Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:33:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 411 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PMC] Premine Coin | Rare | Mining Transaction Fee Proof of Concept  (Read 382863 times)
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:07:30 PM

Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:18:41 PM

I dont get how some people have thousands already? Surely if the only way you can get this is with handouts, then everyone should have roughly the same unless some are being given more than others?

I would like to get on board if anyone if feeling generous 13ZNioWZTsaD3bpLUWnXW3FXmDifcQXTAe

Sent 30. I only have 18 left to give away if I don't receive any more donations. 1MBbDbo7koEA9TPnRT25BYfEp2s6Wu1BVM

The earliest adopters who showed interest got given PMC by the dev, and he's giving away the remaining PMC on PMC's new forums. So there are people with amounts around 5-10k. I don't know exactly how much. I'm not sure what determines an initial share.

Some are also trading/buying it up, and others, unfortunately, are creating multiple accounts to hoover up donations.

I was given coins by the dev, and I've given a lot away, and still have a lot to give away. The hope is, is that the early adopters, like myself, all understand that in order for the coin to be valuable it must be in enough hands, and it wouldn't be practical for the dev to handle that all by himself. So there's a trickle-down effect.

There will be a faucet soon, and the designer says he'll be putting the 50k bounty in it, so there are things being done to distribute the coin further, and when the coin does gain value I will look at alternative ways to distribute my stake.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Chrisoldinho

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:19:01 PM

This community is awesome at times!

Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=207526.0

BTC: 1Lx4N52ZWBJ2ieRudrrUGjec6RybBuGhVV
Nullu

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:22:26 PM

I dont get how some people have thousands already? Surely if the only way you can get this is with handouts, then everyone should have roughly the same unless some are being given more than others?

I would like to get on board if anyone if feeling generous 13ZNioWZTsaD3bpLUWnXW3FXmDifcQXTAe

Sent 30. I only have 18 left to give away if I don't receive any more donations. 1MBbDbo7koEA9TPnRT25BYfEp2s6Wu1BVM

The earliest adopters who showed interest got given PMC by the dev, and he's giving away the remaining PMC on PMC's new forums. So there are people with amounts around 5-10k. I don't know exactly how much. I'm not sure what determines an initial share.

Some are also trading/buying it up, and others, unfortunately, are creating multiple accounts to hoover up donations.

I was given coins by the dev, and I've given a lot away, and still have a lot to give away. The hope is, is that the early adopters, like myself, all understand that in order for the coin to be valuable it must be in enough hands, and it wouldn't be practical for the dev to handle that all by himself. So there's a trickle-down effect.

There will be a faucet soon, and the designer says he'll be putting the 50k bounty in it, so there are things being done to distribute the coin further, and when the coin does gain value I will look at alternative ways to distribute my stake.

Thank you Smiley

You're welcome. This coin will only have value if everyone pitches in and shares. In a few weeks 30 PMC may be worth something, so I hope when the times comes you'll give out 0.5 or 1 PMC to a handful of people, and the process can continue.

As long as it keeps getting distributed, eventually it will be in enough hands to become tradable, sellable and usable, but as this coin relies almost entirely on this initial distribution, the coin will live or die depending on whether the initial holders are generous enough. It seems counter-intuitive, but greed and hoarding will make this coin utterly worthless. Even for you. Everyone that contributes will be contributing to the value of PMC.

luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:23:29 PM

Nullu

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:23:45 PM

The dev is working on an updated client which should hopefully mean more consistent tx fees. I think someone posted awhile back in the thread saying how much he made with a few Ghash/sec, but it wasn't much. 10 or 15 in a day, I think.

creditcoin_CRD (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:24:34 PM

Thank you Smiley

13ZNioWZTsaD3bpLUWnXW3FXmDifcQXTAe

Out of interest how much do you get mining tx fees, never tried it before. I know the amount is small but if it's consistent then it could be quite a bit in time.

It's not consistent at all, but IMO that's part of what is interesting. This AM I've picked up quite a few TX fees, but for the most part it is mining for 0 reward. The reward is based solely on the amount of transactions in a block. The fuller the block, the higher the reward.

Edit: there are also people willingly adding fees to TX -  so when i say "The reward is based solely on the amount of transactions in a block." I guess that isn't quite accurate.

maardein

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:27:13 PM

Happy to sort out the hosting as mentioned to the dev on the forum. If we can agree with dev, I'll get access details to you today. Why don't you PM dev and myself.

This will be great for the coin.

Free as in for no expected gain, those 50k are better off in the faucet. All I need is LAMP stack on ubuntu preferably so I can build premined without much trouble and it should be all good to go.
Not sure what you mean by a lot of work. Takes about 5 lines to modify https://gitorious.org/elbandi/minifaucet/source/3473b07ff4078118f002be7918443dfb02335b81: to add PMC

Buy the hosting and domain, I'll set it all up for free, then someone else can skin it cause i suck at it.
+79383 DEV Balance
-50000 reserved for faucet
-10000 reserved for service
=9383 remaining for giveaway

It's getting real now...

50K is a lot to reserve for a faucet, as I said before. That's 10% of all coins that will ever exist. 5000 seems perfectly reasonable.

I have already addressed this.

Edit: If nobody has jumped at the opportunity to develop a faucet at this price, nobody is going to do it for 5k. Wink

You did? I must have missed the post.

I have to respectfully disagree, though. Once the coin hits exchanges and becomes valuable, it will gain a lot more attention. If that happens, 5k will be more than enough. 50k may actually be enough to destablise the price. Imagine someone dumping 10% of all possible coins, compared to 1%. 40x times less total coins that BTC, Klondike, Catcoin, and so on.

People will happily receive 5k coins to create a faucet when the coin becomes valuable. Nobody has created a faucet now because we have no where near reached breaking point yet.

Yes, I just looked for it, but it's buried in 65 pages of comments Wink

in summary i laid out the stipulations for it to qualify, set a deadline etc. 

TBH for the faucet to qualify, it is a lot of work. really. A LOT. So the price is high. if the deadline is not met, I will pass out the 50k reserved.

I'll keep looking and PM the full explanation to you.

This is why I was questioning the bounty. There are lots of faucet owners out there who could create one with very little work.

When you say "for free", do you mean you are forgoing the bounty? If so I'll donate some Premine for your efforts, as well as top up the faucet.

This is an amazing community. I keep saying it but look how everybody is pitching in. I'd love to see that 50k in a faucet. A more equal distribution is exactly what is needed. Let me know what to do.

I haven't really been following your discussion, but if a server is the problem I can set you up with a digitalocean vps node? Should be plenty I guess to handle a faucet?

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 02:27:42 PM

damn i posted so many Times about PMC and such little reward?
come on admins/guys give me some fair premines!

1LPykwMxHQYPN2kBTfoKhmucLD25gGpxWE

creditcoin_CRD (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:28:04 PM

Happy to sort out the hosting as mentioned to the dev on the forum. If we can agree with dev, I'll get access details to you today. Why don't you PM dev and myself.

This will be great for the coin.

Free as in for no expected gain, those 50k are better off in the faucet. All I need is LAMP stack on ubuntu preferably so I can build premined without much trouble and it should be all good to go.
Not sure what you mean by a lot of work. Takes about 5 lines to modify https://gitorious.org/elbandi/minifaucet/source/3473b07ff4078118f002be7918443dfb02335b81: to add PMC

Buy the hosting and domain, I'll set it all up for free, then someone else can skin it cause i suck at it.
+79383 DEV Balance
-50000 reserved for faucet
=9383 remaining for giveaway

It's getting real now...

50K is a lot to reserve for a faucet, as I said before. That's 10% of all coins that will ever exist. 5000 seems perfectly reasonable.

I have already addressed this.

Edit: If nobody has jumped at the opportunity to develop a faucet at this price, nobody is going to do it for 5k. Wink

You did? I must have missed the post.

I have to respectfully disagree, though. Once the coin hits exchanges and becomes valuable, it will gain a lot more attention. If that happens, 5k will be more than enough. 50k may actually be enough to destablise the price. Imagine someone dumping 10% of all possible coins, compared to 1%. 40x times less total coins that BTC, Klondike, Catcoin, and so on.

People will happily receive 5k coins to create a faucet when the coin becomes valuable. Nobody has created a faucet now because we have no where near reached breaking point yet.

Yes, I just looked for it, but it's buried in 65 pages of comments Wink

in summary i laid out the stipulations for it to qualify, set a deadline etc. 

TBH for the faucet to qualify, it is a lot of work. really. A LOT. So the price is high. if the deadline is not met, I will pass out the 50k reserved.

I'll keep looking and PM the full explanation to you.

This is why I was questioning the bounty. There are lots of faucet owners out there who could create one with very little work.

When you say "for free", do you mean you are forgoing the bounty? If so I'll donate some Premine for your efforts, as well as top up the faucet.

This is an amazing community. I keep saying it but look how everybody is pitching in. I'd love to see that 50k in a faucet. A more equal distribution is exactly what is needed. Let me know what to do.

I haven't really been following your discussion, but if a server is the problem I can set you up with a digitalocean vps node? Should be plenty I guess to handle a faucet?

Hosting was donated, but TYVM

creditcoin_CRD (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:29:11 PM

DEV funds are tapped - ill send you the amount of my personal mining rewards though.

Chrisoldinho

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:30:17 PM

Quote from: creditcoin_CRD
It's not consistent at all, but IMO that's part of what is interesting. This AM I've picked up quite a few TX fees, but for the most part it is mining for 0 reward. The reward is based solely on the amount of transactions in a block. The fuller the block, the higher the reward.

Edit: there are also people willingly adding fees to TX -  so when i say "The reward is based solely on the amount of transactions in a block." I guess that isn't quite accurate.

Sounds good, i've pointed my solitary R290X in support of this to try and hoover up some small fees, and have added PMC to my sig.

I'll run a give away this evening when I get back from work.

Nullu

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:30:27 PM

186.99 PMC is quite a bit, considering that the initial distribution phase of the coin is over.  Smiley

Remember there are only 500,000 coins in existence. Ever.

If this were your average rare currency of 20,000,000 total coins, you'd be holding 7479.6 of them. Think about that.  Wink

shanent

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:30:42 PM

186.99 is not bad. I have less than you and I'm giving something to others

Print yOur PreMineCoin CaLenDar  PMC(φ) 16z7TSgoXRTepHFT1CEBXA3j5jWVQ2uADL  BTC 1AeMvtC9nhboL7fSMkyNykW864rEQWUjQC
creditcoin_CRD (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:31:52 PM

Also, there seems to be some false information out there that PREMINE is a scrypt coin, I don't know how that got out there, but if you are scrypt mining this coin change to SHA-256

Chrisoldinho

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:32:46 PM

Also, there seems to be some false information out there that PREMINE is a scrypt coin, I don't know how that got out there, but if you are scrypt mining this coin change to SHA-256

definitely not going to get anything then with my R290X  lol Smiley

PalaRIP

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:33:11 PM

Thanks alot to the one who did sent me some!! Cheesy
Sondey10mg

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:33:15 PM

Hmm only 3 days old and all coins are already divided? Guess I missed the boat then  Cry

Why don't they spread this over 6 months or something? Surely you could've gotten to much more people that way

*Image Removed*
 *Image Removed*
raveldoni

Activity: 434

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:35:47 PM

Hmm only 3 days old and all coins are already divided? Guess I missed the boat then  Cry

Why don't they spread this over 6 months or something? Surely you could've gotten to much more people that way

Not all coins. There is a faucet coming very soon.

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
creditcoin_CRD (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:36:17 PM

Hmm only 3 days old and all coins are already divided? Guess I missed the boat then  Cry

Faucet is in the works i hear.

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 411 »
  Print  

Jump to: