Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:10:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920051 times)
dopey

Activity: 1008
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 02:42:41 PM

I am not connected to the "POT development team" but bought a few coins last year. POT community exists on a de facto decentralised basis I believe. Some of the volatility on poloniex last year is so typical of cryptocurrencies and is par for the course (and an opportunity to buy more). POT developers have achieved many of the goals. Android wallet is an understated major gain. The conjecture that one or two targets not being met means POT is a scam and basically likely to flop is untrue. POT does not have major VC funding yet so the yardstick for criticism should be relative. POT and its community continue to do well. Potcoin still exists and the POTential is there.

Whether the developers can meet all the goals this year remains to be seen. The marijuana market is in the making. Making it very easy for retailers/merchants to use a robust POT POS interface in my opinion is a priority for POT developers and community. The important consideration is not who could not stand the white knuckle ride of last years volatility but instead the important challenges ahead this year.

Weedo

There was no volatility last year. The coin was sitting idle for over a year before these fake announcements were dropped in early October of last year which has caused the recent activity. Check here = https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/potcoin/

Additionally, you can see that there was someone loading up right before the news dropped = https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_pot

I realize that you are on the opposite side of the fence on this argument and that's fine, once again I am simply stating facts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Weedo

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:11:56 PM

"There was no volatility last year. The coin was sitting idle for over a year before these fake announcements were dropped in early October of last year which has caused the recent activity. Check here = https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/potcoin/

Additionally, you can see that there was someone loading up right before the news dropped = https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_pot

I realize that you are on the opposite side of the fence on this argument and that's fine, once again I am simply stating facts."

There was plenty of volatility last year. Astute investors likely picked up the coins in the low hundred satoshis last year in some bulk and the price went up. Supply/demand for the coins and fundamentals of this growth sector were responsible for the rise to over 1000 satoshis. The fundamentals are still there and will only improve. Some overexuberance in the market at high levels last autumn does not change the forward direction of Potcoin.

Weedo
dopey

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 03:24:19 PM

With all due respect, I'm not sure you understand the definition of volatility. Take a look at the chart from Oct 2015 - Oct 2016 = https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/potcoin/

The coin was essentially abandoned and some of the original devs literally left the project after discovering the difficulty of getting any sort of mainstream use within the marketplace.

Regardless, it's Saturday night and I'm on vacation in Thailand, it would be foolish for me to continue this conversation with a newly created forum account with 3 posts.

I wish you luck and suggest you buy more PotCoin if you truly believe in the development team and their recent actions.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 07:51:51 PM

I tend to agree with dopeys views about MJ coins in general.

I was a big investor in potcoin and cannabis coin and thankfully got out of potcoin with a profit before all this unsubstantiated hype and market price manipulation began. The Cann, well I believed too long and now am stuck with a worthless bag of shit.

Best of luck to all trading in cryptos. Make wise decisions based upon actual news, past developments and the likelihood that what teams say is coming in the future is actually possible.

Im bullish on DopeCoin in the next 12 months but only because of the recent few months of activity and a well planned well orchestrated swap.
CryptoRambler

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 11:03:31 AM

I was a big investor in potcoin and cannabis coin and thankfully got out of potcoin with a profit before all this unsubstantiated hype and market price manipulation began. The Cann, well I believed too long and now am stuck with a worthless bag of shit.

Best of luck to all trading in cryptos. Make wise decisions based upon actual news, past developments and the likelihood that what teams say is coming in the future is actually possible.

Im bullish on DopeCoin in the next 12 months but only because of the recent few months of activity and a well planned well orchestrated swap.

The only real manipulation has been holding down POT prices. With just one news development like Canada going legal, POT will rage again to new ATH. Be patient and accumulate until the good news comes!
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 02:47:25 AM

The only real manipulation has been holding down POT prices. With just one news development like Canada going legal, POT will rage again to new ATH. Be patient and accumulate until the good news comes!

hahaha. too funny.

POTcoin has no market penetration, its being artificially inflated right now.
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 02:53:30 AM

this coin gets pushed higher with all the new interest in altcoins
Min€r

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 03:55:56 AM

hahaha. too funny.

lol - so whats the difference now to Dopecoin (or any other)?
Of course questions can be asked and you should always decide on your own feeling but right now it sounds like the admin of competitor coin is spreading FUD here.

When that volume is right: 131USD/24h - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dopecoin/

... then the whole postings are even more funny. I see somehow no problem for POT when have x1000 trading volume than competitor. :-)

BTC Sticker: German | English  
BTC Promo Sticker Sets: German | English
1P7fvQGyNx2EwUD7zVfY8jvDFjfA5Sq59b
dopey

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 04:47:05 AM

hahaha. too funny.

lol - so whats the difference now to Dopecoin (or any other)?
Of course questions can be asked and you should always decide on your own feeling but right now it sounds like the admin of competitor coin is spreading FUD here.

When that volume is right: 131USD/24h - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dopecoin/

... then the whole postings are even more funny. I see somehow no problem for POT when have x1000 trading volume than competitor. :-)

The difference is that DopeCoin has admitted the failed business model of trying to be a mainstream payment system to buy marijuana from dispensaries.

Instead of offering false promises and telling the community to "just wait guy's, any month now and we will be accepted into dispensaries and magically birth a mainstream user-base that will use PotCoin over cash, credit, debit or even Bitcoin. Just trust us"

This is the same thing that has been told by Potcoin and all the other marijuana cryptos. An unrealistic business model that has been attempted and been a total failure.

Fox news's business analyst nailed it 3 years ago - check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fKICIXsqsU

The business model was a failure and I, among others, was wrong.

Now here we are 3 years later... Nothing has changed. There is still no userbase "beating down the doors to buy marijuana with crypto"

Rather than continuing to pursue a failed business model, DopeCoin is the only mmj coin that has accepted reality and made a plan to evolve.

I realize that you are invested in Potcoin and want it to succeed and I'm sorry for raining on the communities parade.

The reason I posted all this information and defended my position so passionately is because we just recently saw MarijuanaCoin rip off it's userbase for around 28 BTC, XCI and Gangacoin positioning to do the same.

And then we have PotCoin..... a coin that was basically dead for all of 2016 so it decided to manipulate it's user-base by releasing fake news and photoshopped pictures of atm machines.

And what are the future plans for PotCoin's business model? "We're going to get accepted into dispensaries guys! Just wait, 2017 is going to be a big year"

I do hope that you profit from your investment and I realize that many people are going to be pissed off at me for the things that I have said. My objective was to simply issue a warning and wake up call to and industry that I helped pioneer and am passionate about.

Warm regards,

Dopey

Min€r

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 06:29:07 AM

"I realize that you are invested in Potcoin and want it to succeed and I'm sorry for raining on the communities parade. "

Are you sure?  Smiley

WTH has a decentralized coin to do with a centralized ad-system, lol. So the only purpose is to fuel your ad-system then.... thats even worse than all other ideas I saw in past,  sorry. "Photoshopped ATM" - I really have to say I never saw that pic but a General Bytes machine cost you 3k USD and you have it ready running - wow. All you wrote up here is in my eyes not really a point for your coin even if POT would be dead.

In fact I don`t care anyway but thats just FUD & promo for your (dead) coin - what was dead 2016 and 2017 if only purpose is to fuel an ad-system in future, lol.

dopey

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:19:38 AM

"I realize that you are invested in Potcoin and want it to succeed and I'm sorry for raining on the communities parade. "

Are you sure?  Smiley

WTH has a decentralized coin to do with a centralized ad-system, lol. So the only purpose is to fuel your ad-system then.... thats even worse than all other ideas I saw in past,  sorry. "Photoshopped ATM" - I really have to say I never saw that pic but a General Bytes machine cost you 3k USD and you have it ready running - wow. All you wrote up here is in my eyes not really a point for your coin even if POT would be dead.

In fact I don`t care anyway but thats just FUD & promo for your (dead) coin - what was dead 2016 and 2017 if only purpose is to fuel an ad-system in future, lol.

I appreciate your question and will now address your concerns.

DopeCoin's mission is to execute a long-term strategy which is focused on educating and onboarding as many new users into the cryptocurrency scene as possible. And yes, our long-term goal is to be used for marijuana-related purchases by a niche community of crypto and MMJ enthusiasts as I feel that mainstream use by the masses is not something that will be happening anytime soon.

In the meantime, I will continue to evolve and work hard as I am addicted to the process.

What should be understood is that I left the project 3 months after creating DopeCoin in 2014. I realized that the business model was a failure and refused to blow smoke up the community and our userbase's ass with false promises. The reigns were handed over to one of our community leaders and yes the coin laid dormant for around 2 years.

Over the years I regretted this failure and always wanted to find a way to once again become involved in the project.

In December of 2016, I decided to innovate and make an attempt at executing a new business model that may or may not be successful. If it fails, I will try something else.

Since relaunching as DopeCoin Gold we have begun to once again see some interest in the project which is based on real developments. Our social media team is hard at work and have had some great early success.

https://twitter.com/dopecoinGold
https://www.instagram.com/dopecoingold/
https://www.facebook.com/dopecoin/

Yes, you do have the right to insult my mission to develop new and innovative ideas and to have the courage to fund them and push them into the marketplace to see if they will work. And you can also disrespect me for the statements that I have made, it's fine, I'm a big boy and have developed a thick skin over the years.

I am a serial entrepreneur and many of my business ideas have been flops, most of them in fact, others have been wildly successful and have provided me with enough capital and infrastructure to put myself out there and take risks.

I realized when making these statements that I would be under attack and would have to invest some time in defending my position.
Min€r

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:48:32 AM

sorry I think you got me wrong.... I find your transparency and communication great - it is just the act you come into a thread of competitor, want to promote yours what has no volume or value and additional try to make the other bad - lol.

In fact you slaughter here yourself with your postings as talk here bad from competitor (with x1000 of your trading volume) and on top want to "sell" people a centralized ad-system now. That step alone is simple questionable as hell after your failed coin - then say them it is dead and over before run people into the next questionable thing. I just see absolute no use-case here - I would even say before that will succeed Potcoin is traded at 100usd, lol.

Why on earth should someone trade cash/btc into "Dopecoin ad-tokens"? As I am a publisher.... why should I go with an additional layer of insecurement (via Dopecoin) and waste my ad-space for it when it brings cash now?

People who have traffic on their site know exactely how to convert it into money, but real one.

dopey

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 09:47:41 AM

sorry I think you got me wrong.... I find your transparency and communication great - it is just the act you come into a thread of competitor, want to promote yours what has no volume or value and additional try to make the other bad - lol.

In fact you slaughter here yourself with your postings as talk here bad from competitor (with x1000 of your trading volume) and on top want to "sell" people a centralized ad-system now. That step alone is simple questionable as hell after your failed coin - then say them it is dead and over before run people into the next questionable thing. I just see absolute no use-case here - I would even say before that will succeed Potcoin is traded at 100usd, lol.

Why on earth should someone trade cash/btc into "Dopecoin ad-tokens"? As I am a publisher.... why should I go with an additional layer of insecurement (via Dopecoin) and waste my ad-space for it when it brings cash now?

People who have traffic on their site know exactely how to convert it into money, but real one.

Good question, let me explain.

Currently, the marijuana industry is unable to advertise their products on the mainstream advertising platforms as they are drug related and against those platforms terms and conditions.

As a result, the marijuana based websites are forced to use a service called Mantis which is an advertising platform specifically designed for marijuana-related businesses.

This new platform is still in its infancy and has around 350 websites on board. They also have a set price and virtually no competition allowing them to dictate the price that they charge and pay to customers.

My concept is to introduce Reefer Media, a 2nd option for that industry, which will provide a higher payout to website owners and cheaper costs to advertisers. The userbase will then be able to make/save more money and can easily swap their DopeCoin's for Bitcoin or fiat currency at will.

This will allow them a second option which will not only be more profitable but also provide the benefits that come along with operating in crypto.

The plan is ambitious and unique and will certainly be a challenge to pull off. Which is what I love!

If you had a marijuana-based website and wanted to make as much money as possible from your traffic... Would you choose the higher payout?

My original intention was not to come in and bash Potcoin but rather to highlight the current scammy behavior going on in the MMJ crypto space, in particular, the recent IPO scam pulled off by MarijuanaCoin. Yes, I did promote myself and DopeCoin at the same time (which I should - 2 birds one stone right?) and I understand that this thread, in particular, would be pissed right off that I would have the audacity to make the statements that I have made.

I knew that I would have to defend my point of view and would be insulted and disrespected by many of the supporters of our competitors and I do apologize if anyone's feeling were hurt along the way.

As a closing statement, I would like to once again point out the chart of Potcoin's activity above which only started trading in massive volume again a couple of months ago.

I appreciate the debate and wish you success with your cryptocurrency investments.

Warm regards,

Dopey

dopey

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:18:21 AM

dopie

is dis true volume for DOPE??? Huh

Volume (24h)
$130
0.11 BTC

look dead so maybee you try an prop up???

Yeah bro, the volume is very dismal at the moment and will require careful execution of our strategy in order to bring DopeCoin back from the dead.
We could be using bots and other tricks to show fake volume like these guys.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cannabis-industry-coin/
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/marijuanacoin/

But instead, decide to maintain our integrity and just keep grinding away until we achieve legitimate success.

I knew coming into this discussion that our current volume and valuation is terrrible and that these facts would be pointed out. We would be called, dead coin, shit coin, stupid etc etc.

The truth is that we have a lot to accomplish and even more to prove, both of which will require a long-term comitment from myself and my team.

But hey, I'm here ready to put my money where my mouth is and to face all the obstacles that come along with the situation head on.
dopey

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:30:25 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2017, 01:18:27 PM by dopey

why you not work on own coins???

if no ones buy DOPE so far after years maybee is fake i thinks
i think POT more better like crowd

Volume (24h)
$125,689
102.53 BTC

We are working on our own coin.... please read the previous posts. And to put things into perspective it was not that long ago that Potcoin also had similar low volume and marketcap.

I have not posted in this thread for 3 years and, although it was a little bit hostile, feel that I have sufficiently made my point. If you would like to continue the debate or call me names please feel free to post in the DopeCoin thread and I will do my best to engage you in a thought provoking discussion. I will now exit this thread and wish you the Potcoin community the best and hope that you all profit from your crypto investments.

Warm regards,

Dopey

cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:33:45 AM

here's some cannabis crypto pron. enjoy.  Grin

If you live in California, I highly recommend looking into ARK.  Just Sayin, insider info.
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:53:17 AM

tell them a crazy banana in a can sent ya.

Chillbro Swaggins

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:51:56 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2017, 09:09:21 PM by Chillbro Swaggins

why you not work on own coins???

if no ones buy DOPE so far after years maybee is fake i thinks
i think POT more better like crowd

Volume (24h)
$125,689
102.53 BTC

We are working on our own coin.... please read the previous posts. And to put things into perspective it was not that long ago that Potcoin also had similar low volume and marketcap.

I have not posted in this thread for 3 years and, although it was a little bit hostile, feel that I have sufficiently made my point. If you would like to continue the debate or call me names please feel free to post in the DopeCoin thread and I will do my best to engage you in a thought provoking discussion. I will now exit this thread and wish you the Potcoin community the best and hope that you all profit from your crypto investments.

Warm regards,

Dopey

Hey Dopey , stop being such a DOPE !!!  Stop spamming our thread trying to promote your own coin .. go to your own thread you dumb ass !!!

This only makes you look desperate and weak to post in competitors forums.
aristokrat

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:31:07 AM

Dopey is angry cuz his coin is ful of shit nobody want to trade Cheesy
Min€r

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:35:02 AM

agree totally - there is anyway no business model behind a centralized ad-system with a decentralized dead coin. No publisher would mess their ad space for such bs, lol
Next regulations, in 90% of all green countries ads are not allowed when it comes to ganja. Thats definately the worst idea I read here in 5 years :-)

Pages: « 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: