Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:22:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wasp Project Collective Information thread.  (Read 38672 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:57:53 AM

Latest info from EE in Seattle on the new ASIC chip:

"working on the two CPLDs' internals at the moment, before placing them in the schematic and the floorplan, making certain that I can get all the local work generation and chip reconfiguration into 2 MCUs + 4CPLDs. Looks good so far..."

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptixuk

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:16:18 AM

im watching this threat, I like the idea of having a board where you can just swap the chips for newer ones
gamersglory

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

No more Crypto in this world

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:29:45 AM

We are currently looking for more EE's , SW and FW Devlopers.
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:56:13 AM

im watching this threat, I like the idea of having a board where you can just swap the chips for newer ones

'Threats' aside I hope we don't scare anyone off with this thread.

Note that what we are working on are the boards being swapped not the chips. We will push out 3 or 4 different board designs based on different chips as our design requires slight modifications chip to chip. These multiple boards can work in our single backplane just for clarification.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
BlackLabel_Actual

Activity: 41

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:51:07 AM

This sound's like a pretty amazing project, this is coming from an EE student. Iv'e been following this recently so see how the progress is.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:27:32 AM

No AM BE200? Don't forget about that one, it's the chip  Smiley
But I'm sure you keep that in mind!

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Cryptixuk

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:00:27 AM

'Threats' aside I hope we don't scare anyone off with this thread.

Note that what we are working on are the boards being swapped not the chips. We will push out 3 or 4 different board designs based on different chips as our design requires slight modifications chip to chip. These multiple boards can work in our single backplane just for clarification.

Sorry typo lol, but having said that I would say that the principle could possibly challenge the current crop of manufacturers. But I guess it would then boil down to costs. 
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:01:58 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 08:37:41 AM by Bicknellski

The way these corporate farms keep growing and expanding I am not so sure how much of an impact individuals working alone can have on keeping the network diversified. If people can POOL their resources and build these en masse maybe there is still hope that the network could have enough diversity to keep it secure. Having said that what the Minion from Black Arrow is offering is certainly intended to push out GPL miners. That is something we really are keen on. They might be late to the party with their Minion and miners but they have right focus I think on supporting any collectively orientated miners moving forward. The era of mining at home is done even with respect to altcoins. We hope we can help the diversity of the network and have some fun building these designs.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #Pl2ijy6xn1DTxmhs

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 04:05:54 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 11:10:22 AM by Bicknellski

No AM BE200? Don't forget about that one, it's the chip  Smiley
But I'm sure you keep that in mind!

AM BE200
A1
BitFury II
Minion

All in the mix, sorry had to add it back in I accidently omitted it. Our EE gave us a little insight into his plans for it.

We are just working feverishly on the undisclosed chip right now. Sorry if I left out the AsicMiner offering. We are pretty excited about the AM BE200 and Minion because of the way the heat gets out the bottom. We are looking already at a 16 chip Minion layout in the Hornet and a small single or dual chip Stinger for the AM BE200 as a USB offering as we have limited chips obviously so we want to check out other variants or our design range.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #iU69Nj0quQDZW23n

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:13:11 AM

Hey MinerPumpkin...

Is it possible to get a larger number of engineering / sample AM BE200's?

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:27:33 AM

Hey MinerPumpkin...

I'm not working for AM, unfortunately. You should let Friedcat know that you, as a big customer/engineering crew, are interested in additional chips. We (AM investors) believe that the first mass production batch is being produced as we speak and probably will be ready to ship in early may. The first test/engineering batch seems to have been distributed to various engineering groups and resellers around the globe. Additionally, I think Friedcat will announce the purchasing terms publicly once the "first" batch is ready.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:07:20 AM

Hey MinerPumpkin...

I'm not working for AM, unfortunately. You should let Friedcat know that you, as a big customer/engineering crew, are interested in additional chips. We (AM investors) believe that the first mass production batch is being produced as we speak and probably will be ready to ship in early may. The first test/engineering batch seems to have been distributed to various engineering groups and resellers around the globe. Additionally, I think Friedcat will announce the purchasing terms publicly once the "first" batch is ready.

Hoping we see some chips in the wild so to speak so DIYers and collectives can work on building what we put out in terms of design thanks for the heads up.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 11:52:05 AM

Group Buy! (I'll do PH/Asia, I've got a bunch of customers waiting, depending on prices.)

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:43:56 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 07:08:15 AM by Bicknellski

Group Buy! (I'll do PH/Asia, I've got a bunch of customers waiting, depending on prices.)

What for Dabs the AM BE200 chips?

Didn't know you can buy them in quantity anywhere. Anyhow the development plan was refined yesterday. We have also invited 3 more EE's to join us in the WPC so we may have a more boards being developed concurrently so that the current team is not overtaxed and we can get more boards out at the same time.

Development Priority

Priority: 1st
Name:"H" Hornet
Form Factor Dimensions:  325 x 325   
Cooling: Air   
Chip Count: 64
Chip Type: QFN
Base Speed: 7.5GH/s
Schematic: 95%, floorplan 100%
Firmware Stage: TEST/DEV   
Chips Ordered: 1200 (200 in hand)   
Lead EE: Seattle

Priority: 2nd
Name: "BE200" Hornet   
Base Speed: 7.5 GH/s
Schematic: Proposed   
Firmware Stage: Proposed   
Chips in Hand: 2 Engineering Samples Only    

Priority: 3rd
Name: "R" Hornet
Chip Type: HFC BGA
Base Speed: 200 GH/s
Chips Ordered: Undetermined   
Lead EE: Undetermined

Priority: Undetermined
Name: "Minion" Hornet
Base Speed: 115 GH/s
Chips Ordered: 5 to 10 possibly more.

Name: "A1" Wasp   
Form Factor Dimensions:  214 x 153   
Chip Count: 6
Base Speed: 25 GH/s
Schematic: 100%   
Chips in Hand: 100

Name: "H" Whiteface
Form Factor Dimensions:  225 x 400
Cooling: 2-Phase Cooling Engineering Test Sample   
Chip Count: 32
Schematic: Proposed based on "H" Hornet   
Chips Ordered: 1200 (200 in hand same lots of chips as "H"- Hornet)

Name: "BitFury2" Wasp
Form Factor Dimensions:  225 x 200
Chip Count: 16
Schematic: 100%, but the current layout requires some rework
Chips in Hand: 128

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 06:48:15 AM

Form Factor Dimensions:  225 x 400
Chips Ordered: 100

H is hammer asic correct? And can you give more details about the 2 phase immersion cooling?

Also has the BE200 been tested yet?
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:04:05 AM

Chips Ordered: 100

H is hammer asic correct? And can you give more details about the 2 phase immersion cooling?

Also has the BE200 been tested yet?

Not a liberty yet to release the fabricator of that chip we are working on. We have to pay for our chips today or tomorrow and when that is complete we will release the name of the chip and fabricator.

BE200 is the 2nd Priority so that design will come after we have a completed the "H" Hornet. So that is some time out as the EE lead in Seattle is taking on those 2 designs. So no it is not even designed or tested yet.

In terms of the "H"-Whiteface I have been in discussions with Engineers at http://www.allied-control.com/immersion-2/development-system in HK and I hoping that our EE in Seattle might be able to throw out a form factor which meets an Allied Control form factor (still undetermined) that goes into an Immersion 2 Cooling design at their facilities. My hope is when I go out to HK in June I can take an "H" Whiteface with me and get our board into a test system at their facilities. The board would be specifically designed for immersion type systems and that I think is crucial for anyone moving forward in board design is designing for highly efficient cooling systems with density. The "H" Hornet will be the baseline design for the "H" Whiteface so I am hoping that a form factor modification between the two is pretty straightforward.

AMT_miners

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 07:52:44 AM

What for Dabs the AM BE200 chips?

Didn't know you can buy them in quantity anywhere. Anyhow the development plan was refined yesterday. We have also invited 3 more EE's to join us in the WPC so we may have a more boards being developed concurrently so that the current team is not overtaxed and we can get more boards out at the same time.

Development Priority

Priority: 1st
Name:"H" Hornet
Base Speed: 7.5GH/s
Schematic: 95%, floorplan 100%
Chips Ordered: 1200 (200 in hand)   

Priority: 2nd
Name: "BE200" Hornet   
Chips in Hand: 2 Engineering Samples Only    

Priority: 3rd
Name: "R" Hornet
Base Speed: 200 GH/s
Chips Ordered: Undetermined   

Name: "Minion" Hornet
Base Speed: 115 GH/s
Chips Ordered: 5 to 10 possibly more.

Name: "A1" Wasp   
Form Factor Dimensions:  214 x 153   
Chip Count: 6
Base Speed: 25 GH/s
Schematic: 100%   
Chips in Hand: 100

Chips Ordered: 1200 (200 in hand same lots of chips as "H"- Hornet)

Name: "BitFury2" Wasp
Form Factor Dimensions:  225 x 200
Chip Count: 16
Schematic: 100%, but the current layout requires some rework
Chips in Hand: 128

If you need help with either A1 or Bitfury know how, we're happy to help and advise in any way we can. As the US chip distributor, we can also donate a few A1's to your cause as well. 
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:31:15 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 09:17:02 AM by Bicknellski

Any help is greatly appreciated AMT_miners. Thanks.

I will contact you via email / pm to arrange that and it be good to have a skype chat to discuss in more detail where we are with those chips and what is required to get those designs up and running.

-------------

Dolichovespula maculata is a North American wasp commonly called the bald-faced hornet, white-faced hornet, white-tailed hornet, blackjacket or bull wasp.

The EE named the Whiteface board after these. Guess he has had a nasty run in with these hornets before.

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 04:31:05 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 04:51:41 PM by loshia

If you need help with either A1 or Bitfury know how, we're happy to help and advise in any way we can. As the US chip distributor, we can also donate a few A1's to your cause as well.  

ROFL Grin
These guy's  are out of space. The only thing in therms of technical knowledge what you can learn from them is how to duc tape Technobit bitfury boards Grin
From the other side you can learn how to do business in most honest and open way from them also Grin
besides you could ask for some free A1 chips also Grin
They have plenty Grin
To amt  - Zipkin remember this guys are working for free and are not taking anything from community
So do not ask to much money upfront for the precious advises you are about to give Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Bicknellski

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:12:42 PM

Going to add another person to my ignore list. Funny how we only see the negative in certain companies when it is suitable eh? 

Anyhow... ANY help is appreciated thanks again AMT.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: