Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:43:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Fedoracoin - The Community is Taking Over [MAIN]  (Read 57565 times)
popcoins

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:23:41 PM

Sorry about interuption! Just want to brainstorming some ideas here.

Why not we practically (as in application usage) ignore all values after decimal so that all values after the decimal place will contribute to a community pool for partial investment of TIPS dev and partially for Donations to wherever priority help is needed.

So now we will have a nice looking currency without decimal places. We all have 500 Bils TIPS plus other digital currency avaliable already, so.
In fact why TIPS with decimal places unit right!

If 1c = 1 TIPS thats awesome already Smiley
But what if 1 TIPS = 1$ it looks, and feels, and sounds mavelous right Smiley

EXKeCmw2NcQzRqJZKFdvjx7KBMqTxDKMNq

███
                              █████
           ██           █████████              ██
       █████         
█████████         ██████
     ████████         
█████         █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
            ████████              █████████
               █████       ███       █████

███       ██       █████       ██       ███
    █████            █████████            █████
█████████    █████████████    █████████
      ███        ██      █████      ██      ███
               █████      ███       █████
         ████████       
███       █████████
     ████████         
█████        █████████
       █████         
█████████        ██████
           ██           
█████████           ██
                              █████
                                ███

Adonx.one

◆ Twitter
◆ Telegram
◆ Discord

withfedoraco.in

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 11:31:54 PM

Guys, a quick teaser update from us to let you know that we're still active.

We're done with the first version of the actual payment processing.
It's still a bit rough-cut, but the proof of concept very much works.

In the first screenshot below, you can see our server logs just after the server got a payment to the inbox account of user 'test'.

That payment has not yet been confirmed, but we're logging it as 'seen'.

This way we can notify users of the Javascript Client-side payment flow through the use of websockets that we've received their transaction almost immediately after they've clicked send.

In the next screenshot, you can see the logs at a later time:

First, there has been one block since we received the first transaction, but said transaction was not in that block.
The next block did contain our transaction, so we detected that the transaction was now confirmed one time.

At that point, the balance is moved from the 'inbox' of user test to the wallet of user test.
Now, the balance will show up as 'unconfirmed' on the user's dashboard.

With each following block the transaction is confirmed more and after a certain threshold (settable by the site owner) the transaction becomes 'verified' and w/ Fedoracoin issues a callback to the website that the purchase was made on.
The transaction is now complete for the user, and they get the item they paid for.

After an additional number of transactions (we're still debating the exact number, but a payment processor should be reliable and actively battle double-spending) the balance becomes confirmed and user 'test' can withdraw the balance to a Fedoracoin address.

That's it for now folks!

Don't forget to visit the site/bump our threads if you want to support us!
If you have a reddit account, we'd appreciate it if you would help with spreading the word.

w/ Fedoracoin - The first Fedoracoin payment processor: http://pay.withfedoraco.in/
Developers can now sign up at http://dashboard.withfedoraco.in/
mouseman

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:17:45 AM

This coin definitely has some big brains working on it.
Looking good on that payment processor.
Based on the digging, looks like we are conclusive on the 500 billion mintage(?)
Agree with many others here about improving the wallet design, etc as well as delving into the code deeper as many are now doing. Thanks.
withfedoraco.in

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 09:46:57 AM

Based on the digging, looks like we are conclusive on the 500 billion mintage(?)

The max number of coins available isn't defined in a single variable, it's defined as a convergent series (which, in this case, converges to around 500B).

w/ Fedoracoin - The first Fedoracoin payment processor: http://pay.withfedoraco.in/
theking7426 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:40:56 AM

So would it be right to say that pooler_miner had the correct answer?
gunmaster217

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:22:09 AM

Just bought 1.33 billion fedoracoins!!!! I believe in this coin!
norcalnewbie707

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:46:22 AM

The Hat looks good. You should put an edge around the coin so it gives it the look of a real coin. Did you illustrate this by hand or this a modified image from one of the proprietary software programs?

Is there any news on who won the logo contest yet? There is some interesting work in that regard. I think any copyrighted material used, unless it is illustrated by hand should probably not be used for long term adaption or ever in any type of competition.
MystPhysX

Activity: 597

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:48:04 AM

Ya it seemed that way and no problem it is a step in the right direction.
We are working on getting the hosting setup do you have any service you would recommend?
Sorry I don't have any experience with hosting services, I've always hosted on my own servers.

Just wondering, what was your intitial affiliation with Fedoracoin? Like were you part of development or any of that?

I've just been present since the idea was first proposed, I handled the promotion and thread here for a while but that's about it.

MystPhysX, We wanted to create a Facebook presence, but a fedoracoin page already exists.  Do you know who set up the existing Facebook page?
Afraid not, have you tried messaging them?

Fozy

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 02:12:48 PM

We are working on getting the hosting setup do you have any service you would recommend?
Sorry I don't have any experience with hosting services, I've always hosted on my own servers.

Just wondering, what was your intitial affiliation with Fedoracoin? Like were you part of development or any of that?

I've just been present since the idea was first proposed, I handled the promotion and thread here for a while but that's about it.

MystPhysX, We wanted to create a Facebook presence, but a fedoracoin page already exists.  Do you know who set up the existing Facebook page?
Indeed.  No response as of yet.

theking7426 (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:47:57 PM

i love when withfedoraco.in posts, It always gets the community pumped Smiley

Alright guys lets help out some of the other pools out there. I will be working with the pool very soon to get some promotions going. until then lets support some of the smaller pools and get that hash rate spread out a bit.

Notnull has far to much of the network hash power, lets be a community and spread the power.

http://chickenstrips.net -  has a giveaway going on right now, and have been super lucky the past few days Wink
or try one of these other pool, all running smooth Smiley
http://core.fedoracoin.net/
http://fedora.luckyminers.com/
http://fedora.coin-pool.org/
thaReal

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:09:21 PM

It seems like that's been the story with everything... Don't understand how you could spend all the time working on developing a coin and then when the community starts to pick up, you disappear off the face of the earth?? Then again, now that I put it like that I guess I can think of one recent case where this happened and things seemed to work out pretty well in the end  Roll Eyes

But in all honesty, you may just want to start a new facebook page to compliment the site, I wouldn't count on waiting for a response from the owner and it's probably something you want to have updated to go along with the release of the new site. Best bet is to just create one that's the 'new' Fedoracoin FB; I'm sure most people who find it already probably realize what's going on.
withfedoraco.in

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 07:36:40 PM

The current fanpage with 16 likes doesn't even have a username claimed - there is not reason to try to take that one over.
There's another one with 3 likes and no content that does have a claim to the username 'fedoracoin' though.

biodieselchris

Activity: 579

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 08:14:27 PM

I tried sending this to the pool contact but I got a "email cannot be sent" so I wanted to post it here and see if anyone can help me?
 Huh Huh Huh Huh  ====>

I tried fedora windows XP cpu mining with cgminer-3.7.2 and this bat file line:
cgminer-nogpu.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum+tcp://fedora.my-pool.in:3333 -u <me.worker> -p <pass> -I 11

which didn't work. Clicking on the .bat file essentially flash-opens a cmd window and then it dies immediately. I also tried minerd.exe with the same .bat and that didn't work either.

I tried fedora's "enlgihten" in the client. There is no support provided for setting this up in 'Getting Started' section [of any pools, really], so I tried various server names. When I click 'start mining' it says "Mining error" and delivers this in the debug window for all server names attempted:

minerd --algo scrypt --scantime 99 --url stratum+tcp://fedora.my-pool.in:333 --userpass <ME:me> --threads 99 --retried -1 -P

Is the pool down or is anyone having no success with this?

donatel99

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 01:38:03 AM

The Hat looks good. You should put an edge around the coin so it gives it the look of a real coin. Did you illustrate this by hand or this a modified image from one of the proprietary software programs?

Is there any news on who won the logo contest yet? There is some interesting work in that regard. I think any copyrighted material used, unless it is illustrated by hand should probably not be used for long term adaption or ever in any type of competition.

I did it. I am a cg artist. I can do a lot of things...

just finished the hat in 3d, dull part is over, now the logo, Cheesy

http://www.urbangraff.ca/images_new/Capture2.JPG
popcoins

Activity: 577

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:26:59 AM

Maya man nice work Smiley May be a toni render logo clip animation would be nice too Smiley

███
                              █████
           ██           █████████              ██
       █████         
█████████         ██████
     ████████         
█████         █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
               █████       ███       █████

███       ██       █████       ██       ███
      ███        ██      █████      ██      ███
               █████      ███       █████
         ████████       
███       █████████
     ████████         
█████        █████████
       █████         
█████████        ██████
           ██           
█████████           ██
                              █████
                                ███

Adonx.one

◆ Twitter
◆ Telegram
◆ Discord

balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:28:43 AM

RESERVED
MystPhysX

Activity: 597

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:33:58 AM

I guess it was abandoned. Oh and regarding the forum, there is one at http://forum.fedoracoin.net

theking7426 (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:11:51 PM

Ya not much action on the forums over there right now. Lots of people over at IRC though #fedoracoin

donatel99

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:33:14 AM

Logo contest vote here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421662.msg4585747#msg4585747
theking7426 (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:08:37 AM

FED.NOTNULL.ORG LOOKS LIKE IT IS DOWN AT THE MOMENT.

There are many other pools, point your power at them for the time being.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: