Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:59:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is 2018 the year when crypto goes mainstream  (Read 1256 times)
andohyeb

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:08:26 PM

Cryptocurrency has been in the mainstream for long but the results of government consistence interference and negative news from the media has make it stay underworld. I don't know what has change in 2018, that will make crypto different to mainstream.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dasinc

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:34:51 PM

Opinion leaders from traditional business are afraid of cryptocurrencies. It is important for them to know that all market participants are brokers, specially trained. The market is subject to their laws. But cryptocurrencies are spontaneous. We make them. Yes, they depend on the mood is not the most educated crowd - we all caught their laws on the move. But the crowd is power. And if there is a blast wave-it will not stop. Yes, we grow on emotions and faith, but it will push the crypt up to unimaginable heights. It's public money, not a couple of fatties. Undoubtedly this is the mainstream, note how many jokingly advertise bitcoin. I think that makes sense, doesn't it? Wink
Addywealth

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:45:00 PM

It wont be a surprise to me if 2018 is that year bitcoin will go mainstream,  consistence interference of government, news from the anti-bitcoin media has really caused a great set back to bitcoin and concurrency generally from hitting the mainstream all this while but there is possibility that this year may be that year we have been waiting for
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:48:23 PM

The truth is that the anticipation for crypto to go mainstream increases as time goes on. In fact there are skeptis who would have nothing to do with crypto unless it goes mainstream. Is 2018 that year when blockchain crypto goes mainstream?

I think yes. Because the Cryptocurrency is constantly evolving and 2018 is the year of the highest evolution
cavaBcoin

Activity: 181
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:42:08 PM

I think Bitcoin and other crypto become well known in 2018 but it still can't be said as mainstream because there are still some rejection and the fame still not too big, it will need more big companies to support or the approval from the government
Probably, from the very beginning of 2018, the mainstream of bitcoin and other cryptocurrenies are in downward trend. Evidently, it’s popular enough to get a huge demand, but the banning policy of most country’s governments keeps happening incessantly, which makes most of coin users have a limitation in such a big market. However, it’s cool that recently some big company such as Samsung is supporting bitcoin. This gives coin users have a big movitation to join in bitcoin again, therefore the mainstream of bitcoin is going to increase incredably now.
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:44:05 AM

The 2018 block chain era of large navigation officially opened, brave people get treasure...
The blockchain will succeed and the cryptocurrency will succeed, but the final protagonist is not necessarily Bitcoin.
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:36:03 PM

Too optimistic a prediction. 2018 will be another great year for bitcoin. What with a number of countries like Australia, Germany, Switzerland, South Korea to name a few, taking the lead on adapting cryptocurrency. Other countries would surely follow suit or get left behind.

Surge_Dev

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:44:11 PM

Bitcoin creates value for both earlier investors and for new ones, providing more and more opportunities for using currency, the amount of which, moreover, is limited. It's not deceit and not stealing, but just the good old law of supply-demand in action, or in other words, the ancient economic principle, in the service of the newest currency system.
vinbitpon

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:06:03 PM

Not totally mainstreamed but likely "known". It's the time where people all over the world have the idea about cryptocurrency but doesn't really have the "idea" what does crypto and blockchain do. I guess it will take 1-2 years to be fully mainstreamed since Ripple is donating millions of dollars to top Universities all over the world to have a collaboration to support and accelerate academic research, technical development, and innovation in blockchain and cryptocurrency. It can affect cryptocurrency big time.
jeni99

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:07:58 PM

there is an indication that it will happen in 2018 because it is supported by slow growth and perhaps cryptocurrency will become mainstream
collision00

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 06:39:47 PM

I believe you're somewhat confounded here Bitcoins and Blockchain going standard are two distinct things. Individuals may adjust to blockchain ans yet not receive bitcoins. So it's critical to comprehend the distinction here. It's actual numerous organizations are following blockchain yet not bitcoins but rather I feel this'll change sooner individuals and nations soon will follow bitcoins it won't be long at this point.
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:15:54 PM

Wzß
ell any one waiting for crypto to reach mainstream before deciding to join may lose out in the fun of early beginning, because the first to know and being part of the building of the crypto network is fun and at the same time profiting. I believe that before the end of 2018 crypto might have gained the popularity and become the order of the day and by then it might be too late to join then because the early birds will have eaten the best fruit.
ambisyon

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:00:22 AM

It has been a mainstream for crypto currency way back last year where btc had able to reached the highest price value ever to be achieve in the crypto market. Cryptocurrencies had been emerging in the current market since then  because of the effect of being a mainstream in the social media and the news globally wherein more and more people are engaged in investing cryptocurrencies.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 04:50:27 AM

Is 2018 that year when blockchain crypto goes mainstream?
For the past years crypto's became popular went straight and it's all set on mainstream.

there is an indication that it will happen in 2018 because it is supported by slow growth and perhaps cryptocurrency will become mainstream
There's no need for that indication because cryptocurrencies were already in the mainstream. The slow growth that you are saying is probably because of the red days.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
bigjake89

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:14:24 AM

People may adapt to blockchain ans yet not adopt bitcoins. So it's important to understand the difference here.
Lamisa asfiya

Activity: 242

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:30:50 PM

It is true that 2018 is a mainstream year for bitcoin. Bitcoin prices are rising from the start and Bitcoin prices are very long-term. Bitcoin prices are still above all currencies and I think the price will increase further at the end of this year and in future it will be the main currency.
liamnorthcoins

Activity: 211

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:34:57 PM

The truth is that the anticipation for crypto to go mainstream increases as time goes on. In fact there are skeptis who would have nothing to do with crypto unless it goes mainstream. Is 2018 that year when blockchain crypto goes mainstream?
With the price condition right now, it might not be the year, but i have strong conviction that if not this year, a year will really come where bitcoin will become mainstream and highly vital to the daily life of the people all over the world. I am more thinking that right now or this year we are still in the down of cryptocurrency and once the light will break on it, that then it will be just massive.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:24:33 PM

I just don't see enough bitcoin usage in people's daily lives yet in order to safely say that bitcoin has already gone mainstream.

I think that it's much more likely that we're still in the institutional adoption phase of the adoption cycle. As you can see, institutional investors are already coming into the bitcoin market at an ever growing pace, and big investors from the mainstream are starting to get their heads into bitcoin as well.

Regulations are maturing etc. as well. You can safely say that levels of adoption has increased drastiaclly already, and level of awareness has increased even faster. But as far as mainstream goes, I think bitcoin still doesn't see enough merchants accepting it, or established services using it for it to be considered to be mainstream just yet.

Smiley
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:28:17 PM

It is going to take a long time until Bitcoin becomes mainstream but it is heading towards it fast. Since the new all time high price last year, many more people started to gain interest and many average people at least knew about Bitcoin. If it keeps growing steady it could  be mainstream.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:43:06 PM

2018? I don't think that we can go mainstream right now because of too much regulations going on around the world. Government as constantly at looking ways for people not to go to crypto so I doubt that it will happen this year. But I believe that we can go mainstream, but not this year though. Maybe it will take another 5 - 10 years before we can see people from all over places using their bitcoin as some mode of online payment or buying stuff in the internet thru bitcoin. Right now its not happening.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████