Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:31:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wasp Project Collective Information thread.  (Read 38672 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:31:44 PM

What secret?

What kind of chips we're talking about... salted ones, spicy ones, vinegar flavoured...

Not sure when I will be given the green light to reveal all.

*takesADeepBreath* I'll do my best and wait!  Smiley

I suspect that we will have more information or pictures and whatnot in mid April or sooner on this Wasp / Hornet variant.

Sorry, this is going to make your hungry. This is how I see "chips".

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
necro_nemesis

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:36:26 PM

I don't care what they look like as long as you can solder them to boards and they make lots of BTC. Hope your EE knows his way around a kitchen.
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:47:22 PM

The lead EE we got does 3 michelin stars level work. We are always looking for a few good sous chefs so if you know anyone keen on helping out drop me an email. I am the Garçon de cuisine in this operation. BTC on any board these days is less than profitable... hopefully we will see the BTC rise again.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
necro_nemesis

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:58:57 PM

Great.  Grin

Appreciate the insight that your involved. Respect the fact you can't comment. At the appropriate time please keep us apprised.

Thanks.
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:06:55 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 05:49:45 AM by Bicknellski

If you are keen to hear the EE's gather and talk Saturday necro_nem... then drop me an email see if we have room at the meeting table. We often open the doors to others so they can peep in and see what were doing and ask questions especially if you are seriously considering doing fabrication of our boards when they finally drop. Or are an EE and are interesting in problem solving with us.

cosmicone

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 11:13:44 PM

What secret?

What kind of chips we're talking about... salted ones, spicy ones, vinegar flavoured...

I suspect that we will have more information or pictures and whatnot in mid April or sooner on this Wasp / Hornet variant.

Mmmmm I had poutine at lunch today....  Mmmmmm
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:28:49 AM

Are those chips? Those look like fries to me.

bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:33:56 AM

What are those white crumbles?  And is that barbecue sauce?
necro_nemesis

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:56:14 AM

It's poutine, better known as the express lane to coronary artery disease.
madsusies

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:41:33 AM

What secret?

Mmmmm I had poutine at lunch today....  Mmmmmm

Not funny like u timing

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:15:15 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 09:25:31 AM by Bicknellski

Thursday, April 03, 2014   
                                                   Location     Time   

Delivered - Signed for by : our EE    SEATTLE   14:26

Chips in hand... Wasp / Hornet design variant of this chip has started emails being exchanged fast and furious between the chip fabricators and our EE. Nice to see such a responsive chip fab... they know their CHIPS!

Yes the POUTINE! I like mine avec sauces picante.

I do miss the chipwagon in Pincourt... steamies, greasy fries with vinegar and whack of salt.

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 05:52:40 AM

What are those white crumbles?  And is that barbecue sauce?

Curds and a gravy-like sauce.

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:15:33 AM

Meeting Minutes Overview:

Refined the prototype focus towards new asic chip Hornet then Wasp for April as there is excellent support from the 3rd party chip fabricator.
Discussion of internal production numbers for the WPC.
Discussion of financial outlay for chips and production.
Discussion of long term vision for next generation chips and pricing of gh/s projected.
Need for more EE's and members.
Discussion of IPO for funding future Wasp / Hornet production.

In general there was a lively set of discussions on a wide range of topics that focused on the future production of miners. We are currently focused on getting out to community the Hornet and Wasp and potentially a specialized card to test in 2 phase cooling with a HK company.

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:17:38 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 01:35:05 AM by Bicknellski

EE received chips thank you Asicminer and FriedCat:

Dateline Seattle our EE writes:

from H.Qin, of Shenzhen Shenkelong Ltd, in business zone of the PRC.

We are assuming that they are AM BE200 samples, since they are in a 65 pad package (QFN64).

Specs are nice - 12GH at 4+ Watts

We sure could use another engineer!

Dang!

Anyone interested in working with our team please contact me via pm or email as we have a number of different chips, some rare and not readily available to the marketplace, coupled with our basic 'portable' schematics that have been designed by our team they are perfect for the right EE to hit the ground running and get to prototype rather quickly. You would be invited to join the WPC and work on the range of Hornets and Wasps we have on the design board.

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:45:50 AM

I'm confused. How will I be able to get my hands on a wasp/hornet?

Is this a diy kit you will be selling?

Can we buy complete miners?
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:15:29 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 04:18:03 AM by Bicknellski

Here is how we hope it will work.

1. WPC designs and then releases that tested and prototyped miner design with firmware ready to go.
2. You have to get the chips.
3. You have to fab the miners.
4. We then receive a license fee on the designs through our licensing site.
5. We support those fabs that need our help.

The obvious tricky part is getting chips from the chip makers or resellers. Others beside the WPC will be selling either DIY kits or finished miners, some may even be WPC members but acting outside the WPC. If you are interested in working closely with us on this then you can drop Beastlymac a PM and he will keep you updated as we have designs ready.

-----

Internally our WPC members have purchased shares in the development of the Wasp and will recoup their investment with licensing and some mining of the prototypes we build. We have purchased sample chips like the A1 and have received samples of the BF2, AM BE200 and one other undisclosed ASIC and we are currently prototyping. We are currently working on ALL of these at the same time with our standard design. We will place our prototypes in facilities to bolster our WPC Mining Pool as well as develop a number of different variants for testing purposes. The one I am keen on seeing is the Wasp / Hornet variant that can be put into 2 phase cooling rig this summer in Hong Kong in a new prototype cooling configuration. But as with any of the current designs we have time constraints, we have a small team, so we have to prioritize which chips and design goes first. We also have to contend with limited investment as chips are rarely sold cheap enough or in sufficient quantity to make designs viable especially given the price of BTC currently. We are under no illusion of being tycoons given the large number of heavily funded and well established fabricators that exist currently. We are looking a providing designs for others so they can make the choice to either build at close to cost or look for other options.

SolarWindMiningCompany

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:45:53 PM

The lead EE we got does 3 michelin stars level work. We are always looking for a few good sous chefs so if you know anyone keen on helping out drop me an email. I am the Garçon de cuisine in this operation. BTC on any board these days is less than profitable... hopefully we will see the BTC rise again.

Hey Bick, I am sending you an email address of someone who might be able to join the EE team.

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:59:58 PM

Hey Bick, I am sending you an email address of someone who might be able to join the EE team.

Appreciated.

firejuan

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 09:36:11 PM

Refined the prototype focus towards new asic chip Hornet then Wasp for April as there is excellent support from the 3rd party chip fabricator.
Discussion of long term vision for next generation chips and pricing of gh/s projected.

In general there was a lively set of discussions on a wide range of topics that focused on the future production of miners. We are currently focused on getting out to community the Hornet and Wasp and potentially a specialized card to test in 2 phase cooling with a HK company.

Are these more public members similar to those that joined at the end of last year?  I regret not joining.  Thanks.

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:54:29 AM

Are these more public members similar to those that joined at the end of last year?  I regret not joining.  Thanks.

Yes. We want to get not just EE's but business people, students, hobbyists from as diverse a range of languages, countries and cultures as we can. Moving forward and being a truly globally spread collective is something we need to have as BITCOIN and CRYPTO is not restricted by boundary neither are we. Again I am hoping we have something arranged soon so that we can have more members join us. Keep watching this space.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: