Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:05:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it risky to buy not top 100 crypto currencies?  (Read 8783 times)
xaker74

Activity: 1016
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:10:28 PM

It is in any case a big risk, it does not matter the top 100 or not, there is always a chance to lose the investment.
Altcoindealer

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

XAYA - THE ULTIMATE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:12:19 PM

So you have to know that all cryptocurrencies are risky. Cryptocurrencies are a high risk investment. But yeah you can say taht cryptos out of the top one hundred has more risk. But they also have more potential to grow big and fast. So every trader is also investing in those coins. If you buy some of there and you chose the good one, it could be like a lotto win!
jmvzlfyg

Activity: 174
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:13:43 PM

Buying the top 50 coins is safer than buying new coins. These coins are good projects and are likely to continue to grow in the future.
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:15:27 PM

No it is not risky to invest in projects that are not top 100. The top 100 you are seeing probably on coinmarketcap is not the rating of each coin on how good they are, the position is just pretty much based on market capitalization of each of them.

However, the only time it is risky is when you do not get to research on the coin or token you are investing in and you still invest in it anyway. Always remember, it is not about the quantity, but the quality and in fact, if you can do a research on project that has a lot of potential, may be new in the market and the market cap is not that huge, you will be hitting a huge Jackpot in the long run.
vaso11

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:18:52 PM

Hey what do you think, is it risky to buy crypto currencies that are not top 100? I mean do you have a higher chance to lose your money or not?
This is certainly the case, there are bigger risks, but that chance is to earn much more profit. Greater risks, but also much greater growth potential

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:19:28 PM

Hey what do you think, is it risky to buy crypto currencies that are not top 100? I mean do you have a higher chance to lose your money or not?
Actually there is a risk but it is also lucky. All you need is to trust and of course you also need to know the tokens you will buy. Many people get rich because of this and all you need is courage. And of course brains because most Altcoins now come in and dump.
greenclub09

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:28:47 PM

If you want to invest safely, you want to make a profit in the future, then you should invest in altcoin in the top 50 coinmarketcap. However, investment in altcoin outside the top 100 is also promising. Although the risk is high, the profit it brings is also great. Before investing in altcoin in addition to the top 100, we should learn about that altcoin, find out how it works, the development team, or the supportive community of that altcoin. I believe that investing in long-term altcos with good potential will bring us much profit in the future.

TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:31:33 PM

Of course not. There are project that not yet known but has a potential to grow community and increase the price and that what investors earn more profit for waiting for that project to be known.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
Ceyebrity

Activity: 103

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:36:57 PM

It is risky but you can as well get lucky. Do a proper research to know which one to go for
Pappy_1_

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:37:16 PM

Even investing in the top 100 altcoins you still risk. Investment is always a risk. I think that investing in unknown altcoins is possible, but as much money as it will not be a pity to lose.

Shaminyue

Activity: 119

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:37:46 PM

I would say that every coin has their own risk even when they are listed in top 100. Sometimes it would depend on the time you buy the coin and how long you desire to keep it. However, high risk high return, thus, just buy the coin that you believe it will bring you profit (by evaluating the project, looking at the team member, how the project works,...)
Travis726

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:41:14 PM

it is more risky than buying top 100 coins for sure.... But with risk, comes reward Wink
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 04:50:30 PM

There are lots of coins out there and it is somewhat true that mostnof the coins in the Top 100 are already mainstream since they are already well established in the market. Their value and trading volum is already quite high and although it is already difficult to buy large sums of these coins, the risk is already low compared to others.

There are other good cpins below the list of the top 100. However, it poses more risk compared to the ones at the top because they are below mainstream. That isnwhy you have to research the coin you're eyeing. It's developers, team, as well as the community that supports it.
Mahanton

Activity: 2744
Merit: 634

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:53:53 PM

Even if you do buy on top 10 doesnt guarantee you that you are on the safe side even on bitcoin itself it wont really assure you that you wont able to lose up money.The important thing here is that you should know on what coin you are engaging on and you should embrace the risk on cryptocurrency investment and dont think up that you wont able to lose money, if you dont like to lose money then crypto investment isnt really for you.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
yingfeng

Activity: 910
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:56:52 PM

Risks are always there. I sometimes choose projects below 100. But you always need to properly diversify your portfolio. In the portfolio must be bitcoin and Eth.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄       
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████   
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████   
  █████████████████████   
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████     
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Pokemon Go

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 04:57:42 PM

I do not think so, because I do not think rank determines whether we will get a big profit or not.
bitcoinman93

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:07:59 PM

it is really risky. It's risky enough to buy top 100, don't get fooled. But smaller market cap means more risk in general, but of course it's all down to very thorough DD on each project.
beliomir

Activity: 539

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:14:44 PM

Unequivocally, you can not say, maybe among them there is some kind of promising coin that will be released in the top 20. But it's still a risk

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:18:47 PM

It is not that risky because not everything that not in top 100 crypto currencies is bad, the thing is it's not rare for a new ico to get straight into top 100 coinmarketcap so of course the older project's rank will go down, they will be there again once they release their platform and have their coin price increase, I have several coins that I hold which aren't top 100 coin marketcap and I still earn profit. As long as they still have liquidity on the exchange, you should be safe.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 05:29:27 PM

i think it is normal when we buy cryptocurrencies, all cryptos have their own risks, it just if we invest in top 100, we can have more chance to see that altcoin is pumped in the future but the risk is the same between altcoins, hundreds of scams also came from top 100 altcoins, so i suggest, if you want to invest in an altcoin, choose many altcoins, not one because we may survive if an altcoin scammed in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: