Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:31:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Levelcoin - Proof of Stake / Proof of Burn Hybrid - Inflation Immune  (Read 44778 times)
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:07:50 AM

I forgot to ask. How will the reward mechanism affect the maximum number of coins?
Will they count towards the coin cap? will it be a soft cap?
pandaisftw

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:08:21 AM

Yes that is my Linkdin. It is a bit outdated I might add, have not used it in years.

Thanks. I'll send a linkedin invite to verify, then I'm in. High risk at this point, but with a huge upside. How much are you looking for in total funding, and what is the minimum you need to see the project through?

Let me know if he responds to your invite.

NXT: 13095091276527367030
LeoC

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:08:58 AM

I forgot to ask. How will the reward mechanism affect the maximum number of coins?

Something tells me you didn't read the whole thread lol

Yes that is my Linkdin. It is a bit outdated I might add, have not used it in years.

Thanks. I'll send a linkedin invite to verify, then I'm in. High risk at this point, but with a huge upside. How much are you looking for in total funding, and what is the minimum you need to see the project through?

Ditto, I sent you an invite too
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:09:34 AM

And, sorry to quadruple post but how much btc were you looking for with the kickstarter and will you bypass that entirely if you receive enough btc from this thread/escrow?
There are plenty of third-party escrow service companies we could use.
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:11:57 AM

I did, did you?

This is Proof of burn, the initial coins will be decided upon by how many btc are burnt.
Those coins will then generate new coins. The question is what is the cap on the new coins that are generated.
This is not addressed in the OP.
Level Coin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:13:53 AM

And, sorry to quadruple post but how much btc were you looking for with the kickstarter and will you bypass that entirely if you receive enough btc from this thread/escrow?
There are plenty of third-party escrow service companies we could use.

Putting a cap on the BTC received would effectively put a cap on the amount of Level 1 that gets disseminated on launch, and I do not want that, so there is no cap.
The deadline is time based. Currently I will cut direct funding on the 31st of this month. At that point depending on the amount of backers, I will launch the coin.
LeoC

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:14:56 AM

I did, did you?

This is Proof of burn, the initial coins will be decided upon by how many btc are burnt.
Those coins will then generate new coins. The question is what is the cap on the new coins that are generated.

Since when is BTC getting burnt? You just proved that you didn't read the thread. He stated twice in this thread that there is no cap.
Pretty sure I read it and you did not.

It seems to me that people are afraid of something different. They want coin caps, linear inflation, and other crap that they're used to so that they can feel comfortable.
Level Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:18:05 AM

I did, did you?

Since when is BTC getting burnt? You just proved that you didn't read the thread. He stated twice in this thread that there is no cap.
Pretty sure I read it and you did not.

You are correct. Level 1 coins make up the part that will be burned. There is no cap on coin generation, but there will be diminishing returns on the generation brought by older coins until eventually they generate nothing.
smi2le

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:27:05 AM

Ditto, I sent you an invite too

Level Coin, since responding to single invites will only prove your identity to those who invite you , could you please add some info about Levelcoin on LinkedIn?
northranger79510

Activity: 308

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:28:13 AM

So did he respond to invites?

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
LeoC

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:33:11 AM

Level Coin, since responding to single invites will only prove your identity to those who invite you , could you please add some info about Levelcoin on LinkedIn?

I wouldn't do that if I were you lol, I've seen people lose jobs or opportunities for putting less "shady" offerings over the internet.

Not yet. He did say he hasn't used it in years though.
northranger79510

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:35:27 AM

He can just reset password. If he doesnt want to put that, he can put acronyms or some other random things to prove he is who he says he is. I am very cautious since being scammed.

smi2le

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:41:35 AM

I wouldn't do that if I were you lol, I've seen people lose jobs or opportunities for putting less "shady" offerings over the internet.

Not yet. He did say he hasn't used it in years though.

md5("levelcoin") = ba246fc2e2c60d923b44ace64ce69f9f

how about "ba24" somewhere in there. this should be ok.
Level Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:42:16 AM

He can just reset password. If he doesnt want to put that, he can put acronyms or some other random things to prove he is who he says he is. I am very cautious since being scammed.

This might sound dumb, but it's the truth. I do not remember the password. I have requested a password change which goes to an old e-mail address for which I also do not remember the password. I have then requested a password change for the e-mail but it is now asking me a security question: Who was your childhood hero? I tried putting the one that I think I remember being the answer to the question but after several attempts I was locked out. Sorry! This account is over 5 years old. There is a reason why I did not include this profile in the original post and I did not expect people to find it.
northranger79510

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:46:09 AM

No worries. What is your email address you put for LinkedIn. Since it is old and you do not use it anymore, can you post it here or PM me it?

northranger79510

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:53:24 AM

As an alternative, you can also give us your work email and we can send a message and you reply to confirm. If you'd like just let one person do it and they can post a screenshot of your reply. I am sure Krafts gave you your own email address like "d.elsinger@krafts.com"

Level Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:58:33 AM

I no longer work at Kraft, this was 10 years ago...

The address for my linkdin is d.elsingerjr@yahoo.com to which I do not know the password.
smi2le

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 03:59:11 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2014, 05:09:21 AM by smi2le

This might sound dumb, but it's the truth. I do not remember the password. I have requested a password change which goes to an old e-mail address for which I also do not remember the password. I have then requested a password change for the e-mail but it is now asking me a security question: Who was your childhood hero? I tried putting the one that I think I remember being the answer to the question but after several attempts I was locked out. Sorry! This account is over 5 years old. There is a reason why I did not include this profile in the original post and I did not expect people to find it.

how about posting here:

https://www.facebook.com/doelsinger
Level Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:02:12 AM

how about here posting here:

https://www.facebook.com/doelsinger

Wrong Dave Elsinger!
northranger79510

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 04:03:00 AM

Are you sure that d.elsingerjr@yahoo.com is the correct email? When I try to connect with you using that email, it failed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: