Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:21:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FluxBitcoin Monitor for Sony Smartwatch 2  (Read 871 times)
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 05:18:58 AM

Today I made a Bitcoin monitor app for the Sony Smartwatch 2. That's probably as niche as it can get with 0.01% having bitcoin and 0.0001% having that Smartwatch but I'd like to share it anyway with you.
I bought a Pebble and a Sony Smartwatch 2 for other projects and noticed that since then I'm only pulling out my phone to check the bitcoin price action, so I made that little app and guess it's quite ok for a one day project with market release (at this moment not yet listed in my market apps. Might take some hours.), video and bitbucket repo. Yes, it's open source, so if you don't like it, send me a pull request and I will happily improve it. Also if you happen to have a Smartwatch 1 (how many people do at all?) or some of the other Sony gadgets, maybe it would fit in there, too.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bradmurmz

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 05:51:08 AM

Nice Work.. Was thinking about making one for my galaxy gear... always pulling out the phone to check the price as well  Tongue
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 06:53:39 AM

Nice Work.. Was thinking about making one for my galaxy gear... always pulling out the phone to check the price as well  Tongue

Did you check out the galaxy gear api? Think that can be integrated in this app?

I figured Pebble and Sony Smartwatch would be the bigger platforms and I must say I am still not sure if I can suggest any of these. The Pebble is open and yeah, kind of cool but doesn't stand at all a comparison to the same price range Sony SW2. The SW2 on the other hand has weird limitations such as no ScrollView with buttons. You can only have lists that scroll. Totally killed an app I wanted to develop for it. The SW1 using a completely different api doesn't make me hope the SW3 will run my code, so yeah, I might have to buy the SW3, too? Pebble should be easier in this regard. Else the concept in Sony SW is that everything happens in Android and gets pushed to the device, which is kind of cool as it doesn't require to learn something new as an Android developer and I find it remarkable that Sony went for an Android only solution.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 08:36:41 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 09:42:03 PM by giszmo

Still can't find a JSON http://www.huobi.com/ ticker Sad

Edit: nevermind. sorry for bumping. Found huobi's api here: https://detail.huobi.com/staticmarket/detail.html

Edit: Now the smartwatch extension shows Huobi, BTCChina, MtGox and Bitstamp Smiley

ɃɃ
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 03:13:45 PM

Nice job, giszmo. Now, turn Pebble into a wallet, and we'll have a winner.

Discovered Pebble a few minutes ago via Kickstarter via an email I received, reviewing Kickstarter 2013.
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 10:24:26 PM

Nice job, giszmo. Now, turn Pebble into a wallet, and we'll have a winner.

I know you would punch in data with the 3 buttons interface of the pebble but I doubt many others would. Sorry Bruno but I will leave that to somebody else Wink

ɃɃ
Onetallnerd

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 05:40:22 AM

Today I made a Bitcoin monitor app for the Sony Smartwatch 2. That's probably as niche as it can get with 0.01% having bitcoin and 0.0001% having that Smartwatch but I'd like to share it anyway with you.
I bought a Pebble and a Sony Smartwatch 2 for other projects and noticed that since then I'm only pulling out my phone to check the bitcoin price action, so I made that little app and guess it's quite ok for a one day project with market release (at this moment not yet listed in my market apps. Might take some hours.), video and bitbucket repo. Yes, it's open source, so if you don't like it, send me a pull request and I will happily improve it. Also if you happen to have a Smartwatch 1 (how many people do at all?) or some of the other Sony gadgets, maybe it would fit in there, too.
Sweet also happens to be the watch my brother just bought! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: