Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:10:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] New Solidcoin Client Fully Open-Source!  (Read 23751 times)
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 06:12:26 AM

Isn't it funny how "poor" SolidCoin is yet we have people writing open source clients for it, wanting to try to take control of it. If it was worthless they wouldn't want to, something to consider for the sane minds reading this thread. Smiley

CoinHunter, are you galactically stupid? You have to understand that community has no problem with the idea of solidcoin as a btc fork. Problem is the retarded monkey in solidcoin kitchen, who keeps damaging not only his own image and reputation (if there is anything left to damage) but keeps throwing shit at the entire BTC community. Unstable idiot like RealSolid (IRC) are the problem, not the software!
Remove the mad monkey, his home made "licence" and we all can move on.
Those idiots (RealSolid and his sock puppets) have pissed of exchanges, developers, investors etc. Sooner those unstable jokers are removed from the project, better it is for all of us.

Keep up the work with the fully open-source. Thank you.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 06:29:23 AM

CoinHunter, are you galactically stupid?

I think I know him well enough to answer for him.

FUCK YEAH.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
wallet.dat

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 06:31:16 AM

I will gladly run my whole farm on a new fork to get it going.

Remove the Bounty Coins and the inserted blocks. For all we know CoinHunter still holds a bunch of bounty coins.

I see a new fork a coming!

That would only serve to piss off more people than you probably want to just to get back at one guy.

"MOOOOOOOM! THE MEATLOAF!!! F**K!"
itsagas

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 06:32:36 AM

well actually, a fork WOULD test out his "new 51% attack prevention solution"
SolidCoin

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 06:49:17 AM

So youre going to hurt all the people who got a bounty just because someone was abrasive ?

Some of the best chefs in the world are complete assholes yet you dont see people refusing to eat at their restaurants. Dont want to get hurt feelings? Dont go in the kitchen...

Actually, my suggestion was that the prohibition on spending his pre-mined coins should be implemented at the current block. The people who PREVIOUSLY took bounty money in good faith before CoinHunter screwed up big time and lost control of his project should not be penalized.

I think thats wise if you go down that path.

However who gets to choose who owns what coins ?

SolidCoin

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 06:50:58 AM

well actually, a fork WOULD test out his "new 51% attack prevention solution"

You are assuming compatibility with the current system. The longer fork would have to be accepted by the existing clients.
Detritus

Activity: 295
Merit: 98

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 08:29:32 AM

Who has the skills to start a new fork?

Starting a new chain involves changing one line of code. The one holding the genesis block.
 Recompiling and handing out the code.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 08:33:36 AM

Starting a new chain involves changing one line of code. The one holding the genesis block.
Actually a couple of lines : the genesis timestamp, nonce, merkle root, and the actual block hash that you need to compute. But yes, it's not very hard, also don't forget to remove and hardcoded checkpoints Smiley

wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 08:40:28 AM

Actually a couple of lines : the genesis timestamp, nonce, merkle root, and the actual block hash that you need to compute. But yes, it's not very hard, also don't forget to remove and hardcoded checkpoints Smiley

Don't forget to disable handling of orphans, if you're trying to be as stupid as CoinHunter. Also don't forget to provoke ArtForz and then the rest of the community all in 48 hours.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:02:03 AM

Don't forget to disable handling of orphans, if you're trying to be as stupid as CoinHunter. Also don't forget to provoke ArtForz and then the rest of the community all in 48 hours.

I'm serious, let's fork Solidcoin, invalidate all his premined and added blocks and run with it.

I vote to consider all unspent pre mined blocks invalid starting at, say, block 30,000. Use some common sense here: invalidating _ALL_ of them with no warning potentially fucks people who bought his pre mined coins on exchanges, or people who bought SC from whoever got bounties and cashed them out. CoinHunter did actually give some coins to SCguild for being the first pool to hit a certain size, and I got something like SC0.2 of that. I wouldn't care about losing 0.2 coins, but what about people who bought them legitimately, or took them as payments? And for that matter, since the coins all mix at exchanges, invalidating the blocks _PERIOD_ means random people could lose many of their LEGITIMATELY acquired coins.

Starting at block 30,000, we simply don't let them be spent. Then nobody who took coins in good faith is harmed, but CoinHunter still is. Smiley

Yes, I know we're past block 30,000, but the fork's going to be testing CoinHunter's claim about his 51%-proofing. And we'll probably have much more mining power than him. Smiley

TheLaundryMan

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:18:03 AM

Keep the chain going and fork it. I don't know if backwards compatability is possible but, everyone who got coins whether premined or not shouldn't suffer.
Detritus

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:45:34 AM

I think that a lot of us, with some minor effort, could produce a new block chain, again, and again, and again.

I just hope the same people are wise enough not too.
wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 09:58:31 AM

I just hope the same people are wise enough not too.

With proper handling of block lock-in that becomes much, much harder. But it's a good step towards securing a legitimate chain if things are forked.

Detritus

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:08:56 AM

With proper handling of block lock-in that becomes much, much harder. But it's a good step towards securing a legitimate chain if things are forked.

Better off to let it die and be done with the whole sorry affair.
wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:12:29 AM

It's ixcoins that really need to die. 580,000 pre-mined coins. Ugh. And some people actually believe it's not a scam.

aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:35:00 AM

It's ixcoins that really need to die. 580,000 pre-mined coins. Ugh. And some people actually believe it's not a scam.

Quote from: Albert Einstein
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:40:41 AM

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Pffft. Einstein only said that because he never saw CoinHunter's ego.

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:42:03 AM

I can hear Wolfman's brain cells popping trying to figure that one out  Wink

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
TheLaundryMan

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 10:46:18 AM

There is no reason not to keep going with solidcoin as an open source project. The bugs have been fixed. Quit taking your hate about a developer too far. Hes arrogant and an asshole, but the software is now fine to use and many people wish to continue it. He is not the head of the project anymore with this open source release. Mining pools should open back up and other exchanges that closed should open up again.
Spacy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 11:15:37 AM

There is no reason not to keep going with solidcoin as an open source project. The bugs have been fixed. Quit taking your hate about a developer too far. Hes arrogant and an asshole, but the software is now fine to use and many people wish to continue it. He is not the head of the project anymore with this open source release. Mining pools should open back up and other exchanges that closed should open up again.

+1

OSS wins most of the time...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: