Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:46:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin price based on bitcoin price?  (Read 3406 times)
crypto_Butterfly

Activity: 186
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:02:19 PM

Though both are quite different but unfortunatly for the altcoin lovers, yes there price only based on bitcoin, whenever btc goes up alts follow and their price goes up only because of the btc value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
riskarcher

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:24:27 PM

I'm also surprised to use Bitcoin like coin which regulates all the development of the crypto currency which means we will always depend on Bitcoin which makes it like a dollar

Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:27:46 AM

Usually if the price of bitcoin rises, then the altcoins follow it, so it was last year and early 2018
weblaraveluser

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:45:55 PM

Is price of the altcoin is based on price of the bitcoin?I have noticed the price of bitcoin falling down for past few days on same the price of altcoins are also falling down

Yes most of the altcoins are based on bitcoins price because ethereum is tether to btc and that is the reason why the market prices are always highly affected every time the price of bitcoins is dropping in the market today.
gorodi

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:42:27 PM

The price of altcoins depends on the price of bitcoin. However, the more popular is althoin, the less it is dependent on bitcoin.

Yes, the majority of the tokens' prices depend on BTC. However, I do not think that Ethereum and Bitcoin have so close connections. It seems they have two different lives.
chainedblocks

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:25:58 AM

Is price of the altcoin is based on price of the bitcoin?I have noticed the price of bitcoin falling down for past few days on same the price of altcoins are also falling down

Bitcoin is the first and top cryptocurrency among other coins and is the father of other coins, and there is a possibility of influencing other coins including Altcoin.
and the reality in the market situation if bitcoin prices go down or red, other coins will gradually go down and if there is another coin going up or green it will eventually adjust the value of bitcoin not only Altcoian but all coins.
and that's my judgment, even though the reality is not the same.
I also admit that bitcoin is the leading crypto in the world and when the price of bitcoin falls the prices of Altcoin also fall. As I know the reason is this that most of the people have invested in bitcoin and the crypto market is broadly influenced by the price of bitcoin. Now there is a little bit change in this mood because people are putting their money in Altcoin mostly.
cintamoni

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:45:04 AM

Altcoins and Bitcoin both are different journals so we should not confuse the market value. Because all the coins are depends on supply and demand so it will raise or fall both the scenario is possible on unexpectedly in crypto market.
I don't really agree with this statement. Altcoins are mostly dependent upon on bitcoins and we have seens that altcoins move with bitcoins. Once bitcoin has good raly, altcoins also shows same pump.
apityeh71

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:55:10 AM

I think yes,  we can see Bitcoin all the times high last year and many altcoin was follow it,  and on december last year the price of BTC started crash and also all altcoin also was dumped hard. This situation make hard to make consistent profit from crypto trading because all crypto bullish and bearish by the same times.

mia khalifa

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:39:09 AM

yes of course this altcoin price depends on the price of bitcoin because this bitcoin price has a very large influence from the price of the altcoin, when the price of bitcoin falls, many cryptocurrency falls because traders want to secure their assets.
Commotheon

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:37:09 AM

Altcoins and Bitcoin both are different journals so we should not confuse the market value. Because all the coins are depends on supply and demand so it will raise or fall both the scenario is possible on unexpectedly in crypto market.
Check the marketcap of bitcoins verses all the altcoins. As long as bitcoin stay above 50% overall market cap, altcoins will also remain dependent on bitcoins.
criptouser

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:01:38 PM

certainly is. most altcoins are traded in pairs to the etherium, and the etherium is accordingly traded with bitcoin.

Sane_Thane

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:28:03 PM

To me they are deeply related and since BTC is a safe investment, you'll know the state of most altcoins by watching Bitcoin price. However some altcoins may have a part way but most of the time if Bitcoin goes up or down altcoins will follow.
VclDm

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:46:12 PM

There is no case now, altcoin prices have completely developed in a certain trend and now is the time to buy altcoin, they will succeed for us in the coming time.

dowellness

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:32:26 AM

Even though Bitcoin is the mother of all currencies and altcoin are depended on bitcoin movements, but i think this trend will be broken soon. When altcoins become more stronger they can themselves move up and down without the interfere of bitcoins.
cintamoni

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:58:16 AM

Follow the simple rules:
1-Bitcoin Pump  altcoin pump
2- Bitcoin Dump altcoin Dump
3-Bitcoin high pump, altcoin Dump
hispout

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:58:11 AM

Perhaps to some extent this is true, however, I believe that the prices of cryptocurrencies do not depend on the price of bitcoin.
People have different opinions about the market same movement in which there are two opinions; one says that Bitcoin’s price affect other coins the same while one says that it does not have any affect on other coin. But actually these two are wrong, neither Bitcoin has full affect on other coins nor no affect but it is actually little affect on other coins due to the same nature.
Globalbitcoinl

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:32:28 PM

this has always been and will be so until altcoin is able to present something really worthwhile, so as not to depend on the General mood in the cryptocurrency market
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:25:33 PM

Sure. There is a strong relationship between them. You can take easy decision if you see this coin relationship. ALT and BTC ratio decrease if ALT coin value drops and if BTC coin value goes up. Same things just opposite ALT and BTC ratio increase if ALT coins value increase and BTC coins value decreases. If you watch market daily or read the history for all coins than it will be so clear to understand. 
I believe that altcoin price is always depending on th ebitcoin price. And we can all see it from the past few years. Bitcoin is really amazing it is the most popular and profitable coin and I believe that it is the center of the crypto market. So if bitcoin is falling the effect of it in altcoin and some other crypto coin is also a huge dip.
I don’t understand why these two coins (BTC % ALT) depend on each other? It should be different from each other because I think it should depend on the investment cap. If people put their money in bitcoin the price of only bitcoin should increase and if the investment cap of Altcoin increases only the price of Altcoin should increase.
Altcoins depend very heavily on bitcoin for several reasons, to begin with if you want to buy an altcoin most the time you need to buy bitcoin first, so that is one reason why the price of bitcoin and altcoins are related, and even more importantly most altcoins are nothing but copies of bitcoin with a few changes which means that they are basically bitcoin except that they are a cheap copy of it which means that their price moves together with the price of bitcoin because the coins are too similar.
portalufonet

Activity: 226

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:12:58 PM

Even though Bitcoin is the mother of all currencies and altcoin are depended on bitcoin movements, but i think this trend will be broken soon. When altcoins become more stronger they can themselves move up and down without the interfere of bitcoins.
Most coins are affected by fluctuations in the cryptocurrency market which are not completely affected by Bitcoin. You may also find that a lot of coins are worth rising though Bitcoin is dropping a lot on the cryptocurrency market.
naily

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 07:08:43 AM

usually the altcoin price will rise when the price of bitcoin rises and the price of the altcoin will drop when the price of bitcoin falls. to take advantage of price differences in the market to seek profit so that the price of the altcoin will rise and of course the price of bitcoin and altcoin is movement always giving the same price movement
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: