Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:36:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 411 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PMC] Premine Coin | Rare | Mining Transaction Fee Proof of Concept  (Read 382860 times)
Benezivas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:12:37 AM

I think a major problem for now, distribution-wise, comes from that we supplied the first wave of rather lucky people with a big percentage of the whole coins. Redistribution needs to be done, even for holder with lower amounts(20-100), and of course especially by the big ones. If you have gained some coins out of this: fine. But what about the rest of the people that will only hear of this coins by friends, at a later time through these forums and so on? Of course, we can argue that we "deserve" slightly bigger amounts of the coins than they do, as a completly equal distribution is just unrealistic and constantly handing out bigger figures hinders the establishment of a basic level for the price. Is a big faucet the solution for all of our problems? It surely will not be, as a new individual wouldn't be satisfied with such peanuts. Maybe we need to establish more competition regarding this coin, and to figure out how this could be done best should be our next step.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:12:48 AM

Well, mining is still an integral part of the coin. It will still need to be mined to support the network, and if the coin becomes valuable, which provided this level of activity is sustained, seems likely, then miners will get a worthwhile return on mining tx fees.

All it requires is for enough people to be using PMC for this to happen. That's why it has to be distributed. It simply does not work if it doesn't.

However, it doesn't have to be given away for free. It's already becoming more scarce.

I still have a good amount to give away though, so provided the majority of big holders do the same, then the coin will be valuable. However, it would only take a couple of hoarders to make it worthless, so you have to ask yourself how many who got an initial stake have vanished and are just sitting on their coins letting everyone else do the work.

Like I've said previously though, people of that mindset just dump coins the first chance they get. They aren't interested in potential value or speculation. They, ironically, will be the biggest losers of all. The winners will be the ones who work hard to promote PMC, and have faith that it will gain value.

As Benezivas rightly says though, it's too early to be thinking about prices and value, but we should start thinking of novel ways to give away PMC, rather than just hand it out.

True.

Right now I am sitting on about 238 pmc. I believe those hoarding 5000 + coins (which is about 1% of the supply) would be wise to limit themselves to a certain degree if they want this coin to take off at all since distribution is key.

However, as you said we can't just give things out without promotional ideas. How about a few big holders get together and announce a HUGE twitter/facebook/reddit/blog promotion campaign with about 10,000 PMC in stock for people who make efforts to promote this coin?

It could even bring in people from outside the forums.

+1

I would like this. I am trying to find ways to spread the coins which will have a larger impact.

The dev should have a record in his wallet of the largest quantities he sent out. Didn't someone compile a list of the addresses in this thread? If we have the names we can contact all the big holders and have a sort of group of stakeholders on the PMC forums and discuss how best to move forward. As the ones with the most influence I'm sure most of us would like to see PMC do well.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Nullu

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:15:41 AM

I think a major problem for now, distribution-wise, comes from that we supplied the first wave of rather lucky people with a big percentage of the whole coins. Redistribution needs to be done, even for holder with lower amounts(20-100), and of course especially by the big ones. If you have gained some coins out of this: fine. But what about the rest of the people that will only hear of this coins by friends, at a later time through these forums and so on? Of course, we can argue that we "deserve" slightly bigger amounts of the coins than they do, as a completly equal distribution is just unrealistic and constantly handing out bigger figures hinders the establishment of a basic level for the price. Is a big faucet the solution for all of our problems? It surely will not be, as a new individual wouldn't be satisfied with such peanuts. Maybe we need to establish more competition regarding this coin, and to figure out how this could be done best should be our next step.

All things considered, you have to have some big stakeholders, a moderate amount of medium stakeholders, and a lot of small stake holders. That's just the way it has to be. If it was fair we'd all have exactly the same amount of coins, but that's impractical and nigh on impossible. If you want unfair distribution, take a look at some other coins that employ a similar model. I can name a few which are monstrously unfairly distributed.

I absolutely agree that we do need competitions and promotions and awards etc. I've stated several times that I have 2000 PMC to give away, 2560 total, including donations. I am more than willing to distribute. Now we need ideas.

Benezivas

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:15:58 AM

The dev should have a record in his wallet of the largest quantities he sent out. Didn't someone compile a list of the addresses in this thread? If we have the names we can contact all the big holders and have a sort of group of stakeholders on the PMC forums and discuss how best to move forward. As the ones with the most influence I'm sure most of us would like to see PMC do well.

I have got the list right now as I set the bounty for it, sadly it doesn't contain the associated names, as my edit seemed to be too late. I had plans regarding further filtering out members that already got their coins with this list and to use it for mass distribution in the future. But sure, I can share it with those who are interested.
Nullu

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:18:15 AM

I have got the list right now as I set the bounty for it, sadly it doesn't contain the associated names, as my edit seemed to be too late. I had plans regarding further filtering out members that already got their coins with this list and to use it for mass distribution in the future. But sure, I can share it with those who are interested.

It would be handy to know who the big stakeholders are. I'd really need to know the forum name associated with the wallet address for it to be useful. Either way I still need the dev to send me a list of the largest payouts he sent, then comb this thread and the forum for the largest handouts, then go through the process of trying to organise the group.

Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:26:55 AM

Careful...the big stake holder wallets will get hacked Sad

Trust the dev to do this, and no one else.

Sucks. If you can think of a better way to promote transparency without getting your coins jacked, let us know.

Also, Nullu I hope you encrypted, backed up, and secured that wallet. I also hope you cleaned out your computer and done a good deal of anti-bot anti-virus scanning.

After doing this, wallet should be secure in a moderate sense - I suggest paper wallets and cold storage back up just in case.

Of course....this should be common knowledge Smiley

Lastly, I have a feeling at most 20 to 30 people are holding the majority of this coin right now. Distribution is key Smiley

Also, my apologies for not including the names - but it seemed almost pointless as we can exclude ALL the 0-10 activity 2 day old accounts, and it's no problem to make one of those with a different address you can generate.

You can always 'search' Smiley

Dev, if you are reading this, please consider putting up a pie chart or something similar indicated which portion of the coin belongs to who - without revealing the identity of the holders (user 146 or something). It will give us an idea of what the proportion is, and not wind up with just 20 people holding 5000 each and having control of 20% of the entire coin supply.

I believe the best option would be people to limit themselves to 2000 at most, and distribute the rest to as many hands as possible via promotional give aways and bounties for faucets, shops, exchanges (not just for btc, but for other coins as well - LTC, WDC, PPC, NMC, DOGE, etc.). If we can have more than 1000 individuals on this forum holding on to some amount of PMC, and probably more outside, than we can try this out on the exchanges.

Nullu

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:46:02 AM

My wallets are secure. I employ best practices when I hold something valuable/potentially valuable.

I'm putting my stake in cold storage, but will leave the rest in my wallet for promotion.

Just mined another block. That's 4 today. Pity they're empty blocks. It'll be more fun when they have something in them. Even if it's just 0.1 PMC.

creditcoin_CRD (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:49:25 AM

Sucks. If you can think of a better way to promote transparency without getting your coins jacked, let us know.

Also, Nullu I hope you encrypted, backed up, and secured that wallet. I also hope you cleaned out your computer and done a good deal of anti-bot anti-virus scanning.

After doing this, wallet should be secure in a moderate sense - I suggest paper wallets and cold storage back up just in case.

Lastly, I have a feeling at most 20 to 30 people are holding the majority of this coin right now. Distribution is key Smiley

Also, my apologies for not including the names - but it seemed almost pointless as we can exclude ALL the 0-10 activity 2 day old accounts, and it's no problem to make one of those with a different address you can generate.

Dev, if you are reading this, please consider putting up a pie chart or something similar indicated which portion of the coin belongs to who - without revealing the identity of the holders (user 146 or something). It will give us an idea of what the proportion is, and not wind up with just 20 people holding 5000 each and having control of 20% of the entire coin supply.

I believe the best option would be people to limit themselves to 2000 at most, and distribute the rest to as many hands as possible via promotional give aways and bounties for faucets, shops, exchanges (not just for btc, but for other coins as well - LTC, WDC, PPC, NMC, DOGE, etc.). If we can have more than 1000 individuals on this forum holding on to some amount of PMC, and probably more outside, than we can try this out on the exchanges.

I was actually going to simply export the transaction logs to CSV, remove the usernames, and post it for anybody wanting to read it. Seemed easier.

Nullu

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:51:14 AM

I was actually going to simply export the transaction logs to CSV, remove the usernames, and post it for anybody wanting to read it. Seemed easier.

It would be easy to create a chart using the CSV data, so please do.  Smiley

I also know some VBA scripting, so if we need to do any fancy spreadsheet calculations, I might be able to whip something up for us.

Lydian

Activity: 1638
Merit: 686

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:53:54 AM

interested...

1PVLm5BG9HehW8cRHAEZtPW63YjcAXC88x

thanks
creditcoin_CRD (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:57:31 AM

It would be easy to create a chart using the CSV data, so please do.  Smiley

I also know some VBA scripting, so if we need to do any fancy spreadsheet calculations, I might be able to whip something up for us.

PM me your email. I'll send it over

Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:00:22 AM

My give away is done. I can do another one for 1000 PMC with 5 PMC each. While I do believe in promotional give aways, some people just don't have the means - it's not bad to have many little guys out there getting a few coins in their pockets.

However, the problem with many different accounts using different addresses all going to the same wallet IS a problem. We are also seeing influx of greedy chinese alt accounts who are here to beg and deceive.

We need to set up a condition of some sorts for each giveaways that would shut out 3-4 day old alt accounts by default. Post substance, days active, activity, date of registration, etc.

Exceptions would be made, but that would have to be after some consideration.

As many have said, this will only stay within handful of people on this sub forum if it doesn't get out. We need to have this on as many hands as possible, and even the promotional give aways will result in handful of these forum goers getting the coins.

Any ideas about spreading this out will be welcome.

Nullu

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:02:12 AM

My give away is done. I can do another one for 1000 PMC with 5 PMC each. While I do believe in promotional give aways, some people just don't have the means - it's not bad to have many little guys out there getting a few coins in their pockets.

However, the problem with many different accounts using different addresses all going to the same wallet IS a problem. We are also seeing influx of greedy chinese alt accounts who are here to beg and deceive.

We need to set up a condition of some sorts for each giveaways that would shut out 3-4 day old alt accounts by default. Post substance, days active, activity, date of registration, etc.

Exceptions would be made, but that would have to be after some consideration.

As many have said, this will only stay within handful of people on this sub forum if it doesn't get out. We need to have this on as many hands as possible, and even the promotional give aways will result in handful of these forum goers getting the coins.

Any ideas about spreading this out will be welcome.

Yeah, I haven't heard many ideas of how we could spread Premine far and wide. I'm open to suggestions. Perhaps even need a small bounty just to get a thread going for people to suggest ways it could be done. We need to start spending Premine on things that benefit Premine.

busoni

Activity: 364

Owner of Poloniex

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:06:21 AM

If someone sends me some PMC for testing (and for me Cheesy), I'll work on putting this on Poloniex. Address: 1F9YtsAHSLZFboqHUVEaXW7QVE9tMYsXv8

Poloniex.com - Fast crypto exchange with margin trading, advanced charts, and stop-limit orders
Nullu

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:07:48 AM

If someone sends me some PMC for testing (and for me Cheesy), I'll work on putting this on Poloniex. Address: 1F9YtsAHSLZFboqHUVEaXW7QVE9tMYsXv8

Sent.  Smiley

Antana

Activity: 174

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:13:14 AM

I am from Australia

1Esojnium1AMDFfayZpmy5gwm1fE23xVuJ

Thanks

Bigeyeone

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:15:47 AM

good work, coins sent

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
ksr123

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:21:57 AM

Lets try! Smiley

1EYH5ox9ctHDiaNG8ViynDhe2Ri24JRnSz
Nullu

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:28:16 AM

Lets try! Smiley

1EYH5ox9ctHDiaNG8ViynDhe2Ri24JRnSz

Enjoy.  Grin

Nullu

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:36:31 AM

Would it not be better to use this as the coin's logo?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=427519.msg4713616#msg4713616

I much prefer it to the original, and it would look half decent on an exchange.

Perhaps we need a bounty/competition for the best logo design? I'd be happy to run with that. Get it done in time for the new wallet.

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 411 »
  Print  

Jump to: