Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:13:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the H81/H61 Pro BTC Need Powered Risers?  (Read 20422 times)
lorbas

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:13:26 PM

They actually don't. That is a MAXIMUM for the spec. Most cards I've tested draw 30-50 watts.

Good to know. How was the testing done?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gpucoolingmethod

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:11:34 PM

They actually don't. That is a MAXIMUM for the spec. Most cards I've tested draw 30-50 watts.

Good to know. How was the testing done?

what cards exactly? please post source of the |MAXIMUM SPEC|
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:31:19 AM

Source? I've been doing this a very long time. Go out and get a multimeter and test it yourself, as I did. I've tested the current draw of every type of card I use.  people are looking for a source on something absolutely simple to test.

If you want to see pcie specs, google it. Each 6 pin and 8 pin connector has a design specification, as do the motherboard components, and every electrical device. Much easier to just test it.
gpucoolingmethod

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:23:03 PM

Source? I've been doing this a very long time. Go out and get a multimeter and test it yourself, as I did. I've tested the current draw of every type of card I use.  people are looking for a source on something absolutely simple to test.

If you want to see pcie specs, google it. Each 6 pin and 8 pin connector has a design specification, as do the motherboard components, and every electrical device. Much easier to just test it.

hahahahahaha multimeter??!?!?!?!?! do you know why you shouldnt test psu (or anything else?) with a multimeter?

why proper reviews use laboratory equipment worth few grand?

please answer back
evansearle42

Activity: 366

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:57:42 PM

answer is yes..
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:26:08 PM

Source? I've been doing this a very long time. Go out and get a multimeter and test it yourself, as I did. I've tested the current draw of every type of card I use.  people are looking for a source on something absolutely simple to test.

hahahahahaha multimeter??!?!?!?!?! do you know why you shouldnt test psu (or anything else?) with a multimeter?

please answer back
Hey kid, do you know how to test current draw? It's not hard, and doesn't require lab equipment. When you try to be cute, don't do it with professionals.
gpucoolingmethod

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:00:12 PM

please answer back
Hey kid, do you know how to test current draw? It's not hard, and doesn't require lab equipment. When you try to be cute, don't do it with professionals.

Ive personally measured voltages and current of my psu.Then Ive read how stupid it is.Search about it on google.

(Hope you dont have kids.)
Pro_x

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:01:08 AM

https://www.facebook.com/mlacom.si
2-3 rigs/day, only using asrock h61/h81 btc boards and ONLY 6x powered risers per rig. both molex connected on every mobo. seeing posts with too much power etc..go back to school

the reason with melted risers and broken boards:

-bad risers

-general noob mistakes, seen all and some are briliant fail.

-cross conected riser/main power from two different psus. use the same psu for riser and main gpu power on every card. dont power the riser from one psu and main gpu power from other psu. usually 3+3 cards or 4+2 cards

-main reason that all web is searching for an answer: SOME PSUS DONT ALLOW BRIDGE MODE. its a psu design, mostly cheaper psus has huge ripple when no mobo connected. just melted risers if you are lucky, more damage if you are not. wont list known psus here.
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 05:43:26 AM

My 4pin amolex connected to mainboard is getting very hot( the connector by the 1x pcie) and the total power consum is increase more 200w. I had to turn off cuz it can be burn. It just happened this morning and i did nothing. I tried to change power supply. Change other board but its still happens. My other rig set up same but nothing wrong. Anyone help me Sad

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀