Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:30:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NEX :: Nxt Reimagined - Industrial Strength - Imagine Fairness!  (Read 101932 times)
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:19:40 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 08:30:54 AM by instacash

Reposted in case FrictionlessCoin overlooked it:

The code that you claim is open source has been obfuscated in certain places.

This is a lie. Point to these places if u don't want to get reputation of a liar.

From:  https://github.com/slothbag/nxt-decompiled/blob/master/Nxt.java

line 2744:

Code:
 JSONObject response = new JSONObject();
        response.put("response", "denyAccess");
        ??? = new JSONArray();
        ???.add(response);
        JSONObject combinedResponse = new JSONObject();
        combinedResponse.put("responses", ???);

uh... what is ? ? ?

You folks have been lying through your teeth from day 1.   Release the source code!!!!

The source that was officially released 2014-01-03 is here, clown:

https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt-public/src/4073c21098076d3469b3f74d49e73ffabe3a2001/Nxt.java?at=master

Code:
	JSONObject response = new JSONObject();
response.put("response", "denyAccess");
JSONArray responses = new JSONArray();
responses.add(response);
JSONObject combinedResponse = new JSONObject();
combinedResponse.put("responses", responses);

As you and everybody else knows, only the core is made open source now and exactly that was claimed. The decompiled bunk you posted in order to troll around is irrelevant. Frictionless, you are ridiculous and you know it  Grin

A little push for anyone who truly believes this is not a joke. The "developer"  (Grin) of this copycat project doesn't even realize the difference between a faulty decompiled source and the real deal. I do admit it made me burst into laughter... Frictionless, step up your entertainment a bit, you were better earlier.

chenyuan

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:21:04 AM

Ok, BCFrictionless. But how do I get my NEX ?Dear
wangdejun118

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:28:14 AM

Yes, I want NEX.  Cheesy
Jr.peng

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:31:20 AM

how do I get my NEX?
 Grin
ak84

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:53:03 AM

I find all this trolling hilarious, because it's going to give a legitimate coindev the idea to actually go ahead and clone NXT. Judging by the interest in this thread there is huge pent-up demand for a new NXT. It's only a matter of time.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Edutainment.Tech ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Double ICO: Games for smart and games for business
SmartGames    ◼ CorpEdu
upekha

Activity: 183

TDTPJR-P5SGXY-UU2OS6-BPTUV4-NJYQFT-6CWYZP-IA2W

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:57:20 AM

We need a good logo Smiley!

NEM - New Economy Movement
ljp7839008

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:06:41 AM

I am interested, please add me   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
rnr

Activity: 247

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:12:35 AM

Yes, NEX as much as possible for me  Grin
WorldCoiner

Activity: 1069
Merit: 682

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 09:18:07 AM

interested
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:27:00 AM

We need a good logo Smiley!

totally agree, and we need to support FrictionlessCoin with all we can.
he's still fighting the obfuscated code I guess - hope he can win this battle

I made a first draft, still a bit rough on the edges, but maybe a starter

(come on guys don't let this thread starve, it's so much fun)
OOO

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:30:13 AM

I am interested, too.

BTW, how about distributing coins based on Bitcoin ledger?

For example, the first big distribution occurs proportionally to the
amount of bitcoins held. After that, gradual distribution of lottery
system calculated from all Bitcoin's block headers and balance (this
will ensure on-going distribution which is unpredictable).

Also, this will make all existing bitcoins (and future coins) worth
more, which (I think) is good for the entire cryptocoin's faith.

It would be interesting to start a discussion on how best to fairly distribute the coins.

Distribution should not be proportional to how wealthy you are.  Rather is should be based on another metric.  

Distrubution similar to Bitcoin should be proportional to the effort expended to secure and improve the network.  How that is done is open to discussion.

Funding (wealth) and human effort (time) are both resources. I agree distribution for any coin should not be based on purely wealth, however neither should it be based on purely human effort.  Both resource units go hand in hand i.e. both wealth and human effort can be donated towards the success of a project.

This topic need more discussion I agree.

nesco1805

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:32:42 AM

NXT stakeholders will camp this thread out spreading FUD. They have an agenda to push. I advise you to put them on ignore. Actually, you should make it a habit to put any obvious bitcointalk shill / fake account on ignore.

You are mistaken, FrictionlessCoin actively invites NXT stakeholders to join this thread, by camping and promoting in all the NXT threads..

btw. I'm a bit disappointed by FrictionlessCoin, at first I thought, this is the most awesomest and bestest announcement ever... but then he won't even reply to me when I suggest changing the name to NIX... very disappointing

and after giving even more thought to this, how can it be a fair distribution if you have to reply with "interested" in this thread to be among the chosen ones... I mean look at all those poor guys without computer and internet... totally left in the cold.. or what about all the animals and trees on this planet... how can they get their NIX NEX... the more I think about it the sadder I get, maybe FrictionlessCoin just wants to fill his development account to be able to afford some real NXT or some real NEXX

Not this crap from NXT Joseph Smith aka BCNext again:

Code:
Q:  How would you solve problem with scam accusations according to "unfair" distribution Nxt to 73 big stakeholders?
BCNext: “This problem can not be solved.  Even if we had a million stakeholders the rest seven billion people would call this unfair.  A world with the money can not be perfect.”

Geeee one could think that someone as smart as Divine Prophet of Church of Lets-Divide-Crap-Among-Ourselves-And-Sell-It would be a little better with numbers.

Here is a funny thing: Distributing NEX to 730 people would make its initial base 10 times bigger than that of NXT. How about distributing it to 5000 people?
One could think that this would lead to faster propagation, bigger userbase, more chance of adoption, no?
Not to mention it would be at least a iiiiiittle bit more fair. And at least somewhat less monopolized and prone to price manipulation.
Geee distribution can not be solved fairly, so lets bring it to extreme??

Not that fairness has much to do with anything business related. But it has to do with public perception, and perception is everything.
See thats why they have to repeat these Q/A to debunk NXT myths.
And if they're willing to pull that argument, here you go - 730 people is certainly MORE fair, duh!
maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:34:14 AM

Sounds interesting, but it's a bit unclear to me how far you are with actual development?

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
btc24

Activity: 193

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:43:57 AM

Good intention,  bad realization.  But I'm interested.
LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:44:37 AM

Here is a funny thing: Distributing NEX to 730 people would make its initial base 10 times bigger than that of NXT. How about distributing it to 5000 people?
One could think that this would lead to faster propagation, bigger userbase, more chance of adoption, no?
Not to mention it would be at least a iiiiiittle bit more fair. And at least somewhat less monopolized and prone to price manipulation.

Not that fairness has much to do with anything business related. But it has to do with public perception, and perception is everything.
And if they're willing to pull that argument, here you go - 730 people is certainly MORE fair, duh!

interesting, your argument is more people more fairness - but why not give 1 NEX to one billion people then? would be extremely fair...
fair is subjective. it would be fairer (=better) to give to 7 good people, than to 70 good and 660 bad people, or what do you think?
nesco1805

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:58:53 AM

interesting, your argument is more people more fairness - but why not give 1 NEX to one billion people then? would be extremely fair...
fair is subjective. it would be fairer (=better) to give to 7 good people, than to 70 good and 660 bad people, or what do you think?

Just because something can't be solved entirely does not mean one should not try.
Yes, more people certainly sounds more fair to most of us.
That's why you have to have these Q/As and myth-busters. Which are frankly embarrassing and unnecessary and are just pushing you in bigger hole.

Fair thing to say would be: Yes we had our initial distribution not entirely transparent and consistent, but it is what it is.
This is our product, we made it, its fucking BETA, but mostly usable, and we are selling it to those who want it.
Maverick69

Activity: 458

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:11:46 AM

interested  Grin
LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:11:52 AM

Just because something can't be solved entirely does not mean one should not try.
Yes, more people certainly sounds more fair to most of us.

I see your hesitating here...  

That's why you have to have these Q/As and myth-busters. Which are frankly embarrassing and unnecessary and are just pushing you in bigger hole.
in that case your arguments are subject to the same problem, why defend, fact is fact

Fair thing to say would be: Yes we had our initial distribution not entirely transparent and consistent, but it is what it is.
That would be true (if it is) not fair

This is our product, we made it, its fucking BETA, but mostly usable, and we are selling it to those who want it.
Huh, who is "we"? But again, all you're saying is: Damn I was late for the train, then hesitating too much and now pissed, because the train rolls nicely...
Sorry, that is lame!

BTW: I was also late, but I believe it's a good to very good product, still buying in slowly

and now back to NEX: you're chance to catch the train  Wink

elelegzet

Activity: 749
Merit: 501

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:15:19 AM

I do need NEX. Interested. Wish you luck.

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
nesco1805

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:38:04 AM

@LiQio

Actually no, I came on this train much earlier. Earlier than any of soon to be found customers anyway.
See that big spike at dgex? Liiiittle bit to the left of it... thats me arriving. Mofos founders cashing out this early and with unfinished products.
Thats why I'm pissed.

And also this:
There is something disgusting about the main thread.
Dunno if it is geeky high-horse attitude, or this cult like atmosphere where followers are worshiping and citing BCNext on a regular basis.
Yet some of it is pure bunk like that above.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: