Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:55:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [Metiscoin] [MTS] Unique algorithm | NO PREMINE| NEW POOL! CPU/GPU  (Read 154451 times)
altcoinherald

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 07:07:40 PM

Metiscoin has been added to the Altcoin Herald StaleCoin List - http://altcoinherald.com/altcoin-lists/stalecoins/

If the status changes to active, let us know and we'll update.
aasl

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:33:29 AM

Anyone knows if there's still an exchange for this coin?

If there's no more exchange, i'll turn the pool down at the end of the month and declare the coin dead for good. At least for me.

if the pool is dead, then it is totally dead...

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
sylwt

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:22:55 AM

coin dead,dev dead too
maimaiti

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:33:14 AM

coin dead,dev dead too
the dev idiot, really don't know what the fk doing he is ?

girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 03:27:23 AM

If there's no more exchange, i'll turn the pool down at the end of the month and declare the coin dead for good. At least for me.

It's still active in ypool.net. just pool.girino.org is going down.

sylwt

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 06:00:27 AM

dead....
aasl

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 11:01:25 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2014, 11:12:38 AM by aasl

your pool is much better and stable than ypool. it is a pity to shut it down...

girino
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 03:48:08 AM

I'll keep it alive for some time still. But i see no future for metiscoin Sad And as far as it goes, it might be better to solo mine than to use a pool. (I promise that if i turn the pool off i'll provide you with a GPU miner for solo mining)

aasl

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:13:04 AM

I'll keep it alive for some time still. But i see no future for metiscoin Sad And as far as it goes, it might be better to solo mine than to use a pool. (I promise that if i turn the pool off i'll provide you with a GPU miner for solo mining)

thank you!

girino
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:33:03 AM

thank you!

Ok, time has come that i can no longer support the price of the VPS where my pool is running, and i'll have to shut it down.

As promised, i'll be releasing a version of the miner that can solo miner. It is available as source code here:

https://github.com/girino/cpuminer

and binaries will be put here as soon as they ara available (it will take some time to compile on the several platforms):

http://girino.org/metis-solo-miner

Turning off of the pool will work as follows: mining will be turned off in about 24h from now. The site will still be up for one week for those who want to withdraw their mined coins. In one week from now, the site will be disabled. Everything will be backup up, so if you are unable to withdraw your mined coins before next saturday, you'll still be able to get them by sending me a PM here in the forum.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I now consider the coin to be dead, and it makes no sense for me to keep supporting it.

Thanks to all and good luck for those who keep mining.
girino.

mtsminer

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:14:01 PM

hi,

i think i was the last miner on this pool (5 to 10 GPU mining). Very bad to stop it.
Just an idea... Now scrypt is goin to be mined by ASIC, there are only X11 ant VERTcoins to be mined by GPUs (maybe others, i am not always connected).... Why not let a chance to MTS with this pool ?
Is it taking a lot of bandwidth ? maybe i can try to set a server for it ? solo mining is great but without pools... it will be a tombstone. Actually swisscex and comkort may exchange MTS, poloniex stopped it. A marketing promote may boost this coin if ASIC is out of game for it for the moment ?

Let me know if you want to give a last chance for MTS.

Regards.
jestronix

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:51:56 AM

This coin had a lot going for it, no premine, unique algorithm, had a good pool behind it and a lot of supporters.  A coin doesnt have to die because the creator gave up on it, MTS 2 ? someone else could take this over, add features and revive it.  Exchanges killed the alt market by adding pump dump fuckwit copy coins over and over, 300 + of them. There should have been some pre-reqs to adding coins, not corrupt owners picking and choosing, often based on what they have bought up first, the wild west it is. But survival of the fittest I guess and MTS is weak because of no development.  I have 500 that i mined still sitting in my account, should have sold them when they were worth something i guess. Smiley
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 05:10:03 AM

This coin had a lot going for it, no premine, unique algorithm, had a good pool behind it and a lot of supporters.

I don't think the coin ever recovered from the discovery that the dev had basically renamed fugue.c to metis.c and no-one could think up a rational explanation of why. The uniqueness was bogus, which is just dumb because there were other hashfns that could have been used instead.

Too weird to bother reviving.

Cheers,

Graham
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:48:56 AM

This coin had a lot going for it, no premine, unique algorithm, had a good pool behind it and a lot of supporters.  A coin doesnt have to die because the creator gave up on it, MTS 2 ? someone else could take this over, add features and revive it.  Exchanges killed the alt market by adding pump dump fuckwit copy coins over and over, 300 + of them. There should have been some pre-reqs to adding coins, not corrupt owners picking and choosing, often based on what they have bought up first, the wild west it is. But survival of the fittest I guess and MTS is weak because of no development.  I have 500 that i mined still sitting in my account, should have sold them when they were worth something i guess. Smiley
It just seems like too late for this coin...and some exchanges still do trade this coin don't they?
kinghjm

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:36:18 AM

The M.O." for short

We are in the process of building something like “The Bitcoin Foundation” for Metiscoin. In order for this coin to thrive there needs to be groundswell. We could perhaps use Metiscoin.org as the Official site for distro, and also as a place to list Metiscoin Organization board members. And Metiscoin.com as a simple public face to educate users.

"The Metiscoin Organization" ("The M.O." for short) would be a pun on Modus Operandi a Latin phrase, approximately translated as "method of operation". We could use it as a spot for giveaways, I have a few MTS I could part with, and we could develop a way to use MTS for charity.

We need to have seven leaders on the Metiscoin Organization. This could help spread the word on Metiscoin!

Dev: syswt, original dev
Director: Mario J. Lucero, cofounder of Heaven Sent Gaming
Inside director: Currently Unfilled
Outside director: Currently Unfilled
Executive director: Currently Unfilled
Non-executive director: Currently Unfilled
Shadow director: Currently Unfilled

The duties of each would be completely different and we could discuss how to go about it. That would leave a Developer free to develop the coin, and The Metiscoin Organization with the ability to build the coin. Such as contacting more pool operators, exchanges, advertisers, and other such individuals.

Contact me back with more info, we could add a bit of needed cohesiveness to this coin. Let’s do this.

We can do this! Perhaps you can get into contact with Girino and other active MTS users to see if they’d like to help. I know I’d throw my hat into the ring for one of The Metiscoin Organization board members.

http://metiscoin.com/post/83156712732/the-metiscoin-organization-the-m-o
kinghjm

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:34:23 AM

Dev: syswt, hurry back, we need you, MTS need you!!!!!!!!!!!

Dev: syswt, hurry back, we need you, MTS need you!!!!!!!!!!!
yyniao

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:50:43 AM

This is said to be a good coin currency theory, the current number of miners in Ypool also many, estimated also hope that I support this coin, hope DEV can timely update, rose is here!!!!!
yyniao

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:40:38 AM

How did such a good coin have no team to take over? As long as there is a team to take over, the MTS is sure to resurrection!

kinghjm

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 11:12:17 AM

MTS Wallet data cannot be updated, and ypool deleted? How to do? Is this coin was death?
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:29:32 PM

How did such a good coin have no team to take over? As long as there is a team to take over, the MTS is sure to resurrection!

I'm curious abut this too as it could have nice future but had no active developer.

MTS Wallet data cannot be updated, and ypool deleted? How to do? Is this coin was death?

Yes it seems dead already i don't think any exchange does trade this coin anymore.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: