Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:00:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoxCoin - A Fully Dynamic Cyptocurrency [DYING]  (Read 111072 times)
clovers

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:17:32 AM

I have been out for a couple of weeks and haven't been tracking what was happening here.

So - are the GPU miners in the Qt-wallet working or not?
This was imo the most promising feature of FoxCoin, that was about to make it succeed.
praxiscat

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 08:52:32 PM

I love this coin, but I think it requires patience to be rewarding.
I think the problem is it is buried under both dogecoin clones, and heavily pre-mined hype coins. For an alt. coin this has a solid structure and rewards patience with it, but at the same time remains fair, and accessible.
I think the premiere may have left a bad impression because of the effects of the gravity well when there was a rush at launch. But the reality of fox coin, it is like taming foxes, it requires patience to really be rewarding. To few people read the little prince, to realize this coin is based around chapter 21, at least that is the way I see it. There is an odd poetry going on with this coin and it's design.

The coin really needs a community, it is honestly the biggest thing missing. I remain a fan of it, and love mining it.

Einsteinium.org
farvali

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 12:21:05 PM

Net hashrate is 20 Mhash/s. Are there really 10 persons mining FOX right now?  Grin
How could it happen?

FOX: x3PXgfQ9S5oJ85Q5xujWCq6VnAhTQ8Jptg
http://vk.com/foxcoinrus
praxiscat

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 06:18:37 AM

Net hashrate is 20 Mhash/s. Are there really 10 persons mining FOX right now?  Grin
How could it happen?
It is not always that low, but the difficulty is on the easy side with a smaller number of miners. I think it is one of the more interesting "fair" KGW coins from launch and a slower halving structure. This flying a bit under the radar in some ways, which is a shame. I have to credit the exchanges for starting to support these better structured coins. Thankfully foxcoin does have some life there, I think more will mine it if it picks up in value.
I would prefer more of a slow build for it more then anything else, but a good community is necessary.
I also think the website can use some work, and it really needs better marketing. But it a slow build as people recognize it as a hidden gem may be a good thing.
The reddit is dead, which really is depressing.

Einsteinium.org
TorVek

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:00:35 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 10:34:24 PM by TorVek

Net hashrate is 20 Mhash/s. Are there really 10 persons mining FOX right now?  Grin
How could it happen?
It is not always that low, but the difficulty is on the easy side with a smaller number of miners. I think it is one of the more interesting "fair" KGW coins from launch and a slower halving structure. This flying a bit under the radar in some ways, which is a shame. I have to credit the exchanges for starting to support these better structured coins. Thankfully foxcoin does have some life there, I think more will mine it if it picks up in value.
I would prefer more of a slow build for it more then anything else, but a good community is necessary.
I also think the website can use some work, and it really needs better marketing. But it a slow build as people recognize it as a hidden gem may be a good thing.

In order to be effectively marketed, the coin needs something truly distinctive to set it apart from the slew of other alt-coins out there.  People need a reason to focus on it, and long-term mining strength is going to come from people recognizing that good reason.

I think that if AnonyFox settles out what the USPs (Unique Selling Points) are going to be long-term for this coin, and gets a good level of shine and polish on everything associated with that, the coin has a wonderful future.  Personally, I think the idea of making the coin ultra-easy to get started with for people who have never done anything at all in crypto-currencies stands the greatest chance for a solid USP.

Solid GPU mining from the wallet (with near-zero prior knowledge about mining required from the user) could be a great way to get a bunch of people involved.  While that may be a goal, I think we're still a long way from getting there.  The starting post in this thread is a good example... there are simply too many things listed there which won't make any sense at all to people who aren't already deeply involved in crypto-currencies, and some of them will even elude people with moderate experience levels.

When trying to reach out to new people, it's important to make as few assumptions as possible regarding what will be "obvious" to them.  "Easy to use" is one of the toughest goals to achieve, but if it is done right, it can be EXTREMELY powerful.
mamleader

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:02:40 PM

I will keep mining this coin for no reason .. I believe it will be some thing in the future but needs our help .. shame such a hard work for developers goes down because it is not popular enough  ... we can marketing it, tell friends about that coin and who don't know about mining at all we can help them a bit do a videos in youtube . any thing need a risk at first .. I am new to mining so i don't have bitcoins to donate  and still have low rig for now . I have 50$ Google AdWords can be something i do help with it ?
Cryptoma

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:28:24 PM

A rare opportunity for people who want to mine FoxCoinshttp://fox.cryptoma.com/static/foxcoin_16.png, with current lower difficulty you get much more coins. Join while you still can Smiley It will be too late when price and difficulty rises. And sooner or later it will certainly do!

The FoxCoin pool, that i operate, will stay at zero fees for your convenience.

I am also providing a good way for you to support the FoxCoin development and promotion by setting a low donation percentage as all donated funds will be tranfered to FoxCoin foundation. Have just transfered another 3k FoxCoins.

http://fox.cryptoma.com/static/foxcoin_30.png http://fox.cryptoma.com/static/foxcoin_30.png http://fox.cryptoma.com/static/foxcoin_30.png
sharaba25

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:22:32 PM

We have started new campaign on www.Coins2TheMoon.com:
Every Second Day is a 0% Fee Day You can trade for 0% trading fees on every other day.
When you login on header will be displayed "Today is a 0% Fee Day" or "Tomorrow is a 0% Fee Day".

Just to remind you: We have 72 Market Pairs and 22 Coins (FoxCoin is in the list) to Trade!

Please note that it does not applies to withdrawal fees.

Happy tradings Smiley

Sincerely,

C2M Team
AnonyFox (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:56:32 PM

How could it happen?
The profitdiggers are gone and the others are going :/

How could it happen?
Yes, the subreddit needs more activity then the occasional giveaway post.

How could it happen?

In order to be effectively marketed, the coin needs something truly distinctive to set it apart from the slew of other alt-coins out there.  People need a reason to focus on it, and long-term mining strength is going to come from people recognizing that good reason.

I think that if AnonyFox settles out what the USPs (Unique Selling Points) are going to be long-term for this coin, and gets a good level of shine and polish on everything associated with that, the coin has a wonderful future.  Personally, I think the idea of making the coin ultra-easy to get started with for people who have never done anything at all in crypto-currencies stands the greatest chance for a solid USP.

Solid GPU mining from the wallet (with near-zero prior knowledge about mining required from the user) could be a great way to get a bunch of people involved.  While that may be a goal, I think we're still a long way from getting there.  The starting post in this thread is a good example... there are simply too many things listed there which won't make any sense at all to people who aren't already deeply involved in crypto-currencies, and some of them will even elude people with moderate experience levels.

When trying to reach out to new people, it's important to make as few assumptions as possible regarding what will be "obvious" to them.  "Easy to use" is one of the toughest goals to achieve, but if it is done right, it can be EXTREMELY powerful.

Can somebody please definitively test CPU/CUDA/OpenCL mining in the foxhole so we can get this out of the way.

I will keep mining this coin for no reason .. I believe it will be some thing in the future but needs our help .. shame such a hard work for developers goes down because it is not popular enough  ... we can marketing it, tell friends about that coin and who don't know about mining at all we can help them a bit do a videos in youtube . any thing need a risk at first .. I am new to mining so i don't have bitcoins to donate  and still have low rig for now . I have 50$ Google AdWords can be something i do help with it ?
Hmm.
25,000 FOX Bounty for a good youtube promotional video!

Haven't used AdWords before, but foxcoin could definitely use some advertising.

_______________________________________________________________________________ __

I'm pleased to report that we haven't given up and we are still working on foxcoin. Currently we are working on backend code and optimizations, as we feel that must be done before we put the focus on more features (As much as I love adding features!) We are considering replacing BerkleyDB with something along the lines of SQLite... still doing research on the matter.

However we cannot do this without your help! We will need your support if we are to fulfill our shared vision of making foxcoin a innovative currency that is used around the world and across the internet. We will need you, the community to help promote foxcoin and share ideas that will set it apart from other cryptocurrencies.

How you can help us:

Spread us on social media:
We have a twitter! Be sure to follow us for news about FoxCoin and hear about giveaways before anybody else. Help us by retweeting and shouting us out on twitter to your friends. We also welcome you to spread us on alternative social media such as facebook.

Host a giveaway:
Are you part of a community that could be open to foxcoin? Send me an email at foxcoindev@foxcoin.info or @gmail.com and request some foxcoins to aid you in hosting your giveaway. Requests we deem worthy will recieve up to 10,000 FoxCoins from the foundation.

Voting for us on exchanges:
People like value, so help us get traded by voting for us on:

MintPal
AllCrypt

And if you have some spare bitcoins be sure to send them to our voting addresses:

MintPal: 1MNccAUwo7A4UR3yWrczmC4CSgEV9oqC7h
AllCrypt: 1b6h9ZG2LKJqZADtHLFAycA4ekrAreL3h

Post on reddit:
Yes, I know it's difficult when hardly anybody is there, but try to post and talk on our subreddit, /r/foxcoins

Promote foxcoin elsewhere:
Have other ideas? Don't be afraid!

Make a promotional videos / images:
Are you a photoshop whiz or a video editing junkie? Be sure to lend us a hand with creating some promotional content!

Dig in the official pond:
Be sure to point your paws at pond.foxcoin.info (alternatively, fox.cryptoma.com) and give us a little donation! (All donations on either pond go to the foxcoin foundation.

Join the foundation team:
Think you have some valuable skills and some spare time? Don't be afraid to join us! Go on #foxcoin-dev and message AnonyFox_ or se[c] requesting voice. (Nonvoiced users are automuted)

We welcome people of all ages and backgrounds!

Donate to the FoxCoin foundation:

We accept donations in:

FoxCoin:wk2J1qSrBMn8tBSZZLkPcSg8gTNyXLJKwQ
BitCoin:1FoxQUJoN9DDZ4RRXr9HJWBGNcm2uux3H7

_______________________________________________________________________________ __

Thanks, and if you put in effort be sure to claim the bounty and get some FoxCoins for you efforts!
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 07:59:42 AM

I think we really need some trading volume on Swisscex. But what would be a realistic price. The current buyers price is far too low, and the current selling price is far too high.
Msile

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:30:19 AM

And that is one awesome bitcoin address. How did you get FOX in there?
akrobet

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:16:40 PM

I think as a first step to gain value, people should stop being retards and sell FOX below LTC mining profitability rate, which is approx. 68 satoshi @ 0.5 diff. I think 75 satoshi would be a reasonable price at the moment.
farvali

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 06:41:40 AM

The official site http://foxcoin.info/ needs to have better indexing. When you type "foxcoin" on Google, the first results are: btsec.com FOX thread, then goes bitcointalk FOX thread, then our Russian FOX community vk.com/foxcoinrus‎, then surprisingly we have my comment on Google+ "FoxCoin is LIVE! Go and grab some FoxCoins until they go TO THE MOOON! http://vk.com/foxcoinrusGrin But http://foxcoin.info/ is not appearing. I believe it has to be the first one in this list.

mamleader

Activity: 77

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:27:06 AM

http://s18.postimg.org/nw94fy8rd/image.jpg
Cryptoma

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:22:50 PM

The official site http://foxcoin.info/ needs to have better indexing. When you type "foxcoin" on Google, the first results are: btsec.com FOX thread, then goes bitcointalk FOX thread, then our Russian FOX community vk.com/foxcoinrus‎, then surprisingly we have my comment on Google+ "FoxCoin is LIVE! Go and grab some FoxCoins until they go TO THE MOOON! http://vk.com/foxcoinrusGrin But http://foxcoin.info/ is not appearing. I believe it has to be the first one in this list.

You forget that google shows you personalized results. So mostly these are different for most people. Another thing is that foxcoin.info is quite new and need a bit more time and linking to catch up on google.
farvali

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 03:51:34 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 04:53:18 PM by farvali

I'm mining and supporting FoxCoin for no reason, just because I truly love this coin. I never paid attention to Fox haters telling that this was a pure scam etc. Now we see the potential of FoxCoin: net hashrate above 250Mh/s and growing, huge pump on PoloniEx. This is what I call a true coin: smooth start, smooth and patient mining, no bullshit, fair reward for the miners.

upd. On coinmarketcap soon!

TorVek

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 04:59:17 PM

I'm mining and supporting FoxCoin for no reason, just because I truly love this coin. I never paid attention to Fox haters telling that this was a pure scam etc. Now we see the potential of FoxCoin: net hashrate above 250Mh/s and growing, huge pump on PoloniEx. This is what I call a true coin: smooth start, smooth and patient mining, no bullshit, fair reward for the miners.

upd. On coinmarketcap soon!

FoxCoin is now listed on CoinMarketCap, at the time of this post it is the 132nd biggest currency out of 154 (you have to hit "Next 100" or "View All" at the bottom of the page to get it to show up.

Now is when it starts getting interesting.  I suspect that the recent spike in hash rate has a LOT to do with it showing up there... that's a bellwether I've been waiting for!

farvali

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 05:32:36 PM

FoxCoin is now listed on CoinMarketCap, at the time of this post it is the 132nd biggest currency out of 154 (you have to hit "Next 100" or "View All" at the bottom of the page to get it to show up.

Now is when it starts getting interesting.  I suspect that the recent spike in hash rate has a LOT to do with it showing up there... that's a bellwether I've been waiting for!
Achievement unlocked  Wink
Next level - Crypsy, Bter. And now it doesn't seem that impossible.

TorVek

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:59:37 PM

The next big bump with respect to visibility on CoinMarketCap will be to have the valuation for the total FoxCoin market be large enough to put it on the front page (among the top 100).

Where things stand now, that would require having the total valuation (between increases in total coins and coin price) go up by a factor of about 5.8x from today's initial reported values.  That would move FoxCoin up to position 99 on the list, and make it a bit more "discoverable".
Msile

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:45:10 PM

Damn I sold most of my coins far too low.

What I learned: Always make a sell order for a potential pump.
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: