Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:27:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Atheism does not exist  (Read 11631 times)
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:45:17 PM

Religious people also completely ignore the scientific method, which is also a non-starter.

comments like this make atheists sound like idiots

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:27:07 PM

Scientific law is just that, law.  And you know what they say about rules, right?  They're made to be broken.  I have first hand experience that it is possible to exploit the laws of physics.  Once we abandon their stronghold against our dreams, our dreams will become as real as life itself.

When you are able to find no words, no thoughts, just now, then you either should go see a doctor (if it's a repeating occurence) or just take your time. You'll find words eventually (otherwise try to improve your language skills and boost your vocabulary).

As to that, please try meditating yourself before throwing outlandish phrases at an individual.  Any Buddha, monk, yogi or truly enlightened individual has experienced life without thought.  When you are devoid of thought, you are truly in the present and focused on this reality.  This is how people fall in love, with them selves or others, through feeling, not thinking.

There is no proof of god therefore by your logic god does not exist.

Your logic however is flawed. The one who is trying to prove a negative is always the religious person in a given debate.

The atheists simply point out that the concept of god has no predictive capacity. You have the burden of proof with no proof.

Game Over.

This thread is not about proof.  It's about logic.  If everything is everything, then everything exists.  God is everything.  God is the universe.

You are the one proposing a negative, if you haven't noticed. 

You are the proof, but I cannot make you realize this.  You must look into yourself, find your consciousness and you will have all the proof you could ever ask for.  You can lead a horse to water but you can't force him to drink it.

Whether you call atheism unbelief, disbelief, or lack of belief, there is no logical reason to me that one would not believe in everything, for everything surely does exist.

It's like saying, I can see and think of the beach but I don't believe it exists.

If you can experience something, then that something is not nothing, it's part of everything.  So why believe in something but not everything?

its not any of those things. i already told you. its opposition to theism. or opposition to believing that gods exist.

Why oppose anything?

So you don't oppose the willful torturing of new born babies?

Either you do not oppose the willful torturing of babies or you do and you would say something like "why oppose anything?" anyway. Either way its pretty good evidence that you are mentally ill. I'm not saying that to hurt your feelings. Im saying it because recognizing something is the first step towards correcting it.

I understand that we live in a world of lies where more than half of everything we are ever told from friends, families, authorities, and even scientists is fiction. Sometimes its easy to go to far is lashing back against this. Considering the sorts of things that you occupy your mind with you really ought to consider engaging in a deep study of epistemology. It may help you to regain some rooting in reality. Hell with the way your mind works you may even be able to add something to the field. But you HAVE to be rigorous and that means that you have to look for, identify, and REJECT paradoxes. You can not passively accept paradoxes.

There are two sides.  The divinity in me sees all actions taken upon the universe as perfect, as nothing is good or bad, everything just is.  This is not to say I condone the actions taken, but rather accept them as they are.  I'm taking a bullet by the government in order to prove the truity of my words.  Would I rather we all just grow up and get along?  Yes.  Though I accept things as they are, as they are perfect and part of the divine order of the universe, otherwise fate.  It's clear there is no true way to convince others to believe in their selves, you all need proof.  Alas, this is why I must be murdered, so you can have proof and grow as a being.

Then the human in me, well it's like this, "Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

But this is just the law of karma.  All negativity you output into the world comes around back to you.  Same with positive energy.  Once we understand how to harness the positive energy in a manner where a feedback loop is created of more positivity, you will find feelings of peace you did not know were possible and you may find that you really can do anything you believe with no one casting their shadow of doubt onto your realm.

But let's be real, contrasting torturing babies to opposing a belief is completely absurd.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Davis14

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:49:02 PM

This is just confusing Huh

*Link Removed*  [url=h
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:31:29 PM

But let's be real, contrasting torturing babies to opposing a belief is completely absurd.

i never contrasted those things. they were completely unrelated. I was using torturing babies as a means of applying the Socratic Method to the statement that implied that things ought not be opposed.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:55:44 PM

Don't oppose the fact that things shouldn't be opposed!

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 09:07:14 PM

But this is just the law of karma.  All negativity you output into the world comes around back to you.  Same with positive energy.  Once we understand how to harness the positive energy .....

Interesting. Tell me, how many joules is this energy of which you write?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 09:11:29 PM

But this is just the law of karma.  All negativity you output into the world comes around back to you.

Karma is just a law. And you know what they say about rules, right?  Wink I have first hand experience of breaking the law of karma. So  Tongue
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:49:26 PM

Scientific law is just that, law.  And you know what they say about rules, right?  They're made to be broken.  I have first hand experience that it is possible to exploit the laws of physics. 

You know what they say about people who say they break the laws of physics?  That they don't understand the laws of physics.

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
FalconFly

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Sentinel

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:12:10 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 11:35:20 PM by FalconFly

Scientific law is just that, law.  And you know what they say about rules, right?  They're made to be broken.  I have first hand experience that it is possible to exploit the laws of physics.  Once we abandon their stronghold against our dreams, our dreams will become as real as life itself.

*uhm*
What you're suggesting is that physics is something man just made up and written up as a "law" like a lawmaker... This is truly one of the most unknowledgeable things I've read in a long time.
But for starters, since it's (according to you) just a law man made up, try exploiting gravity and move up just a few thousand feet away from the planet in altitude. You'll immediately notice a small problem to your logic Wink
Physical laws are mathematic descriptions of our environment to our present best knowledge, nothing more. And they can change (usually extend) under certain circumstances, that's how science works by its own definitions.

Again, I'm noting you are lacking the most basic education here. Could it be you never went to or finished school?
If you think you have first hand experience that this is possible, what are you still doing here arguing on the internet ?! Take your best shot and give proof to the scientific community. Oh wait, I bet you a year's pay or equivalent that you just fooled yourself.

As to that, please try meditating yourself before throwing outlandish phrases at an individual.  Any Buddha, monk, yogi or truly enlightened individual has experienced life without thought.  When you are devoid of thought, you are truly in the present and focused on this reality.  This is how people fall in love, with them selves or others, through feeling, not thinking.

I really don't know how to break this to ya... But as opposed to religious people of any kind (or yourself), I actually am quite focussed on reality. Given the severe nonsense you've written up so far, it would appear being "devoid of thought" isn't exactly something positive or desirable. Unfriendly people define that state of mind as "being brainless stupid" and technically speaking, they're spot-on. You yourself are giving the best example.
I merely analyze you and present you a mirror to see yourself as you really are - something you're persistently closing your eyes to... = delusional.

You very precisely fit the symptoms that are found in many "convinced believers" (which by itself is a 100% self-contradiction that evades most religious persons). Severe lack of education, severe lack of common sense or reason, generally an almost infantile "logic" garbled and twisted beyond comprehension. That's what I call a "religious robot", a person easily infected and clinging onto make-believes due to complete lack of mental capabilities to comprehend its own environment. The believes serve to cover-up a psychological defect that is best described as a general phobia against everyday reality and the severe insecurity resulting from it.

PS.
I'm normally noone to judge others but "feeling" certainly serves its purposes. However, what you're suggesting is that feeling is all you need to go through life - this is a very, very, very foolish idea because it's so wrong on so many levels. It would explain your behaviour, though.
When was the last time a Buddha, monk or yogi made any globally relevant breakthrough discovery? After all, according to your "logic", these people must be the absolutely clearest and brightest heads mandkind has.
Oh wait.... they never did. No clergyman of any modern religion has, no matter how hard they meditated. The arguably best that ever came from some of such people is Philosophy, which is highly debatable by its own nature. You'll be the judge of that.

If it wasn't clear we're talking religion here, your statements would (at best) cause friendly hints like "dude, don't do drugs! It's obvious they're bad for you".
This is how bad religion can become on some people. After all, even the destructive effects of most hard drugs can be treated - religious infection however usually can't.

Anyway, go ahead and continue potentially ruining your life by solely "believing" and "feeling". Good luck - you'll seriously need it, wandering around mentally blind in this world.

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:37:34 PM

But this is just the law of karma.  All negativity you output into the world comes around back to you.

Karma is just a law. And you know what they say about rules, right?  Wink I have first hand experience of breaking the law of karma. So  Tongue

And this is where one is able to transcend karma through singularity, otherwise, after your dead.

Falcon, you're confusing induced peace and presence in this moment with pure thoughtlessness.  Clearly I am not thoughtless, or I would not be having this conversation.  Calling meditation brainless stupid is quite ironic as you yourself have not explored past the surface of your mind to know how it works or what it is capable of.

As for saying yogi's, Buddhas, monks and the like have not contributed anything is completely false and they provide one of the most overlooked achievements of humanity.  While everyone is out and about destroying the earth to build bigger machines, weapons and wealth, these people have realized that none of those are essential to life at all and are honestly counter productive to achieving inner peace.  And that is the most valuable, or invaluable, achievement to exist.  Positive energy, love, peace, you would be nothing with out it.

Perhaps the reason it is so unappreciated is because we have been raised in a society that flaunts egotistic thought processes of material and mathematic law while completely ignoring the rest of the functioning mind.  We are not taught to use all of our brain as children.

Scientific law is just that, law.  And you know what they say about rules, right?  They're made to be broken.  I have first hand experience that it is possible to exploit the laws of physics. 

You know what they say about people who say they break the laws of physics?  That they don't understand the laws of physics.

Yes, please enlighten me as to how it was physically possible for a lamp to jump off a table in the middle of the room with many people observing it fall but no one being near it.

Can anyone please debate the words I said rather than ridicule them?  I feel like I'm still talking to vod.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
FalconFly

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Sentinel

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:01:31 AM

Falcon, you're confusing induced peace and presence in this moment with pure thoughtlessness.  Clearly I am not thoughtless, or I would not be having this conversation.  Calling meditation brainless stupid is quite ironic as you yourself have not explored past the surface of your mind to know how it works or what it is capable of.

Don't get me wrong, some people derive positive things from meditation (I know that) so there's a place for that.
A thought isn't simply a thought, however... Thoughts can be right, wrong or outright non-intelligent, depending on how much brainpower and consideration went into them.
While you can't know it, I'm using far more than just the surface of my mind - which in turn allows me to think far deeper and analyze, where others long failed/gave up and surrendered to "believes".

As for saying yogi's, Buddhas, monks and the like have not contributed anything is completely false and they provide one of the most overlooked achievements of humanity.  While everyone is out and about destroying the earth to build bigger machines, weapons and wealth, these people have realized that none of those are essential to life at all and are honestly counter productive to achieving inner peace.  And that is the most valuable, or invaluable, achievement to exist.  Positive energy, love, peace, you would be nothing with out it.

I didn't say they contribute nothing... But they're serving an isolated niche of human desires/needs and offering alternative way of life - if you prefer that.
Note though, they do realize just as well that inner peace doesn't feed them nor keep them warm in winter Wink
They have their spot on the planet for sure, but alot of things can never come from them. If the question is to be answered how to i.e. feed 7.1 Billion people on this planet or support them with energy, how to explore space or how to treat diseases, then they're clearly out of their league (apart from probably offering their philosophy).

Perhaps the reason it is so unappreciated is because we have been raised in a society that flaunts egotistic thought processes of material and mathematic law while completely ignoring the rest of the functioning mind.  We are not taught to use all of our brain as children.

That's a statement I can agree with.
The majority of humanity is unfortunately revolving around rather less humanitarian issues. But to be honest, it has always been that way since the dawn of time of our earliest ancestors and I don't see that changing.
In order to think different (which I do) however, I do neither need mentors, teachers or religion of any type. I have my own mind, values and principles which I freely use by my own will. No external support needed, certainly no "believes" of any type.
In general, I think it's safe to say it doesn't require any religion/believes to be a good person and do good, even if it means swimming against the biggest mainstream of primitive egoistic, material possession-hunting apes. I happily do that anytime I see fit, with great peace of mind (not requiring any tools like meditation or alike).

This forum signature is like its owner - it can't be bought
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:04:32 AM

Can anyone name famous scientists that were atheists and others who were believers? Or believing in God makes you less of a scientist?
cp1

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:36:43 AM

Can anyone name famous scientists that were atheists and others who were believers? Or believing in God makes you less of a scientist?

Being a scientist makes you less likely to believe in god.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 01:05:48 AM

Can anyone name famous scientists that were atheists and others who were believers?

I don't care if any of my workmates believe or not, as long as they aren't trying to tell me my own attitudes to life are invalid.

Or believing in God makes you less of a scientist?

Only if you have trouble holding two conflicting or contradicting ideas at once. Most people can do this with ease.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:22:14 AM

That's a fallacy, science and spirituality don't have to conflict at all.  Science is the study of ego and spirituality of the soul.  Different perspectives, same universe, same being.  One looks in, one looks out.  Duality.

Einstein believed.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 01:49:31 AM

Science is the study of ego and spirituality of the soul. 

No, it isn't. I've never studied either of them.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:23:04 AM

Then you don't understand what they mean.  Ego in this case is the material world.  Soul is what you feel/see from within.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:26:42 AM

Then you don't understand what they mean.  Ego in this case is the material world.  Soul is what you feel/see from within.

Why don't you just save us all some time and say "anything means everything but also nothing"

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:05:50 AM

Then you don't understand what they mean.  Ego in this case is the material world.  Soul is what you feel/see from within.

Sorry.  As a scientist I can tell you that 'study of ego and spirituality of the soul' is in fact not the current definition of science.  See the Wikipedia article 'science'. 
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:08:15 AM

True...

Their abandoning of reason (with everything that comes from it) IMHO is the primary cause for their irrational/delusional line of argumentation - which outside of religion would get anyone of us into mandatory psychological treatment in no time.

It often seems to me them focussing their entire lifes around these superstitions forces them ever-deeper into delusion, as they could never accept they wasted their entire life "believing" in all that man-made science fiction. As the harsh reality keeps kicking them around, they have to create more and more insane mental constructions & workarounds in order to preserve their beloved believes, regardless of how ludicrous they gets.
Either that, or they feel so terribly insecure about everything they encounter in life that this mental virus appeals tor them (the proverbial saviour), as it at least gives them a false sense of security they otherwise completely lack.

Pretty ironic, one could call them "lost souls" as they are truly lost cases basically...

+1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: