Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 01:47:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any trust worthy dogecoin pool?  (Read 10157 times)
satsumi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:57:18 AM

Dang, the forum logged me out and I didn't copy my post, so this is a summary of what I said:

I ran a simulation of a 1440-block chain (i.e. one day) with a uniform distribution of random numbers between 0 and 1,000,000 to represent doge rewards. Then I set up ten pools, each with a random 2% chance of getting any given block reward. That's a fairly small pool, so the variance should be high; Multipool should be closer to the nominal rate where you assume a constant 500,000-reward block.

Even as a pool representing only 2% of the hash rate, the worst pool still returned 76.2% of the nominal balance. The best was over 130%. Any real pool with more than 2% of the doge hash rate should return over three quarters of the expected rate in any 24 hour period.

Instead, as reported here and by my own experience, I've tried a number of pools that have far underperformed in 24 hour tests. Any pool operator can easily skim off the top, there's not really any reason to trust any of them. Pools with 0% fees are particularly suspicious, but even Multipool's 1.5% off the top apparently isn't enough to keep them honest. And clearly isn't enough to keep their website consistently up.
bronsky666

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:21:18 AM

I never had particular issue with doge.pool.pm

well neither with doge.scryptpools.com until what you know .. I assume that a 100% sure pool is not possible
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 10:22:37 AM

Hi guys
I have mined at two sites since yesterday using 7970 GPU.
This one: http://doge.netcodepool.org/, i mined there for about 6 hrs and only got 7 coins.
Then i joined https://www.suchcoins.com/ and left my pc on all night. I had a quick check late at night and saw few coins confirmed.
But can't access this website anymore, because its down.

Can anyone from experience plz let me know how many coins should i expect using 7970gpu per hr?
and any good pools which i should join? Thanks

On any pool block % is luck based. During the period you mined we found a lower coin block by luck, next one had thrice as big coin reward.
This is common to all pools, it gets averaged out once you mine for all 24 hours.

Any issues on netcodepool, email:  inaun@netcodepool.org

Btw netcodepool is in mining business since more than a year, much older than any other pools you will find here. We have payed out over 70,550+ LTC over this period to users. 1.1 Billion DOGE have been payed out to miners, that accounts for more than 1% of the total coins.

Also, note that netcodepool is an admin on Dogecoin's official sub-reddit, /r/dogecoin so even the creators trust us Smiley You could have just dropped a mail or approached any online admin on chat.

During the major hack before last week due to which there was one week downtime, our hot wallet was stolen, but we made sure all users got their coins and paid them from our pocket (never made an issue of that) - thus maintaining the record of never loosing a single user's coin.

Always calculate the amount of DOGE you will earn in 24 hours based on your hashes on a website like coinwarz, then based on that join a pool which gets you the closest amount to that.
Make sure you spend atleast 24 hours on a single pool to get correct statistics.

Always research about the pool's history before you mine there for longer duration time, because it involves your "real money".

Doge pools are scams  in regards to how much they pay out, I mine for 72+ without stopping and am only at 60% of what coinwarz and the pool estimates, percentage is not based on luck after enough time has gone by. Bottom line, doge pools are taking some of your coins and pocketing them. SCAM

Read my post above you bro. No scam there Smiley

So your pool will payout close to what Coinwarz estimayes over a 24 hour period?  Your pool won't be 50% or 60% of that???

You did not understand what me and some others wrote before.

You're probably better off mining something else

I am perfectly capable of deciding what I mine, thank you very much. I along with many others believe that dogepools are scamming unsuspecting and suspecting people. Sorry, I don't buy your snakeoil, I know when I am being scammed.

You have no idea how much of a facepalm I had when you failed to realize that coinwarz uses averages of the random block size. It uses the possible values of a block (in the case of dogecoin, that's 0~1,000,000) and picks the middle point (which is 500,000). It is statistically against you earning EVERY SINGLE BLOCK at 500,000. If you don't believe me, look at this:

Now, assuming that a pool is scamming you is completely wrong, because if you look at this:
you'll see that block 72950 only gave out 146,609.71 Ð, and it took more shares to find it compared to the estimate (8,614,905 actual shares, compared to 4,173,662 estimated shares). That means that this specific block took a bit over double the time to mine, and gave out 29~30% of what the estimate of 500,000 was.

Now look at block 72937, see how it gave out 895,594.00 Ð instead of 500,000 Ð that coinwarz predicted? and also look at the shares: it was estimated to need 4,173,662 shares, but only required 199,665 shares; that's ~2090% LESS shares than predicted to be needed, and the payout was ~180% HIGHER than coinwarz estimated; so that block was ~3700% MORE valuable than both the pool and coinwarz predicted.

If this info doesn't prove that the pools aren't scamming you; you should either: solo mine, or find a non-random block value coin. ocminer wasn't selling you snake oil, he was trying to explain that you were seeing this wrongly: the coin has inherently random payouts. it's impossible to predict how much you'll earn in a small period of time.

well keep palming your face instead of that other thing your mama told you to quit doing!! I understand averages, you don't! If the average is 500k, of course you won't hit 500 k every block, duh!! The longterm average should still work out to coinwarz estimates longterm, duh! so no I don't buy your snakeoil either, use it for lubing your facepalmer!

Congratulations to be the first on my ignore list Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
sipher

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 10:46:55 AM

check out www.elitter.net

www.tuxexchange.com - Tux Exchange
scrap

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:07:02 PM

Suchcoins.com is the pool iv been mining at latley.

1% fee and assume they take some off the top, but not much, iv been getting 75-90% of what im expected to get daily.

tabsa

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:41:30 PM

You are welcome to join mining at: http://teamdoge.com 0% fee pool

We are focusing on bringing the best support/community/security for miners

Best community mining pools: 0% fee, stratum, PPLNS, fast dedicated servers, great support
  Dogecoin    http://teamdoge.com      Catcoin    http://teamcatcoin.com   
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/teamdoge        https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/teamcatcoin
satsumi

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:13:42 AM

That was a quick failure, Prolificmining gave up on PPS already. I got a couple thousand doge out of them before they failed, and I thank them for that, though it was clear that they weren't very good at running a pool. Payments didn't work right and they can't even keep the website up. They complained about people doing payouts of a couple coin, but the transaction fee is set to 0. No wonder. They're now 0.0026% of the Doge hashrate, completely inconsequential. Also now refusing to do a manual payout of my remaining balance, which is the true mark of a scammer.

I've gone back to pool.dogechain.info; I figure being part of the Doge project they're at least a little bit less likely to be a scam. Though the payout for the last 24 hours has still been under 50% of nominal, which is statistically unlikely to just be unlucky.
prolom

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:28:45 AM

Does anyone have anything against doge.hashfaster.com?

Doge doesn't look like their main business...

ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 05:47:22 AM

Hashrates on https://www.dogepool.net are rising steadily.. Finding decent amount of blocks too.

prolom

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:23:07 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 07:12:02 AM by prolom

Aight. Giving dogepool a try overnight. See what gives.

edit - no... it estimates like 2,300 doges a day for 1.4 MHs... The hashfaster  was over 12,000 payout over the last 24 hours. Huh? I'm just looking at the numbers, I have nothing against either one...
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 07:13:33 AM

Aight. Giving dogepool a try overnight. See what gives.

edit - no... it estimates like 2,300 doges a day for 1.4 MHs... The hashfaster  was over 12,000 payout over the last 24 hours. Huh? I'm just looking at the numbers, I have nothing against either one...

Dont trust the estimates, See What You really get.

Hmm..  Maybe i should simply fake the estimates by multiplying them with a random Number between 5 and 15

EDIT: Fixed Smiley

prolom

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:30:18 AM

Maybe somebody else goes first... I might give it a try when I get a couple more cards this week.
Trololo2060

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 07:37:37 AM

https://fast-pool.com - is Ok for me - 2 weeks
circusmidget11

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

GOOD Dev

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:08:53 AM

I am so tired of doge scam pools, new ones pop up everyday and they last for a month or two then they shut down and run away with all the funds.

GOODcoin - C-Cex Vote - Poloniex Request -
GOOD: GcFTMgVKLGrGjY4Vm1XD8tP4vUsS64uqWw
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 09:03:33 AM

I am so tired of doge scam pools, new ones pop up everyday and they last for a month or two then they shut down and run away with all the funds.

Thats because People are switching so much, Dogepool.net was one of the First and it lasts

AtlantisPlatform

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:30:34 PM

That was a quick failure, Prolificmining gave up on PPS already. I got a couple thousand doge out of them before they failed, and I thank them for that, though it was clear that they weren't very good at running a pool. Payments didn't work right and they can't even keep the website up. They complained about people doing payouts of a couple coin, but the transaction fee is set to 0. No wonder. They're now 0.0026% of the Doge hashrate, completely inconsequential. Also now refusing to do a manual payout of my remaining balance, which is the true mark of a scammer.

I've gone back to pool.dogechain.info; I figure being part of the Doge project they're at least a little bit less likely to be a scam. Though the payout for the last 24 hours has still been under 50% of nominal, which is statistically unlikely to just be unlucky.

I have yet to find a doge pool which doesn't skim off the top at least 30-40%. Most people are to ignorant to realize this and are such believers in the coin that they don't care.
atp1916
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:14:13 PM

Want an honest pool?  Look no further: www.netcodepool.org

We don't tolerate crookish behavior and we are always watching.  
AtlantisPlatform

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:37:53 PM

Hi guys
I have mined at two sites since yesterday using 7970 GPU.
This one: http://doge.netcodepool.org/, i mined there for about 6 hrs and only got 7 coins.
Then i joined https://www.suchcoins.com/ and left my pc on all night. I had a quick check late at night and saw few coins confirmed.
But can't access this website anymore, because its down.

Can anyone from experience plz let me know how many coins should i expect using 7970gpu per hr?
and any good pools which i should join? Thanks

On any pool block % is luck based. During the period you mined we found a lower coin block by luck, next one had thrice as big coin reward.
This is common to all pools, it gets averaged out once you mine for all 24 hours.

Any issues on netcodepool, email:  inaun@netcodepool.org

Btw netcodepool is in mining business since more than a year, much older than any other pools you will find here. We have payed out over 70,550+ LTC over this period to users. 1.1 Billion DOGE have been payed out to miners, that accounts for more than 1% of the total coins.

Also, note that netcodepool is an admin on Dogecoin's official sub-reddit, /r/dogecoin so even the creators trust us Smiley You could have just dropped a mail or approached any online admin on chat.

During the major hack before last week due to which there was one week downtime, our hot wallet was stolen, but we made sure all users got their coins and paid them from our pocket (never made an issue of that) - thus maintaining the record of never loosing a single user's coin.

Always calculate the amount of DOGE you will earn in 24 hours based on your hashes on a website like coinwarz, then based on that join a pool which gets you the closest amount to that.
Make sure you spend atleast 24 hours on a single pool to get correct statistics.

Always research about the pool's history before you mine there for longer duration time, because it involves your "real money".

Doge pools are scams  in regards to how much they pay out, I mine for 72+ without stopping and am only at 60% of what coinwarz and the pool estimates, percentage is not based on luck after enough time has gone by. Bottom line, doge pools are taking some of your coins and pocketing them. SCAM

Read my post above you bro. No scam there Smiley

So your pool will payout close to what Coinwarz estimayes over a 24 hour period?  Your pool won't be 50% or 60% of that???

You did not understand what me and some others wrote before.

You're probably better off mining something else

I am perfectly capable of deciding what I mine, thank you very much. I along with many others believe that dogepools are scamming unsuspecting and suspecting people. Sorry, I don't buy your snakeoil, I know when I am being scammed.

You have no idea how much of a facepalm I had when you failed to realize that coinwarz uses averages of the random block size. It uses the possible values of a block (in the case of dogecoin, that's 0~1,000,000) and picks the middle point (which is 500,000). It is statistically against you earning EVERY SINGLE BLOCK at 500,000. If you don't believe me, look at this:

Now, assuming that a pool is scamming you is completely wrong, because if you look at this:
you'll see that block 72950 only gave out 146,609.71 Ð, and it took more shares to find it compared to the estimate (8,614,905 actual shares, compared to 4,173,662 estimated shares). That means that this specific block took a bit over double the time to mine, and gave out 29~30% of what the estimate of 500,000 was.

Now look at block 72937, see how it gave out 895,594.00 Ð instead of 500,000 Ð that coinwarz predicted? and also look at the shares: it was estimated to need 4,173,662 shares, but only required 199,665 shares; that's ~2090% LESS shares than predicted to be needed, and the payout was ~180% HIGHER than coinwarz estimated; so that block was ~3700% MORE valuable than both the pool and coinwarz predicted.

If this info doesn't prove that the pools aren't scamming you; you should either: solo mine, or find a non-random block value coin. ocminer wasn't selling you snake oil, he was trying to explain that you were seeing this wrongly: the coin has inherently random payouts. it's impossible to predict how much you'll earn in a small period of time.

well keep palming your face instead of that other thing your mama told you to quit doing!! I understand averages, you don't! If the average is 500k, of course you won't hit 500 k every block, duh!! The longterm average should still work out to coinwarz estimates longterm, duh! so no I don't buy your snakeoil either, use it for lubing your facepalmer!

Congratulations to be the first on my ignore list Smiley

Well with all your fancy Powerpoint presentation there, can you show me anyone who got paid way over their 24 hour estimate, see luck, and estimates, and averages go both ways, if everyone is always being underpaid, then that proves scamming. So who has gotten significantly more that coinwarz, coinchoose or pool estimate?
satsumi

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:28:59 AM

Thats because People are switching so much, Dogepool.net was one of the First and it lasts
Their orphan rate for the last week is 18%, which is insanely bad. Losing 18% of your work because the pool is poorly connected to the network is just as much a waste as losing it to fraud.

pool.dogechain.info's is 1.6% in comparison, over an order of magnitude better.
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 07:00:46 AM

Their orphan rate for the last week is 18%, which is insanely bad. Losing 18% of your work because the pool is poorly connected to the network is just as much a waste as losing it to fraud.

pool.dogechain.info's is 1.6% in comparison, over an order of magnitude better.

my orphan rate is 12% or so, but I still get 120% more than I should
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: