Bitcoin Forum
August 09, 2024, 05:20:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coiyne's media attention is exploding but being mined by equiv. ~1900 R9 290s  (Read 1030 times)
neuroMode (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:03:38 PM

1.53Ghash/s NETWORK divided by ~800Khash/s per R9 290 (roughly) = A measly ~1900 video cards mining Coiyne right now.

I understand the original developers sucked ass but they made this monster that is gaining ridiculous attention in the media by itself. The original devs are gone now and a new team is taking over to continue the coin.

Just take a moment to see the national attention it is getting:

https://twitter.com/search?q=coinye&src=typd&f=realtime

http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/14/kanye-west-sues-coinye-west-currency-lawsuit/

IT'S ON FUCKING TMZ.

All of this and the coiyne is being kept alive by a few hundred miners.

Doesn't that seem a little underwhelming?

If anyone was sitting on the sidelines waiting to get involved with developing a coin, this is a golden opportunity. Unless you think Kayne will sue you to oblivion. Will a celeb honestly be able to stop a coin easier than a government can?

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
Pangia

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:09:26 PM

1.53Ghash/s NETWORK divided by ~800Khash/s per R9 290 (roughly) = A measly ~1900 video cards mining Coiyne right now.

I understand the original developers sucked ass but they made this monster that is gaining ridiculous attention in the media by itself. The original devs are gone now and a new team is taking over to continue the coin.

IT'S ON FUCKING TMZ.

If anyone was sitting on the sidelines waiting to get involved with developing a coin, this is a golden opportunity. Unless you think Kayne will sue you to oblivion. Will a celeb honestly be able to stop a coin easier than a government can?

No, a celebrity won't be able to stop a coin, BUT their legal team can stop exchanges and merchants from interacting with those coins.  Why would I want to put a coin on my exchange when I will be sued? Why deal with those headaches when there's 70 other coins I can entertain without the risk of a lawsuit?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
KingGoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:26:37 PM

IT'S ON FUCKING TMZ.

No, a celebrity won't be able to stop a coin, BUT their legal team can stop exchanges and merchants from interacting with those coins.  Why would I want to put a coin on my exchange when I will be sued? Why deal with those headaches when there's 70 other coins I can entertain without the risk of a lawsuit?

bullshit lol look at piratebay they got 100000000x times more legal problems than coinye  Cheesy Cheesy It all depends on in what country the exchange is located,who runs it etc ....

So Icy E-Money - Frozentalk.org FD1GwdBjTeMPFdZD5v3cVRG7ZoPJBAuLrf
All these girls excited ,Oooo ya know they like it ,Frozen so icy, so icy ,Haters don't try to fight it ,All yo friends invited ,Frozen so icy, so icy!!
neuroMode (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:50:46 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2014/01/14/kanye-west-bitcoins/4475309/?sf21641955=1

Just got picked up by USA today.

KAYNE STILL DOESN'T FUCKING GET IT.

This is like living a real life South Park episode.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
hastalavista

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:54:21 PM

southpark guys should make another episode how kanye tries to stop coinye - the legacy of fishsticks
Scribbles646

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:54:57 PM

The legal issues attached to this only bring bad attention, and legal liability to the community at large, boycott its use and users.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:56:21 PM

decentralised exchanges needed.

If one retarded asswipe celeb's greedy little manager can put a stop to a currency, just think what a group of intelligent individuals with some real power could do.

daytrader420

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:09:55 PM

The network hashrate has dropped from 5gh/s from the beginning, as well as the difficulty has crumbled.

Dev's dumped their COYE and services now too.

So yea, I would say this is blowing up. But in a different manner.

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: