Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:16:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion between SolidCoin Founder and Gavin Andresen  (Read 6363 times)
csshih (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 02:44:07 PM

http://www.incoherentphotography.com/uploads/2011.09.04-07.17.48.txt

quite interesting, have a look.

the main highlights, hopefully I didn't take anything out of context. I wouldn't like to start sounding like a generic media outlet.
I'm not cherry picking if I include the fulltext, right?  Shocked

Code:
[06:35] <gavinandresen> Hey everybody.  Is RealSolid here?
[06:35] <@RealSolid> in my lucid moments
[06:36] <gavinandresen> So you asked in private message on the forums why you should report denial-of-service vulnerabilities to Jeff or me....
[06:36] <gavinandresen> ... and I thought that would be obvious.
[06:36] <gavinandresen> You seem to be upset with us for some reason-- did I say something somewhere to offend you or solidcoin?
[06:37] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: no not you but your other developers
[06:37] <gavinandresen> Well, I can't speak for the other developers, but I personally would appreciate it if you let me know of any vulnerabilities or deficiencies in bitcoin.
[06:38] <gavinandresen> No software is perfect, and bitcoin is way-very-far from perfect.
[06:38] <@RealSolid> i know that, having changed a lot of it
[06:39] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: the SC network was attacked by one of your supporters/developers
[06:39] <@RealSolid> in artforz
[06:39] <@RealSolid> now someone is doing the same attack to btc
[06:40] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: but the issue i found is more relating to being able to potentially crash clients and run them out of memory
[06:41] <gavinandresen> ArtForz isn't a bitcoin developer.  He is very smart, though, and you should listen to him (he helped find a couple of nasty bitcoin bugs last year)
[06:42] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: so youre promoting his attack on the network
[06:42] <gavinandresen> No.  He should have done what he did on the solidcoin test network.
[06:42] <gavinandresen> (you do have a test network, right?)
[06:42] <@RealSolid> sure if anyone runs it
[06:43] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: but he didnt do it
[06:43] <@RealSolid> and your support of a hacker is interesting
[06:43] <@RealSolid> "no he shouldnt have done it , but boys will be boys come on"
[06:44] <gavinandresen> Hackers and script-kiddies are a fact of life, which is exactly why I'm asking you to let me know when you find potential issues.  So we have a chance to fix them before the hackers take advantage of them.
[06:44] <@RealSolid> csshih: hes essentially supporting a known hacker who has caused chaos for thousands of people
[06:45] <@RealSolid> artforz did it mainly just to piss of solidcoin users
[06:45] <@RealSolid> and i find the developer of bitcoin semi-supporting him by telling me to "listen to him
[06:45] <@RealSolid> as rather offensive
[06:45] <gavinandresen> You should listen to ArtForz, as I said he's very smart.
[06:46] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: ok you should listen to him too then, get him to fix your bugs
[06:47] <@RealSolid> if gavin wants to come here to tell me to listen to a blackhat hacker
[06:47] <@RealSolid> he is trying to be offensive
[06:47] <gavinandresen> Ok, this is silly, I don't want to get dragged into "you're supporting a KNOWN TERRORIST!"
[06:48] <gavinandresen> I came here to ask RealSolid to be responsible and report problems or vulnerabilities to the core bitcoin dev team before releasing code that fixes the exploit (because releasing code tells the hackers what to attack).  RealSolid, I'll ask again:  are you willing to do that?
[06:49] <@RealSolid> you ask me to be responsible when your team and supporters are hacking the SC network
[06:49] <gavinandresen> They aren't "my" supporters.  It is not even really "my" team
[06:49] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: if they arent, then i dont understand your tone, maybe youre ignorant about the situation
[06:49] <gavinandresen> (and did Pieter or Jeff or Nils do somethign to solidcoin?)
[06:51] <@RealSolid> we're drama queens
[06:52] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: we've had 2 weeks of many of your developers trashing solidcoin
[06:52] <@RealSolid> and then weve had some of your biggest supporters hacking/exploiting/spamming the networtk
[06:52] <@RealSolid> for you to come in completely ignorant and tell me to listen to the main hacker
[06:52] <@RealSolid> annoys me
[06:53] <@RealSolid> so either you pull the people in line who are supporting you and your project or i dont help your project
[06:53] <@RealSolid> i dont appreciate your people attacking us
[06:53] <gavinandresen> If you watch the talk I gave at the bitcoin conference a couple of weeks ago, I say my #1 qualification for being the project lead is having a thick skin
[06:54] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: i dont understand how you can come here completely ignorant about the last 2 weeks
[06:54] <gavinandresen> My advice to you if you want solidcoin to be a success is to step away from the keyboard when you're annoyed.
[06:54] <@RealSolid> its like you were living in cave
[06:54] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: SC will be a success because i know how to develop successful products
[06:55] <@RealSolid> am i the one asking bitcoin developers for help?
[06:55] <@RealSolid> gavin is here asking me for help
[06:55] <@RealSolid> and he is being offensive in the process
[06:56] <@RealSolid> csshih: artforz is the known hacker, there are others
[06:56] <@RealSolid> gavin came here and told me to listen to the hacker
[06:57] <@RealSolid> csshih: i didnt realize he was a hacker
[06:57] <@RealSolid> until the attack
[06:57] <@RealSolid> he is writing utter bs on the forums about "Warning me"
[06:57] <@RealSolid> he talked to me about 51% attacks
[06:58] <@RealSolid> then he just spams the chain using low fees
[06:58] <@RealSolid> csshih: it doesnt matter if gavin has nothing to do with it, him not knowing the situation and telling me to listen to a hacker is offensive
[06:59] <gavinandresen> So RealSolid, I want to make sure I understand why you decided to create solidcoin-- you think core bitcoin development is going way too slow, and we're not open to new features that will make it better.  Do I have that right?
[07:00] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: that is correct
[07:00] <@RealSolid> i already discussed many of the improvements i wanted in bitcoin prior to starting it
[07:00] <@RealSolid> and no one thought they were needed
[07:01] <@RealSolid> the only option is to create what i thought was the better design
[07:01] <gavinandresen> Well, it is all about risk/reward.  And with core bitcoin, the risks are very high, partly because Satoshi isn't around and he is the only person who really truly deeply understands all of the code.  But mostly because we're talking real money here.
[07:02] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: i understand your hesitance with touching working code
[07:02] <@RealSolid> however the code is a big mess
[07:02] <@RealSolid> and theres so many issues with it and i havent even finished
[07:02] <gavinandresen> ... and several groups are working on re-implementing it, which I support.
[07:02] <@RealSolid> oh?
[07:02] <gavinandresen> What I don't understand is if you want bitcoin to get better, why would you prohibit changes from flowing back upstream?
[07:03] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: because of the morons in your dvelopment team, and other supporters trolling us
[07:03] <gavinandresen> Okey doke.  Like I said, if you want to lead an open source project you'd better have a really thick skin.  That's just the nature of the beast.
[07:04] <@RealSolid> its open source, ask before you use
[07:04] <@RealSolid> simple
[07:04] <Snapman> if you need permisson, that means you allow some, disallow others, that isnt open source..
[07:04] <shadders> ask before you use but don't bother if you're a bitcoin dev coz the answer's no...
[07:04] <Snapman> more liek selective source
[07:04] <@RealSolid> shadders: i never said no to him using source
[07:05] <@RealSolid> hes asking me to pinpoint one of the vulns i know about
[07:05] <@RealSolid> even though the source is there
[07:05] <@RealSolid> ie he wants a short cut
[07:06] <gavinandresen> I would like you to send me private email about vulnerabilities BEFORE releasing source.
[07:06] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: id like you to tell your supporters to not attack SC
[07:07] <@RealSolid> quid pro quo
[07:07] <gavinandresen> Again, they are not "my" supporters, and if I start trying to tell them what to do they'll just laugh at me.
[07:07] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: thats not the impression i get
[07:08] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: you apparently know artforz and think good things about him
[07:08] <Phoebus> What's the big idea? We want a project like bitcoin to really make it, or bitcoin itself. Are we on the same side? The rest is just group dynamics, us vs them BS.
[07:08] <@RealSolid> its not like you have no say to people like him
[07:08] <gavinandresen> Phoebus: +1
[07:08] <@RealSolid> shadders: i dont waste my time with such things, id rather write working code
[07:09] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: i think you should step down from bitcoin development and let it fail
[07:09] <@RealSolid> because its going to fail soon enough
[07:09] <gavinandresen> Ok, I've said what I came to say, I'll catch y'all later.
[07:10] * gavinandresen has left #solidcoin

using code tags for easy scrolling. copy/paste into your favorite word processor for easier reading.

Craig
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 02:46:36 PM

Man, all this stuff has got to make it into the media eventually. Grin
csshih (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 02:50:35 PM

Grin

ohyeah, more juicy bits:
Code:
[07:09] <csshih> you want bitcoin dev to fail, and solidcoin to take over?
[07:09] <Phoebus> I've given BTC a good try, made a few hundred trades -- even bought services in btc. But overall, the project needs to mature....
[07:09] <gavinandresen> Ok, I've said what I came to say, I'll catch y'all later.
[07:09] <shadders> gavinandresen: give it up.. yr dealing with a child
[07:10] <csshih> take care gavin
[07:10] <Phoebus> gfinn, more fair based on how much the coin is actually worth - if you're paying more fees than using paypal or a cc, it's just wrong, especially when pp is instant.
[07:10] <@RealSolid> csshih: sure, the better system should succeed in the end
[07:10] <@RealSolid> gavin is just delaying it

Craig
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 02:54:55 PM

http://www.incoherentphotography.com/uploads/2011.09.04-07.17.48.txt

quite interesting, have a look.

the main highlights, hopefully I didn't take anything out of context. I wouldn't like to start sounding like a generic media outlet.
I'm not cherry picking if I include the fulltext, right?  Shocked

Code:
[06:35] <gavinandresen> Hey everybody.  Is RealSolid here?
[06:35] <@RealSolid> in my lucid moments
[06:36] <gavinandresen> So you asked in private message on the forums why you should report denial-of-service vulnerabilities to Jeff or me....
[06:36] <gavinandresen> ... and I thought that would be obvious.
[06:36] <gavinandresen> You seem to be upset with us for some reason-- did I say something somewhere to offend you or solidcoin?
[06:37] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: no not you but your other developers
[06:37] <gavinandresen> Well, I can't speak for the other developers, but I personally would appreciate it if you let me know of any vulnerabilities or deficiencies in bitcoin.
[06:38] <gavinandresen> No software is perfect, and bitcoin is way-very-far from perfect.
[06:38] <@RealSolid> i know that, having changed a lot of it
[06:39] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: the SC network was attacked by one of your supporters/developers
[06:39] <@RealSolid> in artforz
[06:39] <@RealSolid> now someone is doing the same attack to btc
[06:40] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: but the issue i found is more relating to being able to potentially crash clients and run them out of memory
[06:41] <gavinandresen> ArtForz isn't a bitcoin developer.  He is very smart, though, and you should listen to him (he helped find a couple of nasty bitcoin bugs last year)
[06:42] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: so youre promoting his attack on the network
[06:42] <gavinandresen> No.  He should have done what he did on the solidcoin test network.
[06:42] <gavinandresen> (you do have a test network, right?)
[06:42] <@RealSolid> sure if anyone runs it
[06:43] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: but he didnt do it
[06:43] <@RealSolid> and your support of a hacker is interesting
[06:43] <@RealSolid> "no he shouldnt have done it , but boys will be boys come on"
[06:44] <gavinandresen> Hackers and script-kiddies are a fact of life, which is exactly why I'm asking you to let me know when you find potential issues.  So we have a chance to fix them before the hackers take advantage of them.
[06:44] <@RealSolid> csshih: hes essentially supporting a known hacker who has caused chaos for thousands of people
[06:45] <@RealSolid> artforz did it mainly just to piss of solidcoin users
[06:45] <@RealSolid> and i find the developer of bitcoin semi-supporting him by telling me to "listen to him
[06:45] <@RealSolid> as rather offensive
[06:45] <gavinandresen> You should listen to ArtForz, as I said he's very smart.
[06:46] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: ok you should listen to him too then, get him to fix your bugs
[06:47] <@RealSolid> if gavin wants to come here to tell me to listen to a blackhat hacker
[06:47] <@RealSolid> he is trying to be offensive
[06:47] <gavinandresen> Ok, this is silly, I don't want to get dragged into "you're supporting a KNOWN TERRORIST!"
[06:48] <gavinandresen> I came here to ask RealSolid to be responsible and report problems or vulnerabilities to the core bitcoin dev team before releasing code that fixes the exploit (because releasing code tells the hackers what to attack).  RealSolid, I'll ask again:  are you willing to do that?
[06:49] <@RealSolid> you ask me to be responsible when your team and supporters are hacking the SC network
[06:49] <gavinandresen> They aren't "my" supporters.  It is not even really "my" team
[06:49] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: if they arent, then i dont understand your tone, maybe youre ignorant about the situation
[06:49] <gavinandresen> (and did Pieter or Jeff or Nils do somethign to solidcoin?)
[06:51] <@RealSolid> we're drama queens
[06:52] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: we've had 2 weeks of many of your developers trashing solidcoin
[06:52] <@RealSolid> and then weve had some of your biggest supporters hacking/exploiting/spamming the networtk
[06:52] <@RealSolid> for you to come in completely ignorant and tell me to listen to the main hacker
[06:52] <@RealSolid> annoys me
[06:53] <@RealSolid> so either you pull the people in line who are supporting you and your project or i dont help your project
[06:53] <@RealSolid> i dont appreciate your people attacking us
[06:53] <gavinandresen> If you watch the talk I gave at the bitcoin conference a couple of weeks ago, I say my #1 qualification for being the project lead is having a thick skin
[06:54] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: i dont understand how you can come here completely ignorant about the last 2 weeks
[06:54] <gavinandresen> My advice to you if you want solidcoin to be a success is to step away from the keyboard when you're annoyed.
[06:54] <@RealSolid> its like you were living in cave
[06:54] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: SC will be a success because i know how to develop successful products
[06:55] <@RealSolid> am i the one asking bitcoin developers for help?
[06:55] <@RealSolid> gavin is here asking me for help
[06:55] <@RealSolid> and he is being offensive in the process
[06:56] <@RealSolid> csshih: artforz is the known hacker, there are others
[06:56] <@RealSolid> gavin came here and told me to listen to the hacker
[06:57] <@RealSolid> csshih: i didnt realize he was a hacker
[06:57] <@RealSolid> until the attack
[06:57] <@RealSolid> he is writing utter bs on the forums about "Warning me"
[06:57] <@RealSolid> he talked to me about 51% attacks
[06:58] <@RealSolid> then he just spams the chain using low fees
[06:58] <@RealSolid> csshih: it doesnt matter if gavin has nothing to do with it, him not knowing the situation and telling me to listen to a hacker is offensive
[06:59] <gavinandresen> So RealSolid, I want to make sure I understand why you decided to create solidcoin-- you think core bitcoin development is going way too slow, and we're not open to new features that will make it better.  Do I have that right?
[07:00] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: that is correct
[07:00] <@RealSolid> i already discussed many of the improvements i wanted in bitcoin prior to starting it
[07:00] <@RealSolid> and no one thought they were needed
[07:01] <@RealSolid> the only option is to create what i thought was the better design
[07:01] <gavinandresen> Well, it is all about risk/reward.  And with core bitcoin, the risks are very high, partly because Satoshi isn't around and he is the only person who really truly deeply understands all of the code.  But mostly because we're talking real money here.
[07:02] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: i understand your hesitance with touching working code
[07:02] <@RealSolid> however the code is a big mess
[07:02] <@RealSolid> and theres so many issues with it and i havent even finished
[07:02] <gavinandresen> ... and several groups are working on re-implementing it, which I support.
[07:02] <@RealSolid> oh?
[07:02] <gavinandresen> What I don't understand is if you want bitcoin to get better, why would you prohibit changes from flowing back upstream?
[07:03] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: because of the morons in your dvelopment team, and other supporters trolling us
[07:03] <gavinandresen> Okey doke.  Like I said, if you want to lead an open source project you'd better have a really thick skin.  That's just the nature of the beast.
[07:04] <@RealSolid> its open source, ask before you use
[07:04] <@RealSolid> simple
[07:04] <Snapman> if you need permisson, that means you allow some, disallow others, that isnt open source..
[07:04] <shadders> ask before you use but don't bother if you're a bitcoin dev coz the answer's no...
[07:04] <Snapman> more liek selective source
[07:04] <@RealSolid> shadders: i never said no to him using source
[07:05] <@RealSolid> hes asking me to pinpoint one of the vulns i know about
[07:05] <@RealSolid> even though the source is there
[07:05] <@RealSolid> ie he wants a short cut
[07:06] <gavinandresen> I would like you to send me private email about vulnerabilities BEFORE releasing source.
[07:06] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: id like you to tell your supporters to not attack SC
[07:07] <@RealSolid> quid pro quo
[07:07] <gavinandresen> Again, they are not "my" supporters, and if I start trying to tell them what to do they'll just laugh at me.
[07:07] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: thats not the impression i get
[07:08] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: you apparently know artforz and think good things about him
[07:08] <Phoebus> What's the big idea? We want a project like bitcoin to really make it, or bitcoin itself. Are we on the same side? The rest is just group dynamics, us vs them BS.
[07:08] <@RealSolid> its not like you have no say to people like him
[07:08] <gavinandresen> Phoebus: +1
[07:08] <@RealSolid> shadders: i dont waste my time with such things, id rather write working code
[07:09] <@RealSolid> gavinandresen: i think you should step down from bitcoin development and let it fail
[07:09] <@RealSolid> because its going to fail soon enough

using code tags for easy scrolling. copy/paste into your favorite word processor for easier reading.

Craig

realsolid's tone is that of an accusatory one. What a cry baby. Wah Wah wah!

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Lumpy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:09:24 PM

Nice job being level-headed and reasonable, Gavin.

ReadSolid/CoinHunter: I thought SolidCoin was an interesting project when you first forked it. But time and time again you have proved yourself to be an arrogant jerk. When all is said and done, let it be known that YOU and YOU ALONE killed SolidCoin. Regardless of what technical strengths you think it has over Bitcoin, your abrasive personality and unwillingness to listen to feedback is enough to make the community reject the chain.
3phase

Activity: 313
Merit: 251

Third score

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:15:37 PM

Nice job being level-headed and reasonable, Gavin.

ReadSolid/CoinHunter: I thought SolidCoin was an interesting project when you first forked it. But time and time again you have proved yourself to be an arrogant jerk. When all is said and done, let it be known that YOU and YOU ALONE killed SolidCoin. Regardless of what technical strengths you think it has over Bitcoin, your abrasive personality and unwillingness to listen to feedback is enough to make the community reject the chain.

It was obvious for anyone to see that it would end up like this. Proof:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38453.msg485776#msg485776

Fiat no more.
Δoκιμάστε τo http://multibit.org - Bitcoin client τώρα και στα Eλληνικά
ohforf

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

we are legion

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:24:54 PM

Grin
Indeed.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀██████ EAT SLEEP DECENTRALIZE ██████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
titbb

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:36:23 PM

Grin

ohyeah, more juicy bits:
Code:
[07:09] <csshih> you want bitcoin dev to fail, and solidcoin to take over?
[07:10] <@RealSolid> csshih: sure, the better system should succeed in the end
[07:10] <@RealSolid> gavin is just delaying it

Craig

What a big epeen here! Jezus! What an arrogant selfish child! So he refuses to help others because he wants his own 'project' to succeed. Shame its still based on BTC, seems your forgetting that little part?

I dont condone attacks on other peoples views or beliefs or even their own projects, but mr RealSolid is making it very easy here.
eleuthria
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:53:54 PM

Good job Gavin on how you handled this.  Nice to see at least one side of the conversation remained diplomatic and respectful.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 04:57:36 PM

Good job Gavin on how you handled this.  Nice to see at least one side of the conversation remained diplomatic and respectful.

+1 agreed Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:05:45 PM

I support banning the solidcoin developers from this forum.  Angry

Fixed Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:07:53 PM

Gavin Andresen just gained a lot of respect from me. What a good guy.

RealSolid seems to be on the verge of a total breakdown.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:09:26 PM

Gavin Andresen just gained a lot of respect from me. What a good guy.

RealSolid seems to be on the verge of a total breakdown.

Yeah Gavin really did handle the adversity very well. No insults. No slander. Just wanting to work with coinhunter.

Coinhunter sure seemed like he had a personal vendetta against the entire bitcoin project and also appeared to want Gavin's position/job.

(shakes head)

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

AnRkey

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:15:06 PM

+1
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:22:40 PM

It should be noted that publicly posting logs of private* IRC channels is arguably illegal (copyright and/or wiretapping) and explicitly against Freenode's policies.
If you're considering publishing channel logs, think it through.  The freenode network is an interactive environment. Even on public channels, most users don't weigh their comments with the idea that they'll be enshrined in perpetuity. For that reason, few participants publish logs.

If you're publishing logs on an ongoing basis, your channel topic should reflect that fact. Be sure to provide a way for users to make comments without logging, and get permission from the channel owners before you start. If you're thinking of "anonymizing" your logs (removing information that identifies the specific users), be aware that it's difficult to do it well—replies and general context often provide identifying information which is hard to filter.

If you just want to publish a single conversation, be careful to get permission from each participant. Provide as much context as you can. Avoid the temptation to publish or distribute logs without permission in order to portray someone in a bad light. The reputation you save will most likely be your own.

* As stated above, "private" is the default for channels, unless they are known to be publicly logged usually by a mention in the topic.

Interesting he says ArtForz is the attacker. He was obstinately accusing me yesterday.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:27:29 PM

It should be noted that publicly posting logs of private* IRC channels is arguably illegal (copyright and/or wiretapping) and explicitly against Freenode's policies.
If you're considering publishing channel logs, think it through.  The freenode network is an interactive environment. Even on public channels, most users don't weigh their comments with the idea that they'll be enshrined in perpetuity. For that reason, few participants publish logs.

If you're publishing logs on an ongoing basis, your channel topic should reflect that fact. Be sure to provide a way for users to make comments without logging, and get permission from the channel owners before you start. If you're thinking of "anonymizing" your logs (removing information that identifies the specific users), be aware that it's difficult to do it well—replies and general context often provide identifying information which is hard to filter.

If you just want to publish a single conversation, be careful to get permission from each participant. Provide as much context as you can. Avoid the temptation to publish or distribute logs without permission in order to portray someone in a bad light. The reputation you save will most likely be your own.

* As stated above, "private" is the default for channels, unless they are known to be publicly logged usually by a mention in the topic.

Interesting he says ArtForz is the attacker. He was obstinately accusing me yesterday.

So I supposed copy and paste is illegal then right? lol

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 05:33:41 PM

I'm sorry, I must have missed the copyright notices.
Copyright law does not require notices. Everything is copyrighted by default.

Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 07:24:04 PM

Anyone who thinks that they shouldn't take advice from hackers should never be a lead developer on ANYTHING. Hackers provide some of the best advice you'll ever get on a project, especially if they are willing to talk to you FOR FREE. Many hackers would make you pay for the kinds of things that ArtForz told you. If a hacker tells you of a possible attack, as the lead developer, instead of ignoring them, you should LISTEN and DROP EVERYTHING to fix the issue. Not doing so results in what we just saw. It also results in things like MtGox, Mybitcoin, and Sony.

True blackhat hackers won't even reveal themselves, let alone talk to you. If someone warns you about something, you should heed that advice, regardless of who it comes from.

titbb

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 07:31:56 PM

Anyone who thinks that they shouldn't take advice from hackers should never be a lead developer on ANYTHING. Hackers provide some of the best advice you'll ever get on a project, especially if they are willing to talk to you FOR FREE. Many hackers would make you pay for the kinds of things that ArtForz told you. If a hacker tells you of a possible attack, as the lead developer, instead of ignoring them, you should LISTEN and DROP EVERYTHING to fix the issue. Not doing so results in what we just saw. It also results in things like MtGox, Mybitcoin, and Sony.

True blackhat hackers won't even reveal themselves, let alone talk to you. If someone warns you about something, you should heed that advice, regardless of who it comes from.

Good point.

It just shows he is too selfish in thinking that HIS own fork will be the winner over BTC.
Lumpy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2011, 07:47:44 PM

Sony.

Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: