Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:37:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Levelcoin - Proof of Stake / Proof of Burn Hybrid - Inflation Immune  (Read 44778 times)
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:34:39 AM

LevelCoin will investors of the current fundraiser receive a higher level coin:btc ratio than the kickstarter funders?
Is there any incentive to not wait for the kickstarter?

I have been talking to current founders and it seems the unanimous decision is that they want higher rewards, I am considering giving early backers 1.5X the amount of Levelcoin.

As for the Facebook issue, I've sent messages to certain members on here. They know why I can't post publicly. It is too easy to take a screenshot and post it here.

This is strange.
If they are already founders, i.e., they have already sent in money, then you have no incentive to reward them additionally. This appears to be an attempt to appeal to potential founders. Why would you do this? You could get all the funding you need - just look at all the posts from people who would love to be a part of this, including me - if you just front up with some code or a whitepaper or proof of your identity.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
LeoC

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:21:06 AM

This is strange.
If they are already founders, i.e., they have already sent in money, then you have no incentive to reward them additionally. This appears to be an attempt to appeal to potential founders. Why would you do this? You could get all the funding you need - just look at all the posts from people who would love to be a part of this, including me - if you just front up with some code or a whitepaper or proof of your identity.

We want higher rewards in comparison to the people that get in via Kickstarter or any other form of additional distribution. Next did the same thing, first phase participants received 3x NXT. Ethereum is also doing the same thing, investers within the first week will get 2x ether. XCP did almost the same thing, where people that burned early received 1500 XCP, if you try to burn now you get less than 1100 XPC. It's not uncommon, higher risk = higher reward. Level coin obviously didn't want to give founders double or triple so he opted to give us 50% more. There are still 2 days left to get in at 1.5x which is a reasonable advantage.
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:52:40 AM

Here is the proof promised: http://imgur.com/edit

Ooops silly me...hold on guys

http://imgur.com/MrSNjO7

If you guys look on Page 8, Levelcoin clearly stated the Facebook profile was his.

Thats not the right profile. He stated that on page 8.

He can just reset password. If he doesnt want to put that, he can put acronyms or some other random things to prove he is who he says he is. I am very cautious since being scammed.

This might sound dumb, but it's the truth. I do not remember the password. I have requested a password change which goes to an old e-mail address for which I also do not remember the password. I have then requested a password change for the e-mail but it is now asking me a security question: Who was your childhood hero? I tried putting the one that I think I remember being the answer to the question but after several attempts I was locked out. Sorry! This account is over 5 years old. There is a reason why I did not include this profile in the original post and I did not expect people to find it.

how about here posting here:

https://www.facebook.com/doelsinger

Wrong Dave Elsinger!
Abyss_X

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:23:47 AM

A few pages further he revokes this statement and says it is his account.

That profile is a half dozen years old. It is not updated to reflect the past couple of years of my life. I do in fact live in Michigan at the moment.
You missed the sarcasm in my post. Let me clear it up. Yes that is my Facebook, but I want to keep personal, professional and hobbyist lives separated.
I'm sorry I gave you enough negative impressions worth jumping to conclusions over. The members of this forum are a rowdy bunch I'll give them that.

Additional he ignores again the uncomfortable questions what bring me back to this 3 points...

#1 the author ignore uncomfortable questions till ipo ends

#2 the author does not show any parts of code

#3 the author contradicts himself during the discussions

techguy

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:28:21 AM

People have been clamoring for a higher incentive to invest so I am going to be raising initial investor rewards to 150,000 per BTC and 4,275 per LTC.

Its good to see the higher incentive for early investors.
pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:52:27 AM

That profile is a half dozen years old. It is not updated to reflect the past couple of years of my life. I do in fact live in Michigan at the moment.
You missed the sarcasm in my post. Let me clear it up. Yes that is my Facebook, but I want to keep personal, professional and hobbyist lives separated.
I'm sorry I gave you enough negative impressions worth jumping to conclusions over. The members of this forum are a rowdy bunch I'll give them that.

Additional he ignores again the uncomfortable questions what bring me back to this 3 points...

Honestly, with the amount of flip-flopping he is doing, even if I can make more returns now, I'd rather just wait for kickstarter for less risk, less return.

NXT: 13095091276527367030
LeoC

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:17:09 AM

I'm stoked for release, I could care less about the whole private life thing.
Even if the guy says he is someone that he is not, does that make the idea, client, and chance to make money all of a sudden disappear?
Nope, the dev could be some yokel with no education but it wouldn't matter to me. All that matters is if the coin itself is a success.
If Bill Gates had a criminal background before he built Windows, would it have mattered once it was released? Would it have stopped Windows from being a success?
Don't invest, more profit for the rest of us. This is going to be Next all over again, which also by the way did not have escrow and was constantly called a scam before launch, founders ended up getting rich.
What if the Kickstarter fails to get approved, which is actually very likely? He could very well launch with the founder list that he already has since it has grown a lot recently and leave everyone that is waiting in the dust.
Abyss_X

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:38:53 AM

Interesting to see how naive people sent money to a person who only writes some text at a Forum.  Roll Eyes

Just think about one fact, if he can attrackt a lot of more investors and make much more money only by post some code of his project or write one message at FB why does not do it?  Wink

Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:39:20 AM

@LeoC that argument does not hold up. If he fails to provide escrow there are nearly no initial investors. How do you expect a coin to suceed when there are only 10 supporters in the beginning who each got only 100000 coins or so?
Mota
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:54:28 AM

actually, it is exactly that: text.
There is no source code, whitepaper, escrow or identity verification atm.
Level Coin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:56:05 AM

Text is powerful. Sure the rest are nice things but without the idea there is nothing.
My vision is to enhance cryptocurrency as a whole and elevate it to new areas.
There will be a whitepaper, and source code upon release.
There will also be a closed beta for founders.

There are currently enough founders to have a successful launch, and I see this increasing in the next couple of days.
No word from Kickstarter yet, the application is "pending approval"
LeoC

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:01:43 AM

Text is powerful. Sure the rest are nice things but without the idea there is nothing.

There are currently enough founders to have a successful launch, and I see this increasing in the next couple of days.

Can you PM me the source code?

Or not lol
Mota
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:15:53 AM

No word from Kickstarter yet, the application is "pending approval"
The thing is, I don't believe you. I repeatedly told you that if you offered escrow many more people would invest.
If you had even a scrap of working code or a whitepaper ready you would have released it already. Sorry to say, but your project will get no more than maybe 0,1btc from me without escrow. 
Level Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:19:57 AM

The thing is, I don't believe you. I repeatedly told you that if you offered escrow many more people would invest.
If you had even a scrap of working code or a whitepaper ready you would have released it already. Sorry to say, but your project will get no more than maybe 0,1btc from me without escrow.  

I am not against escrow, if you want to take the time to set it up to protect yourself, then I will be happy to comply.
Personally I had trouble coming to an agreement with establishing terms and pricing for this service. Perhaps you will have better luck.
You will receive the same founder rate, but you will be responsible for any fees associated with the service.
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:27:00 AM

Well in that case:

Here is the proof promised: http://imgur.com/edit

Ooops silly me...hold on guys

http://imgur.com/MrSNjO7

If you guys look on Page 8, Levelcoin clearly stated the Facebook profile was his.

Explain this.
Case closed.

It will be interesting to see what kind of opium-laced logical retort LeoC will cook up for us this time.
Will it be denial: "That could have easily been faked!"
Will it be anger: "You're just mad because you didn't get hired to do work for free!"
Maybe bargaining: "Maybe if we just wait two days until the fundraiser is over he will clear everything up"
I can hardly wait.

Abyss_X

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:29:49 AM

OK i have only one question, whats about the crap with the facebook account?

First statement: its not yours

Second statement: oh its yours

answer from the facebook guy: he is not the "dev" of Levelcoin and dont know what we talking about

Maybe you can explain this for us???

pandaisftw

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:35:29 AM

I'm stoked for release, I could care less about the whole private life thing.
Even if the guy says he is someone that he is not, does that make the idea, client, and chance to make money all of a sudden disappear?
Nope, the dev could be some yokel with no education but it wouldn't matter to me. All that matters is if the coin itself is a success.
If Bill Gates had a criminal background before he built Windows, would it have mattered once it was released? Would it have stopped Windows from being a success?
Don't invest, more profit for the rest of us. This is going to be Next all over again, which also by the way did not have escrow and was constantly called a scam before launch, founders ended up getting rich.
What if the Kickstarter fails to get approved, which is actually very likely? He could very well launch with the founder list that he already has since it has grown a lot recently and leave everyone that is waiting in the dust.

The difference is that NXT actually offers a complete platform (just look at the number of features and it's potential). Levelcoin is simply another coin, with an interesting twist. It also would not make sense to implement any advanced features on-top of levelcoin because the entire focus of this coin is scarcity, income and price. So in actuality, levelcoin isn't really bringing anything truly innovative to the table. All people buying in now are speculators, not investors.

NXT: 13095091276527367030
Level Coin (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:36:23 AM

I'll post publicly here what I have PM'ed people. Hopefully this doesn't backfire.

My organization has recently begun to heavily monitors my actions. Thanks to a few inquisitive individuals they have found this thread.
I have been warned that should I be proven to be affiliated with this project that there will be repercussions and I may lose titles within the organization.
I have had no choice but to dismiss any inquiries to avoid such judgement. My position in the organization is far more important to me than this project.

I won't say a word more than this.
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:39:00 AM

I'll post publicly here what I have PM'ed people. Hopefully this doesn't backfire.

My organization has recently begun to heavily monitors my actions. Thanks to a few inquisitive individuals they have found this thread.
I have been warned that should I be proven to be affiliated with this project that there will be repercussions and I may lose titles within the organization.
I have had no choice but to dismiss any inquiries to avoid such judgement. My position in the organization is far more important to me than this project.

I won't say a word more than this.

hmm...
LeoC

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:40:06 AM

Careful dude I'd delete that if I were you. Those religious types get pissed off over anything, no offense. It's not worth risking it by caving into a couple of people.
Kind of makes sense though, a church could look bad if one of its higher up members is doing something like this on the side. They probably don't want to risk being guilty by association.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: