Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:07:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lots money invested on cryptocurrency, should I sell for liquidity?  (Read 627 times)
robotrobert

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:10:42 AM

Of course you need to sell your crypto and settle the emergency situation, you maybe losing profit for future which you don't know whether is going to happen or not, but the emergency thing is happening, so you need to be logical and settle the problem, don't because of afraid losing profit you act foolish and create another problem
It all depends on your circumstances and the way you are planning the things. In my opinion, it is better to stay patient and that not to go for selling of the coins which you are left with as doing so will take you out of the crypto market and that you will not be able to make any effective earning later. You need to wait for littlelonger before making any final decision and that you need to go for a plan which can help you in recovering your loss.
budakjawa

Activity: 471
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:58:10 AM

it seems you do not need to sell the assets you have that you need just waiting because I have experience when you sell suddenly the price increases.

slashz9

Activity: 1554

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:26:09 AM

that is why at the beginning always use the money you can lose, but if it is an emergency for example about your health there is no reason to hold it, depending on how important the need, or you can try to borrow money to the bank, or your friends if possible.
dadanpradana

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:47:35 AM

If the lam player who traded in Crypotocurrency since 2015 to the back, maybe they kept the Bitcoin.
Because for them Bitcoin is not a matter of money but a matter of trust in a digital wallet.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 03:41:00 AM

If something emergency is happening then of course you need to cash out, what for you got a lot of money but you are suffering, we can still make profit next time, but some emergency case will makes us losing something valuable, in this world there are something more important than money
DigitalCyberius

Activity: 129
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:08:31 AM

It really depends on your situation. Are you desperately in need of fast cash and see no other options (usually there are options, like starting a business - check out someone like Josh Tolley on entrepreneurship). Or, if you've made a good profit, and you're wondering if you should cash out or HODL, then a good option could be to cash out only to make back your investment, and then the rest is pretty much free speculative capital, and continue working and investing some. If you've lost money and you're wondering if you should do either of the two options above, then really that's anyone's guess. A lot of people believe it will go up over time, but then again it's very much driven by news and large investors. There was that significant dip when the SEC made their decision on the Bitcoin ETF, so maybe more bad news could drive it down even farther, or perhaps some spectacularly amazing news could perk the price back up. Also, on a side note, another thing to consider is charity through crypto, like Ripple, Coinbase's CEO, and others have done.

Hope that helped Smiley
The Cyberius team
vinbentrob

Activity: 210

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 04:48:16 AM

If there is pressing need  to be attended to,  why would you hold off on selling the coin that could meet such need!  If you refuse to meet your need especially if such need is food or shelter,   you may not live to reap and enjoy your profit if it materialized in the future!

alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:29:03 AM

If lots of your money was spent on cryptocurrency,
but now something emergency happened,
you need to withdraw those money,
while at same time,
if you hold still, there may be considerable profit in the future,
At this situation, What you will do?
follow us on https://t.me/DAGTofficial, and see what we gonna do~

both of this two suggestion are great for safe keeping our capital,selling our crypto and holding because of bleeding situation in the market but in my decison making its better  to stay in Hodl,and waits someday thats market would  become bullish again,actualy its hard to predict now when this coming,but hoping and still believing in crypto could make burst our positive thought about digital currency investment.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
WiseFoxxy

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:50:52 AM

Well, it’s always advisable to never invest all your saving in any market. You some keep some of your money or at least invest them in some very liquid assets so that you can meet some emergency situations. That is why it is said to diversify your assets and this must also be done on  the basis of liquidity. Now you can do is sell your crypto is your investments are in profits but if you don’t want to lose future profits then you may take loan from you relatives, friends or banks

You should consider the potential loss of profit versus the cost of the loan. In some countries a loan could cost you up to 30%. If the paper loss is 10%, then cash out and take care of that emergency. But if the loan is only 4%, then it wouldn't be a bad choice.

This is why it's always better to diversify as you said. Something will be profitable so it can be cashed out at a time like this. It's like a product rotation: something goes in, another thing comes out. There's always something fresh on the table.
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:53:50 AM

This is was my experience 2 years ago, i have 7 Bitcoin in that times but because i need money for emergency situation and then i sold it all when the price $500, but finally after a few month the price keep going up and moon shoot to 30 times just in 1 years, so this is my big mistake ever. So if you need emergency money is better, sell others asset and not crypto, because crypto will going up again later.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:10:19 AM

Are you asking an opinion or doing a case study?

Cause this is a classic dilemma and has specific answers for specific individuals.

Not good to quantify all as one.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:46:32 AM

I believe it has become very much common these days to HOLD whatever you have when you are on the verge of loosing money. However let me add up a point here, HOLDING also works best when you work on proper sell orders. Meaning, if you think that you have already gotten 2-5% of profits but in the next step or timeline that particular coin is going to dump itself badly then its the right time to sell the coins immediately after that. Better to take those small profits and prepare oneself to invest again when that coin drops below its max price. Thats called as compounding of the crypto currency where you re-inevst your profits and make more money.
deus030518

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:33:36 AM

You can sell some of it for liquidity, you can also used it for reinvesting other coins. But for now it is good to hodl your coin/token cause the price in the market for now is too low but when the market pumps then you can sell it immediately. You can use some for trading to earn a big profit.
KXC247

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:16:40 AM

This is why that, its not good to invest all your money on cryptocurrency. You need to save for the rainy day as emergency can crop up at anytime. You need to plan your investments wisely so that it does not affect you
bitdenail

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 10:18:44 AM

This is a difficult choice. If something is urgent, then I will withdraw my money even in a loss. But if there are real assets that I can sell, then I will choose to sell assets rather than exchange crypto with money.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:36:11 PM

If the lam player who traded in Crypotocurrency since 2015 to the back, maybe they kept the Bitcoin.
Because for them Bitcoin is not a matter of money but a matter of trust in a digital wallet.
If you have lots of invested money here in the Bitcoin then you are a very precious person of high value because it is hard to achieve it on such price. However Bitcoin gives us the opportunity to invest in its low market so best decision is to choose low market for investment. If you want to sell for liquidity then go ahead but the market should be of high value and not low market.
berrygood

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 08:04:32 PM

That happened to me, but luckily I had enough money for emergency, you should never play with all of your money always consider such emergencies.

wayaneka

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 03:31:13 AM

For better dont sell crypto in loss because we have still have times to recover it and bull run will be coming and if you need money right now you can looking for others way to get it, or just sell about 10% of crypto that you have and others you can borrow in the bank. Sell crypto in this situation will be make loss much money and we will miss other opportunity to make big profit in next bull run.

apityeh71

Activity: 476

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:35:25 AM

Crypto market still have potential for bullish, so its better keep hold your coin and dont sell it in loss.  Because all crypto already going down between 70% -90% , so when the price going up to the peak price we will make alot money. If you need money,  better sell others asset but not crypto.

Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:25:20 AM

This market is full of risk,  though we most take risks in other to be able to make money.  If you are losing and you sell at that price then you should expect bitcoin to losing money.  Trading bitcoin and altcoins market create opportunity for people  to make money and lose money.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: