to the FUD spreading), or were in on the joke and also added to the FUD spreading.  Classic.
abacus

Activity: 618

a clockwork miner

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:21:30 PM

This is just too hilarious.  Also, I loved the way so many bitcoin n00bs who either unknowingly took Bitcoinlitecoinbtcltc and Proudhon seriously (and thus added to the FUD spreading), or were in on the joke and also added to the FUD spreading.  Classic.

To be honest, I think that bitcoinlitecoinbtcltc is serious.

Do you guys think he isn't? Take a look at his posts out of here...
coinpharmer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:29:04 PM

This is just too hilarious.  Also, I loved the way so many bitcoin n00bs who either unknowingly took Bitcoinlitecoinbtcltc and Proudhon seriously (and thus added to the FUD spreading), or were in on the joke and also added to the FUD spreading.  Classic.

To be honest, I think that bitcoinlitecoinbtcltc is serious.

Do you guys think he isn't? Take a look at his posts out of here...

bitcoinlitecoinbtcltc is the ONLY user i have on ignore, he either 1) believes it 2) is TRYING to make others believe it 3) if not 1  is not funny

and and we get the tag on proudhon changed from hero member to confirmed hero member?  i think its been earned after that ibtimes...
abacus

Activity: 618

a clockwork miner

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:39:19 PM

bitcoinlitecoinbtcltc is the ONLY user i have on ignore, he either 1) believes it 2) is TRYING to make others believe it 3) if not 1  is not funny
He is very near to my ignore list too.

and and we get the tag on proudhon changed from hero member to confirmed hero member?  i think its been earned after that ibtimes...

I subscribe your request (and confirm it).
eiskalt

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:48:44 PM

I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!
IT'S CONFIRMED!!
This makes me question the accuracy of mainstream media - oh no wait - it doesn't.

agree,

Wow!

Unbelievable.

serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:06:35 PM

4.  In addition to attacking the blockchian, China will sell all their mined bitcoins on MtGox

LOL

Why on mtGox??? they have slow payments!!!!!

Tell them to reconsider! Smiley))))

Space for rent if its still trending
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:41:44 PM

I can't believe what I'm reading:

Meanwhile, members of the BitcoinTalk forum have expressed fear over the potential closure of Chinese exchanges, with hundreds of posts gaining tens of thousands of views from the crypto-currency community.

One forum member, using the name 'Bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc' said that after 31 January, "Chinese can no longer do anything related to bitcoins. They can not withdraw money from Chinese exchanges. So the bitcoins they have on Chinese exchanges are 'dead'. They can not trade those bitcoins in for real money, or withdraw that money. It's like that money doesn't exist anymore."

This doomsday scenario was echoed by another used called 'Proudhon', who has contributed to the forum for three years. The user said bitcoin's fall from $1,200 to its current level of around $900 will "continue until bitcoins are worth $0."

Much of Proudhon's comments from "confirmed sources" have been dismissed by other forum users, but the sense of unknowing shared across the community is hard to ignore.

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!
IT'S CONFIRMED!!

I almost feel we should close this thread now, for what a fine way to end!

You start a parody thread to make fun of how the media/forum-trolls spreads FUD without doing due diligence, you post links to articles in Russian and Chinese that have nothing to do with bitcoin, blow everything completely out of proportion, inspire forum members to generate fake documents and conspiracy theories, and in general just act so stupid that your mind blown that anyone could take this thread seriously....

...and then still--despite all of that--have the MSM report Proudhon's sources as "confirmed."

This really made my day guys.  Cheers to everyone who's contributed to the many good sources of bad news!

Congratulations Proudhon.  You successfully trolled the ibtimes.  According to their website:

"International Business Times is a fast-growing online business newspaper, comprising of 10 country editions and published in 7 languages. Launched in 2005 and reaching over 20,000,000 monthly unique readers globally, it is one of the most popular websites in the world.

IBTimes is breaking new ground in global business journalism by providing minute-by-minute coverage with an international context. It also strives to offer the full global picture of how economic, political and societal events connect from region to region. This unique approach to global news has enabled IBTimes to increasingly lead the agenda and the discussion on many major stories.

The company's mission is to foster global economic growth by empowering people everywhere with excellent news, analysis and information."

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4469

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:11:59 PM

Both Proudhon and Bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc have been recognised by international media as confirmed spokespeople for Bitcoin community
I wouldn't put the 2 in the same class. Proudhon is a venerable and imaginative master troll.

Bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc is just an apprentice:

Dalmar

Activity: 1092

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:14:24 PM

I wouldn't put the 2 in the same class. Proudhon is a venerable and imaginative master troll.

His World War II-Bitcoin thread was kinda classic.  Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
ampere9765

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:25:31 PM

His World War II-Bitcoin thread was kinda classic.  Cheesy
i actually liked the one about the taking a dump and pointing at it. that was actually relevant and funny. the others were weak sauce.
Muhammad al-Hodl

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:26:10 PM

Both Proudhon and Bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc have been recognised by international media as confirmed spokespeople for Bitcoin community

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv10/JimboToronto/the-sorcerers-apprentice_fantasia_disney_1940a.jpg

Proudhon (or Proudtoshi Honkimoto which I prefer - lol) was himself but an apprentice of Nagle back in the day.  Grasshopper has learned well!

(I studied the body of scholarly work here on troll-talk diligently since joining up today.)

bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:58:52 PM

Do not insult me ever again... I am not a troll, I am true spokesperson of the oppressed anti-Bitcoin community.
The pro-bitcoin masses and the Bitcoin Foundation controlled media is spreading false information. I am facing discrimination and oppression all over the bitcoin world. They even made me attach ''btcltc'' to all my usernames, anywhere on the internet. This way, people can recognize me for a ''subhuman'' anti-bitcoin male human.

The Satoshi Racial laws now prevent me to contact female humans who are pro-bitcoin. I am not allowed to be in a relationship with pro-bitcoin human beings because it would create ''impure blood''. My internet is automatically shut off every 3 hours. I don't have access to over 60% of bitcoin related websites.

I am suffering a lot for the better of our kind. But I enjoy it. I always enjoyed humiliation. It gives me the power to continue my struggle, to show everyone that being humiliated is just another sign of being worshipped. Why would you humiliate me if you TRULY hated me?

I would like to conclude this masterpiece with a quote from the famous French philosopher Rene Decartes;

''I am because I am.''

And this definitely applies to me!
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:28:54 PM

Do not insult me ever again... I am not a troll, I am true spokesperson of the oppressed anti-Bitcoin community.
The pro-bitcoin masses and the Bitcoin Foundation controlled media is spreading false information. I am facing discrimination and oppression all over the bitcoin world. They even made me attach ''btcltc'' to all my usernames, anywhere on the internet. This way, people can recognize me for a ''subhuman'' anti-bitcoin male human.

The Satoshi Racial laws now prevent me to contact female humans who are pro-bitcoin. I am not allowed to be in a relationship with pro-bitcoin human beings because it would create ''impure blood''. My internet is automatically shut off every 3 hours. I don't have access to over 60% of bitcoin related websites.

I am suffering a lot for the better of our kind. But I enjoy it. I always enjoyed humiliation. It gives me the power to continue my struggle, to show everyone that being humiliated is just another sign of being worshipped. Why would you humiliate me if you TRULY hated me?

I would like to conclude this masterpiece with a quote from the famous French philosopher Rene Decartes;

''I am because I am.''

And this definitely applies to me!

so you work in a bank?

Space for rent if its still trending
Satyre_Noir

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:44:58 PM

EPIC!!! Congratz Proudhon !!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: