Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:58:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Risk points of investing in cryptocurrency.  (Read 2013 times)
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:38:46 PM

risk in the crypto world must have existed, and in my opinion even large enough, but behind that there is also a big advantage, a very clear risk is that the level of crypto market movements is very volatile, so it is very difficult to determine when to buy and when to sell

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 611

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:48:01 PM

risk in the crypto world must have existed, and in my opinion even large enough, but behind that there is also a big advantage, a very clear risk is that the level of crypto market movements is very volatile, so it is very difficult to determine when to buy and when to sell
Comparing the ratio of risk and reward then we can really able to see the difference and this is why some or most people do gets interest because of the profitability factor that would possible get.
There are lots of factors or risk on engaging to crypto not only on the volatile prices itself but also in the part of most traders which they do lack knowledge and being too emotional you are really putting
up yourself into trouble.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mrcharles
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:00:57 PM

The cryptocurrency space is faced with price volatility, so many persons purchased bitcoin at $20,000 hoping to sell when the price gets to $50,000. But it's over 8 months and the price is unstable and has dropped far less than $6,000. In situations where a borrowed fund was used for the investment, it would be disastrous. It's better to only invest what you can afford to loose. Never use borrowed fund or money for short term commitment. The market is always unpredictable. Secondly, so many persons has got their wallet hacked as a result of their ignorance and inability to keep their private keys private.
gorokill

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:10:12 PM

As a newbie, I should know the risk point of investment in cryptocurrency. Could you please share your views so that I can gather some knowledge about the risk factors??
Thanks in advance.

Every investment has risks, as well as crypto, and I see the risks here are very large. and behind the big risks there is also a big advantage. because if you are not able to accept big risks don't expect you will get a big profit, that's why now many big investors from all over the world enter crypto investment. But if you know to handle the situation you can minimize the risks you face. In crypto to minimize the risk of investing you need sufficient knowledge about cryptocurrency and how it works.
moto556

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:23:35 PM

There are a lot of risks when investing in the cryptocurrency market such as having a transaction, or familiar password or keyword for your wallet, phishing on the net ...
ProstoCrypta

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:10:58 AM

A huge abundance of information. Which is controversial, full of rumors. This is confusing and, if not sorted out properly, can lead to large losses.
Early_Waffle

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:30:08 AM

It is important to understand that there are always certain risks associated with investments, there is a risk of fraud and error, so you need to make a responsible choice.
Anicasalar

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:53:01 AM

I believe that volatility becomes the main risk when investing in crypto. Care must be taken to select a suitable project with good potential.
3-tails

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:04:57 AM
Merited by xtraelv (1)

Well, there are a lot of risks, like being unlisted on exchange for ICO you've invested in. Another risk is low liquidity or dropping below pre-ico price.
i don't even talk about exit scam,because this outcome is obvious.

Many people really underestimate low liquidity. A coin can be so hard to trade it's unusable, so easy to inflate/deflate it's basically a scam waiting to happen, or even just die out and turn worthless. It's very, VERY dangerous!

Another warning: the harder people are promoting it, the more risky it becomes. Pump and Dump is everywhere, especially on newer coins or ones with lower liquidity. Usually it starts with a lot of astroturfing about how awesome a coin is and/or how it's "going to moon" and ends in a lot of broke people.

Honestly, I'd tred carefully with anything under two years old, especially if it has low liquidity. CoinGecko is a good place to check this stuff.

Lastly, doing the research can be a problem in and of itself. The astroturfing can get pretty bad and whitepapers don't make for newbie friendly reading. Unfortunately the research is needed for a wise investment...
Veeggaa

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 01:49:24 PM

A huge abundance of information. Which is controversial, full of rumors. This is confusing and, if not sorted out properly, can lead to large losses.
On my opinion, as there are no laws or regulations that specifically impose the liability of the floor, so if the floor is hacked then your money on the floor may be lost. If you trade on a reputable trading platform, this will limit the risk. In fact, there were hackers attacking the trading floor. Be carefull and always pay attention, mate.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 01:51:56 PM

There are a lot of risks and in order to properly assess the scale I would probably recommend that you still try to invest a small amount in any project you like that you would consider normal, then you will understand all the risks that are present today
olya_n

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:00:26 PM

As a newbie, I should know the risk point of investment in cryptocurrency. Could you please share your views so that I can gather some knowledge about the risk factors??
Thanks in advance.

Many newbies to the cryptocurrency market with a dump start to panic and sell their coins at a low price. They lose their profits and their investments ... Of course, investment in the cryptocurrency is very risky! It is necessary before investing your money, to understand these risks well and not to panic while dumping, but to wait for the rise in prices of crypto. Collect the maximum information about the coin you want to invest in. Good luck to you!
Cloak1

Activity: 623
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:50:32 PM

According to me the biggest risk is the declining trend of the crypto you invested. The second is the ban by local laws/policies. The third is the loss of your password or key. And the forth is whether the cryptocurrency you invested will survive in the competition.
hellyeahent

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:20:06 AM

The main risk for me is the difficulty in choosing a truly reliable and profitable project in order to avoid possible losses of your money.
ryanfromrethink

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:34:00 AM

Beginners need to understand that the investment risks here in any case remain. Therefore, you need to learn the basics of trade and investment before starting work.
travelhelperio

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

Helper

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:44:55 AM

Thanks in advance.

Crypto market is high risk market for short term Investor, But For long term investor Risk convert in to huge profit, you can check the graph of bitcoin in 2015 to 2017 how much huge profit investors earned in 2 years, same as ETH.

Travel Helper ● 
Decentralised Freelance platform for Travellers
WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK  ●  ANN THREAD  ●

● Travel Helper ●
▰▰▰▰ Freelancer platform for Travelers ▰▰▰▰
● https://www.travelhelper.io/  ●
JunMel

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:51:44 AM

Thanks in advance.

Crypto currency is associated with lot of risk. First you must have enough knowledge and understanding how crypto works before investing. Second you must fully aware of every coin you like to buy,do some thorough research before buying it. Then always study first before joining any projects if those projects are not hype or scam.

Bhosted

Activity: 328

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:10:15 AM

There are many risks in the crypt and so when I started to get acquainted with the crypt I first tried long-term investment in promising coins, and  now I look closely at some coins for day trading.
Gelesko

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:18:53 AM

Thanks in advance.

The risk factor is you lose everything, what you invest! If you want to succeed in crypto, you need good knowledge what you invest in, follow their telegram group, read white paper, know the team and most of all be very patient! I know a lot of people who earned from crypto, but because of their greed, they kept on investing and now they are almost broke, as when it was time to sell, they kept on buying while it was at a peak price. You need a good strategy and a lot of patience

Blackpanther399

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:19:15 AM

Investing in cryptocurrency comes with huge risk. You must know how what you are investing into. If its a coin, you need to know what coin it is and be sure of the team of the coin you are holding. Always make sure that the developers are working.

Thirdly, you need to know how to invest. Do not invest all your money. Always invest little by little in my own opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: