Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:53:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WorldWideCoin(WWC): One Innovative Crypto-Currency, beyond POW/POS  (Read 9631 times)
newbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:16:11 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 03:30:19 PM by newbitcoin

Section 1. Introduction

We are developing a new innovative crypto-currency provisionally called WorldWideCoin(WWC). Someone in our team insist on calling it NewBitCoin, thus the final name is up to your feedbacks.

The new crypto-currency has one significant innovation, i.e., replacing the traditional Proof-of-Work(POW)[1] or Proof-of-Stake(POS)[2]

system by the Proof-of-Serial-Work(POSW) system to provide network security. This new-type system can completely solve the current major problems in POW/POS system and exhilaratingly bring more important benefits. Considering that some crypto-currencies based on POS system call themself the 2nd generation crypto-currencies, we expect this new crypto-currency to be recognized as the 3rd generation crypto-currency in future.

Section 2. The disadvantages of the traditional POW/POS system

As people mentioned before, the cryptocurrencies based on POW system have the following major disadvantages that may cause bitcoin to be at risk:
(1) More and more meaningless energy consumption.
(2) Centralized mining pools[3] degrading the decentralization of Bitcoin.
Please see Fig.2(2014-01-10) for detail. This risk comes from an unexpected quarter.
(3) Tragedy of the Commons[4][5].

The crypto-currencies based on POS system almost all have the following major disadvantages:
(1) Only miner that owns enormous quantities of coins can have high likelihood of earning the transaction fee, which leads to inequity and also centralized mining.
(2) If one has plenty of coins and keeps them for a long time, he may have the ability to rewrite the block chain history.
(3) Centralized Checkpointing [6]

Section 3. What is the Proof-of-Serial-Work(POSW) system

Obviously, the POW system of bitcoin is designed to be in parallel, which means that the hashrate can easily be raised by increasing the number of the same machines. This is the root cause of meaningless energy consumption and brings no benefits to bitcoin network. In fact, we should rename the traditional POW system as Proof-of-Parallel-Work(POPW) system.

Contrary to the POPW system, the POSW system is restricted to only be in serial. As all MPI programers know, some types of algorithms cannot be implemented in parallel manners. It's amazing that those types of algorithms are excellent for bitcoin-incentive-system but inconvenient for almost other applications. Enlightened by the MPI programing, we redesigned the entire transaction-network and incentive-system.

The steps to run the POSW system at Node-X are listed as follows:

(1) Assuming Block-H is the latest local block, Node-X should first verify several previous blocks, for instance, from Block-A created by the Node-A with IP-A to Block-H created by the Node-H with IP-H.
(2) Node-X collects new transactions as a finite set S, and the cardinality of the finite set S is designated by N.
(3) From set S, only f(N) different types of blocks can be produced by Node-X to meet norms which are accepted by all honest nodes, and the function f(N) is adjustable and hard-coded into client software.
(4) Node-X works on calculating a POSW for each different block. Each POSW calculation is based on the hash of Block-H, etc. The time costed for one calculation merely depend on the performance of one CPU on this serial program and is momentarily designed to be about one minute for common CPUs. Therefore, only f(N) CPUs are effective to increase the computing speed of one node.
(5) Node-X chooses the best block which gives the most difficult POSW and broadcasts it to all nodes.
(6) Node-X receives the blocks from other nodes and accepts the block whose POSW is the most difficult one as the Block-I.
(7) Node-X verifies Block-I(later is OK) and works on creating the next block.

Section 4. Why the POSW system can solve the major problems of traditional POW/POS system and bring more benefits?

(1) The POSW system actually is one type of the generalized POW system but not the existing traditional POW system and thus of course have no problems merely occuring on the POS system.
(2) During the POSW calculations at one node, only f(N) CPUs are effective to increase the computing speed. Assuming the total number of nodes in the world is M, then the total number of effective CPUs will be limited to be no more than M*f(N). This means that the maximal energy consumption of the POSW network is finite and also can be adjusted by modifying the function f(N).
(3) There is still another way to increase the entire computing speed, i.e., increasing the number of nodes. This increase is useful and brings a benefit to the entire POSW network, that is, improving the network's stability, reliability and security.
(4) Centralized mining pools are not allowed because the maximal computing speed of each node is limited. And wonderfully, it makes everyone with a common PC and a well network connectivity have the potential to earn coins by creating blocks in the long run.
(5) Compared with the POPW-mining, the POSW-mining makes much larger profits and thus suffers a much weaker influence of the 3rd disadvantage of POPW system mentioned above.

Section 5. Announcement

(1) We want to spend more time extending the influence of this new crypto-currency and to attract more people for the public external tesing to prevent a 51% attack.
(2) As students, we don't have much personal effects to sell to afford the following expenses, i.e., the costs of several stable nodes which should be prepared for public external tesing and the final launch, the block explorer, the official website, the official forum, etc. From another point of view, this means that each donor will be one creator of this new crypto-currency.
(3)You can donate Bitcoin(BTC) to this project by sending them to the following address:
1GPk1Wv2TrwySuin9WU86texWEwdG8FQA9
(4) Our team can be reached via email at newbtcmail@gmail.com
(5) This poster will be updated with new notifications.

References

[1] Satoshi Nakamoto, "Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System", 2009.
[2] Sunny King and Scott Nadal, "PPCoin: Peer-to-Peer Crypto-Currency with Proof-of-Stake", 2012.
[3] https://blockchain.info/zh-cn/pools
[4] https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_Commons
[5] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6284.0
[6] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peercoin
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
newbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:20:08 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 09:00:34 AM by newbitcoin

Key Milestones
Under Discussion

Thanks for all relpies!

Luckly, there have been no donations so that we have freedom to develop this project although it may require much more time.

Only when this project is well finished and is successfully tested, we will release it to the public.

Newmine

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:23:09 PM

Good luck.
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:25:54 PM

LOLOLOL
walnutter

Activity: 148

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:31:22 PM

Worldcoin WDC and Bitcoin BTC are already well known so your coin's name has to be something unique since it seems to be something different than just another copy paste like the recent coins.

thisisnotmyltcusername

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:17:01 PM

bitcoin scam attempts are getting insanely cheaper by the day, another new ponzi low...
newbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:19:10 PM

Worldcoin WDC and Bitcoin BTC are already well known so your coin's name has to be something unique since it seems to be something different than just another copy paste like the recent coins.

Yes, you are right.
But all good names are occupied, e.g., the "Webcoin" which is the first name of this coin.
Turpomann

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:54:34 PM

Emphasis on donating bitcoins to the project sounds like ponzi. Wait, it sounds like pyramid scam. Cheesy

I apologize my rally english. | (COMM) CVHe5HzG61dq7yULUKss9xzYzWzJnenFBN
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:58:22 PM

I sent you 500 BTC. Could you please send me back 1 WWC? Thanks
newbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:16:16 PM

You are not serious!  Smiley
Please deliberate the POSW system, although I havn't given much technical details.
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:38:54 PM

You have noticed a bitcoin foundation, wtf? Being extremelly carefull.

Distribution schema is typical multi-level-marketing pyramide. Partially just pure ponzi due to multipliers. The potential value of investment doesnt come to existence from the value growth but from following donors (just pure ponzi - newcomers paying the older members of pyramide). The only difference is that the pyramide is limited to only few early adopters.

Not willing to take any part at all.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
Turpomann

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:41:34 PM

Okay, I got it. 7% premine and your genious plan is to sell 4% of those for 1000BTC or more.  Grin

I apologize my rally english. | (COMM) CVHe5HzG61dq7yULUKss9xzYzWzJnenFBN
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 06:50:30 PM

Scam again.
Please stop it.
EloquentThinker

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:14:24 PM

Scam. Pretty obvious one too.

Satoshi didn't need investment with Bitcoin. Anyone that asks for any kind of money should be rounded up and dealt with.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:21:40 PM

This is it, the next bitcoin killer. I'm in again. I have invested over 100BTC with these ipo/premined  super coins. If just one takes off i'll be rich.

Bigeyeone

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:33:58 PM

This coin sounded pretty innovative and pretty cool as a coin for the masses a coin anyone with a PC and internet connection can mine until ...

The genesis block contains 7% of the total coins, of which 4% will be distributed to donors and 3% will be distributed to our team to form a foundation which is similar to Bitcoin Foundation. The bitcoins contributed by donors will be used to afford the expenses of this project.

so a 7 % pre-mine, and you are selling a 4 % pre-mine upfront right now and keeping a 3 % premine yourself.

I am sorry but to me this looks like a scam, swims like a scam and quacks like a scam, so it probably is a scam

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
vrm86

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:44:09 PM

You just set the market price. All aboard the train!
rmindel

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:45:14 PM

This coin sounded pretty innovative and pretty cool as a coin for the masses a coin anyone with a PC and internet connection can mine until ...

The genesis block contains 7% of the total coins, of which 4% will be distributed to donors and 3% will be distributed to our team to form a foundation which is similar to Bitcoin Foundation. The bitcoins contributed by donors will be used to afford the expenses of this project.

so a 7 % pre-mine, and you are selling a 4 % pre-mine upfront right now and keeping a 3 % premine yourself.

I am sorry but to me this looks like a scam, swims like a scam and quacks like a scam, so it probably is a scam

sounds like a coin for a botnet, you just need minimal computing from all the bots and you have >51% of the net hash, and can ruin the coin - easy Smiley
something the regular PoW is fine against

so PoSW - not good Tongue
kamrog

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:48:28 PM

7% premine! Let me tell you something mister  - this should be decentralized currency which means that it should be taken to the moon by community not by single group! Don't try to centralize it and pretending that you are the only one who can take it to public using premining! If it's good enough it will stay, if it's another shitcoin then it will die. Premining will only make the things worse.
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:54:49 PM

I realize that you may have gotten advanced education. As your post just looks like scientific PAPER with sections, fig1,2...

I am really ashame of you.

The well education didn't make you wise, honest, but greedy.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: