Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:30:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][RDD] Reddcoin The Social Currency [PoSV] Electrum Wallet 1.0.2  (Read 688916 times)
Cryptmas.com

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:42:19 AM

I need help...

I was very excited to start staking a few million REDD but am getting a bit frustrated. I placed a couple million coins in my wallet for a couple weeks now and my wallet was upgraded to 3.1.0 the day it came out. Like a kid at Christmas, I watched the "estimated time to earn a reward" go from 5 days, to 4, to 3, to 2 and then 1... where it has been sitting for about 3 days now.

I leave my wallet open all day and everything seems ok but it still says one day. Its getting a bit frustraiting.

Any ideas what to do? Am I blind and doing something wrong? Any assisance would be greatly appreciated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptmas.com

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:54:23 AM

I need help...

I was very excited to start staking a few million REDD but am getting a bit frustrated. I placed a couple million coins in my wallet for a couple weeks now and my wallet was upgraded to 3.1.0 the day it came out. Like a kid at Christmas, I watched the "estimated time to earn a reward" go from 5 days, to 4, to 3, to 2 and then 1... where it has been sitting for about 3 days now.

I leave my wallet open all day and everything seems ok but it still says one day. Its getting a bit frustraiting.

Any ideas what to do? Am I blind and doing something wrong? Any assisance would be greatly appreciated.

OK, I give up. after 3 days it finally updated... it now says 120169 days.
Any advice here?
youseeberkeley

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:28:35 AM

I need help...

OK, I give up. after 3 days it finally updated... it now says 120169 days.
Any advice here?

Well, with a few million redd against all the others staking, it'll take some time for you to build up enough weight to stake, the time indicator is only an estimate, just give it a little more time, restart your pc, and hopefully stakes should be coming your way!

hadi

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:50:27 AM

why dump again?
blg425

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:02:08 AM

why dump again?

massive dump or something. 13 sats

Anders

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:22:25 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 07:39:22 AM by Anders

I'm also skeptical about the social aspect of Reddcoin. It's supposed to be better than a 'Like' or '+1' and things like that. It will probably only make people who receive tips feel like whores.

haha, what!?!?

All those musicians and visual artists trying to start a career will def feel like whores. Not to mention the bloggers trying to compete with large scale media outlets... come on man... dumb statement of the day. I have doubts, mainly because crypto will make one pessimistic, but whores...

From a larger perspective all jobs are whore business basically. In the future automation will replace jobs so that we be free from having to "earn a living". No. More. Slavery. Baby.

EDIT: Today jobs are of course needed. I wrote about the long term perspective where exponential progress of technology will make the system work for people instead of people working for the system. That's why the social tipping idea feels like something for the 20th century rather than for the 21th century.
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:23:43 AM

why dump again?

massive dump or something. 13 sats

This is marking down. Strong hands accumulate at this time and Stronger hands sell at peak(Distribution).
Weaker hands Sells on low in panic and buy on top in euphoria. Similar to stock selling.
These two cycles goes on and on one by one throwing away the week hands and making strong hands wealthier.
Study the below images as identify where we are and act upon accordingly.

tianshi

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:25:53 AM

RDD is another miracle.This coin become alive now!
Anders

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:29:13 AM

I read on Reddit that big traders (sometimes called whales) buy a lot of altcoins and then there will be an automatic momentum where the smaller traders will cause an upswing of the price, and when the price has reached a certain level the whales sell all their altcoins and buy bitcoins, and the altcoin price drops. The whales keep their wealth in bitcoins and only use altcoins for temporary stunts like that. In this way the altcoin price is being drained.
allcoinminer

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:50:04 AM

I read on Reddit that big traders (sometimes called whales) buy a lot of altcoins and then there will be an automatic momentum where the smaller traders will cause an upswing of the price, and when the price has reached a certain level the whales sell all their altcoins and buy bitcoins, and the altcoin price drops. The whales keep their wealth in bitcoins and only use altcoins for temporary stunts like that. In this way the altcoin price is being drained.

That is true but normal, its not applicable in all alt coins. Quality coin with good development team like ReddCoin survives.
Big fishes also spread bad news through medias, forum, artificial chart formations to Markdown as in my above post.
Anders

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:01:46 AM

That is true but normal, its not applicable in all alt coins. Quality coin with good development team like ReddCoin survives.
Big fishes also spread bad news through medias, forum, artificial chart formations to Markdown as in my above post.

Maybe social tipping is a good idea after all. I'm not sure yet. For example a video website could compete with YouTube with a tipping system instead of intrusive ads. I like ads, when they are non-intrusive. YouTube has started with too much intrusive ads that force people to watch the ads for say 20 seconds, and even with ads that interrupt in the middle of a video! A video site with tipping could give content creators a better way of earning money, and then Reddcoin could be an excellent choice.
allcoinminer

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:11:31 AM

Maybe social tipping is a good idea after all. I'm not sure yet. For example a video website could compete with YouTube with a tipping system instead of intrusive ads. I like ads, when they are non-intrusive. YouTube has started with too much intrusive ads that force people to watch the ads for say 20 seconds, and even with ads that interrupt in the middle of a video! A video site with tipping could give content creators a better way of earning money, and then Reddcoin could be an excellent choice.

Why I love ReddCoin is their business model, it has a good future and their professionalism.
hadi

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:19:38 AM

Why I love ReddCoin is their business model, it has a good future and their professionalism.

I cant see any future if drop under 10 sat.
allcoinminer

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:21:19 AM

I'm not arguing, but post solid the reasons when you fix a statement.
Anders

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:47:12 AM

I wonder if Reddcoin or Dogecoin will be best as a social currency. The proof of stake with velocity is an interesting idea, but will it work in practice? There will still be an incentive to hoard reddcoins because once they get minted (and their age being reset to zero) the coins can start to age again. So the PoSV algoritm seems to be basically the same as ordinary proof of stake with only a minor difference. Or maybe I have misunderstood how the PoSV algorithm works.

The interesting thing is that social currency is a different concept than the bitcoin "gold reserve" model. If Reddcoin or Dogecoin would become hugely popular, then they may even beat bitcoin as a currency for shopping etc. Bitcoin is excellent as an investment currency, not so much as a general currency.
husky1971

Activity: 150

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:00:48 AM

I can see the first person who has 7 bilj. sold already 3 bilj. He was the first place blockexpr. I think he gone sells all his coins. I follow the blockexplorer from 2 aug.
husky1971

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:04:12 AM

I can see the first person who has 7 bilj. sold already 3 bilj. He was the first place blockexpr. I think he gone sells all his coins. I follow the blockexplorer from 2 aug.

About 10 people dumping the coins
Limpuls

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:07:02 AM

Hi, I'm interested in this coin and have a question what is the best exchange to buy RDD? How I know mintpal isn't best anymore? I haven't bought coins for 1month so don't know what is happening now.
allcoinminer

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:02:30 AM

Too much micro managing is not good.
husky1971

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:28:11 AM

Too much micro managing is not good.

Please explane to me, because dont understand. I try to make money and try to invest meaning with real USD. Iam only 7 months in crypto and not understand everything.
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 »
  Print  

Jump to: