Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:16:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Wasp Project Collective Information thread.  (Read 38672 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:16:43 PM

Going to add another person to my ignore list.

Funny how we only see the negative when it is suitable eh?

Anyhow... ANY help is appreciated thanks again.

Any news from your EE regarding the AM BE200 chips? ROCKMINER managed to test them successfully, despite their boards being faulty due to broken parts. They've not yet manages to achieve the rated consumption, though. It'd be great if your EE managed to achieve those specs.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 05:51:19 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 07:32:42 AM by loshia

Going to add another person to my ignore list. Funny how we only see the negative in certain companies when it is suitable eh?  

Anyhow... ANY help is appreciated thanks again AMT.
Face the facts Bick
If you are still reading it
And of course it is your project and you are free to decide what to do
And remember there is no free lunch Smiley
Wish you long and successful cooperation with AMT. The rating of AMT will beat BFL one soon Grin
Best
Some real guys who know  what they do and they do it well
vs3 and bkk
Cooperation with them will bring you much more. Make them part of your team if you can.
What actually matters is your reputation guy's and your team members skills. But if you trade all this for a free chips Huh
AMT are proved to be ZERO competent from technical point of view

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:02:58 AM

Any news from your EE regarding the AM BE200 chips? ROCKMINER managed to test them successfully, despite their boards being faulty due to broken parts. They've not yet manages to achieve the rated consumption, though. It'd be great if your EE managed to achieve those specs.

We have the "H" Hornet to work through first and when the EE lead in Seattle does that then he will start working through the AM BE200. I will check in with him middle of the week and see where we are then. Yes I heard that they had some issues. The other EEs we are bringing on will likely work through the A1 and BF2 boards as we have completed a lot of work already and have chips in hand for those and it would be ideal for newer EEs to pick up and run with that.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
minerpumpkin

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:45:42 AM

We have the "H" Hornet to work through first and when the EE lead in Seattle does that then he will start working through the AM BE200. I will check in with him middle of the week and see where we are then. Yes I heard that they had some issues. The other EEs we are bringing on will likely work through the A1 and BF2 boards as we have completed a lot of work already and have chips in hand for those and it would be ideal for newer EEs to pick up and run with that.

Good! It is essential for us getting to know the 'real' or actual consumption levels of those chips. Please try and give us the best insight you can get on what the consumption is, also give us an estimate how much of an improvement we may still get and how accurate the measurements are. Oh and don't forget to cool the chips during testing, they may perform considerably different otherwise. (You <=> EE, interchangeably in this text  Smiley)

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:03:14 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 05:38:15 PM by Bicknellski

What I would suggest as soon as the EE in Seattle is on to it we get you in a meeting with him and you can pick his brain. Or come to the meeting after he has it ready and you can really ask all the questions you need to ask. I'll will PM you the details as soon as we get to that point or just email me weekly asking is it ready yet... is it ready yet... is it ready yet. We welcome genuine interest and we hope whenever possible to provide time for those who want to learn more about what we are doing behind the scenes. Sharing information like that is really important if we are going to really push DIY boundaries.

Description: What it's like being an engineer in the corporate WPC environment

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83971545/ <--- Video the EE in Seattle sent me... I think he is trying to tell me something?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
minerpumpkin

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:06:52 AM

What I would suggest as soon as the EE in Seattle is on to it we get you in a meeting with him and you can pick his brain. Or come to the meeting after he has it ready and you can really ask all the questions you need to ask. Ill will PM you the details as soon as we get to that point. We welcome genuine interest and we hope whenever possible to provide time for those who want to learn more about what we are doing behind the scenes. Sharing information like that is really important if we are going to really push DIY boundaries.

Thanks! I'll try and gather all the questions we need to be answered  Smiley

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:15:57 AM

Latest Update:

We have paid for our SpondooliesTech Hammer chips which will go into our Hammer Hornets and Hammer Whiteface designs.
We have ordered our Black Arrow Minion chips which will go ino our Minion Hornets.

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 02:49:02 AM

Where would a Hammer Whiteface go?

Into an Allied Control system like this.

Animation of the system

System specification

Then into a datatank system like this anywhere you want.

minerpumpkin

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:10:17 AM

Animation of the system

System specification

There's a discussion about this in the AM thread. Isn't this directed at the AM chips?
Any news regarding the BE 200 chip from your EE? Smiley considering that today will be the conference?

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:19:07 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 08:56:33 PM by Bicknellski

Well given we might have time between the Hammer and BE200 Hornets and the conference in HK it might be possible to have both Whiteface boards ready. But I think that is a tall order for our team to get even 1 Whiteface board done, but that is something that we will be talking about today at the meeting. I think what Allied Control is looking at is doing a standardized form factor so the type of chip is not the focus but rather the system they are suggesting.

Meaning... any design can get dunked in that system in HK. Not sure if we will have something but I hope we do have 2 types of boards to drop in a tank in coming months.

Bicknellski

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 06:02:07 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 03:21:32 AM by Bicknellski

TLDR Minutes of meeting:

+ Work is continuing on the Hammer Hornet design is nearly complete, then work on BE200 Wasp.

+ The search continues for a new design package that is reasonably priced per seat so we can get more EEs at the design table.

+ The Mining Pool is ready for testing although we will need to build a team to help service and maintain it we are currently sourcing new members for that purpose.

+ We will be at Inside Bitcoins HK and it might be possible to have some of our prototype Whiteface boards hashing at Allied Control while we are at the Inside Bitcoins HK conference.

+ We are adding 4 new EEs to the WPC still waiting on them to pay membership.

+ We will have general WPC meetings fortnightly and the interim weeks project teams can meet in their groups to push projects forward.

+ We will be moving forward to setting up our WPC legally by June hopefully.

+ Next general meeting Saturday May 4th, 2014.

hozer

Activity: 271
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 10:31:56 PM

Animation of the system

System specification

How about we make an ammonia-cooled wasp q3ube and put one on my farm?

The benefit of this is the cooling system would be under an AGPLv3 license, and I can use leftover coolant for fertilizer.
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:03:01 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 03:26:46 AM by Bicknellski

Sure. We can get you a board to test out when we are done. PM me or email me.

Although at this time we won't have time to fit any specific form factor you may need. We are currently working on Hammer Hornet which could be tested in a 2 phase Allied Control system as a demonstrator in HK in June when I am at the Inside Bitcoin event.

http://ftp://ftp.nrcan.gc.ca/pub/outgoing/nrcan-rncan/2013-143_RP-FIN_e_(Ref-2013-132)-VFinale-2013-08-15.pdf

http://www.carnotrefrigeration.com/en/refrigeration/co2-cooling-system

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 04:03:24 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 10:16:33 AM by Bicknellski

The EE's have had to refocus our efforts away from the BF2 and A1 chips as they are now less than desirable packages for development and this shift has allowed us the opportunity to look at even higher density and 2-phase cooling using the Hammer chips and then the BE200 chips as well as looking towards future chips like the RockerBox / PickAxe S-Tech chips and the Black Arrow Minion in what we call the Hornet and Whiteface boards.

We are singularly focused on pushing out the Hammer Whiteface and that will be tested at Allied Control in Hong Kong is a 2 phase Novec tank. The Hammer Whiteface is not going to be the end point or release point for our DIY design timeline as we are moving directly to BE200's and RockerBox chips after that. This will be in a standard form factor that can be housed in the DataTank configuration that Allied Control is coming up right now. That is our longer term goal on development. Coupled with this we are also working to develop a pool / hardware hosting & collocation / cloud mining / hardware sales that are housed in a single data center or beta test node configuration and will be available to customers both big and small. The nodes we are going to use are in the EU and US but we are also looking at Asia / Oceania for beta testing.

Ripped from our development hub...

Big Board Architecture - Hammer Chips

Hornets and Whitefaces - collectively the "Big Boards" - are sharing a common architecture, differing mostly in form-factor. They each have a power section, responsible for producing the voltages needed to drive hashers. They have four collections of 16 hashers each, called "quadrants" because they are positioned in the four corners of the board. Separating these quadrants horizontally are two microcontrollers (MCUs), along with two CPLDs per MCU. These CPLDs contain programmed logic to translate signal voltage levels, adapt the MCUs' SPI to the hashers' serial communications, and to assemble the hashers into eight serially connected groups, or "chains", each containing 8 hashers. This assembly process will allow the MCU to bypass any non-functional hasher, thereby rescuing the remaining hashers in each chain of 8, and allowing the remaining hashers to produce work.

The vertical gap between quadrants is filled with four dual voltage controllers, whose responsibility is to convert 12V DC at moderate current levels to the 0.7-0.9V at high current levels required by the hasher cores. These controllers will be programmable, and can adjust their outputs in small increments over the range of .... and the rest is on our development hub pages.

minerpumpkin

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:52:45 AM

ROCKMINER received a couple of chips (23k) today (https://twitter.com/RockMinerInc/status/463863744297054208).
Did you order/receive/expect some of those as well?

Bicknellski

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:13:10 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 10:28:44 AM by Bicknellski

We are only getting / got 2 chips Grin.

More if we need them supposedly, that is what our EE said last meeting.

As we have already paid for our 1100 Hammer chips we are looking at those shipping today or tomorrow to Seattle from Israel. All those chips will be made into Hammer Whiteface boards most likely. The BE200's will be designed for Wasp and Whiteface. The difference between the Whiteface and Hornet is minimal so those looking for cooling like a standard air / heatsink or a 2 phase Novec system then you will have 2 possibly 3 options with our designs as they will come out at roughly the same time. Noting that the BE200's could be cheap and readily available we are also doing our original Wasp / Hive configuration for the DIY market or for density in smaller sized data center configurations or home use.

Minion and Rockerbox chips we will definitely need to look at water block or single or 2 phase cooling. We are hoping our meeting with Allied Control in at Inside Bitcoin HK in June will prove fruitful.

necro_nemesis

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:35:06 AM

Got any independent test results on the BE200 you may or may not have and care to share? Grin
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:09:34 AM

Nothing to share as we have not started designing that iteration of the Whiteface / Wasp boards yet. BE200 is 2nd priority right now.
When we have we will share what we can.

gamersglory

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

No more Crypto in this world

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:10:16 PM

We are Looking at Scrypt ASIC's as well I will be working that front for now
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 01:13:21 PM

Hello,

Just to let you know guys. I am thinking about selling on e-bay bulk HF Golden Nonce chips soon if anyone is interested.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: