Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:14:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin price based on bitcoin price?  (Read 3406 times)
Briella18

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 10:21:14 AM

Yes, the altcoins price is really depends on the market movement of bitcoins  once price of bitcoin fluctuate other coins will also follow.
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:54:32 AM

EOS and ETH clearly show some signs of independence from time to time. The rule will be broken some day.
Yeah, and even at that, there are still sometime they still respond pretty fast to the move in the market.
There is no doubt though that some of the coins in the market so far are actually trying to stay independent based on the support they have, but that still does not mean they are totally independent and for anyone to just simply be relaxed.

For ETH though, it sure seems like it is really doing great on its own so far.
thirdkiller

Activity: 301
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 09:25:50 AM

Of course I can say that all alternative coils price or based on bitcoin price, because if Bitcoin is the first currency, so all the other currencies are aligning their price with it
Adrin

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:10:37 PM

Too many people think that bitcoin price is related to altcoin price. When bitcoin price is growing on that time altcoin price is growing but this thinking is not work properly because without bitcoin price so many altcoin growing. If you follow Bob coin you can see this market price is growing but nowadays bitcoin price is going to down.
Traslavin

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:30:37 PM

Too many people think that bitcoin price is related to altcoin price. When bitcoin price is growing on that time altcoin price is growing but this thinking is not work properly because without bitcoin price so many altcoin growing. If you follow Bob coin you can see this market price is growing but nowadays bitcoin price is going to down.
Not actually related but the thing that the demand of the altcoin are depend on the value of bitcoin. This is what I have observed in the market and as the time goes by, as the value of the crypto in the market goes down I learned that the value of altcoin goes dip also as the valye of bitcoin went dipped too.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
Bianxee

Activity: 217

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:38:36 PM

Is price of the altcoin is based on price of the bitcoin?I have noticed the price of bitcoin falling down for past few days on same the price of altcoins are also falling down

No its not but they actually have a one move when bitcoins started to fall because the whole crypto money is decreasing by means of pulling out and panic selling for all crypto. There is only a certain scenarios that this all happens bit not all the times it depends on its dominance.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
fibrolit

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:02:39 PM

I don't really understand how the altcoins rate can be tied to the bitcoin rate? They have different blockchain,different owners,different goals...However,we see altcoins falling with bitcoin or growing with it. I'm confused...
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:56:01 PM

Is price of the altcoin is based on price of the bitcoin?I have noticed the price of bitcoin falling down for past few days on same the price of altcoins are also falling down

No its not but they actually have a one move when bitcoins started to fall because the whole crypto money is decreasing by means of pulling out and panic selling for all crypto. There is only a certain scenarios that this all happens bit not all the times it depends on its dominance.
I agree.Not just altcoins are dropping its price,but the whole crypto market.Based on the charts from the previous years,bitcoins and altcoins perform different directions,bitcoin is having its upward trend while altcoins are falling down and vice versa.It's just this year 2018 that they move in similar ways.Bitcoin is having its struggles today to recover from its bloody market,same with altcoins who are also having their dump price too.
loofers

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:58:30 PM

Altcoin is not centralized on bitcoin,they all move with market trends,all coins have one strategy and one portfolio, so when they crypto market moves up they whole coin moves and when it drops,all coin will drop.
LarryX5

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 04:19:17 PM

It`s not directly based but in reality, there is correlation. At least with ethereum it`s clearly visible from any graph.
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:36:56 PM

It`s not directly based but in reality, there is correlation. At least with ethereum it`s clearly visible from any graph.

Many say exactly that: the price of bitcoin determines the crypto market and inadvertently thus all altcoins. The reason for this is because BTC is the first crypto to have come into existence as relying on blockchain
Chupacabras

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:01:51 PM

Someway somehow All the cryptocurrencies are depending on the Bitcoin price, so by moving of the Bitcoin price we can predict all the currencies to fall or to grow.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:32:35 PM

I don't really understand how the altcoins rate can be tied to the bitcoin rate? They have different blockchain,different owners,different goals...However,we see altcoins falling with bitcoin or growing with it. I'm confused...
Actually bitcoin is the main crypot currency, bitcoin is the very first currency created and other altcoin are following it. For most of the investors bitcoin is the main currency for investment  while they are using other crypto currencies as an optional, therefore when bitcoin price start decrease they also worrying about the decrease in price of other altcoin,.
cryptolidus

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:47:31 PM

Altcoins are following Bitcoin movement. When there is a dip usually Altcoins decrease even more but when there is an  increasing
market altcoins can grow much faster than BTC. This is the reason investing in them//

mega

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:53:43 PM

Bitcoin fluctuation of price directly and indirectly effect the altcoins price.Altcoins still need more homework to stable and survive own platform to be independant.May be in future it can be possible but not seems in near future,Good luck altcoins.

Got my account back! It was hacked. Sorry about it :|
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:06:57 AM

Yes, the altcoins price is really depends on the market movement of bitcoins  once price of bitcoin fluctuate other coins will also follow.
There was a time in last year, when these two are used to be reciprocal of one another. But now, they seems to be directly proportional. I am not still sure that whether they are direct or indirect but whatever it is, things are quite good here in crypto. You can make healthy earnings from this. Altcoins are good too to make short term trading and earning on daily basis. Do try them.
coffigayo

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:50:30 AM

You have noticed anything about Bitcoin's falling price, it lowers the price of Bitcoin. For an increase in Bitcoin, I do not think it affects Altcoin so much because of its decline. Many people say it directly affects it but it depends on how far away.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 08:39:48 AM

Altcoins are following Bitcoin movement. When there is a dip usually Altcoins decrease even more but when there is an  increasing
market altcoins can grow much faster than BTC. This is the reason investing in them//
May fluctuations of price is somewhat totally depending on bitcoin price trend. Though some factors affecting it but mostly it coming from btc price.
Altcoins isn't have enough power to be independent from others,  even Ethereum still on the side of btc. If that certain thing(independent) then we surely saw a better market, less volatile and more progress.
xitrum

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:15:27 AM

You can see that the market is recovering very aggressively, bitcoin is rebounding very fast and is now at $ 6400, this is the right time for you to trade altcoin. Increased bitcoin prices have made the altcoin prices are recovering very strongly. When trading altcoin you must always monitor and observe the bitcoin price to be able to handle when bitcoin prices decrease, bitcoin prices will reduce the altcoin price.

Early2000sThrowback

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:03:55 AM

Bitcoin price hugely affects the price of almost any cryptocurrencies, and the only one underlying reason of it is almost all the cryptocurrencies are bought through the Bitcoin, that's why once the Bitcoin drops down, then all the market goes red. It can't be applied vice versa. Current situation on the market is really strange and horrible because you are uncertain of your trades and you can't raise money normally. idk, right now I'm HODLing only, because I know that in just 1 year I'll be able to sell those tokens that I bought on ICOs with high price. Actually I really advice you to put your attention on the project which is called Cryptics, these guys have developed an AI based Trading platfrm which is able to predict the prices of different cryptocurrency assets. THey gonna have the 2nd ICO round soon, I've invested there already.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: