Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:45:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Decision in panic!  (Read 5950 times)
Vjatri (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:17:09 AM

Have you ever take wrong decision when you were panic. share your experience

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
payjoe93

Activity: 499
Merit: 268

PAYJOE93 DESIGN SERVICE

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 05:33:44 AM

Panic for what?

Since i trade on exchange, panic will be friend everyday. If price going low, and we think will going up again but price going down more, it will make you to sell you coin immediately. It is called PANIC SELLING.

If i in condition panic, i decide to hold around 2 week, and sell it whatever will be.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:39:00 AM

everyone has done that. I am convinced that everyone has made a wrong decision and it is like a regret. panic when the price drops drastically and then we sell coins that are owned at a cheap price. whereas some time later the price increases again. but if we do not panic and can be calm in taking decisions then we can just avoid the risk of loss. so never assume that patience and calm are unimportant, because it can determine what we decide.
deeofficialx

Activity: 462
Merit: 113

Need me? PM me!

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:44:41 AM

Once. I have earned particular tokens from a bounty, and decided to hold. Now, that token flops at almost 0. I wish I sell all of those.
torotot

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:48:57 AM

I dis not yet experienced it here in crypto however in real world panic is not good time to decide. Once you are in panic moment your thinking is what will be will be or no matter what happen I will accept because I can't do anything or I do this no matter what if I die I died if not then let it be. Irvine not advisable to decide if you are in panic maybe you will most probably lose everything.
xcbjsuw

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:51:14 AM

I once panicked, and panic makes me lose because I have to sell assets when the price is cheap. Though a few days later the coin prices rise again.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 05:52:12 AM

Yes, many times we make wrong decisions when we panic because it create fear in our body system that becloud our thinking process. For instance whenever we observe that the price of one of ours altcoins is dipping so badly we tend to panic which might lead us to sell. I remember selling my Docademic tokens to regret later due to panic.

HOMT

Powered by,
ArkiCrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:55:24 AM

I think you're referring into trading right? Well, yes I think most of us have been there to that situation especially when we're new into trading industry.

Before I started into trading industry I've study first in this forums (Trading Discussion), reading articles, watching youtubes videos including entry points, exit points, reading candlesticks, graphs and different strategies and after a while when I know that I have enough knowledge I tried to invest a small amount of investment just to be familiar. But after investing a small amount I am not contended then I invest a big amount and that's the time I realized that I have a knowledge but doesn't have enough experience and after that I am too afraid to lose a big amount then i sell what I've bought at a low price.
snowfu199

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:56:07 AM

They are many cases I can share, but I'd rather not.
My conclusion is that it is almost certain that decision made in panic is always wrong.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:03:19 AM

In everything that you'll do if you are in deep panic or fear never do or make decision for you might regret it in the future. I guess most of us have tried making bad decisions specially when we do panic selling. Panic selling is very common to emotional investors. Those people always tend to panic sell the coins that they are holding because of huge dips. In order for you not to become an emotional investor you should spend some time to research about the coin or token that you want to invest your money in for you to have faith and believe in its technology. Lack of knowledge about the technology that you invested will always result to panic selling.

I've been an emotional investor few years back. Sold during huge dips and regretted when the market starts to recover which is always the trend and just a normal cycle of the market. Right now when I see bloodbath or huge dips from the market I just ignore it and try to hold on to my coins or tokens which I believe most. I know that sooner or later the market will correct itself and will go back to an uptrend which will make me more profit.
Bitmore

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:05:21 AM

I used to make the wrong decisions when the price went down. But I realized if something goes wrong don't need to sell at a loss. We must wait out the storm))

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:10:30 AM

Of course everyone ever being panic mode, when you just start out, don't know the situation and suddenly you heard the bad news then you will be think to prevent more lost, and you can sell without thinking anymore, when you just beginner you tends to made that mistake because you still don't know where to find the reliable source of information and you still don't have any experience to deal with the sudden situation

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:16:23 AM

It's called cut lost when the price goes down and you sell your coins in order to protect your loss. Believe it or not many people are doing this and it's normal, something that you have to do spontaneously in a panic situation after that you have to find a new way to recover your lost, usually need more time to get your money back after that crash. Don't hurt yourself seeing the price crash dramatically.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:19:21 AM

In the initial days of my trades and investment I used to get very upset about the cons that I am holding when they used to go down in the value. Made many mistake by selling them at lower rates than the ATH's which they got immediately after that.

But this time I have learnt to overcome the situation and dont really panic. As I have learnt my lesson that doing so causes only self loss and nothing else. So if you want to be perfect investors then always remember that panic is your enemy and patience is your friend in the world of crypto currency.
funyjackson

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:22:57 AM

Yes, many times we make wrong decisions when we panic because it create fear in our body system that becloud our thinking process. For instance whenever we observe that the price of one of ours altcoins is dipping so badly we tend to panic which might lead us to sell. I remember selling my Docademic tokens to regret later due to panic.
my strategy is to carefully study this coin , before investing it . if i decide to invest in it , i will hold it for a long time . i don't always pay attention to its price  . this avoids panic .
gune68gune

Activity: 181

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:23:51 AM

Feeling panicked when the market goes down is a natural thing for the holders. So far I have never experienced a mistake due to panic due to the market down. I always have an optimistic thinking that the market will come back green after a correction. I think taking decisions when I feel panic is a loss.
ICOBountyPrograms

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 06:24:14 AM

First week of trading or so I made a mistake. I learned and adapted since.

IGNITION (IC) Discord - Where it rains coins
---> Join the Ignition RainDrop NOW! <---  (https://discord.gg/qDWMcPK)
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:25:50 AM

Panic for what?

Since i trade on exchange, panic will be friend everyday. If price going low, and we think will going up again but price going down more, it will make you to sell you coin immediately. It is called PANIC SELLING.

If i in condition panic, i decide to hold around 2 week, and sell it whatever will be.

you are not panic selling, that part is right but what you do is not right either! you are panic holding!
when price goes down every experience trader knows that they have to sell and you have to do it as fast as possible.
you should not confuse "panic selling" with "stop loss". these are two very different things. a panic sell is when the dump is already over and price is at the bottom and you sell so that you miss out on the recovery. but a stop loss is when you sell a long time before the dump has ended to prevent a big loss and protect your investment.
also the "panic holding" is when a newbie thinks if he holds that altcoin that is getting dumped he is being right and he will make a profit. but what happens in reality is that the newbie loses a lot of money, locks his funds in some shitcoin that got dumped and because he will wait a very long time for the recovery and finally he will panic sell eventually at a much bigger loss.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Milansilver7

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:27:16 AM

The panic makes me unable to think well, because the panic is overwhelming makes me wrong in making decisions, usually I feel panic because altcoin that I have decreased, afraid to lose make me sell all my altcoin, I finally feel sorry.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:31:06 AM

I doubt you will get any personal experiences here because panic is a part of human nature and with the volatility of crypto, hard to enumerate the number of such incidents, except that you learn to deal with it eventually.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: