Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:27:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [Metiscoin] [MTS] Unique algorithm | NO PREMINE| NEW POOL! CPU/GPU  (Read 154459 times)
dasomsos314

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:50:49 PM

This is a good coin..but.....!!
girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:02:06 PM

We Need another Pool . ypool is always struck at DDOS . ypool is done .

any other pool for MTS .

We also need a Good Exchange

anyone with experience setting up a pool? I'm willing to set one up and mantain it at least while ypool is down, but i need some assistance since i've never done it before. (there are lots of "howtos" around, but they all focus on scrypt, nothing about how to change the coin or the algorithm...)

girino
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:43:03 AM

Girino's GPU MINER NEW RELEASE, 35% faster on R9 280x, SOLVED LOST CONNECTION PROBLEM WHEN YPOOL DOWN!!!

Build 9 tries to maximize use of local memory. Really fast on GPUs with fast local memory and lots of it (newer AMD cards).

If this version is slower in your GPU (NVidia or older cards), use option "-a 2" on the command line to revert to the old OpenCL code.

Also, no more freezing on connection lost. (useful on those times of ypool instability). Technical details bellow.

EVERYBODY SHOULD UPGRADE TO AVOID FREEZING!!! Very important now that ypool is being constantly DDoSed...

Links for download are the same as always, source code is available at:

https://github.com/girino/xptMiner

and Binaries (linux 32 and 64 bits, windows 64 bits and OSX):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2wv2awwgebpdo0m/STzOU5tlXa

For those more into the technical issues, the changes are:
1- use of local memory instead of global memory to pass hashes between the several hashing functions (keccak -> shavite -> fugue). This improves performance on machines where local memory is at least 64 * work_group_size + 8K.
2- Linux (and cygwin, for the matter) do not set an error on socket disconnect when calling recv. It just returns a 0 size. Since the original (windows code) was expecting that an error is sent on those cases, the linux code just kept trying forever to receive data in a closed connection.  So now, when checking for errors, it is also checking if return size is 0 to mark connection as lost. This solves the "freezing disconnect" bug that was haunting all of us.

Enjoy!

Bobinhood

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:10:40 AM

@girino I am mining with a AMD 6870 and have tried every GPU miner by you and Gigawatt Grin I've found out that Gigawatt's v 1,5 is the fastest one for me. With that one i mine at about 14650 khash. All others are like 10000-14000 khash. Can you tell me if this sounds right or if i have some settings wrong? I don't really understand what the stepsizes are or the -a. (Have tried different settings)  Roll Eyes

The reason I'm wondering is why the newer GPU miners are slower for me Smiley
girino
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:14:40 PM

@girino I am mining with a AMD 6870 and have tried every GPU miner by you and Gigawatt Grin I've found out that Gigawatt's v 1,5 is the fastest one for me. With that one i mine at about 14650 khash. All others are like 10000-14000 khash. Can you tell me if this sounds right or if i have some settings wrong? I don't really understand what the stepsizes are or the -a. (Have tried different settings)  Roll Eyes

The reason I'm wondering is why the newer GPU miners are slower for me Smiley

Well, all the newer miners rely on some specific optimization, like use of local memory or use of vector types, etc. Those resources are faster in some cards but slower in others. Usually we use our own cards for testing, so the resources that are faster on them get to be prioritized. So in my case, I have a r9 280x, with lots of fast local memory, so optimizations that use lots of local memory tend to be chosen. Gigawatt's card is good with vectorizing, so he always focuses in using vector types, etc. Possibly none of those are good for your card, so it get's slower instead of faster with each new optimization.

I'll try to include a legacy mode (-a 0 perhaps) that rolls back to the code used in gigawatts 1.5, so it can be used in GPUs like yours Wink

Have you tried all 3 of -a options in this new one? -a 1, -a 2 and -a 3? which one is faster?

Bobinhood

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:51:17 PM

-a 1 = 14100 khash
-a 2 = 14000 khash
-a 3 = 12150 khash

This is after about 10 min.

I dont know if it's ypool or the miner but after about 10 min i loose connection to server and then it reconnects immediately and starts increasing again.
lily3241

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

PoSToken

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:55:36 PM

excuse me, why name it metiscoin?

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
girino
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:15:12 PM

-a 1 = 14100 khash
-a 2 = 14000 khash
-a 3 = 12150 khash

This is after about 10 min.

I dont know if it's ypool or the miner but after about 10 min i loose connection to server and then it reconnects immediately and starts increasing again.

ypool is under DDoS for several days now. I am Looking for someone with experience in setting up a pool to set up an alternative pool, but it seems noone here knows how to Sad

jnsd1676

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:00:08 PM

We really need more mining pool!
pavan@hosur

Activity: 499
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:41:29 PM

Girino's GPU MINER NEW RELEASE, 35% faster on R9 280x, SOLVED LOST CONNECTION PROBLEM WHEN YPOOL DOWN!!!

Build 9 tries to maximize use of local memory. Really fast on GPUs with fast local memory and lots of it (newer AMD cards).

If this version is slower in your GPU (NVidia or older cards), use option "-a 2" on the command line to revert to the old OpenCL code.

Also, no more freezing on connection lost. (useful on those times of ypool instability). Technical details bellow.

EVERYBODY SHOULD UPGRADE TO AVOID FREEZING!!! Very important now that ypool is being constantly DDoSed...

Links for download are the same as always, source code is available at:

and Binaries (linux 32 and 64 bits, windows 64 bits and OSX):

For those more into the technical issues, the changes are:
1- use of local memory instead of global memory to pass hashes between the several hashing functions (keccak -> shavite -> fugue). This improves performance on machines where local memory is at least 64 * work_group_size + 8K.
2- Linux (and cygwin, for the matter) do not set an error on socket disconnect when calling recv. It just returns a 0 size. Since the original (windows code) was expecting that an error is sent on those cases, the linux code just kept trying forever to receive data in a closed connection.  So now, when checking for errors, it is also checking if return size is 0 to mark connection as lost. This solves the "freezing disconnect" bug that was haunting all of us.

Enjoy!

Thanks a lot Im user of r9 280x im getting 19200 to 19500 kash

can you make gpu miner RIC Coin?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
girino
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:33:50 PM

I get 22100 on my r9 280x (over clocked to gpu freq: 1100, mem freq: 1500).

About RIC. I am thinking about it, but i'd need a lot of time. RIC uses an arbitrary precision library (gmp) that does not run on GPUs, so i'd have to implement all the arbitrary precision operations (multiplication, sum, long division, etc) and maybe some more sofisticated algorithms (primality tests), that take a lot of time to implement and test. My fear is to step into such a long enterprise just to find out that someone else finished before me and took all the profit from it.

leejjae

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:55:58 PM

About RIC. I am thinking about it, but i'd need a lot of time. RIC uses an arbitrary precision library (gmp) that does not run on GPUs, so i'd have to implement all the arbitrary precision operations (multiplication, sum, long division, etc) and maybe some more sofisticated algorithms (primality tests), that take a lot of time to implement and test. My fear is to step into such a long enterprise just to find out that someone else finished before me and took all the profit from it.
I support you.
renegadepcsolutions

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Yeah... I mined your mom last night.

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:45:32 AM

GPU Miner by girino, NEW VERSION RELEASED - Build 8

This time my focus was on networking, stability and 32 bits systems. No more crashes, works on 64 and 32 bits, linux and windows!

The networking code from ypool's latest xptminer was merged back. Several changes and tests were made to ensure stability (no more "0kh/s" after some hours, no more closing on network disconnect or server down).

Faster than ever, and two new hidden options: -s to set the step size (in powers of 2, defaults to 2^20), and -a to set variations on algorithm. Currently supports "-a 1" for lookup tables in constant memory and "-a 2" (default) for tables in global memory. -a 2 is faster in most systems.

The code for metis was reverted to a previous version since it is 2x slower on some NVidia GPUs. Binaries and code available, as always, on the links above.

Source code is available at:

and Binaries (for windows only at present, will add linux later tonight)

Enjoy.

Will not allow me to initiate both cards. Will only initiate 1 card.

I tried copying the example.bat and altering -d 0 to -d 1... and it still initializes card 0.

Help?

Also... whenever it closes... it crashes my nvidia display driver.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.  -John F. Kennedy
pavan@hosur

Activity: 499

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:36:53 AM

Im changed overclock then also its a 19500 kash only.. i dono whats the prob

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
girino
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:04:58 AM

GPU Miner by girino, NEW VERSION RELEASED - Build 8

This time my focus was on networking, stability and 32 bits systems. No more crashes, works on 64 and 32 bits, linux and windows!

The networking code from ypool's latest xptminer was merged back. Several changes and tests were made to ensure stability (no more "0kh/s" after some hours, no more closing on network disconnect or server down).

Faster than ever, and two new hidden options: -s to set the step size (in powers of 2, defaults to 2^20), and -a to set variations on algorithm. Currently supports "-a 1" for lookup tables in constant memory and "-a 2" (default) for tables in global memory. -a 2 is faster in most systems.

The code for metis was reverted to a previous version since it is 2x slower on some NVidia GPUs. Binaries and code available, as always, on the links above.

Source code is available at:

and Binaries (for windows only at present, will add linux later tonight)

Enjoy.

Will not allow me to initiate both cards. Will only initiate 1 card.

I tried copying the example.bat and altering -d 0 to -d 1... and it still initializes card 0.

Help?

Also... whenever it closes... it crashes my nvidia display driver.

to initiate both cards, use -d 0,1

chip99

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:53:03 AM

Is anything happening to this coin?
Value dropped by 10x

girino
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:01:21 PM

Poloniex was hacked/robed https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=499580

Please, someone get in touch with the developer of MTS. We need a new exchange ASAP...

Also, i'm still looking for someone that has already set up a pool to help me set up a new one. ypool cannot be the only one. I already prepared a miner based on pooler/cpuminer that can connect to getwork or stratum pools. So we only need to set up the pool and we're done. This would greatly improve the coin value, folks. Please help!

chip99

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:42:41 PM

cant you just post solo miner.

breakbeater

Activity: 444

Life is a bitch, get used to it...

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:49:05 PM

Difficulty is high for solo mining...
girino
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:17:15 AM

cant you just post solo miner.

Difficulty is high for solo mining...

And as such, without a pool, i cannot see if the miner works, because it gets me no blocks at all, but that's what's expected!

Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: