Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:14:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin price based on bitcoin price?  (Read 3399 times)
cosmo1 (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 09:25:44 AM

Is price of the altcoin is based on price of the bitcoin?I have noticed the price of bitcoin falling down for past few days on same the price of altcoins are also falling down

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3625

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 11:01:59 AM

There is no direct correlation, but the price of Bitcoin significantly affects the prices of altcoins."It may be easy to convert it to altcoins, which is the reason for this effect."
If you follow this site -----> https://bitscreener.com, You'll find that some altcoins are high and the other reversed.
In general, yes, the change in the price of the bitcoin leads to a change in the prices of altcoins, not vice versa.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:23:14 AM

Is price of the altcoin is based on price of the bitcoin?I have noticed the price of bitcoin falling down for past few days on same the price of altcoins are also falling down

It depends on investors and circulation because Both Bitcoin and altcoins are buying the same people so Bitcoin is affected all the coins are similarly down in the market.
But most of the new investors only sell the Cryptocurrencies others are holding the investment so anytime it will going to moon.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
AbyssLagiaz

Activity: 185
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:29:13 AM

There is no direct link between the two, in fact alt coin was made "alt" meaning other than something, making altcoin an alternative coin from Bitcoin. However like there is no direct way to buy some alternative coins yet, Bitcoin and also ETH becomes the tunnel or bridge to buy these coins, frankly. For investors to buy these coins, they buy BTC/ETH first before buying these coins they wanted to buy.
jeffeeers

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 11:31:55 AM

in alot of the times when you see one or multiple big coins drop your altcoins drop with them. at least as far as i have noticed
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:39:39 AM

When I was still very new in it, I couldn't notice anything about it but now I have also noticed that when the price of bitcoin falls, it drops the prices of bitcoin. For the increase of bitcoin, I do not think it affects altcoin so much like it is for decrease.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:52:53 AM

Many people say directly it affects, but it depends on how far yesterday I see 5% bitcoin some altcoin hasn't been affected later on to reach 10% altcoin movement will start to appear.

akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:00:16 PM

Yes, it is. I am here from October 2017, I have read many articles, Researched by own and the result is,  Yes, Altcoins price based on bitcoin price. and the real fact is Bitcoin is the base of all crypto coins. If bitcoin down then every altcoin I mean the crypto market will down too. If bitcoin price will increase then the crypto market will pump too.

cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 12:18:28 PM

Yes, Generally speaking we can postulate that the price of Bitcoin is directly proportional to the price of any altcoin in the crypto market provided every other factor remain constant.  This means that if the price of Bitcoin increases the price of altcoin will also increases and vice versa. However there are few exceptions to the rule.

HOMT

Powered by,
Rocktop044

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:27:39 PM

Bitcoin is the top currency, and others usually follow it, when it dips or spikes.
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:30:17 PM

Yes, Generally speaking we can postulate that the price of Bitcoin is directly proportional to the price of any altcoin in the crypto market provided every other factor remain constant.  This means that if the price of Bitcoin increases the price of altcoin will also increases and vice versa. However there are few exceptions to the rule.
Correct. Because most altcoins trade against Bitcoin and only a few of them trade against USD as well. So price of Ardor for example is 0,00003390 BTC and not $0,254977 USD.
25 cents is just converted from that BTC price according to current Bitcoin value in dollars. So If Bitcoin falls for 20%, Ardor will fall for the same 20%, unless it goes up or down from those 3390 satoshi.
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:56:53 PM

it is because of dominance of bitcoin in market. It is high so it is effecting altcoin prices
prashanta
Copper Member

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:28:58 PM

while analyzing this chart now, it's far clean there's a side-wards guide degree in play, which changed into likely liable for the down circulate pausing in Bitcoin -1.12% today. as it stands, the downtrend commenced, and the falling knife was simplest stuck at the side-wards guide line in which there was a bullish engulfing signal.
Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:30:44 PM

Yes you are right . If bitcoin goes down instantly all altcoins go down . Why ? The question is simple to answer because all altcoins are connected through pairs on each exchange such as BTC/NEO ; NEO/BTC etc
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:53:15 AM

It depends on investors and circulation because Both Bitcoin and altcoins are buying the same people so Bitcoin is affected all the coins are similarly down in the market.
But most of the new investors only sell the Cryptocurrencies others are holding the investment so anytime it will going to moon.
Asides that, I feel the whole thing have so much gotten to become an issue that most traders already fixed their mind to and with that sentiment ongoing every time, there would always be that pattern happening. There is already that generally spread mentality about bitcoin affecting the market either is a bear rally or bull rally, and it is usually negative, but traders are the ones who make quick decisions to opt out of alts in this kind of stuff so as to be able to gain a good ground with the knowledge that the alt market will start dropping anyway and this is the issue that makes supply to shoot up and then a lot of reds.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
googs84

Activity: 630
Merit: 256

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:59:52 AM

There is always some direct and indirect correlation between the two. In the last year there was completely different scenario of the bitcoin and altcoins. In that case when BTC used to go upward then ALT used to come down. Because people had feeling that this is the time when BTC wil profit more and thus they immediately used to sell the ALT and trade it to the BTC. Thus BTC used to spike even further. Vice versa was also true about this pair.

However after the 2018 things have changed, they have got directly proportional to each other and whenever there is downfall of the BTC then there is downfall of the ALT and vice versa. Why it is so, its difficult to say.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
traderethereum

Activity: 2870
Merit: 574

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 12:40:36 PM

this is what you see if bitcoin price is falling down and the altcoin will follow down too. I think this will always happen like this in the future and since altcoin is adjusted their price with bitcoin, altcoin can down too deep if bitcoin is down for more. people hold altcoin because they want to make more bitcoin, but suddenly, bitcoin is getting down and they cannot sell their altcoin because this will makes them getting lost. so they should hold for a while until the altcoin price increases back.
normanderecho

Activity: 460
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:45:31 PM

this is what you see if bitcoin price is falling down and the altcoin will follow down too. I think this will always happen like this in the future and since altcoin is adjusted their price with bitcoin, altcoin can down too deep if bitcoin is down for more. people hold altcoin because they want to make more bitcoin, but suddenly, bitcoin is getting down and they cannot sell their altcoin because this will makes them getting lost. so they should hold for a while until the altcoin price increases back.

Yes,all altcoins is base on bitcoin because all altcoin is trade on bitcoin so that altcoin become a fiat money and the price also is depending on bitcoin if the bitcoin will goes down all altcoin will goes down and people like to goes down the price of bitcoin because all investors can buy in a low price in altcoin or bitcoin and get a good profit if the price will recover.

Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:56:17 PM

Should not be. But I also have seen that.
I am trying to monitor one altcoin and as I my history says it looks like what you have said.
Leaning with bitcoin. No stand alone price. How could that be.
I am guessing because of the exchange. If you look at CMC, you will see there are just three conversions. USD, BTC an ETH. It is like because of this converting thing that we see the altcoins getting more dumped.
But there are some which does not. So I guess it will be investor thing ot the day trade could be the culprit.
Rubick99

Activity: 484
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 09:25:10 PM

Yes, if bitcoin falling down then altcoin follow the bitcoin step to go down. But, it is not for all altcoin. Most of altcoin can be impactful with bitcoin price.
And if bitcoin going up, it's the same situation for altcoin that will be falling down.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: